TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Spot Speed being installed this weekend on CRH El Socorro

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Re: Spot Speed being installed this weekend on CRH El Socorr

Postby wagon r » January 5th, 2016, 12:40 am

^...that's the idea and no one seems to figure it out yet. the idea of the camera is that it's a speed deterrent due the high number of accidents, some fatal on the corner going in either direction.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » January 5th, 2016, 1:48 pm

pete wrote:If it has to capture a pic of your face which direction you want the flash to be?

I have only seen the flash at a distance. Apparently everyone driving around me when I pass there slows down enough.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

What does it need to capture the pic of your face for ? THey sending the ticket to your face ?

It only needs your plate number... which is fine to snap from the back, where the flash is not blinding drivers at night.... endangering even more people on the road. Typical Trini mentality... I wonder what fool planned that one out ?

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » January 5th, 2016, 1:54 pm

BTW... the accidents are not the result of pure speed... it is the result of careless, reckless drivers that fill the nations roads. The presence of a camera just highlight's the fact that TnT police are not interested in patrolling the roads or reprimanding drivers that break the law.

A step in the wrong direction... once again... wasting this country's money.... while benefiting no one. Much like the red light camera at the hyatt intersection.

If I were a conspiracy theorist... I would say that the cam is to catalog people for facial recognition... to know who uses what routes.... coupled with the flagrant cell phone and land line monitoring that goes on right now... and buying up of info from social sites.... what is the gov't up to ? Why they feel the need to spy on our population so keenly...what are they afraid that we know ?

But I'm not a conspiracy theorist.... so I didn't say that.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » January 5th, 2016, 2:00 pm

I no longer see the flash whether day time or night time, but I see the red light occasionally and I am always going around 100kmph when passing there.
The flash mash up ah wa? :lol:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 5th, 2016, 2:19 pm

X2 wrote:
pete wrote:If it has to capture a pic of your face which direction you want the flash to be?

I have only seen the flash at a distance. Apparently everyone driving around me when I pass there slows down enough.

What does it need to capture the pic of your face for ? THey sending the ticket to your face ?

It only needs your plate number... which is fine to snap from the back, where the flash is not blinding drivers at night.... endangering even more people on the road. Typical Trini mentality... I wonder what fool planned that one out ?

Picture of your face as proof of driver. No chance for the "I wasn't driving mr. magistrate, I did lend meh car to meh cousin and one of his friends did borrow it from him so I eh know who was really driving meh car that night nuh".

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 5th, 2016, 3:04 pm

pete wrote:
X2 wrote:

Picture of your face as proof of driver. No chance for the "I wasn't driving mr. magistrate, I did lend meh car to meh cousin and one of his friends did borrow it from him so I eh know who was really driving meh car that night nuh".

I thought video evidence isn't admissible in court?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » January 5th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Actually you all wrong.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » January 5th, 2016, 3:34 pm

rollingstock wrote:Actually you all wrong.

In what country ? You is a lawyer ?

No country using video or photo uses flash in your face.... it's dangerous... carry on tho...Please tell us the secrets of Trinidad... because the government does not inform the citizenry of what it's doing.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » January 5th, 2016, 3:44 pm

I wasn't even alluding to that, but from the manner of your reply it seems you have a chip up your ass.
I left my statement vague as I was waiting even further information that I just received to clear up all ambiguities in the entire thread.

But that's it, the amount of arseholes on this site I'll never venture to give any advice or information on here again.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 5th, 2016, 3:57 pm

rollingstock wrote:I wasn't even alluding to that, but from the manner of your reply it seems you have a chip up your ass.
I left my statement vague as I was waiting even further information that I just received to clear up all ambiguities in the entire thread.

But that's it, the amount of arseholes on this site I'll never venture to give any advice or information on here again.

man hush yuh emo arse nah

Right open it back up and gee we de info when you get it thanks :lol: :lol:

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » January 5th, 2016, 4:55 pm

rollingstock wrote:I wasn't even alluding to that, but from the manner of your reply it seems you have a chip up your ass.

WHAT advice you give there breds ?

You made a vague statement as bait as far as I can see.... but that's common amongst tuners... slow yuh role... make a point instead of playing the 'allur wait and see' card... :lol:

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » January 6th, 2016, 1:05 am

X2 wrote:BTW... the accidents are not the result of pure speed... it is the result of careless, reckless drivers that fill the nations roads. The presence of a camera just highlight's the fact that TnT police are not interested in patrolling the roads or reprimanding drivers that break the law.

A step in the wrong direction... once again... wasting this country's money.... while benefiting no one. Much like the red light camera at the hyatt intersection.

If I were a conspiracy theorist... I would say that the cam is to catalog people for facial recognition... to know who uses what routes.... coupled with the flagrant cell phone and land line monitoring that goes on right now... and buying up of info from social sites.... what is the gov't up to ? Why they feel the need to spy on our population so keenly...what are they afraid that we know ?

But I'm not a conspiracy theorist.... so I didn't say that.

:shock:

I scared now

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 6th, 2016, 2:05 am

Morpheus wrote:Seems a lot of people already adapting by slowing down to 80kph in that area......including myself :roll:

That is the most dangerous thing to do....I believe that action will increase accidents or near miss in that area.
The camera also appears to have some leeway with regards to the speed at which the flash is activated. I have also yet to see it activate when vehicle is in the left lane.
Since no one is being charged yet. .... Now is the time to test it.
And for heavens sake. .... Please don't apply brakes if nothing is in front of you but that camera. ...release the accelerator if you want to slow down or move over and let people who want to get flash go

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 6th, 2016, 5:37 am

^^^How so? I never said people hitting brakes from 140kph to get to 80kph eh.

Or maybe I should have worded it differently. Most times in that area I see people passing at around 80-90kph. Adjustment is made from quite El Socorro turn off.....by easing off the accelerator and keeping left(can speak for myself).

Or sometimes I forget and get flash :mrgreen:

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 6th, 2016, 9:30 am

My apologies to you. ... my experience of people slowing is applying brakes just before the camera, in the area around the turn off by Advanz, to reduce speed from whatever they were doing before to get to 80kph and below. If they backed off from the accelerator and still find they moving to fast, they apply brakes at the last possible moment where they think the camera won't pick then up.
The people in the right Lane who do this also stay in Lane to show they are such responsible drivers; not overtaking anything.
People can drive past at 90 and it still won't activate. There is some leeway. ... at least for now, if people are so concerned with their speed.
Again my apologies to you.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 6th, 2016, 3:07 pm

X2 wrote:

WHAT advice you give there breds ?

You made a vague statement as bait as far as I can see.... but that's common amongst tuners... slow yuh role... make a point instead of playing the 'allur wait and see' card... :lol:

this man epic yes always giving advice TTPS at its best .... :lol:

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 7th, 2016, 3:45 am

kamakazi wrote:My apologies to you. ... my experience of people slowing is applying brakes just before the camera, in the area around the turn off by Advanz, to reduce speed from whatever they were doing before to get to 80kph and below. If they backed off from the accelerator and still find they moving to fast, they apply brakes at the last possible moment where they think the camera won't pick then up.
The people in the right Lane who do this also stay in Lane to show they are such responsible drivers; not overtaking anything.
People can drive past at 90 and it still won't activate. There is some leeway. ... at least for now, if people are so concerned with their speed.
Again my apologies to you.

No scene man.
But I won't like to see anyone doing what you described though. That's just stupid.

Manatee1
Riding on 13's

Re: Spot Speed being installed this weekend on CRH El Socorro

Postby Manatee1 » December 7th, 2016, 12:51 am

so anyone got a ticket for this?

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » December 7th, 2016, 1:12 am

Slartibartfast wrote:I drive max 120 in the dry and 80 in the wet assuming a clear road and a regular car. Divide those numbers by 1.5 to get how fast I drive in a tiida. Multiply those numbers by 1.5 if the tiida is a taxi :(

I would like to see a 120 speed limit with a strict "everybody above that" getting ticketed system. But I know trinis will want to try driving that 120 in the wet and still end up crashing so I agree the limit hada stay at the 80 for now.

We need different dry and wet limits to help out those who don't have any knowledge of physics or common sense

We also need to stop the importation of cheap low standard tyres into the country.
Especially foreign used tyres.
I've parked next to cars with snow tyres here on Trinidad. Scary try think I have to share the road with them.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » December 7th, 2016, 5:49 am

Xplode wrote:"Two cameras cost $3,985,000", Rambachan said...stupessss is that USD or TT.

was this tendered? who go the contract for this ? TSZ (The security zone/ TSTT) Ultimate Solutions, Amalgamated or Mr X?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Spot Speed being installed this weekend on CRH El Socorr

Postby kamakazi » December 7th, 2016, 6:40 am

novastar1 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:I drive max 120 in the dry and 80 in the wet assuming a clear road and a regular car. Divide those numbers by 1.5 to get how fast I drive in a tiida. Multiply those numbers by 1.5 if the tiida is a taxi :(

I would like to see a 120 speed limit with a strict "everybody above that" getting ticketed system. But I know trinis will want to try driving that 120 in the wet and still end up crashing so I agree the limit hada stay at the 80 for now.

We need different dry and wet limits to help out those who don't have any knowledge of physics or common sense

We also need to stop the importation of cheap low standard tyres into the country.
Especially foreign used tyres.
I've parked next to cars with snow tyres here on Trinidad. Scary try think I have to share the road with them.

Would you believe that those same snow tyres will outperform your summer tyres in the wet. It is only when it is hot that they have poor performance.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » December 7th, 2016, 6:58 am

I've had a bad experience with snow tyres in the wet on a roro I brought in, zero traction, car was skidding, tyres were changed the next day

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » December 7th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Snow tires have best wet performance... But run from them when dry season reach

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”