TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby timelapse » March 2nd, 2021, 4:24 pm

So what about the people that view light skin as superior or better than dark skinned people? That kinda caste system mentality hadda stop too

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 2nd, 2021, 4:37 pm

Skin colour dont matter much to me, it's body type.

But the issue I have is the way Trini women dress, one set of loose fitting long sleeve and long pants.

These Venezuelan woman have a much better fashion style.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 2nd, 2021, 4:49 pm

So you prefer women dressing like whores...I gotcha buddy.How would you feel about your mom and sisters dressing that way?
Dohplaydat wrote:Skin colour dont matter much to me, it's body type.

But the issue I have is the way Trini women dress, one set of loose fitting long sleeve and long pants.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 2nd, 2021, 4:55 pm

timelapse wrote:So you prefer women dressing like whores...I gotcha buddy.How would you feel about your mom and sisters dressing that way?

Lol how do you equate wearing a tight fitting top and jeans to being a hoe?

I just disappointed that in a hot tropical country that is famous for our bikini carnival, so many women choose to dress like grand mothers.

And my mom and sis can dress however they want bro.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 2nd, 2021, 5:00 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
timelapse wrote:So you prefer women dressing like whores...I gotcha buddy.How would you feel about your mom and sisters dressing that way?

I just disappointed that in a hot tropical country that is famous for our bikini carnival, so many women choose to dress like grand mothers.

Because women are harassed daily. Always the victim of inappropriate gestures, statements from a lot of men.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 2nd, 2021, 5:04 pm

matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Because women are harassed daily. Always the victim of inappropriate gestures, statements from a lot of men.

So you're saying they choose to dress that way because they don't want the attention of low life men?

Why don't the Venezuelan or many black women feel that way?

Also, why in safe environments do these women choose to dress in unflattering clothes?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » March 2nd, 2021, 5:06 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

So you're saying they choose to dress that way because they don't want the attention of low life men?

Also, why in safe environments do these women choose to dress in unflattering clothes?

Doh play dat! :lol:

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 2nd, 2021, 5:09 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Maybe they don’t like being disrespected. Some women love the attention and some don’t. It’s quite simple.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » March 2nd, 2021, 5:22 pm

Let's be real here, if a hot guy with a nice car pull up, or a highly influential person pulls small talk, many of these self righteous twats slobber over them.

I have seen married women openly flirt and they come across as thirsty. If the guy is not so good looking they would go to HR

If you want respect, respect yourself first. Don't dress like a hooker and expect the respect of a nun.

Also, many women add outrage in their heads and inflate situations the may have been 3 out of 10 and magic it to 8 out of 10

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 2nd, 2021, 5:29 pm

Simple answer: different perception of morality.I actually know a lot of conservatively dressed afro sisters.I work with them and respect them for their accomplishments in their field.
Im assuming you referring to Indo girls.A lot has to do with cultural upbringing.If you can't grasp the concept,I doubt you ever will.
For the least , my friend Max respects the Vene females as people and not merely objects for his viewing pleasure.Not all women craving that kind of attention.
Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 2nd, 2021, 5:34 pm

Venezuelans to reregister

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 2nd, 2021, 5:59 pm

redmanjp wrote:Venezuelans to reregister

Hello redmanjp,

Thank you for the link.

Friends,

From 1:40 let’s pay special attention and appreciation:

“We took a decision, a humanitarian decision, because it’s our brothers and sisters in Venezuela. ALL who were here in T&T, whether you came in legally or illegally, come forth and register” - The Hon. Stuart Young.

Humanity called upon us, and WE, as a people, as a nation, answered.

This is truly a blessing to the Venezuelan community where they can reregister and have their documents up to date. The Govt also assures us that there is no corruption whatsoever for false documentation or backdated applications.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 2nd, 2021, 6:23 pm

timelapse wrote:Simple answer: different perception of morality.I actually know a lot of conservatively dressed afro sisters.I work with them and respect them for their accomplishments in their field.
Im assuming you referring to Indo girls.A lot has to do with cultural upbringing.If you can't grasp the concept,I doubt you ever will.
For the least , my friend Max respects the Vene females as people and not merely objects for his viewing pleasure.Not all women craving that kind of attention.
Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Lol dude, culture can be toxic. In fact, the same 'religious' culture that tells women that women who dress like that are hoes is exactly what's wrong with this country.

Respecting someone for their achievements regardless of how they dress is good. Disrespecting a woman because she chooses to dress a little sexier is WRONG.

All this beat up because I prefer how vene women dress, 2nr filled with some insecure men.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 2nd, 2021, 6:34 pm

The problem is definitely insecure men and not tusty men.Like I said,if you don't get it, you never will

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 2nd, 2021, 6:35 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Disrespecting a woman because she chooses to dress a little sexier is WRONG.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 2nd, 2021, 6:41 pm

timelapse wrote:The problem is definitely insecure men and not tusty men.Like I said,if you don't get it, you never will

The fellow tuner won't get it

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 2nd, 2021, 6:52 pm

matix wrote:
timelapse wrote:The problem is definitely insecure men and not tusty men.Like I said,if you don't get it, you never will

We not saying anything different though. I'm just taking a step further in saying that the culture many of our women are brought up in is toxic and self-defeating.

The fact that many of you (not you specifically) will even judge a woman lower based on if she dresses sexier is wrong and sexist.

Do you judge Faris's ability negatively due to his tight pants and shirts?

Now, ever wonder why it's mainly women hating on Venezuelans? They are using their own toxic culture to misjudge many of these women.

A few weeks ago in Tru Value, two cashiers smirking and smiling at each other then bad talking a Venezuelan woman (who was with her husband and child) because she wore short shorts (it look rel good) and slim fitting t-shirt.

As she walked off they uttering, "oh gah u seem them shorts, she come grocery in she in panty cyah cyah cyah". I tell them one time stop disrespecting the woman and I reported it to the manager.

Now, many will make generic statements like, 'dress like a hoe and I treat you like a hoe'.

Well, in Islamic countries, showing your hair is dressing like a hoe, so stop using your 'culture' as execute to be ignorant and insecure.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 2nd, 2021, 7:05 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:

We not saying anything different though. I'm just taking a step further in saying that the culture many of our women are brought up in is toxic and self-defeating.

The fact that many of you (not you specifically) will even judge a woman lower based on if she dresses sexier is wrong and sexist.

Now, ever wonder why it's mainly women hating on Venezuelans? They are using their own toxic culture to misjudge many of these women.

A few weeks ago in Tru Value, two cashiers smirking and smiling at each other then bad talking a Venezuelan woman (who was with her husband and child) because she wore short shorts (it look rel good) and slim fitting t-shirt.

As she walked off they uttering, "oh gah u seem them shorts, she come grocery in she in panty cyah cyah cyah". I tell them one time stop disrespecting the woman and I reported it to the manager.

Now, many will make generic statements like, 'dress like a hoe and I treat you like a hoe'.

Well, in Islamic countries, showing your hair is dressing like a hoe, so stop using your 'culture' as execute to be ignorant and insecure.

Hello DPD,

Nice write up as always.

I would have also reported those Trinis that were disrespecting the national. More than likely legal, happily married, hard working and just making groceries like everyone else.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 2nd, 2021, 8:16 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:

Culture is fluid just like you pointed out about Islamic countries. Problem is when your bring a foreign sometimes alien culture into an already pre established one resulting sentiments are to be expected. I'm sure a woman in hijab walking the streets of Caracas will get similarly strange looks.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 2nd, 2021, 8:30 pm

IMG_6487.JPG

https://www.looptt.com/content/govt-app ... on-process

Venezuelans who were issued national registration cards will be able to renew their registration cards which would allow them to continue to work legally in the country for a six-month period.

Speaking today at a media briefing, National Security Minister Stuart Young said the process will take place from March 8-26 and will only pertain to Venezuelans with existing registration cards.

Young said the registration exercise does not apply to undocumented migrants, that is, Venezuelans currently in the country without documentation authorising their residency.

Young said details would be also shared via the National Security’s website:

‘Government has decided that we will allow a re-registration, an updating of information with those Venezuelans who participated in the original Venezuelan registration of migrants scheme which was done in 2019.’

‘As you all would recall, in 2019, we took a humanitarian decision [that] all [Venezuelans] who were here in Trinidad and Tobago, whether legally or illegally, come forth and register. We had approximately 16,500-odd Venezuelans who were registered.

‘The registration process, when we did it at three locations, we registered from babies all the way up. We provided another six-month extension [and] here we are now. There were a number of things put into place…we introduced…the requirement for visas for Venezuelans entering Trinidad and Tobago. So for any Venezuelan wishing to enter Trinidad and Tobago, you’re required to apply for a visa.’

‘This re-registration exercise is not an opportunity for any persons who have illegally entered Trinidad and Tobago or anyone who doesn’t have visas…to come forth and register now.’

He said the information will also be available in Spanish on the Ministry’s website.

For the registration exercise, Venezuelans must provide:

The completed application form, in English and in block letters
Copy of migrant registration card or Minister’s permit
A recent passport-sized photo taken with a white background
A copy of their bio-data page of the passport
Cedula card (Venezuelan ID) or UNHCR card
Proof of address (rent receipt or letter from a landlord)
Job letter addressed to the Minister of National Security which includes the company’s letterhead or stamp, employee’s job title, date employed, the salary, signature of the supervisor, manager or managing director. If a company stamp isn’t available, a letterhead can be included stating their job title.
The application and accompanying documents must be included in an envelope with the applicant’s full name, migrant registration card or Minister’s permit number, a local telephone number and an email address on the outside of the envelope.

Young said this is needed as when the exercise is completed and the extension is granted the applicants must be contacted via email or phone to collect them.

These applications can be delivered in sealed envelopes at Ministry drop boxes located as follows:

135 Henry Street, Port of Spain
2 Knox Street, San Fernando
Agricola Building, Scarborough, Tobago
The drop boxes will be available from 7am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Young said Venezuelans do not have to drop off the forms in person but may send someone else to do so if they wish.

For collection, Young said applicants can come in with their existing cards on the dates they have been requested to visit, they’ll be either be issued with new cards or a special security tag which would be applied to their existing cards.

Young said the cards would be valid for another six months. Regarding questions on extending the six-month period, Young said this is government's current decision but it might change in future.

Young emphasised that Venezuelans granted these cards cannot use this time spent in the country to count towards any permanent residency application processes.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 2nd, 2021, 8:46 pm

Team,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to some of you xenophobic Trinis.

But this Govt is blatantly letting the public know of their outright support for the Venezuelan community.

The 16,500 figure that was perviously registered will change.

I’d let yall decide if it’s gonna be more or less.

Get back in the game Trinis, if allyuh dont change the mentality it will only get worse. Do not let your failures be the reason that others are supporting outsiders over you. Change the attitude and win back the trust from your own people.

Get productive.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 2nd, 2021, 10:53 pm

As with other political decisions,the average citizens are powerles.How the hell is this the average citizen's fault ?You not making any sense.Should we do the jobs of the cg? judiciary?Tell me oh wise one.If we adjust our attitudes and everybody is productive as you say, what then? All your illegal friends going to still be scaling our fences like the roaches that they are.No different to what they doing elsewhere.Somwhere down the line will be a tipping point where it all goes to hell.Then it will be too late
MaxPower wrote:Team,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to some of you xenophobic Trinis.

But this Govt is blatantly letting the public know of their outright support for the Venezuelan community.

The 16,500 figure that was perviously registered will change.

I’d let yall decide if it’s gonna be more or less.

Get back in the game Trinis, if allyuh dont change the mentality it will only get worse. Do not let your failures be the reason that others are supporting outsiders over you. Change the attitude and win back the trust from your own people.

Get productive.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » March 2nd, 2021, 11:11 pm

Anyone remember the fishermen the Venezuelan authorities used to kidnap from our waters and torture?

Yeah, didn't think so. If you support the venes then you were ok with this

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 2nd, 2021, 11:25 pm

Look at my avatar, she is a Vene, how could you turn your back on girls like that?

matr1x

Postby matr1x » March 3rd, 2021, 1:52 am

[code][/code]
Dohplaydat wrote:Look at my avatar, she is a Vene, how could you turn your back on girls like that?

Then you marry it. And she insist on bringing her family. And her "cousin " and her hook up, divorce you, take everything ad leave you dumb.

They are first grade parasites

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 3rd, 2021, 7:06 am

Easy.When you think with your brain instead of your wiggy.If said vene is educated and has a worthy career,maybe.Without facts,its hard to tell.Looks fade my friend, and when they do,what then?
Dohplaydat wrote:Look at my avatar, she is a Vene, how could you turn your back on girls like that?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 3rd, 2021, 7:19 am

Max this trini led this poor Vene woman astray with some herbs.

Trinis are causing problems

https://guardian.co.tt/news/two-arreste ... b3dd2fcaeb

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 3rd, 2021, 7:42 am

zoom rader wrote:Max this trini led this poor Vene woman astray with some herbs.

Hello Zoom,

Thanks for the article.

Trinis have to understand that the Venezuelans come to us in pain and suffering. They are scared and lonely and if the Govt went out their way to assist both legal and illegal Venezuelans, then we as a people should guide them the wrong path.

Desperation can be seen as a weakness and those vulnerable are easily influenced.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 3rd, 2021, 8:20 am

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Max this trini led this poor Vene woman astray with some herbs.

Hello Zoom,

Thanks for the article.

Trinis have to understand that the Venezuelans come to us in pain and suffering. They are scared and lonely and if the Govt went out their way to assist both legal and illegal Venezuelans, then we as a people should guide them the wrong path.

Desperation can be seen as a weakness and those vulnerable are easily influenced.
I agree she looked well spiffed up, so it's these dutty trinis to blame for her actions.

I think she knows better

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 3rd, 2021, 8:23 am

If only the terrible Trinis would stop shipping drugs though innocent Venezuela that would be great

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”