Forums

The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed/ Side Hustle Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed Thread

Postby zoom rader » June 10th, 2016, 8:51 am

Best bet is being a landlord 8 apartments @ 2500, that 20k tax free once you find the right renters.
A lil maintenance now and then plus yard man to clean up ect and that's easy money.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » June 10th, 2016, 2:10 pm

zoom rader wrote:Best bet is being a landlord 8 apartments @ 2500, that 20k tax free once you find the right renters.
A lil maintenance now and then plus yard man to clean up ect and that's easy money.

ZR: what does one of these apts cost?

And in what area?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 10th, 2016, 6:06 pm

I'll post a story about a roti shop I helped setup. Lasted 2 months, road traffic was the problem.

Reez100
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Reez100 » June 10th, 2016, 9:39 pm

opened a small hardware one year ago thinking bout counting my losses n calling it quits after investing everything

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 10th, 2016, 9:40 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:I'll post a story about a roti shop I helped setup. Lasted 2 months, road traffic was the problem.

Reez100 wrote:opened a small hardware one year ago thinking bout counting my losses n calling it quits after investing everything

would you care to share your experiences?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 10th, 2016, 9:46 pm

First time I actually seeing this thread and browsing in it.

They placed me with the AC crew at my job, been there just over a year. I'm a fast learner so some things I am pretty capable of.

Decided to start doing servicing and troubleshooting on my own on the outside (not keen on installation but I will do it if a job arises). Bought all my equipment (quality stuff) and have it.

Money is good and there is a market for it.

My main competitors not too competent and the rest are youtube learned technicians. Have a background in electrical engineering and im talented with my hands. My work speaks for itself against that of my competitors.

Thinking about getting certified in it soon and registering a business.

Reez100
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Reez100 » June 10th, 2016, 9:53 pm

i stock quality brand products, but the minimum quantity you have to buy locally to get a good price for example 1/2" pipe the minimum quantity is 500 when will that sell out to turn over the money and that is just one item

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » June 10th, 2016, 10:02 pm

let us kno when u have closing down sale, I looking for some stuff

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 10th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Reez100 wrote:i stock quality brand products, but the minimum quantity you have to buy locally to get a good price for example 1/2" pipe the minimum quantity is 500 when will that sell out to turn over the money and that is just one item

what's the possibility of linking with contractors or developers?

Reez100
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Reez100 » June 10th, 2016, 10:14 pm

did that! hear how it goes they want 30days credit, no problem, what happens when the contractor doesnt get paid and you hadda pay your suppliers n their credit runs for more than 120 days suppliers dont want to hear that

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » June 11th, 2016, 12:06 am

kjaglal76v2 wrote:let us kno when u have closing down sale, I looking for some stuff

x2

liquidmetal
Street 2NR

Postby liquidmetal » June 12th, 2016, 9:00 am

desifemlove wrote:What's best for accepting online payments??

i does have a Payza, but getting a visa card to use Paypal. Another else than Paypal?

Have you looked at using Stripe? Depending on the type of site you have, I can help set that up for you.
https://hivesource.me/hivejobs/setup-your-website-to-accept-online-payments?ref=wsn

That is how I currently process visa/mastercard payments on my platform. I have access to funds within 2 working days. None of that PayPal 21 days waiting crap.

There are other providers on the link above that can help out with other things as well.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » June 13th, 2016, 5:22 am

Reez100 wrote:did that! hear how it goes they want 30days credit, no problem, what happens when the contractor doesnt get paid and you hadda pay your suppliers n their credit runs for more than 120 days suppliers dont want to hear that

Sorry 2 hear...but alotta Caribbean small bidnesses want 180 day terms...

Emmar01
3NE 2NR for life

Putting a car on the road

Postby Emmar01 » June 14th, 2016, 10:54 am

Didn't get any responses or advice from triniTuner so I did my own research. Posting here for others to add/subtract/comment for you budding entrepreneurs out there...
Points to consider:
1) You have to have regular contact with the driver. Take copies of his DP and ID#, and even visit his home randomly to make sure he's legit. Better yet, hire someone you know and trust
2) The real inducement for the driver to take care of the vehicle is to make an arrangement that after X years he will own the car outright. Make sure that over the X years you manage to make back your money and then some
3) Put a GPS on the car so that you know if the driver is laheying or really working. At the end of the day however (pun intended), all you should be concerned about is that you get your weekly payment. What he does outside of that shouldn't be too much of a concern
4) Specify the route you want him to ply, so that if its convenient to you, you can monitor it
5) Specify that the first $XXX of any repairs due to mechanical or collision damages will be paid by him. This is a bit tricky to enforce though, as most of the time the poor guy doesn't have that kind of cash to begin with

Hope this helps.

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » June 14th, 2016, 11:40 am

Gong back to renting apartments, how do you deal with non-payers, the eviction process and so on.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » June 14th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Monitor your webcams an wait till they go out then u send some moving men to remove their belongings an store them safely somewhere in a shipping container

Stick up a invoice for the rents owed including the moving men and the monthly safe storage charges on the locked gates

an then u wait until they cough up the dough.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 14th, 2016, 3:02 pm

You cannot just go into someones apt. and remove anything. You could be charged for breaking and entering,and larceny. The correct thing is to get a licensed bailiff ,he will register your claim in the court. He carries his transport, policemen and levies on them for the rent owed. He puts it in storage and they have a certain time to redeem it. If they don't he sells it and you are paid out of it. I have done this many times, but the best thing is to wait until after the first day of the second month so you levy for two months rent.When you do that they leave of their own accord. If you try to evict them you cannot collect rent after you give them the notice.
Tenants feel they have rights and do not realise that the owners have rights too.

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » June 14th, 2016, 4:08 pm

I heard not to rent to police, TTDF, fire service - any truth to that?

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 14th, 2016, 7:18 pm

^^^Some good info

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 14th, 2016, 7:28 pm

trinigamer wrote:I heard not to rent to police, TTDF, fire service - any truth to that?

I never had bad experiences with any of them so I won't say they bad. Sometimes the ones who you least expect it from are the delinquents.Right now I have quite a few Policemen /women and no problems. Security guards sometimes get money problems though. The policeman who fell to his death in Penal was a former tenant of mine for years and never gave any trouble although people feared him while on the job.
Last edited by rspann on June 14th, 2016, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 14th, 2016, 8:14 pm

What are typical charges to get a bailiff to do this ?

rspann wrote:You cannot just go into someones apt. and remove anything. You could be charged for breaking and entering,and larceny. The correct thing is to get a licensed bailiff ,he will register your claim in the court. He carries his transport, policemen and levies on them for the rent owed. He puts it in storage and they have a certain time to redeem it. If they don't he sells it and you are paid out of it. I have done this many times, but the best thing is to wait until after the first day of the second month so you levy for two months rent.When you do that they leave of their own accord. If you try to evict them you cannot collect rent after you give them the notice.
Tenants feel they have rights and do not realise that the owners have rights too.

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby JF.K » June 14th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Inside for info..

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 14th, 2016, 8:26 pm

He charges one months rent,in this case $3000 or $3500. The thing is he has to seize enough to cover his cost too. The guy I use , does not ask me for payment up front. He does the job and then takes his payment when he sell the goods..his fee includes his truck and police support .

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 14th, 2016, 8:27 pm

Btw,most tuners know him, he is one of us. I won't put up his name though.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 14th, 2016, 9:22 pm

So hopefully there will be a flat screen tv or two plus other easily sold items

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Re: Putting a car on the road

Postby Miktay » June 14th, 2016, 10:17 pm

Emmar01 wrote:Didn't get any responses or advice from triniTuner so I did my own research. Posting here for others to add/subtract/comment for you budding entrepreneurs out there...
Points to consider:
1) You have to have regular contact with the driver. Take copies of his DP and ID#, and even visit his home randomly to make sure he's legit. Better yet, hire someone you know and trust
2) The real inducement for the driver to take care of the vehicle is to make an arrangement that after X years he will own the car outright. Make sure that over the X years you manage to make back your money and then some
3) Put a GPS on the car so that you know if the driver is laheying or really working. At the end of the day however (pun intended), all you should be concerned about is that you get your weekly payment. What he does outside of that shouldn't be too much of a concern
4) Specify the route you want him to ply, so that if its convenient to you, you can monitor it
5) Specify that the first $XXX of any repairs due to mechanical or collision damages will be paid by him. This is a bit tricky to enforce though, as most of the time the poor guy doesn't have that kind of cash to begin with

Hope this helps.

Some men w/replace ur original parts 4 Taiwanese or 2nd hand...

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » June 14th, 2016, 11:01 pm

Any advice for someone interested in selling original art?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed Thread

Postby supercharged turbo » June 14th, 2016, 11:57 pm

rspann wrote:Btw,most tuners know him, he is one of us. I won't put up his name though.

De man with de evo?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » June 15th, 2016, 12:27 am

rspann wrote:You cannot just go into someones apt. and remove anything. You could be charged for breaking and entering,and larceny. The correct thing is to get a licensed bailiff ,he will register your claim in the court. He carries his transport, policemen and levies on them for the rent owed. He puts it in storage and they have a certain time to redeem it. If they don't he sells it and you are paid out of it. I have done this many times, but the best thing is to wait until after the first day of the second month so you levy for two months rent.When you do that they leave of their own accord. If you try to evict them you cannot collect rent after you give them the notice.

but it your property, how can you burgle your property?

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Putting a car on the road

Postby Work_to_own » June 15th, 2016, 1:13 am

Emmar01 wrote:5) Specify that the first $XXX of any repairs due to mechanical or collision damages will be paid by him. This is a bit tricky to enforce though, as most of the time the poor guy doesn't have that kind of cash to begin with

Once the deal is work to own, any repairs/mechanical maintenance is handled by the driver of the vehicle...

If a boy just "wukking" a car for you with no prospect of owning it, the onus is on you, the owner to maintain it.

Well at least that's how I do it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”