Why doesn't Trinidad have an Online Parliament Petition system like the British?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 1st, 2017, 11:01 am

I noticed this a while back

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/178844

Government will respond to any petition in parliament with over 10K signatures

Why doesn't Trinidad have something like this so we can force those in authority to address certain key issues? this government needs to implement a system like this ASAP, I call upon the good doctor to implement this system. I think our citizens have some serious issues they would like the government to address.

Re: Why doesn't Trinidad have an Online Parliament Petition system like the British?

Postby Dizzy28 » February 1st, 2017, 11:13 am

You getting a PM conversations with the people starting next week. Chill with that for now.

dean_spleen09

Re: Why doesn't Trinidad have an Online Parliament Petition system like the British?

Postby dean_spleen09 » February 1st, 2017, 11:18 am

cause WE JAMMIN STILL

Postby vaiostation » February 1st, 2017, 11:25 am

Because they don't care about what the population has to say.
Thier duty is to repay thier financers, that is all. That is why it doesn't matter who wins the election, the political parties are simply different sides of the same coin...

dude2014

Postby dude2014 » February 1st, 2017, 11:30 am

i do not know if this is a law in the UK. What I do know is that it would be a good excuse for the sitting Govt, when it is brought up to get one of their shareholders (I am not talking about the PNM/UNC til ah ded crew) to do a fake consultation, even get OUR ILLUSTRIOUS ACADEMICS, et al, on the panel, bring an equally tenious White/green paper to parliament and then have the responsible opposition ask for it to be referred to a joint select committee or do a Rowley/Kamla walkout of Parliament on the extremely most frivolous excuse to drink tea, watch the Parliament channel, or just tell the rest of us, ah waiting for meh pay.

The magnitude of the senselessness of my post is but a miniscule atom in the vast ocean of dottishness that is our Parliament.

Try and keep this to our self or as the word gets out it will be $10 million minimun for a ................. FAKE CONSULTATION.

I rest my case your honour ...........

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 1st, 2017, 11:35 am

^ Ha you right, good grief this place really gone yes

Postby RBphoto » February 1st, 2017, 1:53 pm

How is Brexit working out for them?

Postby supercharged turbo » February 1st, 2017, 2:14 pm

We want JOSTISS!!!

Postby MaxPower » February 1st, 2017, 2:33 pm

Trinis and Brits are 2 different breeds of people...

gt4tified

Postby gt4tified » February 2nd, 2017, 12:22 pm

Remember also, mandating a response does not necessarily mean action will be taken or a resolution arrived at.

Postby Dizzy28 » February 2nd, 2017, 2:56 pm

RBphoto wrote:How is Brexit working out for them?

Well they only voted on invoking Article 50 yesterday.
Technically Brexit hasn't happened as yet.

The ironies of the anti Trump marches in London the day of the women's right marches and the day of the 7 country visa ban was that I don't remember as vociferous of a protest against Brexit. Hypocritical British SJWs

Postby RBphoto » February 2nd, 2017, 3:04 pm

RBphoto wrote:How is Brexit working out for them?

Well they only voted on invoking Article 50 yesterday.
Technically Brexit hasn't happened as yet.

The ironies of the anti Trump marches in London the day of the women's right marches and the day of the 7 country visa ban was that I don't remember as vociferous of a protest against Brexit. Hypocritical British SJWs

Ent?

Miguel000

Postby Miguel000 » February 2nd, 2017, 6:16 pm

Because we not british.

End Of Discussion

cherrypopper

Postby cherrypopper » February 2nd, 2017, 6:29 pm

We have womantra and fixin tnt.

dude2014

Postby dude2014 » February 2nd, 2017, 9:13 pm

You feel we do not have one? The Govt on a line to walk way with we money. That is as online this will get.
Remember Fake Consultation, Fake Strike, Lord every thing fake except the CRIME situation ........

Gary Griffith for Commissioner of Police .............

Postby desifemlove » February 6th, 2017, 12:46 am

because what can work elsewhere cannot necessarily work here......

considering the UK has a better run political system, far less OVERT corruption (corruption happens everywhere, just some countries more than others....), better civil service, haha...

OP and plenty like him does tink anything can be transferred from "foreign" here. no! analyse context, culture, procedure, history. it like Congolese people saying the same thing, woudl that make sense given their political history/situation?

Postby zoom rader » February 7th, 2017, 4:39 am

Answer is this government is backward and intents on keeping those that voted for them in ingonrance