Mc tropical island.... Lumar air blue ceramic for everything home here yes

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Law and Tinted Vehicles

Postby rollingstock » March 3rd, 2021, 3:11 pm

zoom rader wrote:
matix wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
matix wrote:Do you get a receipt stating if your tint is legal or not from the testing places?

Nope

This system is so flawed.
Nope

Just don't put tint on your car

My motorbikes don't have any tints

My helmet is shaded so Lil boy police like RS and Market police eliteauto can't see me .

Your racist c.unt is of no interest to me.
Next time I'm in the ville I'll rip out those nice shaded helmet and slap yuh dotish mc.

Zalos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Zalos » March 3rd, 2021, 3:21 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Curtains

So I cant put a rag on the glass for when the sun blazing? What about using the sun visor to the side?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 3rd, 2021, 3:43 pm

Zalos wrote:
2WNBoost wrote:Curtains

So I cant put a rag on the glass for when the sun blazing? What about using the sun visor to the side?

so y someone have to look in MY car? i spend over $100000.00 for MY car and i must let someone watch inside ? man i going to court for that, i am entitled to protect my property so fcuk away with whoever want to see inside my vehicle.IT IS MY vehicle, i dont get tax right of in tune of hundreds of thousands of $$$ i pay full price so who ever want to watch inside can do so with a warrant, of give me vat and motor vehicle tax right off so they can say they help me buy it. they can impound it whatever i will go to court but they not seeing inside my property without a warrant. them is the biggest teif.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » March 3rd, 2021, 3:48 pm

Illegal tint falls under "contrary to registration" under the mv&rt act. You gonna lose cause your private property is on a public road. So go ahead and act dotish. The transport commissioner can cancel your registration.

So now you and your private property could stay on your private property for as long as you like once it doesn't go in the public road.

I can't wait for the TC to drop that on somebody daring.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 3rd, 2021, 3:51 pm

Question: why isn't this dealt with by inspection garages. They check lights, mirrors, windscreen etc. before you are "passed".
They give you a sticker/certificate stating that the vehicle is inspected until a particular "date".

Let's say if the tint is too dark, the vehicle doesn't pass inspection.
Last edited by kamakazi on March 3rd, 2021, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 3rd, 2021, 3:52 pm

Good thing for exemptions yes

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 3rd, 2021, 5:14 pm

Well that will happen from next month
They gonna enforce tint and as a criteria for passing inspection
kamakazi wrote:Question: why isn't this dealt with by inspection garages. They check lights, mirrors, windscreen etc. before you are "passed".
They give you a sticker/certificate stating that the vehicle is inspected until a particular "date".

Let's say if the tint is too dark, the vehicle doesn't pass inspection.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 3rd, 2021, 5:30 pm

rollingstock wrote:Illegal tint falls under "contrary to registration" under the mv&rt act. You gonna lose cause your private property is on a public road. So go ahead and act dotish. The transport commissioner can cancel your registration.

So now you and your private property could stay on your private property for as long as you like once it doesn't go in the public road.

I can't wait for the TC to drop that on somebody daring.

it have enough pot to bubble an look inside, enough empty rum bottle to look down to see if it have more rum inside.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 3rd, 2021, 6:41 pm

checked out gastly369 and got mines tested, my 20 percent tint showing alot darker. stripped all this evening. Looking forward to monday morning oroupouche roadblock. I saw 95 percent of vehicles on the road as normal. wait and see. they coming out harrrrrrrd.

pro tip, use a heatgun when removing the tint it helps alot with old glue, i did 4 glasses with the heatgun and the last one i used without, alot more glue to scrape.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » March 3rd, 2021, 7:58 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:checked out gastly369 and got mines tested, my 20 percent tint showing alot darker. stripped all this evening. Looking forward to monday morning oroupouche roadblock. I saw 95 percent of vehicles on the road as normal. wait and see. they coming out harrrrrrrd.

pro tip, use a heatgun when removing the tint it helps alot with old glue, i did 4 glasses with the heatgun and the last one i used without, alot more glue to scrape.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 3rd, 2021, 8:10 pm

it seems most meters err on a few percent too dark from all who i know got tested

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 3rd, 2021, 9:24 pm

pugboy wrote:it seems most meters err on a few percent too dark from all who i know got tested
Visible Light Transmittance (VLT) describes the percentage of visible light (approximately 390 to 780 nanometers within the solar spectrum) transmitted through the glass. It is determined by the glass color and thickness. Clear float glass has 75% to 92% VLT; colored glass has 14% to 85% VLT.

Not much people take into consideration the glass alongside the tint

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 4th, 2021, 12:09 am

Can I take you up on this offer any time this weekend...I need the door glass checked on my Civic
gastly369 wrote:Testing for free located fyzabad side
gastly369 wrote:Hopefully it's in hand next week.. Skybox sticking tint_meter_inspector_tm200_1554542395_4e19e4c6_progressive.jpeg

Price and location? Tuner discount when yuh call yuh tuner name...exits ched :angel:

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 4th, 2021, 7:25 am

some legislation may be coming that all "T" registered vehicles may have to have ALL their tint removed.. things getting interesting ...

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 4th, 2021, 7:54 am

I am considering stripping. Waiting to see if they extend the process to the end of March first. The TTPS were supposed to have the devices in hand, and should've set up testing areas for the general public without the fear of action. What a lot of ppl don't realize is, if your vehicle was tinted by the firm when you bought it, it's probably not within the legal limits. At least the front side glasses. My guess is they are definitely going to target certain vehicles initially, and can now use the machines to verify if the tint is within legal limits. With all the roadblocks set up recently, if they jow have the tint meters, a lot of road users are going to get the shaft.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 4th, 2021, 8:19 am

Steamer to get the tint off. Simple Green Crystal and a microfiber cloth to remove any glue remaining ImageImage

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 4th, 2021, 8:27 am

How well that simple green work?
I have a lil end of crystal here, i could use that
MG Man wrote:Steamer to get the tint off. Simple Green Crystal and a microfiber cloth to remove any glue remaining ImageImage

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 4th, 2021, 8:30 am

snypaz wrote:I am considering stripping. Waiting to see if they extend the process to the end of March first. The TTPS were supposed to have the devices in hand, and should've set up testing areas for the general public without the fear of action. What a lot of ppl don't realize is, if your vehicle was tinted by the firm when you bought it, it's probably not within the legal limits. At least the front side glasses. My guess is they are definitely going to target certain vehicles initially, and can now use the machines to verify if the tint is within legal limits. With all the roadblocks set up recently, if they jow have the tint meters, a lot of road users are going to get the shaft.

they did
There were several stops where you could voluntarily have your tint tested. Unfortunately they were few and far between

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 4th, 2021, 8:31 am

Correct most vehicles would have been delivered with 35% tint
Which when checked with the glass ending up in the 20s percentile

I doing this for now, just the 2 front glass.

The budget aint saying thing for a full tint-over yet
snypaz wrote:I am considering stripping. Waiting to see if they extend the process to the end of March first. The TTPS were supposed to have the devices in hand, and should've set up testing areas for the general public without the fear of action. What a lot of ppl don't realize is, if your vehicle was tinted by the firm when you bought it, it's probably not within the legal limits. At least the front side glasses. My guess is they are definitely going to target certain vehicles initially, and can now use the machines to verify if the tint is within legal limits. With all the roadblocks set up recently, if they jow have the tint meters, a lot of road users are going to get the shaft.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » March 4th, 2021, 10:14 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Correct most vehicles would have been delivered with 35% tint

Doing the same for now

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 4th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Idk if a concern or not..but what about sunroof/moonroof etc?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 4th, 2021, 1:31 pm

aaron17 wrote:Idk if a concern or not..but what about sunroof/moonroof etc?

not a concern

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 4th, 2021, 1:32 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Correct most vehicles would have been delivered with 35% tint

Which dealer?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 4th, 2021, 1:58 pm

Tested the tint on the Evo yesterday

Front windshield
IMG_3853.jpg

Front door glass
IMG_3854.jpg

Back door glass
IMG_3856.jpg

Rear windshield
IMG_3857.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2021, 2:21 pm

some bess figures there, yuh bribe de meter owah...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 4th, 2021, 2:30 pm

sMASH wrote:some bess figures there, yuh bribe de meter owah...

lol
and that's the same type of meter used by the Police

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2021, 2:44 pm

duane *marked safe from TTRA Road Traffic Branch*

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 4th, 2021, 2:47 pm

gastly369 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Now went and check my moms van, the thing practically clear, meter reading 28%
So i hadda do over the 2 front now....

Steups
MC oppressive government

This tint thing gonna cause some bachannal when it rolls out. People are getting different readings from different meters!!! For eg, I tested a 20% glass in piarco(read 17%). Tested the same glass in Grande(read 12%).

But MOWT telling you to go by reputable tint shops and get it tested. From the get go I said the roll out process is pure BS!!!!!
What meter they used? Those Chinese probe ones are way off..

Either tint check pro(which the gov will be using) or laser labs reputable would be good readings
IMG_20210220_170536.jpeg

whats the directions to ur place and cost to do over a wagon? y12

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”