Forums

The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed/ Side Hustle Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: The Trinituner Entrepreneurship/Self Employed/ Side Hustle Thread

Postby hindian » April 19th, 2021, 8:58 am

Fellas I applied for my taxi badge a few days ago as I have basically been unemployed for most of the year. I used to work in the entertainment industry and we all know the status of that. I'm gonna be selling my pickup to purchase a car to work on the road. Question is, where do I go to get the most trips/ money? I know nothing about this industry so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 19th, 2021, 8:59 am

for starters you need to decide if you looking at long trip or short trips

hindian wrote:Fellas I applied for my taxi badge a few days ago as I have basically been unemployed for most of the year. I used to work in the entertainment industry and we all know the status of that. I'm gonna be selling my pickup to purchase a car to work on the road. Question is, where do I go to get the most trips/ money? I know nothing about this industry so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » April 19th, 2021, 9:16 am

Pros and cons of both?
pugboy wrote:for starters you need to decide if you looking at long trip or short trips

hindian wrote:Fellas I applied for my taxi badge a few days ago as I have basically been unemployed for most of the year. I used to work in the entertainment industry and we all know the status of that. I'm gonna be selling my pickup to purchase a car to work on the road. Question is, where do I go to get the most trips/ money? I know nothing about this industry so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

ftitan
Street 2NR

Postby ftitan » April 19th, 2021, 11:38 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Richard23 wrote:What are you opinions on farming ?

Good idea...wonder if anyone got into this.

I got into that. Biggest way to make money is to be a thief tbh. I put down 4 acres in plantain and they steal it when the thing still small and premature just to make sure I ain't reap first. Police is a waste of time so you need to come good with your traps or live on the land with a firearm.

Smaller scale could be seasoning/greens hydroponics and aquaponics if you like fish. Just remember the money will be in produce and not really the fish. I knew a guy who use the dutch bucket system to grow beefsteak tomatoes for groceries and marts from his backyard. He made a decent profit on it.

Other option is propagation. It have plenty demand for red lady papaya, pepper and seasoning seedlings by the crate. Or anything that's a short crop. Best bet is to find your farmers and let them place an order.

If you know how to graft/airlayer and have access to proper rootstock, you'll make a killing. Especially in the exotic fruit tree market. It have real conmen and men who doing sheit in that area but they thriving. So once you make an honest name for yourself, you'll have a loyal following.
Just don't try to bring in exotic/new fruit trees unless you have a solid link in plant quarantine. It have reeeaaaal horror stories with them. The corruption worse than license office once they take a liking to your selection.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 20th, 2021, 5:38 am

hindian wrote:Pros and cons of both?
pugboy wrote:for starters you need to decide if you looking at long trip or short trips

cng/hybrid vehicle go be a plus. i heard men working pos to chag or curepe to chag making $800 a day using a royal saloon with cng but this was pre covid so i cant say for these days. install a dash cam that looking front, rear and inside the vehicle to protect your self from false accusation is also a + in that industry.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 20th, 2021, 5:50 am

Farming on a large scale requires $. Land tenure is most important if you are to benefit from any of the initiatives being offered. Farmer's card comes after. If you have good water supply, proper road access, nobody stealing produce, not being affected by flood etc. Go for it!

Otherwise plant something in the back of your house and feed your family. Speaking from experience. If you want to do a short term crop to flip $ fast, you can!! Just know its a 24/7 thing. Other than that, farming is real pain here

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 20th, 2021, 5:52 am

the ultimate taxi is a toyota voxy or a 141 fielder with a cng kit.
short trips are sometimes not profitable, most drivers rush these kinda stands and its always a big line on the stand. Hustling is a gamble because sometimes the road does be dead. I hear up POS does be a cool hustle in front some terminal.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 20th, 2021, 5:56 am

People does make good money as drivers with those ride sharing apps. Well while clubs and restaurants were open they did. Had a padna use to clear 10k a month just working weekends. The hard hours though. Start work 7pm and stop 7am from Friday to Sunday

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 20th, 2021, 9:17 am

ftitan wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Good idea...wonder if anyone got into this.

I got into that. Biggest way to make money is to be a thief tbh. I put down 4 acres in plantain and they steal it when the thing still small and premature just to make sure I ain't reap first. Police is a waste of time so you need to come good with your traps or live on the land with a firearm.

Smaller scale could be seasoning/greens hydroponics and aquaponics if you like fish. Just remember the money will be in produce and not really the fish. I knew a guy who use the dutch bucket system to grow beefsteak tomatoes for groceries and marts from his backyard. He made a decent profit on it.

Other option is propagation. It have plenty demand for red lady papaya, pepper and seasoning seedlings by the crate. Or anything that's a short crop. Best bet is to find your farmers and let them place an order.

If you know how to graft/airlayer and have access to proper rootstock, you'll make a killing. Especially in the exotic fruit tree market. It have real conmen and men who doing sheit in that area but they thriving. So once you make an honest name for yourself, you'll have a loyal following.
Just don't try to bring in exotic/new fruit trees unless you have a solid link in plant quarantine. It have reeeaaaal horror stories with them. The corruption worse than license office once they take a liking to your selection.

Thanks for this response....very informative.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 20th, 2021, 10:20 am

What are some definite money losing ideas to avoid. eg cellphone store..

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » April 20th, 2021, 11:21 am

daring dragoon wrote:
hindian wrote:Pros and cons of both?

cng/hybrid vehicle go be a plus. i heard men working pos to chag or curepe to chag making $800 a day using a royal saloon with cng but this was pre covid so i cant say for these days. install a dash cam that looking front, rear and inside the vehicle to protect your self from false accusation is also a + in that industry.
This is the info I wanted to get , thank you. I don't have Voxy or Fielder money right now so I gotta work with what I can afford for the time being ( Almera, C32/33 Laurel?) Until I get back on my feet again. I know some people doing the TT rideshare thing and they make decent money from it so I'm gonna definitely be looking into that. Long hours and traffic are things I'm accustomed to so no biggie. Thanks fellas.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 20th, 2021, 11:25 am

wtf wrote:What are some definite money losing ideas to avoid. eg cellphone store..

Hello wtf,

I would say hiring most Trinis is a definite money losing idea.

Its very unfortunate that the small portion of hard working Trinis have to suffer due to the piss poor work ethic/etiquette of the majority of their fellow countrymen.

Many of our ideas and dreams are thrashed from lack of support.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 20th, 2021, 12:08 pm

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 20th, 2021, 1:18 pm

wtf wrote:What are some definite money losing ideas to avoid. eg cellphone store..

Giving someone to work taxi for you.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 20th, 2021, 1:23 pm

Any business can make money but not everyone can make money from any business.

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » April 20th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Tax free
Flexable workin hrs
No transport needed, use closest corner
20210420_140033.jpeg
20210420_140033.jpeg (23.21 KiB) Viewed 3234 times

katiedido
Street 2NR

Postby katiedido » April 20th, 2021, 2:51 pm

I've realized there is a crop that grows locally but has the advantage of big demand that isn't at all met with supply in US,Canada, europe (they cannot grow it themselves) yet no demand at all in Trinidad so there's no risk of theft. I'd like to get some land and harvest it(it grows locally with little intervention needed) but have no experience in farming.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 24th, 2021, 12:51 pm

katiedido wrote:I've realized there is a crop that grows locally but has the advantage of big demand that isn't at all met with supply in US,Canada, europe (they cannot grow it themselves) yet no demand at all in Trinidad so there's no risk of theft. I'd like to get some land and harvest it(it grows locally with little intervention needed) but have no experience in farming.

That is pimento or what.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 24th, 2021, 1:06 pm

adnj wrote:Image

Lol adnj

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 24th, 2021, 1:21 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Hello wtf,

Its very unfortunate that the small portion of hard working Trinis have to suffer due to the piss poor work ethic/etiquette of the majority of their fellow countrymen.

Correct assumption :D

The 1% business owners have been saying this for years - that our local work force lazy .

Everyone wants a Gov't job and what is happening NOW .

T&T Gov't borrowing $$$$ and depleting Heritage Fund to pay these local workers .

So tax payers money is being depleted and T&T cannot pay it's bills - hence we beg for vaccines .

Hiring Vene, Chinese etc., peeps etc., is a solution .

They are productive and T&T youth labor force only picking up guns and drugs and ranking.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 24th, 2021, 1:43 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello wtf,

The 1% business owners have been saying this for years - that our local work force lazy .

T&T Gov't borrowing $$$$ and depleting Heritage Fund to pay these local workers .

So tax payers money is being depleted and T&T cannot pay it's bills - hence we beg for vaccines .

They are productive and T&T youth labor force only picking up guns and drugs and ranking.
How will the trini man eat if you dont hire him?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 25th, 2021, 6:43 pm

wtf wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello wtf,

Why would you hire a Trini if he does not work ?

The White Paper revealed :

CEPEP ( then WASA, T&TEC, NFM, TSTT etc. ) was created to give Trini a job via Gov't logically in-depth analysis .

Meanwhile private sector 1% and the other productive peeps want to hire a working & productive individual .

Hence they hire Venes and other people ( peeps from foreign etc.,) too exhaustive a list to mention.

It's technically known as " division of labor" Trini Style .

The Venes etc., do not depend on Gov't handouts such baby milk and baby biscuit which Gov't has decided to stop since the people kick water on them when they tell Gov't help us .

Vene work and save money and enjoy a community that is supportive and enjoy life while the Trini worker is mentally and financially controlled by the Gov't so that THEY can enjoy THEIR life .

The Vene and other peeps are happy to work with private business and thrive for stability and success with family and friends .

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 27th, 2021, 2:51 pm

What about franchises?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 27th, 2021, 8:32 pm

i do simple automotive repairs as a sideline.
oil changes, brakes, suspension, tune-ups etc, I charge very little compared to most full-time techs. 200-300 for a job is usually what I charge. i service ford rangers t6 for 250 for my regulars.
oil fuel-air, tire rotation, brakes adjust and clean, lube windows, rear spare tire hanger, grease what needs to be greased. takes a couple of hours, I torque everything to manufacture specs, never had an issue.

its an okay side hustle but could go downhill very quickly, I witness radiator nipples breaking, bolts stripping, stuff rounding out etc, sometimes its best to walk away from certain jobs. i service a couple of vehicles, money isn't that great, I enjoy fixing stuff and using my assortment of tools.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 28th, 2021, 5:47 am

I 've been selling camera equipment for years
i started doing camera installs a few years ago as plenty customers would ask for installation
i used to give a fella the work who was a constant camera supplies buyer, just use to add on a markup for myself.
i told him he had to use the same 3-4 workers that I knew for all the jobs, no new people or strangers.
everything was going well, did some really big jobs, 64 camera systems etc for groceries.

then a time i send him to do a job for a family friend, simple 8 camera system
turn out one of his staff was sick so he carry a brand new person from his church group to assist(found this out after)

the customer call me that night to say his G shock watch and firearm missing from his bedroom where they were installing the DVR and he thought the people I send by him were trustworthy

when i call the installer to ask him what going on...he then say he carry a new fella to work with them
i tell him the scene...and how the customer want everyone do a polygraph because its a serious issue and he want names and addresses of all the workers....
the new fella say he not doing any polygraph and he eh working for them again

customer and his padnas visit his house and retrieve the stuff

after that i never take install jobs again
only sell equipment and i give customers business cards of other installers and tell them they operate independently
completely stop that "side hustle" it was a nice extra 8-12k for the month though

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 28th, 2021, 8:23 am

Venes don't need government handouts over here because simps providing it for them.In their own country, government dependency is the order of the day
RedVEVO wrote:
wtf wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello wtf,

Why would you hire a Trini if he does not work ?

The White Paper revealed :

CEPEP ( then WASA, T&TEC, NFM, TSTT etc. ) was created to give Trini a job via Gov't logically in-depth analysis .

Meanwhile private sector 1% and the other productive peeps want to hire a working & productive individual .

Hence they hire Venes and other people ( peeps from foreign etc.,) too exhaustive a list to mention.

It's technically known as " division of labor" Trini Style .

The Venes etc., do not depend on Gov't handouts such baby milk and baby biscuit which Gov't has decided to stop since the people kick water on them when they tell Gov't help us .

Vene work and save money and enjoy a community that is supportive and enjoy life while the Trini worker is mentally and financially controlled by the Gov't so that THEY can enjoy THEIR life .

The Vene and other peeps are happy to work with private business and thrive for stability and success with family and friends .

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » April 28th, 2021, 8:46 am

Ted_v2 wrote:i do simple automotive repairs as a sideline.
oil changes, brakes, suspension, tune-ups etc, I charge very little compared to most full-time techs. 200-300 for a job is usually what I charge. i service ford rangers t6 for 250 for my regulars.
oil fuel-air, tire rotation, brakes adjust and clean, lube windows, rear spare tire hanger, grease what needs to be greased. takes a couple of hours, I torque everything to manufacture specs, never had an issue.

its an okay side hustle but could go downhill very quickly, I witness radiator nipples breaking, bolts stripping, stuff rounding out etc, sometimes its best to walk away from certain jobs. i service a couple of vehicles, money isn't that great, I enjoy fixing stuff and using my assortment of tools.
I do the exact same thing but it's not enough yet to support me and the family, more like pocket change. That's why I'm getting into the transport business with a taxi and try my hand at that and see what the returns are.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » April 28th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Good luck with the taxi thing and stay safe. Not just from crime but COVID.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 28th, 2021, 6:14 pm

Place over saturated with taxi drivers

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 28th, 2021, 6:33 pm

i noticed quite a few females working legal taxi & ph by my store here in chaguanas , imo they brave & willing to risk working hard especially with crime at a all time high , i admire them for that & wish them all d safety & best wishes ....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”