Forums

healthier doubles/saheena fried in coconut oil

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

healthier doubles/saheena fried in coconut oil

Postby gencon » January 29th, 2017, 11:47 pm

anyone know where sells saheena and doubles fried in coconut oil and not soyabean oil/canola oil.

trying to cut down on my hydrogenated oils, so that means I can only consume coconut oil or olive oil.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: healthier doubles/saheena fried in coconut oil

Postby hong kong phooey » January 30th, 2017, 12:19 am

Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe all oils get hydrogenated when heated above certain temperatures including coconut oil and olive oil.
So it better to find a place selling hops and channa or sada roti and channa

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 30th, 2017, 12:30 am

^ yeah any oil that is heated is bad for you but hydrogenated oil is oil that is heated at 1000 degrees under very high pressure and by the time they are done with it almost like plastic you are eating, also according to New York Times 80% of big name expensive olive oil from Italy is fake with either canola mix with it or they lie and claim its cold press. I buy the one in the grocery in St Helena here its made in Greece and has the EU PDO label on it which means its the safest you can be when buying olive oil cold pressed.

Anybody who feel that buying fast food is healthy regardless of what oil used is delusional. Coconut oil is NOT healthy to consume unless maybe you buy cold pressed but even then its high in saturated fat and has significantly less Poly and Mono unsaturated fat as compared to Olive Oil, the only person who believes its healthy to consume is my UNC neighbor who does drink Rum and believes the Ganges River in India has no bacteria even though its filled with 10 football stadium of raw sh!t everyday.

With fried food aside clogging your arteries like crazy another deadly thing is peanut butter that has the real hydrogenated oil in large quantity. When you eat that its like taking a plastic fork and scraping your inside arteries top heart surgeons have commented on it saying after the artery gets scraped up it sends out inflammation to heal it and cholesterol and calcium gets stuck to it in the process creating plaque. If you smoke and eat fast food or hydrogenated products you could kiss your life goodby as smoking makes the artery sticky so it collects even more deadly fatty deposits.

Most people in this country are f*cked, they already continue to buy all those imported rotten chicken from those Chinese restaurants that are highly likely using Gutter Oil from China that is made from rotten meat and raw sh!t, not saying all but in the 3rd world its highly likely as it even manages to find its way into first world countries.

I stopped buying Fast food, snacks, cheese, butter, wheat, rice. Its a hard change but it has to be done. This country continues to get more and more obese day by day.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » January 30th, 2017, 3:43 am

Lol ED
you were able to mention UNC and your neighbor in a post about oil
What did the guy really do to you?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 30th, 2017, 7:34 am

Coconut oil, ghee, lard, tallow, suet are all saturated fats and are very stable at high temperatures. They won't change their isomerism.

That said, it's not a healthy alternative for saheena and doubles. Stop eating those things because deep frying foods massively increases their calorie content and the flour in those foods trigger an insulin response storm that leads to fat accumulation, diabetic changes and cardiovascular VLDL inflammation in the long term. You think you are making a better health decision with the coconut oil, but in fact it's just as bad because of the flour. Also you won't find anyone making that to sell because coconut oil is too expensive.

The healthy alternative is to eat a piece of bacon wrapped cheese fried in animal butter. Or a piece of non-battered fried fish with some oven roasted vegetables in garlic butter.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 30th, 2017, 7:39 am

if you get someone frying doubles in olive oil you might pay $10 for da doubles...

ohhh and ED....you real upset with this rum drinking opposition leader...take it easy nah bai...is every ched so

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » January 30th, 2017, 8:26 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:if you get someone frying doubles in olive oil you might pay $10 for da doubles...

ohhh and ED....you real upset with this rum drinking opposition leader...take it easy nah bai...is every ched so

I now commented on that hahahahah! :lol: EVERY :lol: post, I going and search through his posts from last week and count how many times he did it.

Also, it doesn't really matter what kind of oil the bhara fried in really.....it's HOW MUCH bharas are consumed. Get it?

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gencon » January 30th, 2017, 8:52 am

Well fellas I trying to stay away from it but it hard Dan, alyuh could take away the doubles but doh take meh saheena nah.

Recommend some more healthy alternatives to beat the craving.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 30th, 2017, 9:03 am

cook yuh own food...healthiest thing to do

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 30th, 2017, 9:09 am

Careful ulyuh get shoot.... Rip

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 30th, 2017, 9:22 am

instantfrugality wrote:

Discipline is the answer dearest OP

original_lollybob
Riding on 16's

Postby original_lollybob » January 30th, 2017, 10:02 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ yeah any oil that is heated is bad for you but hydrogenated oil is oil that is heated at 1000 degrees under very high pressure and by the time they are done with it almost like plastic you are eating, also according to New York Times 80% of big name expensive olive oil from Italy is fake with either canola mix with it or they lie and claim its cold press. I buy the one in the grocery in St Helena here its made in Greece and has the EU PDO label on it which means its the safest you can be when buying olive oil cold pressed.

Anybody who feel that buying fast food is healthy regardless of what oil used is delusional. Coconut oil is NOT healthy to consume unless maybe you buy cold pressed but even then its high in saturated fat and has significantly less Poly and Mono unsaturated fat as compared to Olive Oil, the only person who believes its healthy to consume is my UNC neighbor who does drink Rum and believes the Ganges River in India has no bacteria even though its filled with 10 football stadium of raw sh!t everyday.

With fried food aside clogging your arteries like crazy another deadly thing is peanut butter that has the real hydrogenated oil in large quantity. When you eat that its like taking a plastic fork and scraping your inside arteries top heart surgeons have commented on it saying after the artery gets scraped up it sends out inflammation to heal it and cholesterol and calcium gets stuck to it in the process creating plaque. If you smoke and eat fast food or hydrogenated products you could kiss your life goodby as smoking makes the artery sticky so it collects even more deadly fatty deposits.

Most people in this country are f*cked, they already continue to buy all those imported rotten chicken from those Chinese restaurants that are highly likely using Gutter Oil from China that is made from rotten meat and raw sh!t, not saying all but in the 3rd world its highly likely as it even manages to find its way into first world countries.

I stopped buying Fast food, snacks, cheese, butter, wheat, rice. Its a hard change but it has to be done. This country continues to get more and more obese day by day.

well f*ck... :shock:

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » January 30th, 2017, 10:23 am

instantfrugality wrote:Well fellas I trying to stay away from it but it hard Dan, alyuh could take away the doubles but doh take meh saheena nah.

Ok seriously now.
How much would you consume when you buy?
How many times per week do you do buy?

It's a mind thing, you can't just stop it jusso. If you want to make a change, try cutting down and not really thinking about it so much. If you eat 2 doubles and a saheena followed by a Coke, leave out one doubles and try a juice or water.
If you find yourself eating it more than ONCE per day then this is a problem, you must like other foods man!
Take small steps to achieve what you desire.

NB If you really want to cut down, take with heavy pepper. After the first one or two, it's over lol Pay de ppl dey money and roll.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 30th, 2017, 11:12 am

Tf is ah healthy doubles...

Baldhead
Street 2NR

Postby Baldhead » January 30th, 2017, 11:56 am

I start to buy to containers of channa..slight everything..extra sweet plus roast pepper...
Eatting that just so and it could go with anything!

Baldhead
Street 2NR

Postby Baldhead » January 30th, 2017, 11:56 am

I start to buy to containers of channa..slight everything..extra sweet plus roast pepper...
Eating that just so and it could go with anything!

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » January 30th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Ah going to trysome saheena in the convection oven to see how it co!mes out

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » January 30th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Baldhead wrote:I start to buy to containers of channa..slight everything..extra sweet plus roast pepper...
Eating that just so and it could go with anything!

I buy the same....well except for the roast pepper. Channa alone is healthier than the doubles, altho I'm not sure how much oil they use to chunkay the channa and if they use golden ray in it.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 30th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Channa is just boiled with minimal seasoning and salt. Majority of the flavour comes from the fresh condiments they put on top of it.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » January 30th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Correct is right

Baldhead
Street 2NR

Postby Baldhead » January 30th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Let's hope so for us Channa ppl...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TriniTuner mobile app

Baldhead
Street 2NR

Postby Baldhead » January 30th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Let's hope so for us Channa ppl..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TriniTuner mobile app

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 30th, 2017, 7:34 pm

You could make it yourself, soak overnight, 5 mins of pressure cooking and 2 mins blending cilantro and garlic.

lazytrini
Riding on 13's

Postby lazytrini » January 31st, 2017, 12:16 pm

There's a place in SouthPark called Organic Lounge who said they would have organic, healthy doubles. The one time i checked they didn't, but they may have it at times.

Baldhead
Street 2NR

Postby Baldhead » January 31st, 2017, 12:36 pm

meccalli wrote:You could make it yourself, soak overnight, 5 mins of pressure cooking and 2 mins blending cilantro and garlic.

I hear yuh..and it relatively easy but den I'll have to make de sweet sauce and de roast pepper too!
According to meh doubles vender..is real strain to make it..

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » January 31st, 2017, 12:38 pm

Steups .. like he strain his balls

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gencon » January 31st, 2017, 6:38 pm

i am trying to replace the inflammatory foods with legumes and pulses, i eat that almost every day, i eat it with cucumbers and stew or curry chicken, i buy 2lbs each of black eye, lentils, red bean, pink bean, and dry pigeon peas. i like my meat, i still eat chicken and tuna and turkey, ideally the best thing for me is vegetables alone, the chicken tends to raise my triglycerides. I successfuly stayed away from the fried foods for over a year but I havve been buying doubles and saheena on sunday mornings only. trying to cut it out altogether.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 31st, 2017, 7:56 pm

instantfrugality wrote:i am trying to replace the inflammatory foods with legumes and pulses, i eat that almost every day, i eat it with cucumbers and stew or curry chicken, i buy 2lbs each of black eye, lentils, red bean, pink bean, and dry pigeon peas. i like my meat, i still eat chicken and tuna and turkey, ideally the best thing for me is vegetables alone, the chicken tends to raise my triglycerides. I successfuly stayed away from the fried foods for over a year but I havve been buying doubles and saheena on sunday mornings only. trying to cut it out altogether.

I do something similar but with cookups, redbeans/dhal/lentils cooked with rice and chicken in coconut milk.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » January 31st, 2017, 8:48 pm

Op think about this. .. doubles men usually use that cheap yellow oil which is literally poison in a bottle. .

Try the wesson canola and fry your own thing home
It will be 10 times better than that oil they reuse over and over.

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gencon » January 31st, 2017, 10:15 pm

meccalli wrote:
instantfrugality wrote:i am trying to replace the inflammatory foods with legumes and pulses, i eat that almost every day, i eat it with cucumbers and stew or curry chicken, i buy 2lbs each of black eye, lentils, red bean, pink bean, and dry pigeon peas. i like my meat, i still eat chicken and tuna and turkey, ideally the best thing for me is vegetables alone, the chicken tends to raise my triglycerides. I successfuly stayed away from the fried foods for over a year but I havve been buying doubles and saheena on sunday mornings only. trying to cut it out altogether.

I do something similar but with cookups, redbeans/dhal/lentils cooked with rice and chicken in coconut milk.

i don't eat much white rice or brown, it tends to raise my sugar levels, after all it is starch and it is broken down into sugar. and coconut milk does give me heartburn. all legumes and pulses have resistant starch which does not affect blood sugar also cucumber is a non-startchy vegetable, so sugar levels don't raise. I slip up sometimes and eat a cookie every now and then.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”