Forums

Republic Online Banking

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby 88sins » December 1st, 2020, 7:55 am

Jade_Inc. wrote:With the savings plus account, u can withdraw up to 3 times in 6 months I believe. After 3 times then they charge
daxt0r wrote:the normal savings plus from RBL is the worse, they actually charge for withdrawals even if they occur online *for free*.
Anyone ever tried to receive funds or buy stuff online using these RBL Visa Debit Cards?

yeah, it's a way to discourage withdrawals for your savings stay as savings. iirc is either $6 or $8 per w/d for the extras.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » December 1st, 2020, 8:13 am

Two free withdrawals per quarter after which it's $4 per additional debits.

https://republictt.com/personal/savings-plus

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2020, 8:56 am

daxt0r wrote:the normal savings plus from RBL is the worse, they actually charge for withdrawals even if they occur online *for free*.
Anyone ever tried to receive funds or buy stuff online using these RBL Visa Debit Cards?

Yes been using RBL Visa Debit Cards years now with no problems. Works great with PayPal. But RBL are not renewing them or issuing news ones as far as I know.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » December 1st, 2020, 9:19 am

2WNBoost wrote:I think the terminals from Scotia and FCB have contactless enabled.
The RBL card limit is set to $300 for contactless

Same for RBC. Seems its only RBC and RBL visa debit cards has contactless so far with the same $300 limit.

@Duane, I've used contactless at various merchants such as Starbucks, Mini bar POS, some couriers, Superpharm etc.

Most of the sales clerks are either not trained properly or just taught to grab your card and put it in the slot. Some actually punch in the figures and hand you the machine. Once I see the terminal has it or looks new, I ask. With some I had to sign the slip after even for small transactions. So I guess its also how the terminal is configured.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » December 1st, 2020, 11:59 am

Saw PEAKES UNIPET has the contactless as well. Didnt try it though. Some other food merchants has it as well.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Yes been using RBL Visa Debit Cards years now with no problems. Works great with PayPal. But RBL are not renewing them or issuing news ones as far as I know.

Thats the prepaid Visa. I have it as well. Works well, but the new RBL Visa Debit. Has anyone tried it online for a purchase as yet?

I know RBC is rolling out theirs. Seems like its a bank race all of a sudden.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2020, 12:11 pm

thelem-again wrote:Saw PEAKES UNIPET has the contactless as well. Didnt try it though. Some other food merchants has it as well.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Thats the prepaid Visa. I have it as well. Works well, but the new RBL Visa Debit. Has anyone tried it online for a purchase as yet?

Yes I meant the Visa Travel Money VISA debit card.
The new RBL Visa Debit Cards is their new chipped LINX card with a VISA debit logo?

I have the Scotiabank version and while you can use it for up to $100/day in a foreign ATM to withdraw cash, it doesnt work at the foreign point of sale... yet.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 1st, 2020, 12:17 pm

thelem-again wrote:Saw PEAKES UNIPET has the contactless as well. Didnt try it though. Some other food merchants has it as well.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I spoke to someone in RBL today
So he says it should work for online purchases, but the only ting would be you not paying in USD for your item at checkout, they will charge it in TTD.
So be careful using it, because some online stores that accept TTD does use some high ass exchange rates, so don't be shocked if you buying online & the rate you see 8.50 : 1 at checkout

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2020, 1:29 pm

88sins wrote:

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

So he says it should work for online purchases, but the only ting would be you not paying in USD for your item at checkout, they will charge it in TTD.
So be careful using it, because some online stores that accept TTD does use some high ass exchange rates, so don't be shocked if you buying online & the rate you see 8.50 : 1 at checkout

It should be the same as using a TTD credit card. The exchange rate is what the bank selling rate is on that day.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » December 1st, 2020, 1:30 pm

88sins wrote:

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Good to know.

Funny enough, has anyone who is using the RBL Visa Prepaid/Travel Card notice that Paypal is forcing a conversion to TTD?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 1st, 2020, 2:00 pm

Yea boi
They wicked inno

I real like having my VTM
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Yes I meant the Visa Travel Money VISA debit card.
The new RBL Visa Debit Cards is their new chipped LINX card with a VISA debit logo?

I have the Scotiabank version and while you can use it for up to $100/day in a foreign ATM to withdraw cash, it doesnt work at the foreign point of sale... yet.

That new one self I’m talking about not the old one. The one that links directly to your bank account, anyone use that to make online purchases or receive money?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 2nd, 2020, 6:03 am

Roflmao at how that "pardna" in rbl so clueless

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » December 11th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Apparently they have a new account type with no ATM charges.

Cost of ABM transactions at other banks:
Approved cash withdrawal - $4.00
Declined cash withdrawal - $1.15
Approved Balance Enquiry - $0.75
Declined Balance Enquiry - $0.75

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 11th, 2020, 7:13 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Apparently they have a new account type with no ATM charges.

This going on for years now

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » December 11th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Thanks, I really didn’t know.
I’m glad there is an option with no ATM charges as the Time Saver has charges.
Although I don’t see a reason for charging your customers to use your own ATM.
Other bank ATMs, sure.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 12th, 2020, 6:20 am

never knew about that E-Free account, i know the TimeSaver had free online transactions but has monthly fees.
Are you sure the online transactions are for free, cuz i know with SavingsPlus it is not. For solely this reason i shifted to FCB and RBC as whats the point having an online facility and charging me transaction fees to pay my own RBL CC from my own RBL account.
If you do call for more info validate is no monthly fees AND no transactions fees.

Also anyone had any luck sending/receiving money or buying stuff online with the new Visa Debit card (not the prepaid one), failure with FCB, not really concerned about purchases more about ability to receive. That might be the one reason ah jump back in that RBL pit.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 12th, 2020, 3:19 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Apparently they have a new account type with no ATM charges.

looking like a serious push to motivate customers to use online & electronic banking, with that thing about no fees at ATM's or monthly charges.
Hadda inquire about this consiering that I already do practically everything online& electronically anyways

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » July 5th, 2021, 8:39 am

Anyone getting the new platform to launch?

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » July 5th, 2021, 8:44 am

dogg wrote:Anyone getting the new platform to launch?

Tried, not getting thru...remains on the loading screen.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 5th, 2021, 9:18 am

It's totally useless,

I tried calling and no reply, tried emails and they responded to me to provide what steps I used. Tried calling the email number and no response.

Banana Republic banking.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 5th, 2021, 9:30 am

Nah, new system is bombing atm.
I guess their support is overwhelmed right now.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 5th, 2021, 9:32 am

Sounds like the same launch issues as HBOmax last week or so.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » July 5th, 2021, 9:41 am

New platform not even loading. smh keeping back productivity today

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » July 5th, 2021, 9:43 am

After getting to the old pwd/new pwd screen on the app early this morning, when pressing submit, it just refused to progress.

When trying online web tried both old pwd and new got these messages:
Either this error: The username and password do not match
Or: Contact the bank with the reference id: 4de2a27f-6b75-44d2-aeda-f8b42c283ce9

Of course resetting pwd won't work because it no longer uses previous security questions (multiple). You have to setup 1 new one that I never got to do. :roll:

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » July 5th, 2021, 10:13 am

Today we launched our new online banking platform! However, we are having a few technical difficulties at the moment and as such, you may be having some challenges to log on. We ask for your patience and understanding at this time, as we seek to rectify the issues in the shortest possible time-frame. As soon as they are resolved, we would update you and you would be able to enjoy your new online banking experience.

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » July 5th, 2021, 10:23 am

Thanks for sharing dogg.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 5th, 2021, 10:39 am

Endless issues with this new platform.
Couldn't log in on the app. Got thru on the website then got thru on the app.
And now my credit card is missing from my online accounts but all other accounts there.

Zalos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Zalos » July 5th, 2021, 11:01 am

It work last night for me when it released. Guess it broke overnight...
If you cant see your creditcard details, relog and it will show up after.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 5th, 2021, 11:13 am

Big pile of horse manure. Can't log in and now my user is blocked.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » July 5th, 2021, 11:34 am

You know, I figured there would be some issues with this launch.

So on Friday, I paid my credit card and other bills in full just in case.

Yay me. lol.

Def does not look good on Republic's side.

In a serious country, there would have been consequences...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”