Forums

The Law and Tinted Vehicles

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Law and Tinted Vehicles

Postby eliteauto » December 20th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Stock privacy glass is 20% which is fine under the new laws, if you think your UV treated front passenger doors have a tint to them just use a higher grade than 35%.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » December 21st, 2020, 7:57 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
MG Man wrote:I curious about cars that are sold with OEM 'black-out' glass. Lots of those euros have pitch black rear back glass; actual tinted glass, not clear with film that can be pulled off....would be interesting to see how those are handled

Would eventually be treated the same as cars with OEM fog lights, you would have a certificate stating that your privacy glass is OEM. Some cars also have window curtains from the factory and this would be treated the same way.

car was bought almost 7 years ago....will be interesting to see if they will issue something now

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 21st, 2020, 11:47 am

Popo and Tints,

Dem always harassing Injuns

https://youtu.be/NYBcvGMmdJ4

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 21st, 2020, 12:29 pm

Tint is the only ting the policescops could ketch, that's why.Serious crimes? eh eh

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 28th, 2020, 8:25 am

Can a tint shop cut the extra width of the installed windscreen strip if it is wider than the 6" or would it have to be removed and replaced?

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » January 6th, 2021, 11:31 am

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 6th, 2021, 11:35 am

in this moratorium period, u should be able to go in and verify ur tint with their meters. or, certify the testing stations have the same calibration as the ones they will be using to issue ur tickets.

they say 'check ur tint'
i am like 'how, and where?'

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 6th, 2021, 12:41 pm

sMASH wrote:in this moratorium period, u should be able to go in and verify ur tint with their meters. or, certify the testing stations have the same calibration as the ones they will be using to issue ur tickets.

they say 'check ur tint'

Maybe licensing office or traffic branch?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 6th, 2021, 2:02 pm

N. Gopie and them have a meter
sMASH wrote:in this moratorium period, u should be able to go in and verify ur tint with their meters. or, certify the testing stations have the same calibration as the ones they will be using to issue ur tickets.

they say 'check ur tint'

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 6th, 2021, 2:16 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:N. Gopie and them have a meter

they say 'check ur tint'

Is it calibrated ?are they giving you a document ?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 6th, 2021, 3:53 pm

rebound wrote:
j.o.e wrote:The most important question is how rigid they will be. Standard new car glass is UV treated which can register as a light tint (let’s say 97% for argument sake ) when you apply a 35% tint the meter is not going to read 35% but darker ....... will this be a problem ?
Exactly. Thats why tint shops should at least do a test on the actual vehicle... my Legacy had stock privacy glass in the rear windows (that was rather dark) and UV protection in the front doors and windscreen.

the law allows if the car came with tinted glass. but what if u changed the windscreen due to cracks and the new one is tinted or treated? would that count as stock? i.e. the tint wasn't added but is built into the glass, just not the car.
Last edited by redmanjp on January 6th, 2021, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 6th, 2021, 4:33 pm

What about dem "unmarked ' police cars with pitch black tint right through including front glass?
I saw one breeze though a tint removal exercise on the entrance to North coast road this weekend.Mind you , he was behind 2 young fellas that got pulled over for their back glass which appeared to be 20 %. I coulda see straight through both cars from the back.Moratorium or not , these fellas both had to strip off their tint. I patiently await the day when private citizens can do lawful audits of the police .
Last edited by timelapse on January 6th, 2021, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 6th, 2021, 4:34 pm

timelapse wrote:What about dem "unmarked ' police cars with pitch black tint right through including front glass?

People keep asking about police and security vehicles but realistically it’s for security purposes and no matter how smart people feel by questioning their tint they will get exemptions for government security services

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 6th, 2021, 4:42 pm

Kenjo wrote:
timelapse wrote:What about dem "unmarked ' police cars with pitch black tint right through including front glass?

People keep asking about police and security vehicles but realistically it’s for security purposes and no matter how smart people feel by questioning their tint they will get exemptions for government security services

Like transporting their Spanish females to the police station for 'consultations'?
Or making money seized from alleged criminals disappear?

They on level sheit.
Tint the official vehicle with the blue lights on top, not a problem.
Once I see dark tint all over a front glass I know is police.Unmarked my foot.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 6th, 2021, 5:19 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Image

Just as i asked a few pages ago...how and where the mc we going to check these things???

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 6th, 2021, 6:54 pm

Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

this is not a big crisis or injustice. just a rollout/logistics/logics dilemma. they give we chance to sort out something, but no avenue to get it sorted. no biggie, except that the outcome could potentially lead to infractions and thus fines and demerit points.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

The Law and Tinted Vehicles

Postby 2WNBoost » January 6th, 2021, 8:21 pm

Be in The Know!

Keep abreast of the new Motor Vehicle Windscreen and Window Tint Laws of Trinidad and Tobago, by clicking this link http://www.mowt.gov.tt/Divisions/Administrative-Supporting-Units/Legal-Service-Unit/Legal-Notices/Legal-Notice-281-of-2020 On August 03, 2020, the new Regulations came into effect. However, it is not currently enforced by law enforcement officers. As such, effective December 07, 2020, a three (3) month moratorium was granted to allow citizens sufficient time to ensure that their motor vehicle is in accordance with the new Regulations.
Learn more by clicking this link, http://www.mowt.gov.tt/Divisions/Transport-Division/Media-Releases/The-MOWT-Introduces-a-Three-Month-Moratorium-on-th

Stay connected with the Ministry of Works and Transport's website and social media platforms for updates on the new Motor Vehicle Windscreen and Window Tint Laws Educational Campaign

IMG_0476.JPG

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » January 7th, 2021, 9:25 am

I see alot of hyundai cars with bubble tints which means they are failing on the rear back glass. Is that because of the dealer?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 7th, 2021, 10:01 am

aaron17 wrote:I see alot of hyundai cars with bubble tints which means they are failing on the rear back glass. Is that because of the dealer?

Noticed that too, also with Toyotas, that's why I passed on the dealership offers to tint my vehicles when purchasing, seems they use a cheap tint that lasts about 3 years

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 7th, 2021, 10:13 am

eliteauto wrote:
aaron17 wrote:I see alot of hyundai cars with bubble tints which means they are failing on the rear back glass. Is that because of the dealer?

Noticed that too, also with Toyotas, that's why I passed on the dealership offers to tint my vehicles when purchasing, seems they use a cheap tint that lasts about 3 years

Bubbles on rear windshield may be specifically from use of the rear defroster.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 7th, 2021, 10:34 am

^^ CY Lancers from the firm as well....

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 7th, 2021, 10:34 pm

Me eh know, i see they post up on FB they have a meter

But big man ting

Allyuh men really studing if it calibrate?
What is yuh plan? To put a tint at exact 32% and look to make bacchanal with the police?
Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 7th, 2021, 10:35 pm

There is exemption for national security vehilcles
I saw one breeze though a tint removal exercise on the entrance to North coast road this weekend.Mind you , he was behind 2 young fellas that got pulled over for their back glass which appeared to be 20 %. I coulda see straight through both cars from the back.Moratorium or not , these fellas both had to strip off their tint. I patiently await the day when private citizens can do lawful audits of the police .

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 7th, 2021, 11:44 pm

No scene,
I doubt tint will come in every single percent,
It Wil be in 5's or so.

But if u put 35, and the minor changes from one manufacturer to the next, would the meter detect it as less than 35?

Also, if it isn't calibrated and off, u might get tagged fir 33.

U really want to put 40% tint just to be safe from the error due to the device?
*KRONIK* wrote:Me eh know, i see they post up on FB they have a meter

But big man ting

What is yuh plan? To put a tint at exact 32% and look to make bacchanal with the police?
Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 8th, 2021, 1:08 am

sMASH wrote:No scene,
It Wil be in 5's or so.

But if u put 35, and the minor changes from one manufacturer to the next, would the meter detect it as less than 35?

But big man ting

Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

Legislation I saw had a room for error of 3% i believe.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 8th, 2021, 5:50 am

They actually said it here. Meters are to be approved by the authority. Which tint shops have approved meters??? Jackarse govt....jackarse laws
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-01-07-07-52-51.png

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 8th, 2021, 6:09 am

It Wil be in 5's or so.

But big man ting

Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

Almost every vehicle manufactured uses a factory tint with a transmissibility of about 80% to 85% -- not 100%. You will be adding a window tint and lowering that number. If you use a VLT40 film you will likely get a reading of VLT32 to VLT34 and miss the regulation on both.

You will likely need VLT45 film (VLT38 and VLT36 results) to barely meet regulations and VLT50 film (VLT42 and VLT40 results) for any margin of error. Of course, YYMV.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 8th, 2021, 7:11 am

Correct, VLT of the glass itself needs to be taken into account.

Also, some y'all need to pat down.
for years we have have been oppressed with discretionary interpretation of the tint laws. they actually fix that by setting VLT limits and using meters to remove the possibility of human error/spite/badmind/jelousy.
If yuh cant get the transport commissioner to give yuh an exemption, put he legal correct tint and stop fretting.

adnj wrote:
It Wil be in 5's or so.

But big man ting

Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

Almost every vehicle manufactured uses a factory tint with a transmissibility of about 80% to 85% -- not 100%. You will be adding a window tint and lowering that number. If you use a VLT40 film you will likely get a reading of VLT32 to VLT34 and miss the regulation on both.

You will likely need VLT45 film (VLT38 and VLT36 results) to barely meet regulations and VLT50 film (VLT42 and VLT40 results) for any margin of error. Of course, YYMV.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 8th, 2021, 7:13 am

Protint is bringing in a shipment of tint soon which when applied to regular car glass will yield an end result of 35% and 20% respectively.

It Wil be in 5's or so.

But big man ting

Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 8th, 2021, 7:16 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Correct, VLT of the glass itself needs to be taken into account.

Also, some y'all need to pat down.
for years we have have been oppressed with discretionary interpretation of the tint laws. they actually fix that by setting VLT limits and using meters to remove the possibility of human error/spite/badmind/jelousy.
If yuh cant get the transport commissioner to give yuh an exemption, put he legal correct tint and stop fretting.

adnj wrote:
It Wil be in 5's or so.

But big man ting

Kenjo wrote:

they say 'check ur tint'

Yup men said it was subjective and they wanted objective , now they complaining . Calibration for anyone who does measurements etc is very important .if the grocery has a weighing machine that isn’t calibrated will you want short change on your vegetables ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”