The Tobago Ferry Boat thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: The Tobago Ferry Boat Scandal!!! Galleons Passage is here

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2019, 7:27 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
sMASH wrote:. . . but, watching the disembarkation, the cross over is very uneven, they using planks to bridge the gap,no low rider cars can cross that. . .

:| Them low riders are a hindrance on the road. You really want to increase the number of them going to Tobago to keep me back from getting where I am going when I am in Tobago?

the road is a hindrance to stock riders.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » July 19th, 2019, 7:47 am

It seems to be a two tiered entrance...if so, loading and offloading should be faster
sMASH wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
sMASH wrote:Image

boat men, is normal for a ferry ramp to be like that? u hadda go up on the ramp then down into the boat?
should it not be somewhat level with the pier ?

:| I eh defending anything, but wouldn't the ramp have to take into account tidal fluctuations and therefore have some level of adjustment built in, that is, you would not build a perfectly horizontal ramp.

tht is what i wanted a more experienced opinion. but, but , but, watching the disembarkation, the cross over is very uneven, they using planks to bridge the gap,no low rider cars can cross that.

the only thing i can fathom, is that it has a lower level for cars, and that is in line with the pier. so the ramp for the upper level, has to be that high to allow the under level enough room to pass????

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2019, 9:06 am

this thread is starting at 2017.

it is missing anything prior to 2017 with all the stuff about the superfast galicia and the christine sahadeo ting, and hinds and what not.

was it split into separate threads? if so, searches for galacia only really pointing to this thread, which does not start at the galicia tender debacle.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:.....

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: That Boat Scandal!!!

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2019, 9:38 am

The_Honourable wrote:So on the 1st tender to procure a boat, the company who won was A&V Drilling where Galicia came 2nd. Somebody realize A&V didn't have a boat and was disqualified. By default, the next in line was suppose to get the tender... which was the Galicia. Sahadeo board scrap the tender.

On the 2nd tender, Galica won. Sahadeo board scrap the tender and change the specs.

A 3rd tender went out. By this time Rohan reach and a new board was appointed. Galicia get fedup and Bridgeman won that tender.

A 4th tender is out...

hoss, i trying to find the exercpts which detail these, but not finding it.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » July 19th, 2019, 11:09 am

From the vid of it docking, that space that's level with the pier is under the boat.

Vid of the planks in use here:

https://www.facebook.com/mowtgovtt/vide ... 169819278/

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » July 19th, 2019, 1:00 pm

I don't see why they needed them planks of wood- its not like they checked to see if any cars 'grounded' before putting them there and seeing that the sh1t driver that somehow managed to miss them didn't have a problem why do it? anyway hopefully the y figure out what they are doing sooner than later

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 19th, 2019, 3:18 pm

SMc wrote:I don't see why they needed them planks of wood- its not like they checked to see if any cars 'grounded' before putting them there and seeing that the sh1t driver that somehow managed to miss them didn't have a problem why do it? anyway hopefully the y figure out what they are doing sooner than later

This!!
From the vid it doesn't seem that critical to be present.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 19th, 2019, 4:47 pm

if you watch the plank is bridging a v and if the plank is 2” thick and eyeballing the space below the plank
The depth is well around 6”
Most cars will touch

The red ramp slopes up towards the boats and had a short piece sloping down
Somewhat flawed design

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 25th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Which boat on fire in tobago??

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 25th, 2019, 2:03 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Which boat on fire in tobago??

Not the JDLV. Went by the ferry terminal around 1pm to check on something and it was there loading at that time.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 25th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Is there a boat on fire?

Heard nothing about it in the news.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 25th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:Is there a boat on fire?

Heard nothing about it in the news.

Pic I got suggested this...but it was something else and well the usual rumors

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 25th, 2019, 9:04 pm

sMASH wrote:this thread is starting at 2017.

it is missing anything prior to 2017 with all the stuff about the superfast galicia and the christine sahadeo ting, and hinds and what not.

was it split into separate threads? if so, searches for galacia only really pointing to this thread, which does not start at the galicia tender debacle.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:.....

anybody could shed some light?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 25th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Oh gorm, yuh know the PNM does delete what dey doh want we to know.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 25th, 2019, 9:22 pm

sMASH wrote:this thread is starting at 2017.

This?

The_Honourable wrote:
bluefete wrote:Summary:

Hyatt lied about the damage to their foundation caused by the Galicia.

Ferdie giving zero sucks.

Real things coming out so far.

For real.

Christine Sahadeo tried to hide behind "she was only there for 18 months". Her board cancelled Canadian firm Bay Ferries and hired a local company called Magellan Maritime Services Ltd that was only in existence 3 months beforehand. Her logic was to cut costs as Bay Ferries was not doing a good job and being paid in US dollars where locals can do the job for less. Ferdie Ferreira spearheaded the cancelling of Bay Ferries. Sahadeo did not want to say if they did a good job or not but it seems that Magellan was just as bad as Bay Ferries.

Ferdie Ferreira admitted that there were no problems with the Galicia except that where the ship "berths" needs to be dredged due to 20 years of silt. Board and the line minister at the time, Fitzgerald Hinds approved a dutch company to dredge it out... Cabinet reject it because of "no money". The Galicia contract was extended and approved by both the board and the minister... cabinet rejected it. Contract ended up month to month which resulted in the Galicia bussing out as no long term contract was in the works.

The works minister was unceremoniously changed from Hinds to Rohan sometime before. Ferdie got wind of plans to change the board. Sahadeo duck out just before and the board tendered their resignation. Less than 24hrs the lewis board was installed meaning that plan was in the works months before.

Ferdie is a PNM stalwart but i must say he buss some files and put it on record... zero sucks given so who doh like it can suck salt.

Another ched:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=711062&p=9576701

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 2nd, 2019, 1:46 pm

Anyone experience the Galleon's yet?

Also, the JDLV takes vehicles?

I know it posted somewhere, cyar find it.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 2nd, 2019, 5:25 pm

Using the JDLV Republic weekend with my car. I work with a Tobaganian who uses ferries often and he say both nice with the JDLV being very nice inside.

For the time being since they not taking cars on the GP you can only use the lwthe JDLV and Cabo Star but that one is much slower.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 2nd, 2019, 5:43 pm

from what i hear, the JDLV is a good boat, worthy of the trip.
i just want to know, if it makes its capacity regularly. cause its an 800 passenger boat

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 3rd, 2019, 9:20 am

sMASH wrote:from what i hear, the JDLV is a good boat, worthy of the trip.
i just want to know, if it makes its capacity regularly. cause its an 800 passenger boat

TT Spirit's capacity is listed at 765 and the TT Express was 840. JDLV not really that much more signficant that what we had or have.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 20th, 2019, 12:24 pm

And the inquiry is over?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:And the inquiry is over?

yeah, we on wiley these days

2sweet
Street 2NR

Postby 2sweet » February 4th, 2020, 3:53 am

I decided to post a question under this thread rather than starting a new one. I have a Tobago trip scheduled and I need to carry a vehicle. I have not taken the ferry service ever. I am taking one ferry for the departing route and a different ferry for the return. I know the Galleon’s and JDLV are newer vessels to the seabridge, so I am not overly concerned about those. However, I am taking the TT spirit for the departing journey and I read some horrendous reviews regarding the cleanliness. I also read it was refitted sometime in 2018 but I don’t know if this entailed purely mechanical upgrades or if the interior was upgraded. Most people were saying the seats were covered in grime and embedded with vomit. The pics I saw recently showed leather seats though and these reviews were from 3-4 years ago. I am very squirmish and I am wondering if it will be tolerable for me. Can anyone who has been on this ferry recently let me know the condition in terms of cleanliness? I know it is technically public transportation and would be unsanitary to an extent but I don’t think I can tolerate the extreme conditions I have read about. Any input would be appreciated.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » February 4th, 2020, 4:17 am

2sweet wrote:I decided to post a question under this thread rather than starting a new one. I have a Tobago trip scheduled and I need to carry a vehicle. I have not taken the ferry service ever. I am taking one ferry for the departing route and a different ferry for the return. I know the Galleon’s and JDLV are newer vessels to the seabridge, so I am not overly concerned about those. However, I am taking the TT spirit for the departing journey and I read some horrendous reviews regarding the cleanliness. I also read it was refitted sometime in 2018 but I don’t know if this entailed purely mechanical upgrades or if the interior was upgraded. Most people were saying the seats were covered in grime and embedded with vomit. The pics I saw recently showed leather seats though and these reviews were from 3-4 years ago. I am very squirmish and I am wondering if it will be tolerable for me. Can anyone who has been on this ferry recently let me know the condition in terms of cleanliness? I know it is technically public transportation and would be unsanitary to an extent but I don’t think I can tolerate the extreme conditions I have read about. Any input would be appreciated.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » February 4th, 2020, 4:23 am

I used the spirit during the last year and had no issue with it . Once they started loading cars was no issue and quick . I stayed on the balcony for most of the trip only coming inside to buy beers every 20 mins or so . seats inside looked ok to me and the walk from the loading bay to the balcony , bar all looked in acceptable condition.
Toilets was a little smelly as i guess plenty people miss the urinal when peeing or just nasty attitude of some but this was expected and was better than i imagined.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 4th, 2020, 5:54 am

Soooooooo......wah is the word with the two new cutlass boat

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 4th, 2020, 9:25 am

2sweet wrote:I decided to post a question under this thread rather than starting a new one. I have a Tobago trip scheduled and I need to carry a vehicle. I have not taken the ferry service ever. I am taking one ferry for the departing route and a different ferry for the return. I know the Galleon’s and JDLV are newer vessels to the seabridge, so I am not overly concerned about those. However, I am taking the TT spirit for the departing journey and I read some horrendous reviews regarding the cleanliness. I also read it was refitted sometime in 2018 but I don’t know if this entailed purely mechanical upgrades or if the interior was upgraded. Most people were saying the seats were covered in grime and embedded with vomit. The pics I saw recently showed leather seats though and these reviews were from 3-4 years ago. I am very squirmish and I am wondering if it will be tolerable for me. Can anyone who has been on this ferry recently let me know the condition in terms of cleanliness? I know it is technically public transportation and would be unsanitary to an extent but I don’t think I can tolerate the extreme conditions I have read about. Any input would be appreciated.

The Galleons Passage hasn't taken cars in quite a while though. Ever since they moved its loading loser to where the Cabo Star is when the JDLV came. There is no ramp across there and the new ramp in the Ferry terminal is too big when it does load on that side.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 20th, 2020, 3:45 pm

FB_IMG_1590003704340.jpeg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 20th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Who else had to google who A.P.T. James was?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 20th, 2020, 3:56 pm

No shame in that.

The irony of naming a ferry after someone who supported Tobago’s secession

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 20th, 2020, 4:04 pm

Redman wrote:No shame in that.

The irony of naming a ferry after someone who supported Tobago’s secession

His bio is quite interesting. His history of parties even moreso.

https://web.archive.org/web/20061014030 ... atriot.htm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”