Banks Vex about new corporate tax

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Banks Vex about new corporate tax

Postby RedVEVO » October 4th, 2017, 5:54 am

http://newsday.co.tt/2017/10/03/batt-ba ... t-sighted/

“The fact that the commercial banking sector was singled out for this unique corporate tax rate is concerning,” .. BATT

Banks have been indiscriminately increasing charges on TT customers but now THEY vex :D :D

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Banks Vex

Postby toyolink » October 4th, 2017, 9:06 am

This will be settled on the golf course one way or the other.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 4th, 2017, 9:47 am

Those banks could go suck monkey man's balls. When RBLs ceo having his usual Christmas cocktails for hnwc in his RBL provided house in St Clair he could ponder that 35% tax rate.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 4th, 2017, 9:53 am

LOL @ vex.

ROFL @ "discuss the matter further" with Colm.

No way they're paying that. Profits haffi make, shareholders haffi pay, customers haffi rape.

Increased fees in allyuh arse. Wait for it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 4th, 2017, 9:54 am

forget that talk about charges. That's nothing compared to what they actually do to their customers wrt interest charged on loans vs interest paid on deposits.

I say it's about time, & the CBTT has to properly regulate & monitor these bastards, cuz they gonna send interest rates on loans thru the roof to maintain their margins. They won't go for it all at once, but over the course of 2-3 years your 14% P.A. loan interest rate will climb to anywhere between 18%-24% P.A.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 4th, 2017, 9:55 am

They not really vex, u feel they will move any differently from the maxi men and taxi men?

They get an excuse to raise fees.

They already pull in hundreds of millions in profit

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 4th, 2017, 9:56 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Those banks could go suck monkey man's balls. When RBLs ceo having his usual Christmas cocktails for hnwc in his RBL provided house in St Clair he could ponder that 35% tax rate.

well thanks :?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 4th, 2017, 9:58 am

sMASH wrote:They not really vex, u feel they will move any differently from the maxi men and taxi men?

They get an excuse to raise fees.

They already pull in hundreds of millions in profit

That will also increase their taxes payable

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 4th, 2017, 10:01 am

As long as their net profit is satisfactory, the gross profit could reach the sky.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2017, 11:29 am

loan rates going up

them eh taking no cutbacks

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 4th, 2017, 11:37 am

sMASH wrote:As long as their net profit is satisfactory, the gross profit could reach the sky.

more like reach the moon, stop to fuel & keep going

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » October 4th, 2017, 11:42 am

dey loans rate cud go up. remember some wey in here ah man was building he house by heself?

well heself to heself, ee saving money and when he lorse ee wuk he eh ha no installment to pay an de 30 years it go tek to pay back wid insrance etc he go buil it in 5 orh 6 years.

remember money is a necessari evil, banks on de other han has appointed demselves as de absolutely necessari evil ............

as de man say, so long soccers an ah doh think ee was talkin bout plantain or silk fig.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 4th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Monkey Man wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Those banks could go suck monkey man's balls. When RBLs ceo having his usual Christmas cocktails for hnwc in his RBL provided house in St Clair he could ponder that 35% tax rate.

well thanks :?

Sometimes life @ Tuner is too graphic ..

* throw away lunch *

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 5th, 2017, 2:19 am

^^^

anybody ever see " statement delivery charge " on their credit card bill ..

$4.50 :shock: :shock:

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » October 5th, 2017, 4:17 am

^ Which bank is that? I know RBC wanted to charge me fees for mails.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 5th, 2017, 6:16 am

Effectively this is a form of Indirect Taxation upon the population.

Having a bank account these days is practically a necessity and with all the red tape involved in setting up new accounts both Government and Bankers know that customers can't easily take their business elsewhere. So it would be very easy to pass that expense onto the consumer secure in the knowledge there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. All the banks would have to do is play the victim card to keep up appearances...exactly what's going on now.
Last edited by hydroep on October 5th, 2017, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 5th, 2017, 6:17 am

RBC tell me I would have to pay them iirc around $140.00+/- a year to pick up my statements at my home branch. So they expect me, to pay them, for me to pick up something they supposed to deliver in a timely manner. All because I get fedup of getting my January statement in April, never get February, March in August, etc

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 5th, 2017, 6:35 am

hydroep wrote:Effectively this is a form of Indirect Taxation upon the population.

Having a bank account these days is practically a necessity and with all the red tape involved in setting up new accounts both Government and Bankers know that customers can't easily take their business elsewhere. So it would be very easy to pass that expense onto the consumer secure in the knowledge there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. All the banks would have to do is play the victim card to keep up appearances...exactly what's going on now.

Nah !

You can go to a Credit Union ..

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 5th, 2017, 6:36 am

shaneelal wrote:^ Which bank is that? I know RBC wanted to charge me fees for mails.

RBC ..

But if you sign up for online banking the fee is waived ..

Then Hackers take all your money .. :oops: :oops:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 5th, 2017, 7:23 am

hydroep wrote:Effectively this is a form of Indirect Taxation upon the population.

That's one way to look at it. But the customer always has options. For example, yours truly started keeping my cash assets home, conduct most of my transactions in cash (even some of the big ones) & I don't borrow unless it absolutely positively 150% cannot be avoided. My bank charges fees for the year have effectively dropped down from almost $1000 to about $150.00/yr. All because the few accounts I keep in the bank don't receive any charges, & one only has a charge past a certain number of withdrawals from the account.
Is keeping cash riskier than swiping your card? I honestly don't find so, but thats just me. Using cash is riskiest if you can't keep your business to yourself or you like to show off, or both.

Ppl have options, but its for each person to find what options work out best for the individual.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 5th, 2017, 7:35 am

88sins wrote:

That's one way to look at it. But the customer always has options. For example, yours truly started keeping my cash assets home, conduct most of my transactions in cash (even some of the big ones) & I don't borrow unless it absolutely positively 150% cannot be avoided. My bank charges fees for the year have effectively dropped down from almost $1000 to about $150.00/yr. All because the few accounts I keep in the bank don't receive any charges, & one only has a charge past a certain number of withdrawals from the account.
Is keeping cash riskier than swiping your card? I honestly don't find so, but thats just me. Using cash is riskiest if you can't keep your business to yourself or you like to show off, or both.

Ppl have options, but its for each person to find what options work out best for the individual.

Orr horr ..

So you like the " Bank of Mattress " ..

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 5th, 2017, 7:37 am

allyuh know the saying "Monkey know what cash pan to use."

that applies here

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » October 5th, 2017, 8:55 am

88sins wrote:

been telling my wife to start doing this for the longest while now.....leave money at home in a safe.... them bank fees are the worst! they charge u for everything... ... if yuh wah a statement from the bank, yuh hadda pay money....$5 - $10 a page! wdmc!!!!!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 5th, 2017, 9:16 am

but with so much robbery these days you better have that cash well hidden at home

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 5th, 2017, 9:21 am

^^Or shop around for banks (your navel string not in deposit with any one particular bank)
With my current FCB Savings account the only fees I pay are those when I use my bank card and its like 60c per transaction. So on Average I spend $1.20 per month (about $15 for the year). Even the miserly interest rates I receive more than compensates for that.

My secondary account is with Scotia. Once I drop below 5k in deposit they charge $10/month in fees however once the 5k deposit is maintained its practically fee less.

Even with credit cards, Scotia keeps pestering me to take one with them however their annual fees range from $400 - $600 per annum. FCB's is $145 so that's the one I have.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 5th, 2017, 9:34 am

Well wit he the deposit rates at 1
Prime around 8.....
A 700 basis point spread....is easy money.
And with loan volume increasing annually as are deposit volume....it means the banks are making enough to absorb this tax without passing on the cost.
Fact is that the lack of competition and the tolerance of the Banking cartel enables them to charge what they want.

Tax them again....they eh going nowhere

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 5th, 2017, 9:38 am

Rbc is the worst when it comes to statements delivered on time and every time you question them they say is ttpost not them.

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » October 5th, 2017, 11:56 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:loan rates going up

them eh taking no cutbacks

this!

who ever glad the banks getting taxes must be stupid as hell.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 5th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Best keep your money home

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 5th, 2017, 1:48 pm

SR wrote:Rbc is the worst when it comes to statements delivered on time and every time you question them they say is ttpost not them.

ask them to stop sending paper statements and use online banking instead

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”