TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Which Brand Compressor Would You Buy???????

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Which Brand Compressor Would You Buy???????

Postby adnj » January 15th, 2020, 9:47 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Yes for a brad nailer, but liking your suggestions. Where locally and what brand would you recommend?.
Buy from a reputable shop that's close to you. It sounds as if you will be a casual user so any single-stage pancake compressor from a fairly well-known brand like Porter-Cable, Bostich, Campbell-Hausfeld, or DeWalt will probably last 20 years if you keep it clean and dry.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 15th, 2020, 10:10 pm

all d brand names called there good ^^^

portability yea d pancake to smaller 1s even up to 10 gallons

20g & 30g on wheels kinda portable too up to a certain point ...

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 16th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Of you only ever going to use the nailer and pressure tyres then get the pancake.

Anything more, even just using the air hose to blow out dust, get something bigger. The pancake will not keep up.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 16th, 2020, 7:10 pm

Moving around a big compressor is hard if you doing cupboard work. The pancake is good because of the cfm required for the nail gun. Anything using a constant supply or higher cfm would need something bigger. Check the cfm usage of whatever tools you plan to use.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » January 23rd, 2020, 4:03 am

i940220-425x425.png
i940220-425x425.png (76.53 KiB) Viewed 2105 times

what about this from pricesmart ? i think its about $2000, it a 20lb tank about 90lbs. any reviews on this from anyone

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 23rd, 2020, 10:21 am

Haven't used that particular one but have had similar. They are great for light duty home use and will run almost any low to mid cfm air tool. I have even painted with one and it was mostly fine.

Be warned, they are noisy a.f if that is a consideration as they are usually oil less.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 24th, 2020, 10:20 am

Ah was studyin to get ah dewalt or makita impact gun but then i see online da ah air tool far more versatile.
sooo allyuh fellas know real ting here wa allyuh tink go b d best buy compressor for a small home and unda mango tree hobby mechanic based on experience with past-purchases.
Primary uses go be power washing d yard and car , blowing out random stuff and occasional lug nut removal.
It should be powerful enuff to clamp down a shock head and remove/tighten lower shock mounting or cradle bolt when ah decide to play d ass with d caar.

Allied or Pricesmart go b better for this stuff?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 24th, 2020, 6:47 pm

daxt0r wrote:Ah was studyin to get ah dewalt or makita impact gun but then i see online da ah air tool far more versatile.

Primary uses go be power washing d yard and car ,

Last edited by Strugglerzinc on January 24th, 2020, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 24th, 2020, 7:02 pm

daxt0r wrote:Ah was studyin to get ah dewalt or makita impact gun but then i see online da ah air tool far more versatile.
sooo allyuh fellas know real ting here wa allyuh tink go b d best buy compressor for a small home and unda mango tree hobby mechanic based on experience with past-purchases.
Primary uses go be power washing d yard and car , blowing out random stuff and occasional lug nut removal.
It should be powerful enuff to clamp down a shock head and remove/tighten lower shock mounting or cradle bolt when ah decide to play d ass with d caar.

Allied or Pricesmart go b better for this stuff?

You've got a long list that will likely require a variety of tools. How you plan to use it and how often is important too. I doubt that you will be happy with just a single compressor also.

But if you can only afford one, just about any name-brand 20 gallon will be very versatile.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 27th, 2020, 4:47 pm

ah went pricemart today they only had only da look about 3 times d size of that one in the pic above but was plenty more money, i think i saw it for 8000 or so.

Naz
Street 2NR

Postby Naz » March 30th, 2021, 1:45 pm

Good day. Jumping on this old post. Looking for a compressor.
Want to paint my car, my father's scooter, my van and I'm sure other things will come up. Would not be in use very often but things will come up.
Looking at 60gals 3-5hp.
Puma from Kanico is out of stock at the moment, pricemart is always out of stock and Alvin who brings them in foreign used is also out of stock.
Not looking to spend too much so if there's a used one for a good price I might also be interested.
Any help in this department?
Thanks in advance...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”