TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Vendors Kicked out - Maracas & Las Cuevas??

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

faster the better
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Vendors Kicked out - Maracas & Las Cuevas??

Postby faster the better » April 25th, 2018, 8:57 am

And Richards is severely overrated, they just riding the wave of dissolved TDC advertising.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

wagonon20's
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wagonon20's » April 25th, 2018, 9:13 am

First they raise KFC now no more food vendors on d beach , is VENE we aiming to be like.... wat people supposed to do eat sand cakes and drink sea weed

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 25th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Good move if you want to start improving tourism. Vendors need to meet international standards for selling food to the public. Be it government provided or self. Waste water etc from those stalls need to be routed away from the public

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 25th, 2018, 5:36 pm

screwbash wrote:
hydroep wrote:
screwbash wrote:make way for the 1% brands - KEFFSEE, SUBWAZE,RICHUALS ETC.. and a TOTAL BAN on bringing your own food an drinks to the beach an making cook.

Was thinking the same thing but not so much with the brands unless they're adding shark and bake to their menus. They'll probably start up some new shark and bake/seafood "franchise" or get their own people to run traditional-type huts.

Expect to pay 1% prices too...:|

look at the infrastructure now, think about zanzeebar / lure now imagine a nice beach front area with deck serving drinks, food etc, a few hagin dass ice cream shops, a few gyro men. think about the night life that can be created up maracas and the $$$ generated for the 1%.
beach.jpg

dais some good talk doh. The only nightlife by a beach we have up north is carenage (which is basically boat sewage)

And there's space, might have to sacrifice some forested areas but #yolo

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 25th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Yeah....all them fancy restaurant nice n thing...but the problem to fix is the road to reach.....

But I smell something cooking with this maracas thing

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » April 27th, 2018, 9:41 am

Thanks to this thread, stopped by uncle sams yesterday. beastly cold carib abd hot bake and shark. Very bess.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 26th, 2018, 7:56 pm

So one month after I told you, the Maracas beach vendors were, today, given 2 weeks to clear out.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 26th, 2018, 7:58 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Yeah....all them fancy restaurant nice n thing...but the problem to fix is the road to reach.....

You are so right. if I tell you how much bobol and corruption going on with the Las Cuevas bay and Maracas beach projects.

Zorak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Zorak » May 26th, 2018, 8:21 pm

They need to do something about the chair rentals as well. My preference is remove them all together. I find it to be an eyesore the way they have all their chairs laid out, even with no one using them, and taking up a lot of 'real estate' unnecessarily.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2018, 1:38 am

bluefete wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Yeah....all them fancy restaurant nice n thing...but the problem to fix is the road to reach.....

You are so right. if I tell you how much bobol and corruption going on with the Las Cuevas bay and Maracas beach projects.
Do tell if it was a non PNM governments you doing this it would have been on the front pages

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 27th, 2018, 3:06 pm

wagonon20's wrote:First they raise KFC now no more food vendors on d beach , is VENE we aiming to be like.... wat people supposed to do eat sand cakes and drink sea weed

Walk with your own food .

Who really needs shark & bake ?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » May 27th, 2018, 5:38 pm

Good job. I stopped going Maracas for years since construction started. Went back recently and will not go back again. Can't believe there is no changing room, running water to shower or wash your hands and feet, etc.

Really was an inconvenience rather than an experience.

How they cooking and washing without running water. How visitors supposed to use washroom and be hygienic.

Maracas disgusting!

PPG really fack that beach up.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2018, 5:45 pm

PNM fvcked up Maracas

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 28th, 2018, 2:12 pm

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » May 28th, 2018, 2:26 pm

the temporary structures look very stink to be honest. The guy who fries the shark for Richard's is in a tent opposite the area where the condiments are and if you see inside that tent. I went up by my namesake, uncle sam which was less stink but still kinda stink lol

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » May 28th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Wasn't there a story of a vagrant who used to poop on the beach every morning ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 28th, 2018, 2:41 pm

The cesspit facilities have never worked properly in last 20 years...

it is against the law to have non-takeaway food without proper facilities and obviously unsafe.

New vendor structures are already built and painted and can be seen on the beach,
however the newly built cesspits and soakaways are clearly visible behind and are full of effluent from ground water. In other words if the soakaway is already backed up without usage then it will never work, lol

Who/which ever govt designed the toilet facilities there is seriously at fault for that faux pas.
It would have been better to build a small proper sewage treatment plant across the road and direct all the waste there with a big pipe going under the road, but this woulda cost billions :)

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 28th, 2018, 3:11 pm

bluefete wrote:

jump out yuhself nah, lewwe hear..

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm

matr1x wrote:Wasn't there a story of a vagrant who used to poop on the beach every morning ?
Lol... I'm more concerned about everybody pissing in the water. I'm sure you will be swimming in urine if you go there on a public holiday or Ash Wednesday.

Honestly, it's a good idea to improve the area to promote tourism (both local and otherwise). Sadly, we know what happens to good ideas in this country. I'm am cringing in anticipation of the inevitable bobol to come :(

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 28th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
matr1x wrote:Wasn't there a story of a vagrant who used to poop on the beach every morning ?
Lol... I'm more concerned about everybody pissing in the water. I'm sure you will be swimming in urine if you go there on a public holiday or Ash Wednesday.

Honestly, it's a good idea to improve the area to promote tourism (both local and otherwise). Sadly, we know what happens to good ideas in this country. I'm am cringing in anticipation of the inevitable bobol to come :(

You think your 2 ml of urine will affect the ocean ?

Do you know the effect ocean salt water has on urine ?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm

dougla_boy wrote:
bluefete wrote:

jump out yuhself nah, lewwe hear..

So in Las Cuevas they are supposed to be re-doing the sewer system.

Cost of pump about $35,000.00
Miscellaneous other costs +/- $500,000.00
Projected total cost = $535,000.00

This is a project on a facility that has been generally well maintained.

Rumoured cost of project = $6,000,000.00 - $10,000,000.00

BTW - They closed down the beach restaurant since April 20th and not one brick has been laid as yet.

And we thought Jack Warner was bad!

Maracas Beach- well I see that the gov't has moved fast to quell that bacchanal. But the new booths were indeed built close to the sewer system and that is not supposed to be.

Cost of Maracas Project = $233 million + $120 million + $60 million = $413 million.

What do we have to show for that?

A car park that charges $30.00 to drive in and park! And about 8 concrete booths.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 28th, 2018, 7:23 pm

Somebody should make a jail

bluefete wrote:Cost of Maracas Project = $233 million + $120 million + $60 million = $413 million.

What do we have to show for that?

A car park that charges $30.00 to drive in and park! And about 8 concrete booths.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 29th, 2018, 6:21 am

Sadly, the blame game will begin between present and past admins, and at the end of the day we will still be left with a sheitty eyesore of a beach.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 29th, 2018, 6:52 am

If this is true...stuart young would dig up some files on kamla et al....who get that contract?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 29th, 2018, 6:53 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:If this is true...stuart young would dig up some files on kamla et al....who get that contract?
I think somebody digging Stuart as we speak

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2018, 7:31 am

We will reach status like Barbados soon
Their sewer plants nonfunctional
Raw sewage overflows on roads and is dumped straight into the sea all around the island
Locals don't bathe at beaches

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » May 31st, 2018, 9:50 pm

I don't mind paying taxes. However I went Maracas beach yesterday 30-5-18 and I have not seen where $61 million was spent.

True there is a brand new car park but that couldn't have possibly been even $5 million worth of spending. They didn't have to start with a green field since there was already a carpark.

NO enhancements to the beach. The beach is still the same except for a few additional rocks from the construction of the vendors' booths. As one of my friends said: "They need more sand!"

And the booths cannot be opened either. I heard that it has something to do with it being too close to the sewage plant. This means that there were NO approvals from WASA. To be honest with you I don't know where the sewerage plant is since I was looking for it.

There is NO public bathing facilities (showers) and if there were any it is a best kept secret since no one seems to know if there is any. There are no signs for ANYTHING - no signs to state where the parking is, only to realise you have to drive at the END of the car park to get to the entrance, no signs for toilet facilities, no sign for lifeguard, no signs for vendors.

No running water anywhere. I assumed this has something to do with WASA but fortunately I brought a 2 liter bottle of water with me to at least wash feet.

For $61 million I thought there would be some beach enhancements, maybe a pier closer to the river side, 500 meters into the ocean, 10 meters wide for fishing, walking. Setup a 24 hour service. Pay $5 to use the pier. And no matter which government is in office there seems to be little innovation. NO pier at Chaguaramas or Manzanilla either.

And speaking of lack of innovation, you mean to tell me that they couldn't move the road between the car park and the beach?? For $61 million I thought you would have at least that idea. Did they at least had people come up with several ideas on how the "new" beach was going to be? Everything has to be to fill people's pockets without at least getting some value for it???

If therefore the government cannot come clean with taxpayers' money then don't ask us for additional tax!

-Andre Thompson-

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 1st, 2018, 5:07 am

so which brother uncle nephew get the contract?? how come people so quiet about this issue

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”