Forums

Bmobile Unlimited Data Plan

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 25th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Anybody know what going on with Bmobile lately. I see they have an unlimited data plan for around $400/month after VAT. What ever happen to the $150/month for 2GB that they recently got rid of? Now they have a 3GB plan for $215/ month (when before it was $200/month for 5GB). I see they want to bring a unlimited plan for $350/month +VAT now?

Sorry I just venting. I find it crappy that bmobile removing all the options to coax people into spending more money. That 2GB was good for me. What a sufferer like me sposed to do now.

On a side note, anybody know what kind of data plans digicel have.

On a separate side note, when are we going to be able to switch carriers and keep our same number? I think they promised that years ago. Is it part of vision 20/20 now?

All I know is I not doubling my cell phone bill for something I don't need. Flick dat!
Last edited by Slartibartfast on September 11th, 2019, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Bmobile Unlimited Data Plan

Postby wickedtuna » August 25th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Unlimited plans:

One-day prepaid­­­­­—$20

Seven-day pre-paid—$99

30-day prepaid—$349

Post paid unlimited plan—$349

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 25th, 2017, 4:15 pm

^ slarts, you can do the port over and keep your same number.

Nothing rolls over with bmobile, everything rolls over with digicel...

The port over should take no more than a day.

Get busy

Last edited by MaxPower on August 25th, 2017, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » August 25th, 2017, 4:16 pm

That's bmobile btw ^^

mrpots
Riding on 13's

Postby mrpots » August 25th, 2017, 4:20 pm

If you read bmobile's fair use policy, this "unlimited" is really just 20GB/18000mins if you buy the monthly plan.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 25th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Yessstra

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 25th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Anybody know what going on with Bmobile lately. I see they have an unlimited data plan for around $400/month after VAT. What ever happen to the $150/month for 2GB that they recently got rid of? Now they have a 3GB plan for $215/ month (when before it was $200/month for 5GB). I see they want to bring a unlimited plan for $350/month +VAT now?

Sorry I just venting. I find it crappy that bmobile removing all the options to coax people into spending more money. That 2GB was good for me. What a sufferer like me sposed to do now.

On a separate side note, when are we going to be able to switch carriers and keep our same number? I think they promised that years ago. Is it part of vision 20/20 now?

All I know is I not doubling my cell phone bill for something I don't need. Flick dat!

i pay around $500 a month post paid ( cant remember d plan ) unlimited everything calls / data / text i get 75 mins international also .... if u going spend $400 for data alone why not jus pay the same $500 and get free calls also ?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 25th, 2017, 5:24 pm

Yes that bmobile plan seems pretty good actually , just don't go crazy on using the supposedly faster data plan and you should be good to go

joker
Shifting into 6th

Postby joker » August 25th, 2017, 5:29 pm

I use digi ....the $189 package
The data is shitty 1G and unlimited digi to digi talk and text and 100 mins .....so i call digi mostly and have those who on B mobile call my b mobile ..

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 25th, 2017, 5:32 pm

Kenjo wrote:Yes that bmobile plan seems pretty good actually , just don't go crazy on using the supposedly faster data plan and you should be good to go

speeds are actually good 5 Mbps non LTE area ... i even use data for a mobile hot spot when flow playing up in dey MC

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 25th, 2017, 5:33 pm

joker wrote:I use digi ....the $189 package
The data is shitty 1G and unlimited digi to digi talk and text and 100 mins .....so i call digi mostly and have those who on B mobile call my b mobile ..

i aint able with that 2 phone thing na .... :oops:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 25th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Dual sim...
Got a chinee fone that is allowing duplication of apps. So using it for watsap right now with a digi and a b.

antonio3845
Riding on 13's

Postby antonio3845 » August 25th, 2017, 5:48 pm

No data for me

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 25th, 2017, 5:56 pm

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 25th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Digi new data packages are sheit

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 25th, 2017, 7:43 pm

10-01 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Anybody know what going on with Bmobile lately. I see they have an unlimited data plan for around $400/month after VAT. What ever happen to the $150/month for 2GB that they recently got rid of? Now they have a 3GB plan for $215/ month (when before it was $200/month for 5GB). I see they want to bring a unlimited plan for $350/month +VAT now?

i pay around $500 a month post paid ( cant remember d plan ) unlimited everything calls / data / text i get 75 mins international also .... if u going spend $400 for data alone why not jus pay the same $500 and get free calls also ?
That's my point. I not going to pay that $400. The $150 for 2GB data was enough for me. I don't really talk to anybody on the phone. I too up with a $200 for the month and had enough extra after the data package to make whatever calls. Then they take away that deal and have the $215/month deal with talk included. So that was ok as well. More than I need but still not too bad. But now this $400/month thing just not malong sense for me. That's $800/month between me and the wifey. I rather go back to Wi-Fi hunting and use that money for liming or save it or something.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » August 25th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:On a separate side note, when are we going to be able to switch carriers and keep our same number? I think they promised that years ago. Is it part of vision 20/20 now?

According to http://bmobile.co.tt/number-portability/ and https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/mobi ... ility.html number portability is available. Has anyone taken advantage? I wonder what the experience was like.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 25th, 2017, 9:11 pm

2ndchance wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:On a separate side note, when are we going to be able to switch carriers and keep our same number? I think they promised that years ago. Is it part of vision 20/20 now?

According to http://bmobile.co.tt/number-portability/ and https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/mobi ... ility.html number portability is available. Has anyone taken advantage? I wonder what the experience was like.
Nice! I see this data thing is until September 30th only. If they don't change back to cheaper plans after that then I will either port my number or just forget about data for the time being.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 25th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
10-01 wrote:

That's my point. I not going to pay that $400. The $150 for 2GB data was enough for me. I don't really talk to anybody on the phone. I too up with a $200 for the month and had enough extra after the data package to make whatever calls. Then they take away that deal and have the $215/month deal with talk included. So that was ok as well. More than I need but still not too bad. But now this $400/month thing just not malong sense for me. That's $800/month between me and the wifey. I rather go back to Wi-Fi hunting and use that money for liming or save it or something.

tru ...

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » August 25th, 2017, 9:31 pm

20/20 when data price on a rise in the Caribbean and other third world country doing better than us with real unlimited plans smh.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 26th, 2017, 12:23 am

people need to ask themselves do I really need data . Is it worth it to spend the money or could i wait till i get home or a place which have complimentary wifi. 150 dollars each month is 16 cold beers being wasted each month.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 27th, 2017, 6:23 am

hong kong phooey wrote:people need to ask themselves do I really need data . Is it worth it to spend the money or could i wait till i get home or a place which have complimentary wifi. 150 dollars each month is 16 cold beers being wasted each month.

16 cold beers each month is another 10 pounds next year. ;)

You believe that you need cable TV, a car radio, air conditioning, a wacker, and inside plumbing? Put data and a mobile phone on that list in the near future.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 27th, 2017, 6:54 am

adnj wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:people need to ask themselves do I really need data . Is it worth it to spend the money or could i wait till i get home or a place which have complimentary wifi. 150 dollars each month is 16 cold beers being wasted each month.

16 cold beers each month is another 10 pounds next year. ;) -- no really is only four extra beers every Friday and you work that out easily.

You believe that you need cable TV, - no
a car radio, - yes our traffic is epic and if I driving by yourself it brings me joy. Normally if my child is in the car the radio is off.
air conditioning, - yeah sad to say i get soft no longer can i fall asleep without it. If i am driving alone its normally off unless i am on the highway.

a wacker, - yes a must, actually have 2 of them one with string and one with blade. upgraded the string to the "speed feed" system. Much higher efficiency using wacker over brushing cutlass.
and inside plumbing? - no but it is a convenience , think how the newspapers will headline your death if you going to take a dump in the night and you get killed by bandits.
Put data and a mobile phone on that list in the near future.- data still no, i only surf internet while at work ah home i have real work to do. Mobile phone - yes need to know the boys going for a beer

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 27th, 2017, 7:18 am

I take off data a few yrs now. I only have a$75 plan with bmobile.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 28th, 2017, 10:38 am

Btw, I not saying it's a bad deal. The unlimited plan looks good. The problem is the fact that they remove all cheaper options to force you into paying more money if you want data.

The thing is, all the infrastructure to provide you with mobile data is already in place. It won't cost bmobile any extra to provide you with 20GB of data vs 2GB of data. So all they need to do to raise profits is make you spend more which is what they seem to be trying to force consumers to do by removing all lower tier packages.

A few months ago bmobile had options for 2GB/month and 5GB/month for $150 and $200 respectively. I don't see why they can't just leave those options there when the add on the 20GB for $400/ month.

Anyway... looks like I saving some money next month.

I just hope that others do the same otherwise I'm sure bmobile will leave this "special" to run indefinitely if they realise higher profits at our expense.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » August 28th, 2017, 11:04 am

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 28th, 2017, 11:23 am

I ride a $50 prepaid topup for the month, and the office cool enough to allow staff to use the wifi network, which I use for whatsapp texts and voice notes.

Successfully tried to wean myself off mobile internet/social media. Now I have an iphone that gets charged every 2 days.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » August 28th, 2017, 11:32 am

Digicel made a similar change, where the lower tiered plans get cut off and basically double.
so right not both networks plans kinda comparable pricewise. Haven't compared them as far as content.
I switched to prepaid till they figure themselves out, because digi change their plan so much in the last two years, is like they not sure what they want to do.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 28th, 2017, 11:52 am

This is bulltutu. I have the $215 plan from bmobile and I never use up everything monthly. These price increases are ridiculous.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 28th, 2017, 2:17 pm

B Mobile good.
Unlimited plans good.

Green better than Red :D

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”