Forums

Ketogenic Diet

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Ketogenic Diet

Postby 88sins » March 26th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Zetski wrote:I have done keto for 3 months.. and it was painful after a month in my opinion, that diet is for those who want to lose weight quick and enhance muscle mass but it is not something I would do long term..

Now I just eat what I want except processed foods (now and again)

The secret to not feeling hungry every minute is to take your time to eat and chew your food properly.. if you take longer to finish your plate that is fine but I get the best results from doing that

you looking at it and doing it right, but still to a piont understanding it wrong

Want to know the trick to not feeling hungry? Understand this.
There is a vast difference between feeling/wanting to eat, and needing to eat, and most people will only understand & embrace the difference with experience. When you embrace it, skip days become a normal thing.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » March 26th, 2020, 10:04 pm

88sins wrote:
Zetski wrote:I have done keto for 3 months.. and it was painful after a month in my opinion, that diet is for those who want to lose weight quick and enhance muscle mass but it is not something I would do long term..

Now I just eat what I want except processed foods (now and again)

The secret to not feeling hungry every minute is to take your time to eat and chew your food properly.. if you take longer to finish your plate that is fine but I get the best results from doing that

you looking at it and doing it right, but still to a piont understanding it wrong

Want to know the trick to not feeling hungry? Understand this.
There is a vast difference between feeling/wanting to eat, and needing to eat, and most people will only understand & embrace the difference with experience. When you embrace it, skip days become a normal thing.

I will look into this

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » March 27th, 2020, 3:19 am

Great thread....lost about 50lbs on OMAD + 4miles a day walk/jog over a 7 month period....stopped the walking though and began cheating on my omad a bit and so put on back 15lbs during a 8 month period....but getting back on track these days....

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 27th, 2020, 3:57 am

Wow vega, haven't seen you posted in ages...

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 27th, 2020, 4:54 am

Everyone's looking for magic bullets, if it isn't a pill, it's some diet. People it's basic physiology, you're consuming chains of carbon whether it's fats, protein or carbohydrates. When you expend it by breathing out CO2, it's leaving your body- regardless if it's exercise, thermogenesis or just staying alive. WHATEVER you're doing to make you expend more than you're consuming is going to work. Persons have literally ate all processed, highly refined sugar based crap and lost massive amounts of weight and showed significant systemic improvements as reflected in their biomarkers as a result of losing extraneous weight.

It's really that simple, move your lazy butt and eat like you have a brain.
I eat to maintain a pretty lean physique, and i'n general if I had to place labels it'd be high carb and moderate protein, moderate to low fat just going on the nature of the foods i mainly eat. Common sense people, it's not magic.

At the end of the day people want to eat like athletes (calorie wise) and live like sloths. And that's a great tip with satiety, you should chew your food until it goes away, feels like you're drinking something.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1681731/

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 7:56 am

Hormones control energy activation and production in living organisms. Hormones are triggered by different types of food, different macro-nutrients and the external environment. All energy sources (food) entering your body are not the same, unlike gasoline to a car engine. Foods are compartmentalized into different macro- and micro- nutrients. No the laws of thermodynamics are not broken. They cannot be broken ever! But in humans the concept of calories in (eating) vs. calories out (exercise) never work out in practical reality, simply because there are different types of energy sources and how the body stores and accesses them is completely different from a car engine. Your body is regulated by hormones, not a fuel pump injector that is pumping only one type of fuel to burn.

Sugar triggers insulin which is a fat storage hormone. You cannot burn fat if your insulin is high. You can eat 10 donuts which will spike your insulin like crazy, and then not eat, let the glycogen burn off and then exercise to access the fat when insulin is finally low again. But if you do that for 10 or 20 or 30 years you develop insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome, an entire aetiology for most disease in humans. All those dietary factors activate the hormones which activate the DNA of the organism to produce more hormones and a myriad of other biochemicals which changes the organism at a cellular level. Food triggers epigenetic changes which are passed on to their offspring.

If you eat high carb meals, even if they are small and do it 3 times a day, your insulin will always be high. It will only go low enough while you're asleep. Except while you're asleep your body will just access the glycogen it was storing in your liver all day before it can access the fat storage. You can exercise but that will only access the glycogen in your liver while the fat keeps storing because the insulin is high. 1 hour of high intensity exercise does not deplete the 100 g of glycogen a healthy liver can store. It takes several hours of exercise as well as an entire sleep cycle to keep your insulin low enough to trigger the fat burning hormones. The only way to access fat storage is by keeping your insulin low by either low carb, or fasting for a period so the insulin drops. The problem with high carb diets is that excessively spiking your insulin over 30 years will damage your pancreatic cells and insulin tolerance is deadly as you get older. We have so much evidence for this, disease in older people caused by diet. It is absolutely irrefutable. High carb and alcohol nonsense passes in young people because their metabolism isn't broken yet, they haven't done it for 30 years and stressed every organ in their body over a long time yet. After they hit age 45 the game changes with diet, doesn't it? Despite all the exercise. Any older tuner reading this, is this experience untrue?

You cannot possibly be comparing a bowl of sugar (rice, roti, bread, most legumes and sweet fruit are the same as a bowl of sugar to your body) to an equivalent calorie plate of green vegetables and meat and thinking that they are the same nutritionally, despite the same calorie value. You cannot be thinking that they are doing the same thing to your body hormonally over 30 years, despite exercising hard every day. For the last 40 years the population of earth have been brainwashed into thinking this and now we have 2 billion obese people and all of them are sick with cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer's.

And you know what, this is literally a ketogenic thread and you can back here with your high carb BS i talk to you about already. You just cannot seem to understand these concepts in medicine. You cannot. If you knew anything abut the biochemistry of diet and energy production you would never talk that sheit here. Why you don't make a "High Carb is Healthy" thread on the forum and talk about how it's ok to eat as much sugar as you want as long as you exercise enough to burn it. Copy and paste all the research you can find on it and gather your supporters.

So proto-humans come up have been naturally eating low carb, very, very rarely stumble upon treats of high carb like honey or a sweet fruit, and very long periods of fasting for 2 million years. Think about how our nomad hunter ancestors lived. Come 1977 everybody get stupid and only eating high carb low fat. Now we're in total confusion and wondering why everyone is sick? Are these concepts outlined here really too difficult for someone with University education?
Last edited by maj. tom on March 27th, 2020, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 27th, 2020, 8:03 am

I did keto with intermittent fasting I ate two meals a day which was mostly water, fats ,meats, vegs. No carbs or any sugar I ate from 12 to 7pm only. After 2 days I got headaches from the sugar withdrawal. After 4 days felt great . First 3 week I lost 13 lbw with some weight lighting and cycling. I am not as strict with it now but i still eat two meals a day. I regained 5 lbw of the weight back as it is very hard to maintain a carb free diet.

I also had my Cholesterol checked and it was 235 bad cholesterol after a month it dropped to 135. My good cholesterol improved very little. Blood sugar was normal at 100 to 105. Blood pressure before was 120/85 and after was 114/80.

My belly was 36in at navel after was 32 but went up 34 same at waist when I started to introduce carbs back in.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » March 27th, 2020, 9:53 am

real talk? the effects of keto on a human body are pretty wild considering it's effectively "don't eat this one specific thing."

and imo? the best part of it is that when you start taking it seriously, you start reading food labels. like, really reading them and you start to understand what kind of sheit people are putting into their products and passing it off as 'food'. misrepresentation of food should be a strictly policed and enforced crime. its disgusting.

edit:
just realized that some words are censored on this forum and that's hilarious.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 27th, 2020, 9:59 am

Hey Fatty Borks,

Stop fooling yourselves and trying short cuts.

Eat clean and exercise.

Get cracking.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 27th, 2020, 10:59 am

You cannot possibly be comparing a bowl of sugar (rice, roti, bread, most legumes and sweet fruit are the same as a bowl of sugar to your body) to an equivalent calorie plate of green vegetables and meat and thinking that they are the same nutritionally, despite the same calorie value. You cannot be thinking that they are doing the same thing to your body hormonally over 30 years, despite exercising hard every day
As for the rest, I've read Jason Fung's work, no need to rehash it.

In this very thread, persons are reporting that they used keto for a purpose either to lose weight quickly or a medical condition, and have not stuck to it afterwards. It's unsustainable, omad isn't keto either.
You should continue your snake juice diet, clearly it's the greatest thing ever. Amazing lifestyle way of eating!!
Be careful who you listen to guys, use your brain.
https://weightology.net/insulin-an-unde ... eputation/

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 11:08 am

How exactly eating a low carb diet for at risk groups of people, i.e. more than 3/4 the population, the rest of your life is snake oil?

How exactly is eating green vegetables and meats, and avoiding high sugar foods like starches, juices, and sweet fruit snake oil?

How exactly is identifying a sugar addiction that is pushed in excess on the population is every single food and addressing the real problem in diet snake oil? How is developing proper eating habits by eating real whole foods and a disciplined mind to be aware of the sugar addiction snake oil?

How is NOT developing diabetes due to insulin resistance over 30 years snake oil? Is it because there is no money in it if people suddenly start to eat healthy that it is snake oil? Is it that people will have to stop taking liver-damaging diabetes drugs that it is snake oil?

Anyone reading this can explain the snake oil part of this please? Please? Mankind has naturally been eating low carb for 200,000 years and it's suddenly not sustainable?! Since 1977 when they told everyone to eat cereal, toast with margarine and orange juice for breakfast?

I have nothing to prove to you. You don't see the suffering of our older population every day like i do.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 27th, 2020, 11:15 am

maj. tom wrote:I put myself in nutritional keto. I trained my body with a few 3 day fasts over several weeks. Then today i made 7 days.
No food. Just salt and water. Essential minerals i added to my drinking water in precise amounts were magnesium citrate, potassium chloride, zinc gluconate and sodium chloride. An isotonic solution like IV drips. I continued to lift heavy iron every 2 days on, 1 day rest for the 7 days. No measurable muscle loss with the lifting. I had immense energy after the 3rd day, and the salt water is the secret to maintaining one's strength and beating the fatigue and any cramps. I almost blacked out once, it got cold and black and my vision was spinning, but salt immediately fixed it. There was absolutely no real hunger experienced. Only psychological hunger at times, and i tried to meditate to make myself aware of the temptations and food addictions that we have.

Try some more salt, i said snake juice.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 11:32 am

Salt is a key component for life. When you're dehydrated your blood pressure drops (hence the blackout feeling), which happens during fasting, and one must replenish the salt lost through sweat and urine. Which i did by mixing some salt water and drinking it. Or rehydration IV drips. Which is an isotonic salt solution. Anyone ever read a drips bag?

I still not seeing the snake juice you're referring to. I see someone who only knows theory with no practical experience and want to prove something... to whom, i don't know. We shall agree to disagree henceforth.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » March 27th, 2020, 11:38 am

the man literally post the snake juice recipe three posts up lol.

idk why it's called 'snake juice' though when it's literally an electrolyte solution. like drips.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Well i don't understand the criticism toward electrolytes. By the way i bumped this thread because of a discussion i was having with user: Slartibartfast about fasting. I bumped him in a quote so he can follow it up. My experience in fasting was directed toward him. Not about the general keto discussion. All these after comments thereafter were totally unnecessary. I had no intention to come here to prove any point to anyone. I can't control anybody and what they believe is the correct way to eat and live.

Fasting doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a keto diet except from relieving the initial pain of sugar withdrawal. It's better though, to fast while being efficient in ketosis initially so it's a smooth transition. And then the body does go into ketosis during fasting as well, so it good to understand that.

Fasting should never be used as a direct means of managing weight loss alone. That's too dangerous. It's a nice side-effect while many other benefits are derived from periods of fasting where your body, brain and mind heals and optimizes itself at the cellular level. Down to repairing your DNA strands. Hence why all old religions prescribe fasting periods within their doctrines for a spiritual and healing rewards, but of course they didn't understand it like this.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 27th, 2020, 3:09 pm

I did meat and grass for a month.....oats for breakfast, every other meal was some kinda meat with salad
Lost about 15 lbs in a month
That ish not sustainable tho, so I joined a gym, but kept to meat and grass as much as convenient
Haven't lost any more weight, but looking slightly less like the pillsbury doughboy now
Too lazy for life-changing diets...meal prep and all that jazz...meh

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”