Forums

Business Ideas

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nissubaru
Street 2NR

Business Ideas

Postby nissubaru » July 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm

A friend want to open a business but not sure what as yet. She want to do more of selling, or rather taking bulk orders and delivering. Need to find out which distributors are out there and what they wholesale. Any help will be much appreciated.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Business Ideas

Postby desifemlove » July 11th, 2017, 1:28 pm

nissubaru wrote:A friend want to open a business but not sure what as yet. She want to do more of selling, or rather taking bulk orders and delivering. Need to find out which distributors are out there and what they wholesale. Any help will be much appreciated.

this depends on the industry. And what does "more of selling" mean? Different products require different distribution channels, or ways to get the product to the customer.

only when she has an idea of what she wants to sell, can she figure out how to sell it.

nissubaru
Street 2NR

Postby nissubaru » July 11th, 2017, 9:45 pm

desifemlove wrote:
nissubaru wrote:A friend want to open a business but not sure what as yet. She want to do more of selling, or rather taking bulk orders and delivering. Need to find out which distributors are out there and what they wholesale. Any help will be much appreciated.

this depends on the industry. And what does "more of selling" mean? Different products require different distribution channels, or ways to get the product to the customer.

only when she has an idea of what she wants to sell, can she figure out how to sell it.

Well according to what she said, it can be more of cleaning products or like one or two certain items that she can specialize in. Whether it be like hand cleaners or even something for vehicles like a particular part of some sort.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » July 11th, 2017, 10:08 pm

ebay ...search lots of ...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 11th, 2017, 10:10 pm

If she wants cleaning supplies she can check Lanher. Tbh her request is very vague

Closeout Deals
Street 2NR

Postby Closeout Deals » July 12th, 2017, 1:55 am

Contact 742-3353 car care chemicals etc.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 12th, 2017, 9:37 am

How many customers does your friend have op?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 12th, 2017, 9:42 am

if you just want "ah business" and cannot ID what specifically you want to do....with all due respect ...you probably shouldnt get into it.

A 'business' isnt a goal-its a mechanism.

Sounds like the subject person is in love with the idea OF business....but is not prepared or committed enough to make the effort.

The environment is so aggressive that you need to be double dog sure and fanatically relentless in order to survive the start up process and then grow.

She needs to do some soul searching.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » July 12th, 2017, 10:45 am

OK, so if it's for vehicles, then what kind? she needs to break it down into the who, what, where, when and why.

is this for corporate vehicles? buses like PTSC? normal, everyday drivers (P-reg)? Taxis (H or PH)?

Only once she has the basic concept, can she then source cleaning items to sell on.

it's like a food stall selling roti and stewed chicken. people will buy, but then the owner has to then work out where to get the flour from, or the chicken, the spices, the utensils, food boxes, storage.

start with the concept first, then she should work out how to source the items.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 12th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Redman wrote:if you just want "ah business" and cannot ID what specifically you want to do....with all due respect ...you probably shouldnt get into it.

A 'business' isnt a goal-its a mechanism.

Sounds like the subject person is in love with the idea OF business....but is not prepared or committed enough to make the effort.

The environment is so aggressive that you need to be double dog sure and fanatically relentless in order to survive the start up process and then grow.

She needs to do some soul searching.

Sounds like OP's deputy soul searching already.

A business is either a profession or a trade which supplies goods, services or both.

Your own circumstances will decide how you operate - start "small" - be well-financed and go "big"

Finance is the most important ingredient .

Business is a goal . If she wants a mechanism , she can buy a dildo.

Business needs focus and persistence . It is not a "hustle."

Example :

Short term - Food
Medium Term - Mini Mart - Grocery - Restaurant - Bar
Long Term - Just duplicate success .

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 12th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Is Amway still around.
In the middle 90's, I did amway and earnings from sale of products was quite good.
Earnings took care of a lot of recurrent expenditure.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 12th, 2017, 7:12 pm

toyolink wrote:Is Amway still around.
In the middle 90's, I did amway and earnings from sale of products was quite good.

Nah nah ..

The only people who made money was
the people at the top of the Ponzi.

But my grand parents liked the stuff .

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » July 12th, 2017, 7:32 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
toyolink wrote:Is Amway still around.

Nah nah ..

The only people who made money was
the people at the top of the Ponzi.

But my grand parents liked the stuff .

Unfortunately many people didn't do well since they really got caught up in the sponsorship 'thing'.
My approach was simple;
After signing-up and paying about $1500, I got busy in my spare time introducing the products to any and everybody (embarrassment wasn't an issue).
Orders started to come in, initially as a trickle but after a few months trunk load deliveries.
The truth is the Amway products were good and once customers started using the laundry detergent, cleaning products and even car care items, reorders flowed.
In those days I didn't have to invest in a pricey inventory, just take orders and payment, go to my distributor who had the core inventory and margins were mine.
Hell, I was selling stuff like if I was a big high quality one stop business without the overheads.
I remember a couple of companies even started to buy cases of fuel treatment from me.
Ponzi or no Ponzi my customers got their stuff and were quite happy and I no longer had to worry about asking the cashier in the grocery for a sub-total when shopping and gas tank was always taken care of.
BTW, we were in a recession.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 12th, 2017, 7:37 pm

^^^^
Ok Burkie - we get the photograph.

Again the products were good.

The experience outlined is good .

Brought a tear to my eye :roll:

Why you stopped ? And keep it short .

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 12th, 2017, 8:20 pm

toyolink has a point, network marketing and direct sales marketing are excellent ways to hone your sales craft

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » July 1st, 2020, 7:00 am

OK since no body seems too serious about this.... I'll give u some advise

If it's part time or full time it don't matter.

Buy a plucking machine... Build ah small parlour sided shop in front d house and start on weekends only if part time., selling only whole chicken and duck. If full time parts too... Opening Tuesday or Wednesday to Sunday.

The over heads are: electricty and if u hired a youth to help u when it busy.

Start up cost less than 25k

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 2nd, 2020, 3:59 am

2 tings dat duz sell in a recession is alcohol and sex. so open ah bar or open yuh leg.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 2nd, 2020, 8:28 am

screwbash wrote:2 tings dat duz sell in a recession is alcohol and sex. so open ah bar or open yuh leg.

Not really.

Anyone who wants to open a bar dream of patrons flowing in and having a time.

If your bar not ram out over the weekend at least, then better u close down.

All bars are not as profitable as you think.

Thats why so many always opening and closing.

Trinis have no ambition and direction so that plays a part.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 2nd, 2020, 11:48 am

MaxPower wrote:
screwbash wrote:2 tings dat duz sell in a recession is alcohol and sex. so open ah bar or open yuh leg.

Not really.

too much bars owners to greedy. they charging 12-15$ for a beer, $90 an up for a half rum with chaser when a half in the grocery is $40 or so. if bar owners attract patrons with prices other than with spanish women they mite survive. common sense and business sense should go hand in hand. it have a bar in 6th ave barataria always packed during peak bar times and bars a few feet away empty, a next one on 3rd ave same way. is either they know business or have good obeah. (they prices better btw)

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » July 2nd, 2020, 3:53 pm

Multilevel Marketing = Pyramid Scheme
RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » July 2nd, 2020, 8:38 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Not really.

Trinis like to copy everything, hardly ever start sumting new.
If you see how them does do in tunapuna eh, a roti shop opposite a roti shop next to another roti shop, followed by 3 more a few buildings away.
Burger selling one place, 2 buildings away it have more doing burgers too.
Max Grill is the boss here; next 2 buildings is grill & bbq plus they opening another bbq/grill place opposite the road.
I see in chaguanas some people open a fry chicken place opposite kfc on the main road. Seriously, red and white sign too, now somebody else doing breakfast there. These people can't come up with anything different for once?

Always seeing places grand opening then lasting a 2 months, plus rent is serious $$$$$$.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » July 3rd, 2020, 7:50 am

Sell Orchids and Ginger. Talk done

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 3rd, 2020, 9:10 am

Aye allyuh want to know what rell making?

Waxing.

Nails and hair does take too long.

But the waxing is like a $100-$150 and it takes about half hour.

Get some Venezuelans and send them to do the course it have here and make up a small booth. Right now i looking to see if i could get a trailer, ceiling, tile, ac, and make a small room and try it. Just a thought for now.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » July 5th, 2020, 1:45 am

MaxPower wrote:Aye allyuh want to know what rell making?

Waxing.

Nails and hair does take too long.

But the waxing is like a $100-$150 and it takes about half hour.

Get some Venezuelans and send them to do the course it have here and make up a small booth. Right now i looking to see if i could get a trailer, ceiling, tile, ac, and make a small room and try it. Just a thought for now.

wifey's hairdresser makes more money off of waxing than cutting hair....u on point bro.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 5th, 2020, 10:48 pm

1. Buy a used L300
2. Buy a new Karcher K2 or above
3. Buy the necessary car detail/care products directly from the distributor/manufacturer
4. Buy a shop vac wet/dry vacuum cleaner, coverall, gloves and some tall boots etc.
5. Invest in those portable tents
6. Put an add on trinituner, fb, pin.tt, trinicarsforsale etc.
7. Print some call cards and some callenders.
8. Create a custom invoice book with your letter head and get a stamp. This adds credibility and professionalism.
9. Create a nice website, simple nothing too overly done. Use a PO Box as opposed to a personal address.

You go to people's home and wash their car. Include extras such as selling air refreshners, steering wheel covers, wiper blades, valve stem caps, key covers/pouches, floor mats, an assortment of bulbs and batteries.

You can even include additional on the spot services like simple oil and filter changes, air filter changes and stuff like flushing out radiators with optional cap change, changing brake pads/shoes, swapping sensors and changing PCVs, tappet cover gasket and changing AC belt or PS belt.

If you so equipped with jack and stands and have the knowledge to change timing belts, head gaskets, shocks, cradles and links etc then why not?

I see this as a great entrepreneurial opportunity.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » July 5th, 2020, 11:26 pm

agent007 wrote:1. Buy a used L300
2. Buy a new Karcher K2 or above
3. Buy the necessary car detail/care products directly from the distributor/manufacturer
4. Buy a shop vac wet/dry vacuum cleaner, coverall, gloves and some tall boots etc.
5. Invest in those portable tents
6. Put an add on trinituner, fb, pin.tt, trinicarsforsale etc.
7. Print some call cards and some callenders.
8. Create a custom invoice book with your letter head and get a stamp. This adds credibility and professionalism.
9. Create a nice website, simple nothing too overly done. Use a PO Box as opposed to a personal address.

You go to people's home and wash their car. Include extras such as selling air refreshners, steering wheel covers, wiper blades, valve stem caps, key covers/pouches, floor mats, an assortment of bulbs and batteries.

You can even include additional on the spot services like simple oil and filter changes, air filter changes and stuff like flushing out radiators with optional cap change, changing brake pads/shoes, swapping sensors and changing PCVs, tappet cover gasket and changing AC belt or PS belt.

If you so equipped with jack and stands and have the knowledge to change timing belts, head gaskets, shocks, cradles and links etc then why not?

I see this as a great entrepreneurial opportunity.

I call dibs on this. Everybody else find something else to do :lol:

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 6th, 2020, 3:54 am

^^

New Burgers Joint ..

Vene in bikini .

Mix beef, lamb and goat meat in a patty ..

Grill with smokey barbecue sauce with lots pineapple , bacon bits and cheese .

Roll it up in a dalpuri and sweet potato fries on the side

Sell for $35 with a red Solo. .

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » July 6th, 2020, 5:22 am

Apartments is a really good investment, just the capital is extremely high to start, location is also a factor

Labour cost alone is the biggest issue but if you can get friends and family to assist with labour it reduces the cost dramatically.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Business Ideas

Postby MaxPower » July 6th, 2020, 6:22 am

It have plenty business ideas/opportunities out there.

Plenty.

Is ah mind ting.

The problem is the Trini mentality.

Get off allyuh ass and get the money.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 6th, 2020, 6:24 am

It takes about 10 to 15 years to get back your initial investment on building apartments if you have to buy land and build from scratch and use cash.

If you using bank money/loan it's a different scene and also a whole set of other complications.
Fadakartel wrote:Apartments is a really good investment, just the capital is extremely high to start, location is also a factor

Labour cost alone is the biggest issue but if you can get friends and family to assist with labour it reduces the cost dramatically.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”