The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed/ Side Hustle Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Re: The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed Thread

Postby Miktay » June 15th, 2016, 5:40 am

desifemlove wrote:
rspann wrote:You cannot just go into someones apt. and remove anything. You could be charged for breaking and entering,and larceny. The correct thing is to get a licensed bailiff ,he will register your claim in the court. He carries his transport, policemen and levies on them for the rent owed. He puts it in storage and they have a certain time to redeem it. If they don't he sells it and you are paid out of it. I have done this many times, but the best thing is to wait until after the first day of the second month so you levy for two months rent.When you do that they leave of their own accord. If you try to evict them you cannot collect rent after you give them the notice.
Tenants feel they have rights and do not realise that the owners have rights too.

but it your property, how can you burgle your property?

Renters have rights. Worse yet if there iza written lease.

A lease protects the lessee AND lessor.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RE: Re: The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed Thread

Postby rspann » June 15th, 2016, 7:06 am

supercharged turbo wrote:
rspann wrote:Btw,most tuners know him, he is one of us. I won't put up his name though.

De man with de evo?

Correct,very efficient.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 15th, 2016, 7:18 am

Miktay wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
rspann wrote:You cannot just go into someones apt. and remove anything. You could be charged for breaking and entering,and larceny. The correct thing is to get a licensed bailiff ,he will register your claim in the court. He carries his transport, policemen and levies on them for the rent owed. He puts it in storage and they have a certain time to redeem it. If they don't he sells it and you are paid out of it. I have done this many times, but the best thing is to wait until after the first day of the second month so you levy for two months rent.When you do that they leave of their own accord. If you try to evict them you cannot collect rent after you give them the notice.
Tenants feel they have rights and do not realise that the owners have rights too.

Read over what I wrote, and tell me what you think the last word,"too" means.
Tenants do have rights,and no landlord evicts any tenant for nothing. When a landlord wants to get rid of a tenant, it is for a reason ,either disturbance to other tenants ,damaging their property, not paying rent or something like that. Why would I want a tenant to move when I have to get another to replace them?

About the apartment being your property, so you can't burgle your property, it is your structure, but the tenant has possession because of the rent he pays. While he cannot damage it or he has restrictions, you cannot enter without his permission, or cut his supply of lights or water. There are laws for landlord and tenants I think it makes good reading ,also the bailiff act.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » June 15th, 2016, 10:16 am

rspann wrote:
Miktay wrote:
desifemlove wrote:

Read over what I wrote, and tell me what you think the last word,"too" means.
Tenants do have rights,and no landlord evicts any tenant for nothing. When a landlord wants to get rid of a tenant, it is for a reason ,either disturbance to other tenants ,damaging their property, not paying rent or something like that. Why would I want a tenant to move when I have to get another to replace them?

About the apartment being your property, so you can't burgle your property, it is your structure, but the tenant has possession because of the rent he pays. While he cannot damage it or he has restrictions, you cannot enter without his permission, or cut his supply of lights or water. There are laws for landlord and tenants I think it makes good reading ,also the bailiff act.

agree Rspann. was replying 2 desifemluv.

Lotta ppl think landlord could do anything he wants 2 renters just so...

Thiz iz not the case.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 15th, 2016, 10:35 am

Last edited by Ted_v2 on June 15th, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » June 15th, 2016, 11:17 am

Cool. Thanks 4 the info.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed Thread

Postby Trini Hookah » June 18th, 2016, 10:37 pm

rspann wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:
rspann wrote:Btw,most tuners know him, he is one of us. I won't put up his name though.

De man with de evo?

Correct,very efficient.

Hmm. Duane is a bad man.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » June 19th, 2016, 1:43 am

Is getting an accountant to do books advisable?

And if business is growing, is moving towards a limited liability framework cool? I'm thinking of making my parents silent shareholders, they can have most of the profits (i'll pay myself large salary from expenses), but me having operational control. is it expensive to do?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » June 19th, 2016, 9:55 pm

and which local skybox operators iz good?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 19th, 2016, 10:11 pm

desifemlove wrote:Is getting an accountant to do books advisable?

And if business is growing, is moving towards a limited liability framework cool? I'm thinking of making my parents silent shareholders, they can have most of the profits (i'll pay myself large salary from expenses), but me having operational control. is it expensive to do?

I would say mandatory.

The process is not expensive.

Set yourself up properly from the start.

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » June 21st, 2016, 10:17 pm

desifemlove wrote:and which local skybox operators iz good?

I use Aeropost. No problems and free returns!

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » June 22nd, 2016, 12:19 pm

Anybody has/knows someone who has commercial space/building space to rent in sangre grande? Doesn't have to be much.
Please pm me

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 22nd, 2016, 12:36 pm

Firewall wrote:Anybody has/knows someone who has commercial space/building space to rent in sangre grande? Doesn't have to be much.
Please pm me

I'll keep a look out for you

I have a apt for rent if u interested

bazzelhead
Ricer

Postby bazzelhead » September 9th, 2016, 5:57 pm

Does any1 know any bar for rent on the east west corridor or cental? Currently looking for 1

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 9th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Can anyone advise of a legislation that deals with Landlord/Renter rights?
Can get the Bailiff Act of the Ministry of Legal Affairs Website.
Have a few in a file on my desktop/Flashdrive.

With regards the Entrepeneur and self employed, I have found that if you are employed Full/Part time, having a sideline in local palance is a good thing. Even learn a new trade .....

Remember Wilbur Balgobin, start with a cart and grew to WILLIE'S ICE CREAM

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 10th, 2016, 1:42 pm

Also remember, don't do like Wilbur and run it back into the ground. Every thing was lost in the end.when you making money, cool it and spend it wisely ,the showing off and reckless behavior often leads to destruction.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 10th, 2016, 2:30 pm

rspann wrote:Also remember, don't do like Wilbur and run it back into the ground. Every thing was lost in the end.when you making money, cool it and spend it wisely ,the showing off and reckless behavior often leads to destruction.

so doh put the 22"s on the B15 then?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 10th, 2016, 3:58 pm

eliteauto wrote:
rspann wrote:Also remember, don't do like Wilbur and run it back into the ground. Every thing was lost in the end.when you making money, cool it and spend it wisely ,the showing off and reckless behavior often leads to destruction.

Exactly, you can't have champagne taste with mauby money.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 10th, 2016, 7:19 pm

rspann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Oh goarr you didn't have to hurt my feelings so #putinplace

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 10th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Damn good advice. The problem with family owned business is that the owner wears the crown as opposed to the business. Someone can ask Kama Maharaj of Sacha Cosmetic fame how he is doing it.

Things went belly up when he died. No succession planning, as he had a wife and children who could have done a good job, if it was taken into account,

Development Finance Limited on Cipriani Boulevard can help. They have a programme on Power 102.1 Fm. Give them a call.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 10th, 2016, 10:25 pm

eliteauto wrote:
rspann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Oh goarr you didn't have to hurt my feelings so #putinplace

I know that you definitely not in that category, you only trying to establish a point tactfully.

Keeshan Bachan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Keeshan Bachan » September 10th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Anybody have office work to offer to a female?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » September 10th, 2016, 11:33 pm

OK, ive started an ecommerce business, but which is the best for business bank accounts? is republic any good? what about the smaller banks like JMMB (used to be intercommercial), or bank of baroda?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 11th, 2016, 12:59 am

dude2014 wrote:

Damn good advice. The problem with family owned business is that the owner wears the crown as opposed to the business. Someone can ask Kama Maharaj of Sacha Cosmetic fame how he is doing it.

Things went belly up when he died. No succession planning, as he had a wife and children who could have done a good job, if it was taken into account,

Development Finance Limited on Cipriani Boulevard can help. They have a programme on Power 102.1 Fm. Give them a call.

That is a consideration with entrepreneurship that many don't factor in. Succession planning is important in keeping the business going. Just recently I saw a successful business close owing to the death of the founder despite having a family. Clients were suddenly left hanging as bookings were cancelled some mere days before they were due. That's definitely a good point raised there

A172

Postby A172 » September 11th, 2016, 7:43 am

desifemlove wrote:OK, ive started an ecommerce business, but which is the best for business bank accounts? is republic any good? what about the smaller banks like JMMB (used to be intercommercial), or bank of baroda?

hv no best, any profitable business would hv accts in several banks

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 11th, 2016, 7:49 am

desifemlove wrote:OK, ive started an ecommerce business, but which is the best for business bank accounts? is republic any good? what about the smaller banks like JMMB (used to be intercommercial), or bank of baroda?

It depends on the relationship you build with them.I made an effort to treat the tellers nice and be pleasant....and it certainly pays off. It would be the individuals that go the extra mile that gets the bank to work for you.

My recent experience in opening a co account for a start up.

JMMB has a difficult opening process-its expensive,the bank has to do a site visit and you oodles of paperwork.Once this is done -they will let you know IF its approved.-Their downside is thei lack of branches.

FCB/Scotia MAY wave the site visit if you bank with them theyr were some what cheaper-I ended up at SBTT -and frankly the set up to take cheques via the ATM...AND CLEAR QUICKLY is something I use and value...their e banking platform is pretty good as well.

FCBs e banking is good- and Ive had good experience their -but that is just at the one branch I sweet talk everybody at already.

I would start where you bank and see what they say.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 11th, 2016, 2:52 pm

Check a few of the recommendations mentioned above. It is useless to ask relatives, even if they know sometimes. Remember the KISS RULE: KEEP IT SIMPLE AND SUCCEED!

Remember to enquire about COMMINGLING OF FUNDS.

i HAVE STOPPED TALKING MY BUSINESS WITH RELATIVES!!!!!!!!!!! and guess what, I am succeeding. Check Development Finance Limited as you may also need business advise and sometimes help with financing, business plans, expansion, etc.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » September 11th, 2016, 2:54 pm

What's the best way to receive large amounts of PayPal money using a Trinidad account. VTMs have too many restrictions.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 11th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Daran wrote:What's the best way to receive large amounts of PayPal money using a Trinidad account. VTMs have too many restrictions.

I'm very interested in this info as well

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » September 11th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Daran wrote:What's the best way to receive large amounts of PayPal money using a Trinidad account. VTMs have too many restrictions.

Get a visa debit card, or any trinidad-issued Visa card.

The only other option is USD bank account, but this has to be hosted in the US proper, not a USD account from a Trinidad bank.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”