TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&TEC, WASA increase coming in 2016... now 2023?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: T&TEC, water rate increase coming in 2016

Postby nervewrecker » December 17th, 2015, 9:52 am

1UZFE wrote:This increase was in d making for a while. Last time Ttec increased rates was abt 6yrs ago. Within dat period NGC increased the price of gas. Employees salaries increased and other oprating cost.
Also WASA last rate increase was abt 7yrs ago (i think) so these tings were coming.
Dont know wat the beat up is abt.
#welikeitso

fank yew.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » December 17th, 2015, 9:57 am

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » December 17th, 2015, 10:48 am

Ahm you cannot really compare Trinidad who mainly uses relatively inexpensive natural gas for the electricity generation with Grenada who uses diesel.

Also I'm pretty sure even though they're using much less electricity, Mittal are going to need to pay a high minimum rate to T&TEC.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » December 17th, 2015, 10:54 am

Pete our prices are so low because of cost of production. Dont forget we hav d lowest prices on this side of earth.
Mittal pays at the highest rate. But thats just 1 company also do u really think they pay their entire bill? Just imagibe if Ttec cuts Mittal. Where wud those workers go (at that time). Mittal only operated in TnT becuz of low eletricity rates.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 17th, 2015, 11:00 am

Hahaha makes me laugh every time to see all u pathetic pnm and unc sufferers whining and crying like little biatches...arguing with eachother...u guys keep at it so i can have my daily amusement.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 17th, 2015, 11:41 am

no govt can ever sort themselves our positively in jsut 5 years......5 years vs 50 ....who gets blamed for the economic state logically....our rights financially, politically , freedom is slowly being eroded away while ppl argue about politics like fools....one side can do no wrong in the eye of a die hard foolish sheep.....if we continue this trend our freedom will be severely compromised in years to come...... stop being a political sheep and be a person who wants to enjoy the common freedom and rights that the democratic fairy tale allows us....

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » December 17th, 2015, 2:49 pm

EmilioA wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
EmilioA wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
I guess the debt started in 2010.

Well this is what the man say

Ramsook said in 2011 there was a settlement of an outstanding balance of $2.1 million.

He said in 2011 and 2012 the entire NGC bill was paid but in 2013 there was a deficit of $292 million. “The main reason for that is our cashflow situation. Whenever we fall short we hold back in paying NGC,” Ramsook added. He said the company also owed some $665 million to Trinidad Generation Unlimited

Note TGU only started operating in 2013.

TTEC should have employed the Muslims to get monies owed to them.

But as we all know TTEC wage bill is unnecessary high. Ever realise why TTEC does do real work after 4pm?

So... Kamla is a PNM ? :mrgreen:

Face it ZR

The PNM steal some eggs from the golden goose.

The UNC prostitute the goose, put it to hard labour, mortgage eggs that ent laid as yet, and then sell off the internal organs.

And the UNC blaming the PNM that the goose dead.

rofl
i like that one. too true.. too true. but they didnt sell off the goose internal organs. they sell of they own and mortgage the goose own too haha

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » December 17th, 2015, 2:51 pm

streetbeastINC. wrote:no govt can ever sort themselves our positively in jsut 5 years......5 years vs 50 ....who gets blamed for the economic state logically....our rights financially, politically , freedom is slowly being eroded away while ppl argue about politics like fools....one side can do no wrong in the eye of a die hard foolish sheep.....if we continue this trend our freedom will be severely compromised in years to come...... stop being a political sheep and be a person who wants to enjoy the common freedom and rights that the democratic fairy tale allows us....

theres a world of opportunity out there if only we knew how to make use of it. trinidad could be so globally rich if things were done right it not funny.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 17th, 2015, 5:06 pm

DVSTT wrote:So is it safe to say that 2020 will see the return of the UNC/ COP coalition ?

Surprisingly yes. At this rate the PNM won't last, once people start to feel the fire is then they go start voting against PNM.

So in the end it eh matter of Kamla or Vasant or Moonilal did win, PNM self destructing regardless. 2016 is the year when man to bawl. They just waiting for Carnival to done to drop the bomb shell. Rowley can't do it sooner cause he know they go bun down Port of Spain.

Zedenka
Street 2NR

Postby Zedenka » December 17th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Typical Trinidadians. Always want to blame someone. It does not matter who is in power or not but whoever is in power to serve the people and whats best for the country. We need to understand state of the economy and prepare for it. PNM would have to make some hard decisions and people will have to understand that.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's

Postby EmilioA » December 17th, 2015, 6:07 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
DVSTT wrote:So is it safe to say that 2020 will see the return of the UNC/ COP coalition ?

Surprisingly yes. At this rate the PNM won't last, once people start to feel the fire is then they go start voting against PNM.

So in the end it eh matter of Kamla or Vasant or Moonilal did win, PNM self destructing regardless. 2016 is the year when man to bawl. They just waiting for Carnival to done to drop the bomb shell. Rowley can't do it sooner cause he know they go bun down Port of Spain.

Keep in mind it is not the 340,000 people who voted UNC in 2015 that will determine the next election.

It is the 90,000 people who voted UNC in 2010 and shifted to the PNM in 2015.

How many of alyuh did that or know people that voted so ?

If you are a straight UNC (or PNM) voter you not really in the loop.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » December 17th, 2015, 6:09 pm

zoom rader wrote:
tr1ad wrote:boo hoo....
hopefully people learn about conservation this time around

I don't think is a matter of conservation, it's more of a management and financial issues.

It just that these mis-managed companies are employed with the wrong ppl and in the end citizens have to pay for this.

Had TTEC been a private run company they would have been in far better shape and making a profit for its share holders.

Government should not be running businesses

To allow privatisation of such essentials (water/Power) with out proper oversight can have disastrous consequences

For example SIS, buys T&TEC and UNC gets into power. SIS then says we need to raise Power price by 100%. We all know Kams and she Marshmallow squad can't say "No"

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » December 17th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Just a note ZR. Do u think a small and non diversified economy like ours could take an essential service that happens to be a monopoly and privatise it.
Ppl will suffer. We dont hav alot of price limitations for private companies

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 17th, 2015, 7:04 pm

1UZFE wrote:This increase was in d making for a while. Last time Ttec increased rates was abt 6yrs ago. Within dat period NGC increased the price of gas. Employees salaries increased and other oprating cost.
Also WASA last rate increase was abt 7yrs ago (i think) so these tings were coming.
#welikeitso

^^^Most sense so far. Trinis could splurge boy. 4 figure salaries and is multiple HDTVs, multiple cars, pumping in the clubs and on the Ave 3 nights a week, fast food galore. We all need to face reality, no matter who you are and where you're from.

Our utilities are rather "cheap".
Last edited by Morpheus on December 17th, 2015, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 17th, 2015, 7:12 pm

EmilioA wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

Keep in mind it is not the 340,000 people who voted UNC in 2015 that will determine the next election.

It is the 90,000 people who voted UNC in 2010 and shifted to the PNM in 2015.

How many of alyuh did that or know people that voted so ?

If you are a straight UNC (or PNM) voter you not really in the loop.

Yeah you make a good point there. To be fair I doubt the UNC could have done much better giving the state of the economy, but Kamla probably happy that Rowley have to run the country at a time like this and won't be her making the hard decisions.

My guess is that in 2020 the people go forget everything from 2010 to 2015 and will be looking to put back a PPG because it go be 5 years of tightening we belly and we go want to let we belly loose like suruj.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » December 17th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Why doesn't the government and its various departments pay T&TEC the monies owed.

Then there would not be a need to increase prices.

But then, as well, if the last increase was in 2006, maybe ....

buckredan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby buckredan » December 17th, 2015, 7:48 pm

people for real in this country the former goverment put this country in over 60 billion in dept three quarter of the project the former goverment did was borrow money 2016 when the people who they borrow from going to start to complain for money own to them.
now this goverment has to find money to pay every body who wasnt gettin paid for months so they raise gas people complain they want to bring back property tax people complain they raise water rate electric bill people complain gas price going down every day , goverment main revenue people complain so how the hell the goverment expect to pay people .i could remember three years ago the governer of central bank an the minister of finance beg the former goverment cut back on spending they ignore them now we reach this mes people blaming a goverment who in power four months now for everything
pnm in power three months an put the country in resession give me a break people should go by kamla house and demand all the money they thief to put it back
why people dont complain to kamla about the 7 billion highway where the money paid out in full
but only half way build, why not complain about the 15.5 billion US the commercial bank give out but central bank says only 4.5 billion US give out where the 11 billion US gone i could go on an on
people stop fooling all yourself ,out problem is bad thieving goverment from past only lookin to get the hands on the treasury , to fatten there friends an family pocket an who could give them kickback then lookin for the people of trinidad an tobago to pay for there bad spending but they will never blame themself if all you think im lying ask anil roberts whattttttttttt

rambo22
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rambo22 » December 17th, 2015, 8:18 pm

#welikeitso

Guess taxes was in the making toooooooooo

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 17th, 2015, 8:22 pm

How much will property tax be on a high house that has 2 toilet and bath and 3 kitchens?

Farming area that is. I think we currently pay $150 a year.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's

Postby EmilioA » December 17th, 2015, 8:23 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
My guess is that in 2020 the people go forget everything from 2010 to 2015 and will be looking to put back a PPG because it go be 5 years of tightening we belly and we go want to let we belly loose like suruj.

Depends. if you were a contractor who was blacklisted or worse - did work but never got paid- so your business went bankrupt you not going to forgive Kamla so easy.

If you was a young professional but every job you applied to went to someone with less qualifications becuase the Minister say so you not going to forget.

If you did have a job but saw the requirements for other jobs lowered so that someone's friends and family could get a work. if you saw people give themselves salary raises . If you saw incompetent companies get million dollar contracts, firetruck up the contract and still get protected. You might not forget.

If you was waiting for a HDC house. and you hear the only way to get one was to make a 10,000 dollar donation to a certain constituency office. You might not forgive. if you seeing lawyers and big managers getting HDC houses you might not forgive.

I telling you the UNC's biggest enemies right now are Indian and Mixed professionals from North who voted Kamla and get mashup by Kamla.

Kamla lose a generation there.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 17th, 2015, 9:15 pm

1UZFE wrote:Just a note ZR. Do u think a small and non diversified economy like ours could take an essential service that happens to be a monopoly and privatise it.
Ppl will suffer. We dont hav alot of price limitations for private companies

We already have private essentially services bro, which are Desalcott, Seven seas water, Trinity power and TUG. There is another private water company that serves Moruga, can't remember it's name. Plus these companies pay Wasa a fee of the use of their "water " and the power companies pay NGC for gas use

All Wasa and TTEC does is distribute those services to you.
They basically buy from them and sell to you . They more of a broker to you.

As you can see its not those private essential services are problems it's the inefficient government services that we have

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 17th, 2015, 11:09 pm

ZR first I ever heard that Trinidad has private water and power companies.

Out of curiosity how much that private water company that serves moruga charge compared to WASA?
I am of the impression that government is significantly cheaper but when you think about it, probably not? Since FLOW internet is cheaper than TSTT?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 18th, 2015, 6:29 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:ZR first I ever heard that Trinidad has private water and power companies.

Out of curiosity how much that private water company that serves moruga charge compared to WASA?
I am of the impression that government is significantly cheaper but when you think about it, probably not? Since FLOW internet is cheaper than TSTT?

There are many others that don't know of this and all they do is bump gum

The water plant down Moruga last I heard it was just use to serve parts of Moruga.
They do the same, sell water to Wasa and Wasa sells you the water for a profit. What they do with that profit we don't know.

From my knowledge all brokers always make money.

TTEC and Wasa are just brokers and are mis managed.

Government should not be running any businesses

narutouzamaki
Riding on 13's

Postby narutouzamaki » December 18th, 2015, 6:32 am

Maybe if ppl paid bills the debt would be so exorbitant or maybe if the salary bill in tntec wasn't high same can be said

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 18th, 2015, 6:34 am

narutouzamaki wrote:Maybe if ppl paid bills the debt would be so exorbitant or maybe if the salary bill in tntec wasn't high same can be said

This is what I said. Hire Muslims to get ur money and stop the happy fund for TTEC after 4pm.

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » December 18th, 2015, 6:41 am

buckredan wrote:people for real in this country the former goverment put this country in over 60 billion in dept three quarter of the project the former goverment did was borrow money 2016 when the people who they borrow from going to start to complain for money own to them.
now this goverment has to find money to pay every body who wasnt gettin paid for months so they raise gas people complain they want to bring back property tax people complain they raise water rate electric bill people complain gas price going down every day , goverment main revenue people complain so how the hell the goverment expect to pay people .i could remember three years ago the governer of central bank an the minister of finance beg the former goverment cut back on spending they ignore them now we reach this mes people blaming a goverment who in power four months now for everything
pnm in power three months an put the country in resession give me a break people should go by kamla house and demand all the money they thief to put it back
why people dont complain to kamla about the 7 billion highway where the money paid out in full
but only half way build, why not complain about the 15.5 billion US the commercial bank give out but central bank says only 4.5 billion US give out where the 11 billion US gone i could go on an on
people stop fooling all yourself ,out problem is bad thieving goverment from past only lookin to get the hands on the treasury , to fatten there friends an family pocket an who could give them kickback then lookin for the people of trinidad an tobago to pay for there bad spending but they will never blame themself if all you think im lying ask anil roberts whattttttttttt

Looks like your head was stuck in pee on them bamsee for a long time,now it came out and you spitting out the sh1t they told you, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

balljoint
Ricer

Postby balljoint » December 18th, 2015, 8:12 am

zoom rader wrote:
narutouzamaki wrote:Maybe if ppl paid bills the debt would be so exorbitant or maybe if the salary bill in tntec wasn't high same can be said

This is what I said. Hire Muslims to get ur money and stop the happy fund for TTEC after 4pm.

You know ttec operates on a 24hr shift system and work after 4pm does not necessarily mean OT rite??

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » December 18th, 2015, 8:19 am

buckredan wrote:people for real in this country the former goverment put this country in over 60 billion in dept three quarter of the project the former goverment did was borrow money 2016 when the people who they borrow from going to start to complain for money own to them.

ay ay like the facebook quenks reach on tuner...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 18th, 2015, 10:21 am

balljoint wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

You know ttec operates on a 24hr shift system and work after 4pm does not necessarily mean OT rite??

I have seen the day crew, sit in their trucks waiting for 4 pm to start work they should have done since 8am.
Spare me the bullchit.
The same happens with customs they wait for their OT and site visits t night.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 18th, 2015, 10:42 am

zoom rader wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:ZR first I ever heard that Trinidad has private water and power companies.

There are many others that don't know of this and all they do is bump gum

The water plant down Moruga last I heard it was just use to serve parts of Moruga.
They do the same, sell water to Wasa and Wasa sells you the water for a profit. What they do with that profit we don't know.

From my knowledge all brokers always make money.

TTEC and Wasa are just brokers and are mis managed.

Government should not be running any businesses

I see very interesting you make a really good point here, if you overhear trinis talk and a topic like this comes up you always hear them say WASA and T&TEC should be privatized but it can't because only government can provide water and current.

T&TEC black outs far as I see happens too often and they don't get it back up and running in a timely manner, once it happens after dark they purposely take long I witnessed them even stopping by the bar to lime and ole talk instead of rushing to fix the problem. They really should privatize that but which government really have the belly to do that.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”