Bank Loan vs Credit Union Loan

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Bank Loan vs Credit Union Loan

Postby nismodriver » January 28th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Ever considered Sagicor for loans?
They quick on the approvals and closing.
Interest rates slightly higher maybe by 0.1-0.2 % , but flexible for requirements compared to the bank.
Rest assured they will line you up for Life/Property Insurance to back up the loan from Sagicor Life.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » July 23rd, 2018, 3:46 pm

Ques: When selling a vehicle, does the banks (mainly FCB) now need certified copy in the new owner's name when financing a vehicle? In the past they would have asked for a transfer chit to show proof of transfer before disbursing the payment cheque to the seller.

Can anyone advise on this?

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » July 23rd, 2018, 4:42 pm

Just remember that ALL banks and credit unions go with the reducing balance method.

Secondly, the interest rate the banks tell you is annual (APR), while credit unions tell you the APR/12.

So when you feel that the bank is 11.5% unsecured and the credit union is 1%, realise is nearly the same blasted thing.

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » July 25th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Ok so hear this one, went to a CU to get a statement to provide to the bank for me to acquire a vehicle loan. I was told that I need to wait 24hrs, so I told them that in the past I have received it within 15 mins and pointed out the clerk who did this for me. They went in the back and huddled for a minute then returned asking why I needed the statement. I told them and they huddled again, only to return and say that THEIR manager needs a statement from me stating why I am not taking the loan with them. Yes you guys read that right. I immediately told them to cash me out and close my account, you know my statement arrived within 5 minutes......I closed the account two days later.

Choose the bank. The bank stink too but CU's are not some guiding light in this darkness of borrowing.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 25th, 2018, 6:04 pm

Average wrote:Ok so hear this one, went to a CU to get a statement to provide to the bank for me to acquire a vehicle loan. I was told that I need to wait 24hrs, so I told them that in the past I have received it within 15 mins and pointed out the clerk who did this for me. They went in the back and huddled for a minute then returned asking why I needed the statement. I told them and they huddled again, only to return and say that THEIR manager needs a statement from me stating why I am not taking the loan with them. Yes you guys read that right. I immediately told them to cash me out and close my account, you know my statement arrived within 5 minutes......I closed the account two days later.

Choose the bank. The bank stink too but CU's are not some guiding light in this darkness of borrowing.

yeah, credit unions does try them kinda crap OFTEN. but u eh see nuttn yet boi
imaging having to write to someone 3 months in advance to ask them to release some of your money, not to close your account or seek financing, not like your money on hold as collateral or anything eh, just for you to take out some of your own money & then they telling you that your request wasn't approved & not even have enough respect to offer you even a lame reason.

I would NEVER recommend that anyone put even a Guyanese cent in any credit union.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 25th, 2018, 6:27 pm

For car loan bank is best

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » July 25th, 2018, 6:32 pm

88sins wrote:
Average wrote:Ok so hear this one, went to a CU to get a statement to provide to the bank for me to acquire a vehicle loan. I was told that I need to wait 24hrs, so I told them that in the past I have received it within 15 mins and pointed out the clerk who did this for me. They went in the back and huddled for a minute then returned asking why I needed the statement. I told them and they huddled again, only to return and say that THEIR manager needs a statement from me stating why I am not taking the loan with them. Yes you guys read that right. I immediately told them to cash me out and close my account, you know my statement arrived within 5 minutes......I closed the account two days later.

yeah, credit unions does try them kinda crap OFTEN. but u eh see nuttn yet boi
imaging having to write to someone 3 months in advance to ask them to release some of your money, not to close your account or seek financing, not like your money on hold as collateral or anything eh, just for you to take out some of your own money & then they telling you that your request wasn't approved & not even have enough respect to offer you even a lame reason.

I would NEVER recommend that anyone put even a Guyanese cent in any credit union.

And is years now i hearing some older folks preaching how vital it is to put money in a credit union, and to always have a loan with them 'to build credit.' Not realising their interest rates are higher than banks for identical loan schemes from mortgage and car to unsecured 'character' loans

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 25th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Credit union great for small loans and hassle free approval

You fridge gone thru and you doh want to deal with the Courts

BlueEarth
Riding on 13's

Postby BlueEarth » July 25th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Ammm anybody know if the bank does give loans to ojts? A car loan that is

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 25th, 2018, 8:48 pm

BlueEarth wrote:Ammm anybody know if the bank does give loans to ojts? A car loan that is
Your best chance is Scotia, if you have some cash you will get thru

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 26th, 2018, 6:33 am

BlueEarth wrote:Ammm anybody know if the bank does give loans to ojts? A car loan that is

if you have the assets to fully secure the transaction (50% in cash, + they hold title to the car as collateral), yeah ojt would gt, but they will need to see evidence of how long again you gonna be where you are, & the loan will likely be for the span of your employment.
If you could show you have a full time job lined up immediately for after the ojt stint even better.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » July 28th, 2018, 1:01 pm

sweeks wrote:Ques: When selling a vehicle, does the banks (mainly FCB) now need certified copy in the new owner's name when financing a vehicle? In the past they would have asked for a transfer chit to show proof of transfer before disbursing the payment cheque to the seller.

Can anyone advise on this?

Yes. The banks have upped everything you can think about. I sold a vehicle, got a certified cheque from the SAME bank, SAME branch that I went to deposit it and they wanted to not only see a copy of the receipt, but also a copy of the certified copy for the vehicle that was sold.

It grimy.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 28th, 2018, 1:20 pm

lol my wife went massy 2 weeks ago to check out a tucson

they offer her 90% financing wth 6% interest for 7 years

it had a issue where they never register her credit card on transunion system or something so her credit score was showing 0 , massy still approved the 90% financing but wanted a letter from republic bank saying she had a credit card with them and she was paying it off properly

when she gone republic to get the letter , they realize she gonna take a car loan and they said they could try to give her 100% financing at 5%

no scene

the loan officer take 2-3 days to call back to say the most they could give is 90% because she not salaried (self employed, so only monthly deposits as proof of income)

she tell the officer...nah doh study it...you take too long to call back, i will go with massy (this is yesterday)

yesterday evening 4:15 pm, a manager call from rbl to offer the full 100% financing at 5%

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 28th, 2018, 1:36 pm

100 % at 5% is a real good deal

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » July 28th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:lol my wife went massy 2 weeks ago to check out a tucson

they offer her 90% financing wth 6% interest for 7 years

it had a issue where they never register her credit card on transunion system or something so her credit score was showing 0 , massy still approved the 90% financing but wanted a letter from republic bank saying she had a credit card with them and she was paying it off properly

when she gone republic to get the letter , they realize she gonna take a car loan and they said they could try to give her 100% financing at 5%

no scene

the loan officer take 2-3 days to call back to say the most they could give is 90% because she not salaried (self employed, so only monthly deposits as proof of income)

she tell the officer...nah doh study it...you take too long to call back, i will go with massy (this is yesterday)

yesterday evening 4:15 pm, a manager call from rbl to offer the full 100% financing at 5%

They tusty for business right now. She should have counter bargain. Scotia doing 4.75 if I am not mistaken.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 5th, 2018, 9:33 am

^^

Credit Unions are better with loans .

If you miss ONE payment with a Bank or Credit Union ..

You are a sufferer ..

Per the financial circles secret society .

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » August 6th, 2018, 7:52 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Credit Unions are better with loans .

If you miss ONE payment with a Bank or Credit Union ..

You are a sufferer ..

Per the financial circles secret society .

I agree they are friendlier.

But the fine print is like...........

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”