Forums

Official New Born Baby Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Re: Official New Born Baby Thread

Postby Joshie23 » July 14th, 2019, 9:05 pm

trinitachi wrote:Fellas, I am urgently requesting a pediatrician that’s available in the west.

Hope you got through man.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 29th, 2019, 7:17 pm

Compliments of the season folks. Anyone have a contact for a pediatric physiotherapist or at least a physiotherapist that can deal with babies, newborns to be specific?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 29th, 2019, 7:23 pm

I will follow up on this for you.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 29th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Thanks a lot man.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 31st, 2019, 7:07 pm

Any updates, anyone?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 31st, 2019, 10:33 pm

Ok Joshie. So I asked my brother a while ago and he said there is no one here who does it per se, but a regular

physiotherapist will apply the same techniques they use on an adult. He says there was an Indian who came to set

up in Trinidad and wanted to do it at his facility, but investigations revealed a lot of red flags so that didn't work out..

There was a unit from Canada called Blueballoon Health Services who use to come here to do cases pro bono but

they don't anymore. Patients who they saw here went up to Canada for further treatment, so you can probably look into

that. If you need further advice I will put you on to him or his wife and they can guide you better.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » January 1st, 2020, 12:47 am

rspann wrote:Ok Joshie. So I asked my brother a while ago and he said there is no one here who does it per se, but a regular

physiotherapist will apply the same techniques they use on an adult. He says there was an Indian who came to set

up in Trinidad and wanted to do it at his facility, but investigations revealed a lot of red flags so that didn't work out..

There was a unit from Canada called Blueballoon Health Services who use to come here to do cases pro bono but

they don't anymore. Patients who they saw here went up to Canada for further treatment, so you can probably look into

that. If you need further advice I will put you on to him or his wife and they can guide you better.

Happy New Year and thanks for the feedback, man. It's a newborn (so no int'l travelling right now, unfortunately) whose shoulder was a little strained on his way out. X-rays show nothing was broken, and the motion and sensation is there, so the doctors suggested a pulled muscle. He just seems to be afraid to move it and the parents don't want to massage anything for themselves to cause any (further?) damage. I'll try to contact some of the better physiotherapists locally and see what they say. Thanks again!

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » April 3rd, 2020, 8:58 am

Looking for a toddler trike.
Hopefully the ones with the large big wheel to the front and two smaller wheels in the bank.
Any advice?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » August 8th, 2020, 10:39 pm

anyone interested in a used britax b agile stroller....it works flawless but its 5yrs old...age is showing on the frame....
paid 2600 back then...
want 800.00
3065816 for pics

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » August 25th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Anyone noticed that it's difficult to get Desitin in the past few months.

Did the local supplier stop bringing it in? Is it Covid19 related?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 25th, 2020, 1:39 pm

A&D should have a comparable product. thinner than desitin tho. I remember having challenges finding desitin sometimes as far back as 5 years ago

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 25th, 2020, 2:10 pm

Dr. Bordeaux butt paste is one of the best you can buy if it still is out there.

Stello
Riding on 13's

Postby Stello » September 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Got this for sale, if anyone is interested.

Call 737-1122

https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/se ... %5B0%5D=11

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2020, 7:30 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:A&D should have a comparable product. thinner than desitin tho. I remember having challenges finding desitin sometimes as far back as 5 years ago

A&D and Aquaphor

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » January 17th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Quick Question

Can anyone recommend a midwife or someone who rubs women belly after they make baby.
Thanks

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » January 17th, 2021, 5:36 pm

There is a Spanish woman who works with sando general. Very good.

Anmolsingh is very recommended for belly rub after pregnancy

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » January 31st, 2021, 4:12 pm

Anyone knows if Tommee Tippy Accepts International orders from their website.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 27th, 2021, 6:27 pm

:cry:
Peeps with three car seats (one forward facing but may be able to shift to booster soon, one rear facing but may be able to shift to forward facing soon and..a definite rear facing..for a while..)
Can it be done with a five seater? Or is minivan-land or seven seater SUV the next step?

Asking for a friend. :cry:

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 31st, 2021, 8:35 am

Bump..anyone?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 31st, 2021, 1:07 pm

Joshie23 wrote::cry:
Peeps with three car seats (one forward facing but may be able to shift to booster soon, one rear facing but may be able to shift to forward facing soon and..a definite rear facing..for a while..)
Can it be done with a five seater? Or is minivan-land or seven seater SUV the next step?

Wouldn't it all depend on what is the available space in the back? How many ISOFIX anchors does your vehicle have in the back? Can the car seats also work with the seat belts?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 31st, 2021, 3:06 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Wouldn't it all depend on what is the available space in the back? How many ISOFIX anchors does your vehicle have in the back? Can the car seats also work with the seat belts?

That's what I..I mean my friend.. :cry: is asking. Even by the time the third one gets here, the two older ones are still in car seat stage; booster and front-facing respectively.

Both seats currently use the seat belts as current vehicle doesn't have ISOFIX anchors. Most vehicles come with two anchors, and I..my friend.. prefer the seat belts, but so far, I think I've only seen the D-Max with three 3-point seatbelts in the back (also read a review where three baby seats fit in the back of one) and a new vehicle or seven seater SUV (Pathfinder, Fortuner, etc.) are kinda out of the question for now.

I'm basically fishing for info wrt if anyone has fit 3 car seats in the back of a pick up or SUV, what kind and the experience.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 31st, 2021, 5:43 pm

Three conventional car seats are iffy in most 5 seaters . Can get away with two and a booster but the middle gonna be tight as the booster needs the end 3pt

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 31st, 2021, 6:27 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Three conventional car seats are iffy in most 5 seaters . Can get away with two and a booster but the middle gonna be tight as the booster needs the end 3pt

That's what it will be..by year-end, one should be able to transition into the booster, and then two full seats; one rear facing and one front facing.

Did you have the same situation?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 31st, 2021, 9:56 pm

^ nah, but had to transport nephew and niece with kiddo once. quite a squeeze/drama with that setup in a pickup

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 31st, 2021, 10:58 pm

https://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/3- ... uide-html/

A pretty useful guide.

Speaking from experience, you, sorry your friend (just admit it and move on ), may be in luck.

With our current slate of vehicles, getting three car seats across the back is not impossible but you may need to upgrade your vehicle and invest in narrower car seats.

And any SUV that has the middle passenger rear seat equipped with the belt that retracts from the hood is a definite no-no as that type of belt limits seating and restraining in the back.

In my fortuner, at one point I had a rear facing, a forward facing and a booster convertible. Only two could fit in the second row and one of the others needed to go in the third row. Now, with two forward facing and on booster, all three are safely seated and tethered in the second row.

For a mix or forward facing, rear facing and booster you will likely need a third row. With all forward facing you can likely get through with all three in the second row but you need to make sure the middle is either a lap belt or a lap/shoulder belt that draws from the seat. Additionally, you will need top tether so make sure you have an anchor point for the seats needing the same.

Note also that a rear facing car seat also restricts the front passenger in some vehicles so consideration needs to be given to this as well.

Kudos to you for doing the safe thing. Not many seem to think the same judging from how many irresponsible parents have their kids all over the vehicle not restrained/safely restrained/properly restrained.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » April 1st, 2021, 12:14 am

Bro condoms not that expensive eh , 3 kids in this guava season is pressure. Might work in a SUV but the fit will be tight

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » April 1st, 2021, 10:32 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:^ nah, but had to transport nephew and niece with kiddo once. quite a squeeze/drama with that setup in a pickup
Understood, thanks for the feedback.

carluva wrote:https://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/3-across-car-seat-guide-html/

A pretty useful guide.

Speaking from experience, you, sorry your friend (just admit it and move on ), may be in luck.

With our current slate of vehicles, getting three car seats across the back is not impossible but you may need to upgrade your vehicle and invest in narrower car seats.

And any SUV that has the middle passenger rear seat equipped with the belt that retracts from the hood is a definite no-no as that type of belt limits seating and restraining in the back.

In my fortuner, at one point I had a rear facing, a forward facing and a booster convertible. Only two could fit in the second row and one of the others needed to go in the third row. Now, with two forward facing and on booster, all three are safely seated and tethered in the second row.

For a mix or forward facing, rear facing and booster you will likely need a third row. With all forward facing you can likely get through with all three in the second row but you need to make sure the middle is either a lap belt or a lap/shoulder belt that draws from the seat. Additionally, you will need top tether so make sure you have an anchor point for the seats needing the same.

Note also that a rear facing car seat also restricts the front passenger in some vehicles so consideration needs to be given to this as well.

Kudos to you for doing the safe thing. Not many seem to think the same judging from how many irresponsible parents have their kids all over the vehicle not restrained/safely restrained/properly restrained.

Awesome write-up, thanks for the reply. I'll PM you.

randolphinshan wrote:Bro condoms not that expensive eh , 3 kids in this guava season is pressure. Might work in a SUV but the fit will be tight

:lol:

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 1st, 2021, 5:09 pm

Reply sent via PM.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » April 5th, 2021, 9:05 am

Hey anybody ever tried balance bikes for toddlers?
Ever seen any locally or is to skybox it in?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » April 5th, 2021, 10:14 am

wont a regular bicycle with training wheels work? or even a tricycle?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”