TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed/ Side Hustle Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Making Different Income Streams In T&T (Business,Hustling,Careers,ETC)

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 22nd, 2018, 3:05 pm

is to hear people trying to push that amway BS,...real lolz we

Trinispougla
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Trinispougla » May 22nd, 2018, 3:54 pm

I think doing a degree is still the wisest course of action. You need to have the slip of paper under your belt. A Trinidad and Tobago national does not need to work in TT. All the other islands are lacking trained persons in critical sectors and through the CSME, you can legally work in the other islands. Guyana is another signatory to that agreement and they are underdeveloped in all sectors. But i honestly think agriculture is the best bet. Hydroponics is expensive to start up, with the motors and canals, but it seems to have relatively secure returns on the investment

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 22nd, 2018, 5:55 pm

Trinispougla wrote:I think doing a degree is still the wisest course of action. You need to have the slip of paper under your belt. A Trinidad and Tobago national does not need to work in TT. All the other islands are lacking trained persons in critical sectors and through the CSME, you can legally work in the other islands. Guyana is another signatory to that agreement and they are underdeveloped in all sectors. But i honestly think agriculture is the best bet. Hydroponics is expensive to start up, with the motors and canals, but it seems to have relatively secure returns on the investment

true, but a degree from UWI or UTT eh worth the paper it's printed on anywhere else in the world outside the region.

& lol at sayin ppl could look for wuk in Guyana, when even the Guyanese don't want to stay & wuk in Guyana

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 22nd, 2018, 7:23 pm

Good topic @ OP.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 22nd, 2018, 7:38 pm

Not sure why people still saying to go get a "degree" when in reality people can't get jobs with "degrees" these days, I mean there is medical degrees, engineering degrees that you can get a job and then carnival degrees and history degrees and business degrees even IT degrees that people can't get jobs with.

Friend of mine has his BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering for the last 5 years and out of those 5 years he was employed for only 2 years even though he sent in hundreds of resumes. Where I work we get hundreds of resumes for the month for jobs we do not have and never will have for those people.

The honest thing to do right now is encourage young people to do a trade, this is what is lacking and has the best chance for someone to get employment. Good tradesmen are hard to find and people WILL pay the money for quality work I can tell you this as a fact. There is a stigma attached to tradesmen which is all of them are alcoholics etc which isn't true

Right now if you are a mechanic you get through, money real nice in that field. You can build a big house in that field while University grads begging for a wuk that pays $5000 a month and can't even find that.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 22nd, 2018, 8:16 pm

Like this tread going...a Lot of golden points here..the current emerging generation ain't wanna work them want thing easy

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 22nd, 2018, 9:24 pm

Rell men in here claiming that "young people just want it easy"

People dont seem to realise that that is what was drilled into peoples heads from young, since primary school. Especially those in the indo working and middle class

Getting a degree, especially in med/law/eng is not an "easy route." The job stagnation is just a result of that oversaturation of young professionals entering the workplace since $4$ and GATE

Men in here rell like to praise the wisdom of the older generation but fail to realise that job saturation and abundance of unemployed professionals is partly a direct consequence of that mentality, lest you 'shame' your parents by going against their wishes

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 23rd, 2018, 6:17 am

ProtonPowder wrote:Rell men in here claiming that "young people just want it easy"

yuh might not believe it or enjoy hearing it, but that doesn't make it any less true. I wouldn't say all, but most youth today too lazy & self entitled to have a clue about what hard work really is & have zero interest in going tru all dat effort for what dey want..

ProtonPowder wrote:People dont seem to realise that that is what was drilled into peoples heads from young, since primary school. Especially those in the indo working and middle class

Getting a degree, especially in med/law/eng is not an "easy route." The job stagnation is just a result of that oversaturation of young professionals entering the workplace since $4$ and GATE

Men in here rell like to praise the wisdom of the older generation but fail to realise that job saturation and abundance of unemployed professionals is partly a direct consequence of that mentality, lest you 'shame' your parents by going against their wishes

because everybody want to push dey pikney to be either a lawyer or a doctor or a engineer, not thinking that it has other jobs and careers, that tho it might be hard work is still a very satisfying & well paying career choice.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 23rd, 2018, 6:43 am

88sins wrote:yuh might not believe it or enjoy hearing it, but that doesn't make it any less true. I wouldn't say all, but most youth today too lazy & self entitled to have a clue about what hard work really is & have zero interest in going tru all dat effort for what dey want..

because everybody want to push dey pikney to be either a lawyer or a doctor or a engineer, not thinking that it has other jobs and careers, that tho it might be hard work is still a very satisfying & well paying career choice.

Maybe the youths you know is one thing, and the youths i know is another thing, but around me, the biggest gatekeepers to success are the older workers themselves. It dont matter what field we talking about.
They dont want some young upstart to come with any kind of energy, they exclude young people from any kind of professional development and dont want to mentor anyone. Many old professionals do the bare minimum to keep their certifications and kick the young crabs back in the bucket when they work towards getting theirs.

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 30th, 2018, 12:21 am

Keep it coming guys, yall dropping some solid facts and information

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 30th, 2018, 12:25 am

The_Honourable wrote:Education up to secondary level is important but it needs to be reformed. Tertiary level you have to be sure on your choices to get a job which many find out the hard way when it's time to go in the job market. That being said, don't be naive to think that one stream of income is enough. It will be enough if you are single and have no mortgage.

Network Marketing is good but pyramid schemes and dishonesty runs amok especially for the past 12 years in T&T.

Forex and Crypto are also good but just like network marketing, dishonesty and schemes are at play right now.

Farming is a good option but there are poor support systems to keep it alive and people nowadays don't want to plant. Easier to use the land to build real estate.

Tutoring/Mentoring is a very good option. Should be looked into.

Can't go wrong opening a business... but you have to satisfy a need and have some form of competitive advantage which many people miss. I'm seeing some being brash especially in the network marketing side opening a "group of companies" calling themselves entrepreneurs hoping to be the next Sabga yet they are financially in the red. If you are selling Nutralite and calling yourself an entrepreneur because you read a Robert Kiyosaki book (his books are good), you are deluding yourself. The real entrepreneurs are the ones who own nutralite/amway and the 1st set of people who started the business in a country.

Once you have a skill, hustling is good. Developing your skills and being honest with your customers will be jackpot down the road.

Good points man

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 30th, 2018, 12:26 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Not sure why people still saying to go get a "degree" when in reality people can't get jobs with "degrees" these days, I mean there is medical degrees, engineering degrees that you can get a job and then carnival degrees and history degrees and business degrees even IT degrees that people can't get jobs with.

Friend of mine has his BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering for the last 5 years and out of those 5 years he was employed for only 2 years even though he sent in hundreds of resumes. Where I work we get hundreds of resumes for the month for jobs we do not have and never will have for those people.

The honest thing to do right now is encourage young people to do a trade, this is what is lacking and has the best chance for someone to get employment. Good tradesmen are hard to find and people WILL pay the money for quality work I can tell you this as a fact. There is a stigma attached to tradesmen which is all of them are alcoholics etc which isn't true

Right now if you are a mechanic you get through, money real nice in that field. You can build a big house in that field while University grads begging for a wuk that pays $5000 a month and can't even find that.

I honestly can agree with that since I seeing it first hand.

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 30th, 2018, 12:28 am

urbandilema wrote:Or btw anyone does do real estate what's the basics to learn that in trinidad

Real Estate In What Regrad? If you mean buying and selling then you either had to be blessed with land from the start or have serious capital. Most successful people only go into real estate when they have a couple million they are willing to risk.

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 30th, 2018, 12:28 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:sure second income ventures:

build apartments and rent it...
a good rum shop
a good food place

these 3 things will always survive in Trinidad

true

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 30th, 2018, 12:29 am

88sins wrote:op, lemme put it like this
a lot of ppl get a degree, with teh idea in mind that it will net them a job that pays a lot of money. but what they don't consider is what happens if the field in which they have the degree is saturated & they can't a job that easily. A degree kinda useless if you can't find a job to utilize the skills you learned in theory in school.

If a person is good with their hands AND brains, a trade isn't a bad option as an alternative to a degree. And depending on what their skill set is, a trade that you start as a part time side income thing or hobby can be turned into a business very easily, depending on how hard you want to work at making it a business of course. Plenty ppl do this on a regular basis.
Of those you mentioned farming have good money in it & a person could make a god living doing it once they established themselves & their routines, but be forewarned it have real plenty work, expense, headache & risk to get started in it before you see enough returns to break even or even make you feel like it worth the effort. Only hard working, tenacious & patient ppl make it as farmers, crops or livestock alike.
You mentioned tutoring/mentoring. It really don't have much of a profitable market for that here outside the bigger more established institutions.

Anybody asks me this kinda question I tell them all the same thing, just get a job to start. Any job, it doesn't matter what it might be, as long as it earns you at least enough to keep you fed, clothed & housed. If you could save something from it better still. Then study what you good at (if anything at all), and see how you could turn that into a side business, then gradually turn that side business into a full time business.
& yes I said it, (if yuh good at anything at all) cuz some ppl eh good at nuttn more than wasting God good air & space. Productivity is against dey religion, & if yuh tell dem to work hard & sacrifice to get what they want is like u tell dem to kill deyself or yuh cuss dey mudda.
Short story shorter, only you could know what you good at & how hard you willing to push yuhself to make it out here.

Straightforward and solid info

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » May 30th, 2018, 1:22 am

Robbing legit businesses. Either as a gunta or as a politician. Good money in them thing and tax free dollars you earning every day. :lol: :lol: :bday:

You could make in a day what someone ketching their tail to make in a month. :drinking: :drinking:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 30th, 2018, 10:11 am

Uber, oh wait...............

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 1st, 2018, 1:50 am

R3TROB3N wrote:
urbandilema wrote:Or btw anyone does do real estate what's the basics to learn that in trinidad

Real Estate In What Regrad? If you mean buying and selling then you either had to be blessed with land from the start or have serious capital. Most successful people only go into real estate when they have a couple million they are willing to risk.

ROYTEC has a course on it: http://www.roytec.edu/index.php?option= ... Itemid=549

It's well rounded especially if you want to be an agent.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » June 1st, 2018, 6:03 am

The_Honourable wrote:
R3TROB3N wrote:

ROYTEC has a course on it: http://www.roytec.edu/index.php?option= ... Itemid=549

It's well rounded especially if you want to be an agent.
Thanks man will check it out

Youngstar1989
Street 2NR

Small business ideas, opportunities and suggestions in TT

Postby Youngstar1989 » September 28th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Tuners, whats some good small business ideas advice you can give.

Eg. Car rental... 3 cars a mth.. insurance full comprehensive...

By a Maxi taxi for som1 to work.

Share your ideas and proven ways of making legal cash in Trinidad.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Re: Small business ideas, opportunities and suggestions in TT

Postby Daran » September 28th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Maxi, play whe, doubles, ph, rent a car, rent apartments...all work

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » September 28th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Daran wrote:Maxi, play whe, doubles, ph, rent a car, rent apartments...all work

1. Use Youtube and learn photography to be a self named photography business. Let your GF/woman be your model then let her learn makeup. Post on Facebook and share, soon enough you'd get gigs. :lol:

If no girlfriend/woman, link with partyboats and take pics for those boat cruises and "parties".

2. Go on Used Trini Cars on FB or here. Buy ah ole almera. Wait 1-2 months, then tell someone you have a car for sale on a deal with a downpayment. Collect money weekly. As soon as you make enough, buy another car and repeat.

3. Trade FOREX and join the pyramid scheme life.

4. Open a carwash in your community.

5. Sell doubles in your community.

6. Buy fruits in the market, buy plastic cups from factory, and sell fruit bowls.

7. Print jerseys and sell.

8. Sell food. Buy chicken and fries wholesale and sell on fridays and saturdays.

I can go on and on.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » September 28th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Food, can't go wrong.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 28th, 2018, 3:21 pm

aidan wrote:Food, can't go wrong.
Food have the highest rare of failure tho.

Watch how much small food place does open and barely make a 6months....

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm

As long as your food tasting good you supposed to make money cuz if it tasting bess people won't mind paying a little more money for it

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 28th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Big man, it to late to invest in this country. The economy is just gonna keep declining until we reach like Venezuela.

People losing their jobs, and whatever small money people have they ain't going to waste it.
Pretty soon a lot of businesses gonna shutdown.

But it doh matter. Once rowley and kamla could sleep safe in their mansions I happy.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 28th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Agriculture - lots of potential but it's hard work. If you have the space at home you can do some container planting and/or set up a small hydroponics system and see how it goes. You can expand incrementally thereafter.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 28th, 2018, 4:19 pm

ent it have some threads on this same topic aready ....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2018, 4:22 pm

rent is a big part of that too
a food business needs to be very tight and efficient with cost controls

there is a burger vendor on the ave which doing at least 300 burgers/night/7 days at $35-40
plus other things like hot dogs, fries
their product is very good and consistent

*KRONIK* wrote:
aidan wrote:Food, can't go wrong.
Food have the highest rare of failure tho.

Watch how much small food place does open and barely make a 6months....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 28th, 2018, 4:32 pm

most food places their food dont taste good dise why they dont last or they start up good then standards drop badly within a short space of time so they end up bussing ...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”