Forums

WTK: Ceramic/Nano Coating?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

NR8
Riding on 18's

Re: WTK: Ceramic/Nano Coating?

Postby NR8 » April 30th, 2019, 8:54 pm

maj. tom wrote:I've been looking for the Mothers Clay Bar, or any clay bar really. Can't find locally. Saw a nice car detailing video on ChrisFix that claying the car after a foam wash drastically improves the fine details of the surface and prepares it for the wax. He also has one where he clays the windscreen and it picks up a lot of micro dirt.

Price Club supermarket has a decent variety of detailing products. I saw both Meguiars and Mothers there in the past.

Soochi boi
Street 2NR

Postby Soochi boi » April 30th, 2019, 11:54 pm

gastly369 wrote:Have plenty men calling themselves "detailers" in TT... Atm

This hitting the nail on the head .
Everybody jump on the band wagon ...
market saturated.
Their are a few certified / uncertified person with great skills . Must give jacket their jacket .
While in this field in our economy detailing jobs are under priced as compared to the states. But most “detailers” not tailoring to a customers need and budget. Some sell dreams and don’t explain a coating still needs to maintained . Some blatantly rob you . Key point check all and window shop ask what your paying for and full explanations... and see if it’s worth it to you .

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 1st, 2019, 9:54 am

pugboy wrote:There may come a time when their skills will not command such a premium eh...
They better milk #72 and dem as much as they can lol

I love cars and I am also lazy as fk
If I could afford a 911 etc, I damn well paying one of the pros to do the work
Re the #72 type detailers, when wifey bought her Focus 5 years ago, I paid Karim Khan to detail it because it looked like sheit fresh out the showroom
It did not break the bank, and def worth the money, based on the stuff he used and the time / attention to detail
He also did my former landlord's roro Sylpyh that came off the boat dull and reeking of cigarette smoke
Again it did not break the bank

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 1st, 2019, 10:05 am

Piper Lincoln $20 wash ftw. Inside out, under fenders . If he real tusty, you getting engine wash for $3 more.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 1st, 2019, 10:09 am

rspann wrote:Piper Lincoln $20 wash ftw. Inside out, under fenders . If he real tusty, you getting engine wash for $3 more.

lol back in the day, we used to drink beers by a padna on cipero street and pay a piper in beer bottles to wash our cars
Man use an old rag and one bucket of water and had my white dutty wagon looking pristine. To this day nobody figured out ow he got all the tar off the fenders :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 1st, 2019, 10:10 am

I use carpro hydrofoam at every wash.
Pricey but most efficient. Wash and coat in one with good results.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 1st, 2019, 10:11 am

MG Man wrote:
rspann wrote:Piper Lincoln $20 wash ftw. Inside out, under fenders . If he real tusty, you getting engine wash for $3 more.

lol back in the day, we used to drink beers by a padna on cipero street and pay a piper in beer bottles to wash our cars
Man use an old rag and one bucket of water and had my white dutty wagon looking pristine. To this day nobody figured out ow he got all the tar off the fenders :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol.

cadence
Street 2NR

Postby cadence » May 3rd, 2019, 10:25 pm

Link to url not uploaded. Text from one of our page was copied instead, please delete.
Last edited by cadence on May 5th, 2019, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 4th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Is this what they call referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

cadence wrote:Some good info on FB from AutoClinique Professional Detailing....they are located in South Trinidad...they very reasonable from what I understand when I met a rep at the V8 boys Carshow at Brian Lara Stadium last week.

cadence wrote:At present there is alot of hype in the Detailing Industry about coatings that are fictitious. I am trying to summarize this as short as I can...

1. Coatings require proper prep work before application to allow proper bonding. The preparation processes require above average costly products, additional equipment and knowledge.

2. Coatings are not lifetime, they diminish under circumstances eg. Improper car wash soap, harsh climate, abrasive detailing liquids such as compounds etc

3. A genuine reputable coating will be atleast five times more cost than a high end wax/sealant.

4. If you purchase a wax/sealant eg: Meguiars NXT 2.0 and apply it once in two months and in between washes use a polymer sealant spray as a drying aid you will be protecting your paint surface for way less money and in some instances will appear no different to coated or sometimes look better based on waxing frequency.

5. The maintenance on most coatings are not practical, expensive and "fragile" in nature. Any wax/sealant will be the better approach in most situations especially if cost and user friendly is your concern.

AutoClinique Professional Detailing
Fareed

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 5th, 2019, 7:47 am

cadence
Street 2NR

Postby cadence » May 5th, 2019, 11:06 am

Strugglerzinc,

Our post was not meant to be third person marketing lol...I am glad you highlighted this error (was supposed to be a copied link with some customer feed back about the V8 boys carshow/coating jobs). We have not posted any direct marketing materials on Tuner due to not subscribing to powerseller status at this time. We intend to do so in the near future...

Thanks again for bringing to this my attention..

cadence
Street 2NR

Postby cadence » May 5th, 2019, 11:47 am

Coatings- what is important to note is that a "coating" job is not for everyone. Some car Owners will not be able to follow the proper maintenance required to benefit from the coatings.
Also, I have seen alot of "as seen on tv" products that are being sold in groceries, carparks and FB etc. Most of these will not provide the results of approved coatings that some of our local detailers provide.
I would recommend that once cost is not an issue and you are willing to abide by a proper maintenance schedule with your detailer, try a coating and you will not regret the experience.
To the basic car owner, use a sealant and weekly sealant spray and you will be fully protected also...

If looking for a variety of choices, I know Karim offers the Modesta which is high end and Tech Motive have the Gyeon another reputable brand.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”