Postby cryotec » August 28th, 2017, 3:04 pm

400 for a lil data and talk bai? no ty

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Re: Bmobile Unlimited Data Plan

Postby Coppershot » August 28th, 2017, 3:36 pm

10-01 wrote:
joker wrote:I use digi ....the $189 package
The data is shitty 1G and unlimited digi to digi talk and text and 100 mins .....so i call digi mostly and have those who on B mobile call my b mobile ..

i aint able with that 2 phone thing na .... :oops:

List of top 70 most popular phones that are dual sim from 2016 upwards. Note (some do not have a dedicated sdcard slot). I didn't refine search for phone size. You can change search parameters under refine search for more specific phones/brands.

http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&sNumberSIMs=1
A: 1 sim + 1 sd card (in 2nd sim slot)
or
B: 1 sim + 1 sim (no sd card slot)
or
C: 1 sim + 1 sim + dedicated sd slot. (All my phones in last 10 yrs are dual sim with dedicated sdslot like Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082).

This allows me to switch 4g data plans with different providers when their pricing gets out of hand.
The only issue is you have to buy them unlocked. I bought all in trinidad except last one which i brought on amazon.
Last edited by Coppershot on August 28th, 2017, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » August 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm

wazeeee dwual slim phone baiiiii

like iss 2007 again

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » August 28th, 2017, 3:46 pm

most ppl don't realize dual sim phones available from the big brands (not limited just to Chinese phones).
I switched data plans with providers, same phone, same two numbers.

Digicel doing same thing, removing cheaper plans and forcing you to upgrade to more costly plan (prepaid). I used to pay $149.99, now im paying $179.99 for 3gb. Mind you unlimited home broadband around $200.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » August 28th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 28th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Coppershot wrote:most ppl don't realize dual sim phones available from the big brands (not limited just to Chinese phones).

Digicel doing same thing, removing cheaper plans and forcing you to upgrade to more costly plan (prepaid). I used to pay $149.99, now im paying $179.99 for 3gb. Mind you unlimited home broadband around $200.

I thought competition was supposed to drive prices down. Seems fishy how both companies are increasing prices at the same time by using the same strategy.

I wish I had Wi-Fi in work :( Oh well.... I guess I'll start talking to people face to face again.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » August 28th, 2017, 4:52 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:I thought competition was supposed to drive prices down. Seems fishy how both companies are increasing prices at the same time by using the same strategy.

Exactly! What happened to competitive pricing?
Anyone know if FLOW/C&W going to offer mobile phone services locally once they've sold their shares in TSTT?

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » August 28th, 2017, 5:57 pm

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 28th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Btw, I not saying it's a bad deal. The unlimited plan looks good. The problem is the fact that they remove all cheaper options to force you into paying more money if you want data.

The thing is, all the infrastructure to provide you with mobile data is already in place. It won't cost bmobile any extra to provide you with 20GB of data vs 2GB of data. So all they need to do to raise profits is make you spend more which is what they seem to be trying to force consumers to do by removing all lower tier packages.

A few months ago bmobile had options for 2GB/month and 5GB/month for $150 and $200 respectively. I don't see why they can't just leave those options there when the add on the 20GB for $400/ month.

Anyway... looks like I saving some money next month.

I just hope that others do the same otherwise I'm sure bmobile will leave this "special" to run indefinitely if they realise higher profits at our expense.

It is precisely about maximizing profits and trying to increase the number of users. The higher prices are to try to pay for infrastructure improvements and to be able to lower prices later and make it look like there is a"sale" going on.

The average smartphone user consumes about 2 to 3 mb of data each month. Take away those plans and you drive consumers up the pricing ladder. If the number of users decreases because of rising costs, you will see downward pressure on the prices.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 28th, 2017, 10:06 pm

Les Bain wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:people need to ask themselves do I really need data . Is it worth it to spend the money or could i wait till i get home or a place which have complimentary wifi. 150 dollars each month is 16 cold beers being wasted each month.

I ride a $50 prepaid topup for the month, and the office cool enough to allow staff to use the wifi network, which I use for whatsapp texts and voice notes.

Successfully tried to wean myself off mobile internet/social media. Now I have an iphone that gets charged every 2 days.

Yeah i am the same . I do not need data on my phone. If its important they can call. I even told my bosses this when they asked if i did not receive an email,

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 28th, 2017, 10:13 pm

^^^
Both companies always changing cost per call.

Better to get unlimited.

joker
Shifting into 6th

Postby joker » August 29th, 2017, 12:10 am

Coppershot wrote:
10-01 wrote:
The data is shitty 1G and unlimited digi to digi talk and text and 100 mins .....so i call digi mostly and have those who on B mobile call my b mobile ..

List of top 70 most popular phones that are dual sim from 2016 upwards. Note (some do not have a dedicated sdcard slot). I didn't refine search for phone size. You can change search parameters under refine search for more specific phones/brands.

or
or
C: 1 sim + 1 sim + dedicated sd slot. (All my phones in last 10 yrs are dual sim with dedicated sdslot like Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082).

This allows me to switch 4g data plans with different providers when their pricing gets out of hand.
The only issue is you have to buy them unlocked. I bought all in trinidad except last one which i brought on amazon.
I have dual sim phones ...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 29th, 2017, 12:34 am

Questions put to bmobile regarding the public response to the Fair Use Policy as it is applied to the recently announced Unlimited plans for voice and mobile data:

http://technewstt.com/bmobile-on-unlimited-plans/

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 29th, 2017, 8:38 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Questions put to bmobile regarding the public response to the Fair Use Policy as it is applied to the recently announced Unlimited plans for voice and mobile data:

This looks like it was paid for by bmobile. Thereal question is "if the average data usage is 1.5GB/month why is the minimum data plan for 20GB/month?"

This is clearly a cash grab as well as market research. They want to know if they will make more money by letting fewer customers pay more or by more customers paying less.

Anyway, they not getting my money this month.

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Bmobile Unlimited Data Plan

Postby WarrLordd » August 29th, 2017, 10:36 am

I understand they don't have a major population like the United States where customers abroad pay just $40 a month for unlimited data and free calls to any number, but these same pest of providers we have locally I'm pretty sure if a company decides to open business locally they would bend and go to court and spend millions yet give us these garbage packages. I myself stopped using data plans when I notice they continue to change almost every five months with Digicel I rather use their home wifi service at-least I still paying one bill

Ps: I blocked their random calls as well they kept calling daily with promotions was kinda sickening

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 29th, 2017, 10:38 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Questions put to bmobile regarding the public response to the Fair Use Policy as it is applied to the recently announced Unlimited plans for voice and mobile data:

If the average use is 1.5gigs then offer packages around that thresh hold godammit!!!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 29th, 2017, 10:51 am

Coppershot wrote:most ppl don't realize dual sim phones available from the big brands (not limited just to Chinese phones).

everybody except iphone have dual sim phones now

samsung,lg,htc,huawei etc

samsung A line phones are nice

even the J line that starting at around $700 are pretty good dual sim phones

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 29th, 2017, 1:20 pm

WarrLordd wrote:I understand they don't have a major population like the United States where customers abroad pay just $40 a month for unlimited data...

Prices for unlimited data plans in the US are about $60 to $75 per month and include data throttling at around 23gb of data use.

Nearly ten years ago, Sprint US introduced the "Simply Everything" plan for $99 per month. People jumped on it and the network was slower than what is in Trinidad today.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-phone-plans,review-2953-3.html

Digicel reintroduced the 3gb per month plan for $180 recently.

ary1
Street 2NR

Postby ary1 » August 29th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Bmobile also has 2 post paid options with limited data that are priced less than the current unlimited prepaid promotion.

http://bmobile.co.tt/shop/plans/everything-plans/

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 29th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

If the average use is 1.5gigs then offer packages around that thresh hold godammit!!!

TSTT is basically Gov't owned.

Gov't controlled like in North Korea but with NEL Shareholders :roll:

So they will manipulate that price to extort you :D

Again it's PNM Gov't working against you or for you :lol:

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » August 29th, 2017, 1:31 pm

adnj wrote:
WarrLordd wrote:I understand they don't have a major population like the United States where customers abroad pay just $40 a month for unlimited data...

Prices for unlimited data plans in the US are about $60 to $75 per month and include data throttling at around 23gb of data use.

Nearly ten years ago, Sprint US introduced the "Simply Everything" plan for $99 per month. People jumped on it and the network was slower than what is in Trinidad today.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-phone-plans,review-2953-3.html

Digicel reintroduced the 3gb per month plan for $180 recently.

My wife used simple mobile and metro pcs didn't chase large carries even simple mobile had a plan for around $70 for unlimited calls us and data plus to one number international. Simple mobile $40 plan was doing justice tbh and recently subways in the nyc area now has signal data.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 29th, 2017, 1:39 pm

bMobile wrote:The policy further states that streaming services for video, gaming and audio will be “structured” at 512kbps.

So they basically plan to throttle all video, gaming and audio services to 512kbps

For comparison, a "high quality" mp3 on YouTube is 192kbps

Also see the link below for video bitrates on youtube
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/241 ... p-1080p-in

512kbps is the minimum required for 480p video

Lastly, 4G supposed to guarantee 100Mb/s speed while moving at high speed (in trains or cars) and 1Gb/s while stationary according to wikipedia. Their 4G not even meeting the standards for 3G.

TLDR
bmobile wants to throttle their "4G" network to a quarter the speed of a regular 3G network while forcing customers to pay almost three times as much as before just to access it. Steups. No thank you!

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 29th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Coppershot wrote:
10-01 wrote:

or
or

i good with my 1 # i not so important :oops:

and besides i have unlimited everything with bmobile ... as i said b4 ... no nee to switch to get a cheaper rate ..

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 29th, 2017, 1:55 pm

^^^
Yes .

The B Mobile unlimited everything plans are good.

To date no problem. One fixed price .
Talk anytime. Internet OK.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 29th, 2017, 4:54 pm

WarrLordd wrote:
My wife used simple mobile and metro pcs didn't chase large carries even simple mobile had a plan for around $70 for unlimited calls us and data plus to one number international. Simple mobile $40 plan was doing justice tbh and recently subways in the nyc area now has signal data.

There's nothing wrong with Cricket or MetroPCS or any of the other prepaid service providers... until you travel outside of a Metropolitan area. I was one of Sprint's first subscribers and switched to AT&T because of the improved coverage and service. That was almost 10 years ago. I still have AT&T and the prices have been dropping, in general.

It's easy to look at US$40 and believe that you're getting a deal but tack on the state and federal taxes and you see the real picture:
- In New York, you add about 25% to the bill in taxes so $40 just became $50 or about TT$340 for the service.
- Make one international call and get billed at more than TT$7 per minute.

Some of the pre-paid plans available in Trinidad are a deal in comparison. Many people in the US can't even sign a cellular contract with the major carriers: they can't pass a credit check.

Whatever is going wrong in Trinidad, it is not necessarily better in the US.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 29th, 2017, 6:42 pm

adnj wrote:
WarrLordd wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Cricket or MetroPCS or any of the other prepaid service providers... until you travel outside of a Metropolitan area. I was one of Sprint's first subscribers and switched to AT&T because of the improved coverage and service. That was almost 10 years ago. I still have AT&T and the prices have been dropping, in general.

It's easy to look at US$40 and believe that you're getting a deal but tack on the state and federal taxes and you see the real picture:
- In New York, you add about 25% to the bill in taxes so $40 just became $50 or about TT$340 for the service.
- Make one international call and get billed at more than TT$7 per minute.

Some of the pre-paid plans available in Trinidad are a deal in comparison. Many people in the US can't even sign a cellular contract with the major carriers: they can't pass a credit check.

Whatever is going wrong in Trinidad, it is not necessarily better in the US.
Does the comparison factor in average wages and exchange rates?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 7th, 2017, 7:58 pm

latest unlimited offer

bmobile.co.tt/category/promotions

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » September 7th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:latest unlimited offer

bmobile.co.tt/category/promotions