Forums

Gas station attendant beaten after telling customer not to smoke

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: Gas station attendant beaten after telling customer not to smoke

Postby Premchand1976 » April 27th, 2017, 6:58 pm

eurotuner wrote:Can this be used as evidence in court?

Might not even reach there........lol

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 27th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Gladiator wrote:
bluesclues wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
bluesclues wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
bluesclues wrote:
maj. tom wrote:what tone of voice should the attendant use to someone smoking while he pumping gas?

report was made? what the police doing about it?
dat entitled youth rage just need some nerve damage between T6 and T12 and he will find inner peace for the rest of his life.

rofl.

i just find it hard that someone would escalate to that level of violence without some level of provocation.

who knows what was said and how it was said?

as customer service representive i expect the gas station attendant said something along these lines... very respectfully...

'hello excuse me sir, smoking on these premises poses a great risk to all here. please, kindly put out the cigarette or i may not be able to serve you.'

right?

Even if the attendant cuss him up about his mother, there is nothing said that can justify that kind of attack.

For those of us not prone to violence that may be true. We may never strike a man unless it is in self defence. Meaning the man would have to strike us first. He could say anything he want just dont lash we.

But for others, an unwarranted psychological attack may be judged in the same light as a physical one. And to them, warrant physical retaliation. When lines are crossed and disrespect is perceived.

These things can be avoided with more professional attitudes towards customer 'Service'.

nope - that still does not make it right or ok or that the attendant is to blame here.

Attendant is not to blame. But he must take some of the blame if he handled the situation improperly and unprofessionally.

Sure we dont condone violence as a means of resolving dispute or disagreement. But can you really say that there's nothing a man can say to you that would make you feel to punch out his face? Provocation is an intricate thing. It have law for that.

But yes, for being dotish and smoking in a gas station gunta needs some of his own medicine. Out your cigarettes or throw them away before u enter the gas station premises please.

Why is everyone assuming the attendant said something to provoke this or used a "tone"... the video has no blasted audio!!!!

Exactly.

Before I stuck in that perspective everyone was 'assuming' the attendant is completely blame free. But without audio and knowing his tone and approach you'd be assuming. The gunta might be 'more wrong', but the attendant might have some wrong to hold as his own too.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 27th, 2017, 7:41 pm

But "wrong" tone should not have resulted in a beat down/squeegee beating lol

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 27th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Morpheus wrote:But "wrong" tone should not have resulted in a beat down/squeegee beating lol

exactly it's inexcusable.

we have a strange way of victim blaming instead of addressing the real problem.
bandit steals the neighbour TV and the first thing ppl say is "he look for that! who tell him buy such a nice TV?".

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 27th, 2017, 7:45 pm

We need some soviet laws in this place, if you beat up a man because he told you doh light fire when fulling gas because you can blow up the whole place and kill everybody.

Give him hard labor in a gulag for 100 years.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 27th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Morpheus wrote:But "wrong" tone should not have resulted in a beat down/squeegee beating lol

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

exactly it's inexcusable.

we have a strange way of victim blaming instead of addressing the real problem.
bandit steals the neighbour TV and the first thing ppl say is "he look for that! who tell him buy such a nice TV?".

When it's confirmed pops didnt tell the man anything overly offensive to provoke him, then ill agree.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 27th, 2017, 8:06 pm

I want to add a little perspective to this topic. I'm not going to justify what he did but that didn't happen just so. The gas station belongs to my cousin. The attendant isn't an old man , works there part time and gets on like an muffler bearing. He is very disrespectful. The skinny man is a guy from Jo Jo lane called Buju, who ,up to two weeks ago I had a discussion with about why he is still around. We were discussing all the guys around who were killed out and I told him the reason he still around out of all the drug men , was because he does not interfere with anybody. I know him years and was very surprised to see him get on like that. Provocation could make a man trip off. Also,When I looked at the vid , to me it looked like fatman threw the first blow. Fatman knows who he is and can tell the police his name and where he lives, I not so sure he will though.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 27th, 2017, 8:11 pm

^ come nah man, it still don't warrant that behaviour.

Especially picking up the squeegie after the scramble done and beating him with it.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » April 27th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ come nah man, it still don't warrant that behaviour.

Especially picking up the squeegie after the scramble done and beating him with it.

Exactly........not because someone calls you jackass**e means you gotta Bray like one....similarly for names like ugly, monkey, gunta to name a few.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 27th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Read over my second sentence.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 27th, 2017, 8:30 pm

gotta milk that moment to the fullest.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 27th, 2017, 8:50 pm

rspann wrote:I want to add a little perspective to this topic. I'm not going to justify what he did but that didn't happen just so. The gas station belongs to my cousin. The attendant isn't an old man , works there part time and gets on like an muffler bearing. He is very disrespectful. The skinny man is a guy from Jo Jo lane called Buju, who ,up to two weeks ago I had a discussion with about why he is still around. We were discussing all the guys around who were killed out and I told him the reason he still around out of all the drug men , was because he does not interfere with anybody. I know him years and was very surprised to see him get on like that. Provocation could make a man trip off. Also,When I looked at the vid , to me it looked like fatman threw the first blow. Fatman knows who he is and can tell the police his name and where he lives, I not so sure he will though.

i had ah feelin dat d attendant was a muffler bearing. just how he move by the window, i could just imagine what he tell the fellah.

the beating was over than above, but i could understand how the guy got tripped off by the attendent. that day, the attendant told the wrong guy the wrong thing.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 27th, 2017, 8:58 pm

rspann wrote:

Read over my second sentence.

I did. But then you kinda went on justify it.

Someone said earlier that the attendant wasn't pressing charges. That's interesting.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 27th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Not really. The same guy might be out on bail, or out pretty soon after this incident. And he might go back to look for gas station pal

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 27th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Fatman works part time close to where Buju living, and pushing, so he knows him well , I still dont believe the talk was about smoking in the gas station. In the morning.I will try to get the three sides of the story.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 27th, 2017, 9:44 pm

But fatman took that licks like a champion, he got one good jab in i must say.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 27th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Spann, daz dave suv and he boys not so?

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » April 27th, 2017, 11:56 pm

well if part time means 50% of a day seemingly every day, well yes, he works part time. Sunday to Sunday for at least the last year.

Sauce: I fill up there cuz its the only station in the vicinity that rarely has issues with credit cards.

the guy is late 50s, early 60s.
Old to me.
He's very chill. He's no better or worse than what you would expect from a gas station attendant.

rspann wrote:I want to add a little perspective to this topic. I'm not going to justify what he did but that didn't happen just so. The gas station belongs to my cousin. The attendant isn't an old man , works there part time and gets on like an muffler bearing. He is very disrespectful. The skinny man is a guy from Jo Jo lane called Buju, who ,up to two weeks ago I had a discussion with about why he is still around. We were discussing all the guys around who were killed out and I told him the reason he still around out of all the drug men , was because he does not interfere with anybody. I know him years and was very surprised to see him get on like that. Provocation could make a man trip off. Also,When I looked at the vid , to me it looked like fatman threw the first blow. Fatman knows who he is and can tell the police his name and where he lives, I not so sure he will though.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 27th, 2017, 11:57 pm

rspann wrote:Fatman works part time close to where Buju living, and pushing, so he knows him well , I still dont believe the talk was about smoking in the gas station. In the morning.I will try to get the three sides of the story.

Fatman and buju might end up best pals after that lol. I dont know the people but i know human behaviour. The man trip. People dont trip just so. If fatman did come to me to make a report i woulda say 'come nah man, tell meh what yuh really tell d man' cuz u know ppl will butter up the story to make themselves seem like the saint in it all.

End of the day. Violence is not the answer. But it have violent ppl around and they tend to react violently.

So we back to my major and original point. Professionalism in customer service. Following customer service protocols is designed to stave off these kind of events. Is time trinidad learn the value of professionalism.

bignog
Sweet on this forum

Postby bignog » April 28th, 2017, 1:05 am

The usual suspects ......PNM TIME NOW

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 28th, 2017, 1:56 am

It amazes me how certain people try to justify violence .
They live in their own sick mindless society with a ghetto mentality or logic.

The owner of this business should be sued for not having security to protect his
workers knowing fully well the crime and violence increase in Trinidad.

So if you have an argument why does it have to move towards violence ?
Drug dealer fear etc., is where the Police comes in to protect the citizenry .

Victim blaming ? It show low education and lack of empathy.

PM Rowley was correct when he told women to watch who they associate with
since he is fully 100 % aware of the TT environment.

But again certain people in denial as long as they are not affected.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 28th, 2017, 5:51 am

dem n1gg@rs feed dey bad. most of them feel dat way... but not wit me nah ah go damage dem at they knees dey go cyah walk again. but as the old man say god doh sleep, dey go end up in jail and man go deal with dem from behind.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » April 28th, 2017, 6:52 am

Premchand1976 wrote:

Exactly........not because someone calls you jackass**e means you gotta Bray like one....similarly for names like ugly, monkey, gunta to name a few.

why u calling up my name for in crimes??? im innocent

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » April 28th, 2017, 6:54 am

Lol

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 28th, 2017, 7:12 am

RedVEVO wrote:It amazes me how certain people try to justify violence .
They live in their own sick mindless society with a ghetto mentality or logic.

The owner of this business should be sued for not having security to protect his
workers knowing fully well the crime and violence increase in Trinidad.

So if you have an argument why does it have to move towards violence ?
Drug dealer fear etc., is where the Police comes in to protect the citizenry .

Victim blaming ? It show low education and lack of empathy.

PM Rowley was correct when he told women to watch who they associate with
since he is fully 100 % aware of the TT environment.

But again certain people in denial as long as they are not affected.

Sounds more like u living in a dream and not reality. And also have much to learn about judging. I dont see anyone on the thread victim blaming. Just deducing what is a fair alotment to each. You dont get to talk to ppl anyhow you want. Especially when they spending money at your establishment. If you escalate a situation out of your control is u fked up first of all.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » April 28th, 2017, 7:17 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Which one of allyuh was honestly getting physically involved in that though? If yuh have wife/kids in the car or at home

Read all the comments, but this one stood out for me...
I know of people who would buy an issue like the one in that video in a heartbeat and in the most brutal way, doesn't matter if the whole family in the vehicle; but that is the problem right there. The video.
Due to our new affinity to record and post everything on social media most times the savior becomes the villan who the authorities end up pursuing relentlessly instead of the initial attacker.
I have learned (the hard way) that once it doesn't involve my family, property or myself to leave it alone.
really sorry for the fella.

Tar Baby
Street 2NR

Postby Tar Baby » April 28th, 2017, 7:18 am

Removed by Moderator
Last edited by Tar Baby on November 3rd, 2021, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 28th, 2017, 7:25 am

A larger percentage of the lower class population in this country turn to immediate violence to solve all of their problems, they do not know any better, its a cycle that will continue because they set that as the example for their children to follow.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » April 28th, 2017, 7:34 am

GeneralHonda wrote:Sad. I notice many people pulling up to fill and not switching off their vehicles also.

Noticed that with a coworker whenever we step out for lunch and she had to fill up.
On many occasions I had to remind her that you supposed to kill engine and lights when is your turn to full. I know that since I small and gas stations had visible signage telling you the same thing.

She say nobody ever told her to kill her engine, so she doh turn off the engine.

I tell her at least do it for me. I just wanted lunch, not death.

dboss12
Riding on 13's

Postby dboss12 » April 28th, 2017, 7:36 am

The other i pull up by a gas station and pumping my gas,my boss call,i clean forget where i was and answer my phone.

2 mins the attendant come out,i take my buff and my cuss..i cant vex with her....hang up my phone and take my shame.....
Cuz i could have killed everyone there.

She and all was in danger,you expect to get a loving voice to tell you ,you doin crap...steupzzz

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”