TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is the Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing???

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which party or person has effectively put a dent on the crime situation??

P.N.M.
1%
P.P. or U.N.C.
26%
Ian Alleyne
16%
Inspector Alexander (Former Beyond Tape host)
3%
Jack Warner(Former Minister of National Security)
10%
Edmond Dillon
No votes
Dwayne Gibbs
6%
Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago?
1%
None( As requested)
36%

Total votes: 88

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Re: Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing...???

Postby Numb3r4 » January 30th, 2017, 2:09 am

True 2017 has started of quite grim, and to be honest the recent banning of muslims is of some concern it gives a telling tale as to the mentality of the POTUS. These are things that Trinbagonians should consider as the US wether we like it or not is very important to our existence, we rely on many of their companies to to pay taxes contributing to our revenue, if we get serious about tourism it is a potential market for exploitation and not to mention the many persons of Trinbagonian heritage that live abroad and help to maintain their families here.

The issue shouldn't be about ignoring the US I don't think we can afford to.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 30th, 2017, 2:44 am

Numb3r4 wrote:Is that MSNBC clip online?

Yes I made a thread about it here you can find the clip posted in the loop article.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=695659

With that said there is nothing we can do, our faith is to be blacklisted as a terrorist state. The citizens are 50% to blame and politicians are 50% to blame. Why you may ask?

Well its simple we removed a corrupt UNC and we put in a potentially corrupt PNM turns out they not really that corrupt but they are incompetent and largely useless which amounts to only a slightly better government than the UNC, slightly better meaning still in the latrine regardless.

When Trinidad gets banned like those other countries do not blame Trump blame ourselves and our corrupt failed leaders that we keep electing. Why you may ask? surely we elected a Rowley PNM isn't that enough?

Well no because people went back and vote for a woman who is known to do nothing but drink rum whole day now there is no competition for Rowley to care this is the kind of intelligence we have from people who vote for a opposition leader. And yes according to the Atlantic article that duane posted in that thread i linked we are the biggest ISIS terrorist state in the Western Hemisphere, make no mistake the fact that we are not on that list is a miracle in itself.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 30th, 2017, 3:05 am

Here is the article

http://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/509930/

It explains how Trinidad is the largest terrorist state in the Western Hemisphere. That is quite shocking statistics if you think about it given how many countries it has in the West and our size in comparison.

Things won't change and it will get worse and worse, because we have dotish people like my unc neighbor who in his own words said he voted for Kamla over Vassant because 2 of them does drink rum the same way, so apparently Vassant needed to start drinking rum to get he vote. And he voted for Kamla over Rowley because in his own words Rowley does look racial, then he went onto attempting to commit suicide by drinking poison for UNC when they lost the election.

This kind of stupidity is the reason that this country is in the mess that it is today. When Trump bans us don't blame him you know who to blame.

Doh worry Carnival coming soon we go wine down low.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 30th, 2017, 7:51 am

Barbados recorded its first murder for 2017 on the 19th...why can't we take a few pages from their book....in fact why can't we take the entire book?????

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 30th, 2017, 12:33 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Remember folks so long as that woman is the Opposition Leader the UNC is a DEAD party, so long as the cabal remains the UNC is a dead party. The world is changing and people are done with career politicians and they are not going to vote for you anymore based on Gender or Race just to make history.

If she does not step down allyuh could argue from now till whenever but our situation will continue to get worse.

Rowley isn't affected because he know Kamla will never win another election so he has no competition so he doesn't have to do anything. Rowley knows fully well that the rum is in full control of Kamla which is why he isn't bothered by her.

Are you really attempting to blame the current murder/crime rate on the Leader of the Opposition? :lol: :lol: :lol: I've seen PNM apologists here before but I think you in the lead for the worst of them.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 30th, 2017, 12:47 pm

link to press release over the weekend on crime pls?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 30th, 2017, 12:53 pm

16 cycles wrote:link to press release over the weekend on crime pls?

Rowley basically threw out the same useless spiel about it being "unacceptable" and calling the crimes "heinous" all the while pleading with the youths to be good boys and don't turn to crime :roll:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 30th, 2017, 1:44 pm

When regular citizens start taking the law into their own hands, the useless police and politicians better keep their mouth shut.Anybody come round my family going to wish that death comes quickly.And I mean that in the nicest of ways

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » January 30th, 2017, 4:22 pm

De Dragon wrote:

Rowley basically threw out the same useless spiel about it being "unacceptable" and calling the crimes "heinous" all the while pleading with the youths to be good boys and don't turn to crime :roll:

When Big Gubbament politicians use word like 'unacceptable' and 'heinous' you know they dont have a clue about what to do...

Uber's sidestepping the ministry of works iz also considered unacceptable behavior...after all T&T iza country of law and order...but very little enforcement.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » January 30th, 2017, 9:37 pm

I wouldn't say the PP made a dent in crime, they had an effect yes and it was slightly lower during their administration, but still.....

Will admit maybe the situation was affected by the fact that the then government was willing to declare a state of emergency, it showed a sence of urgency and possibly the wilingness to do what is necessary....still the country can't live under such a state indefinitely.

I don't think the leader of the opposition is to blame but it must be said the style of leadership and how she is handling the opposition is not gving the general popuation, or those potential swing voter (whoever they may be), any reason to trust that the party can do better.

At this point the population may just well be fueled by desparation rather than any sort of coherant thought process or logic....still thought we have until 2020 for another election a lot can happen in the mean time.....I guess.....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Aunty kamla bring up talk of citizens rights to bear arms,
This could be interesting, firearm license is secret bobol thing under control of cop police.
Stopping cop from eating a food is uncharted territory

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » January 31st, 2017, 12:35 am

Only al wari chirren could have bear arms.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » January 31st, 2017, 2:35 am

this is a priority for the government
well after local gov't election ,
no after Tobago election.
No wait after carnival.
No wait beg of 2019 Election is soon we need to appear to e doing something

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 31st, 2017, 7:57 am

A properly run, transparent system of FUL issuance and continuous mandatory re certification will

Create long term high quality employment.
Create a whole new industry
Create a cadre of much more responsible citizens
Reduce the incidence of innocent people getting killed..

It makes absolute sense..

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » January 31st, 2017, 8:36 am

De Dragon wrote:

So basically the equivalent to him saying "Stop it, I'm super serious this time!" ?

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » January 31st, 2017, 8:48 am

I have to smile a bit at that poll , to the person who created that there should a third choice , None!!.

Crime has not been addressed adequately by any party over the last 12-15 years. Crime ridden periods are a feature of this land . We have been "looking" albeit not actively , for solutions for much longer than that. Some police men say that its the respect for authority and morality . Well we all know what banning of corporal punishment in Schools and where we are with that today. The fact is it was removed with out a social substitute.

Don't be blinkered sheep , a state of emergency is not a effective crime plan . The weekly plans of Howard Chin Lee were PR . One government wanted OPV's another cancelled it saying it was a waster of money. Were are we now with border protection. Do we want border protection the current Minister with responsibility or the fishers industry it was reported , the persons at the Blanchisseuse fishing depot do not want electricity at the depot , eat a food ?

The leader of the Opposition and now asked for the process to review and grant firearm licences to be reviewed . Timely hell yeah , effective the jury is out on that one. While Redman in that last post make points about industry and re-certification etc unless we use bullets that don't have over penetration like frangible bullets , there will be un intended killings. Gunmen what say you ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 31st, 2017, 10:24 am

DVSTT wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

So basically the equivalent to him saying "Stop it, I'm super serious this time!" ?

What else can a PM say??

Going back to Chin Lee and Anaconda we have had a series of zero tolerance crime plans, initiatives and a failed SOE.

seems to me that there isnt the desire to deal with it...In govt and out of govt...

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » January 31st, 2017, 10:42 am

cornfused wrote:I have to smile a bit at that poll , to the person who created that there should a third choice , None!!.

Crime has not been addressed adequately by any party over the last 12-15 years. Crime ridden periods are a feature of this land . We have been "looking" albeit not actively , for solutions for much longer than that. Some police men say that its the respect for authority and morality . Well we all know what banning of corporal punishment in Schools and where we are with that today. The fact is it was removed with out a social substitute.

Don't be blinkered sheep , a state of emergency is not a effective crime plan . The weekly plans of Howard Chin Lee were PR . One government wanted OPV's another cancelled it saying it was a waster of money. Were are we now with border protection. Do we want border protection the current Minister with responsibility or the fishers industry it was reported , the persons at the Blanchisseuse fishing depot do not want electricity at the depot , eat a food ?

The leader of the Opposition and now asked for the process to review and grant firearm licences to be reviewed . Timely hell yeah , effective the jury is out on that one. While Redman in that last post make points about industry and re-certification etc unless we use bullets that don't have over penetration like frangible bullets , there will be un intended killings. Gunmen what say you ?

FUL wont help in every situation. I doubt that many Trinis would understand that carrying iza big responsibility.
But there iz no silver bullet for this crime fest.

A transparent FUL process would help. But there has to be enforcement of conduct for FUL carriers.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » January 31st, 2017, 11:42 am

Atleast some citizens will be able to defend themselves. They could limit the type of gun available and the amount of ammo per gun holder.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 31st, 2017, 11:56 am

Bring back "massive roadblock" exercises

unruly_trinidad
Ricer

Re: Is the Crime Situation in Trinidad Is Overbearing???

Postby unruly_trinidad » January 31st, 2017, 1:41 pm

love the participation...please do continue to engage in the conversation....Thank you

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 31st, 2017, 2:07 pm

I see Kamla on the news last night asking Rowley to legalize guns for the people to own.

Yet she was drinking rum for 5 years but now coming to tell Rowley to do it.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » January 31st, 2017, 2:29 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I see Kamla on the news last night asking Rowley to legalize guns for the people to own.

This is why me and my UNC family does fall out. (Not that i support PNM)

They (PP) had 5 years with a majority... but was only studying to full their pockets......... now they coming to tell the other set of pocket fullers how to stop crime.
Firing squad for ALL of them in my book!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 31st, 2017, 2:34 pm

Putting aside the social aspect of the equation for a moment, both Security Company Owners and the State stand to benefit the higher crime gets i.e. increased demand for security services - increased profits - more employment - more taxable revenue/income generated.

Then...there's the alleged close relationship between the Owners of certain firms and the powers that be.

I would hate to think that the population is being sacrificed in the interests of Big Business...:|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 31st, 2017, 2:41 pm

shotta 20 wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I see Kamla on the news last night asking Rowley to legalize guns for the people to own.

This is why me and my UNC family does fall out. (Not that i support PNM)

They (PP) had 5 years with a majority... but was only studying to full their pockets......... now they coming to tell the other set of pocket fullers how to stop crime.
Firing squad for ALL of them in my book!

This is exactly why I does call them the party of Rum drinking lunatics.

She had a once in a century 2/3 majority opportunity to pass all these laws and fix what was broken. Instead she and her cabal decide to thief out the treasury. Anytime you looking for this woman she drinking rum but now she coming to tell us what Rowley needs to do.

This is why I does have to remind our fellow tuners here everytime you ask Rowley to call an early election because he cannot run the country just keep in mind that the alternative is a party that only drinking rum.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 31st, 2017, 2:59 pm

hydroep wrote:Putting aside the social aspect of the equation for a moment, both Security Company Owners and the State stand to benefit the higher crime gets i.e. increased demand for security services - increased profits - more employment - more taxable revenue/income generated.

Then...there's the alleged close relationship between the Owners of certain firms and the powers that be.

I would hate to think that the population is being sacrificed in the interests of Big Business...:|

Anil was handing out contract to his family before he was sworn in
Jack has at least 2
Griffith has GG and Assoc
SIS fella has his own

Security for PTSC was auctioned off to the highest bidder -(highest payment to the minister) in 2010

And the first thing that UNC did was to Kill Sautt and leave the vacuum for 3 years.

I dont see why a Private Individual cant chose to be precepted ...just like a security officer, subject themselves to the same over site and be able to own a fire arm.

It would be pretty simple changes to existing law that could be made to make this possible.

Not that the precept exam has anything to do with carrying and using a fire arm.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 31st, 2017, 5:14 pm

UNC bloggers start back their sheit?

I am getting Spam on my phone by one of them regarding "crime" asking to protest against the government and drive with head lights on during the day.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 31st, 2017, 5:21 pm

So it's only UNC people would want to protest crime and demand that the government do something about it? You getting stale with this UNC talk whole time brah. UNC out of power going in two years just now, and they not coming back any time soon, you realize that? Now it's time to hold the government responsible.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » January 31st, 2017, 5:21 pm

Wtf that will do?.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 31st, 2017, 5:25 pm

Redman wrote:
hydroep wrote:Putting aside the social aspect of the equation for a moment, both Security Company Owners and the State stand to benefit the higher crime gets i.e. increased demand for security services - increased profits - more employment - more taxable revenue/income generated.

Anil was handing out contract to his family before he was sworn in
Jack has at least 2
Griffith has GG and Assoc
SIS fella has his own

Security for PTSC was auctioned off to the highest bidder -(highest payment to the minister) in 2010

And the first thing that UNC did was to Kill Sautt and leave the vacuum for 3 years.

I dont see why a Private Individual cant chose to be precepted ...just like a security officer, subject themselves to the same over site and be able to own a fire arm.

It would be pretty simple changes to existing law that could be made to make this possible.

Not that the precept exam has anything to do with carrying and using a fire arm.

Yet after 17 months the useless PNM Government cannot re-from a SAUTT like entity? After 17 months the new offshore patrol boats magically did not make the borders less porous? After 17 months the PM saying that the entire first 16 months were to take a look see? After 17 months with an ex-military MoNS, "aided" by two other Ministers, we have the most murderous January in 4 years?
Then again the PM did ask nicely :roll: :roll:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”