Forums

*** The official car accident thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby kamakazi » September 8th, 2020, 2:26 am

I have so many questions. But not exactly sure which intersection this incident happened

How do you not see a panel van speeding down the road.
Why was the decision made to cross but to cease looking in the direction of oncoming traffic.
Is that intersection near a blind corner. I want to believe the corner is gentle based on the speed of the dump truck that passed in frame before.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 8th, 2020, 7:04 am

I remember that clearly as well. God Bless you for remembering them.
Country_Bookie wrote:Reminds me of a drunk truck driver who crashed into a maxi with a set of children on the creek circa 2009. There were a few fatalities and the truck driver was wrong and strong. Never heard of a conviction for the driver.
Kids were on their way to see Lara last match at the QPO.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 8th, 2020, 10:29 am

Bhagwansingh SB
Attachments
IMG-20200908-WA0044.jpg

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 8th, 2020, 10:56 am

Tdw. Lawd. Another brand new vehicle. W drop like when not mid 2019.

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » September 8th, 2020, 10:57 am

The truck driver was convicted, he is presently doing 10 years..... also the van driver was charged and his case is still beforethe courts..because it was a panel van he was transporting passengers with...
Country_Bookie wrote:Reminds me of a drunk truck driver who crashed into a maxi with a set of children on the creek circa 2009. There were a few fatalities and the truck driver was wrong and strong. Never heard of a conviction for the driver.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 8th, 2020, 11:06 am

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 8th, 2020, 11:22 am

GixxerMan wrote:The truck driver was convicted, he is presently doing 10 years..... also the van driver was charged and his case is still beforethe courts..because it was a panel van he was transporting passengers with...

nice to know they occasionally make jail

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 8th, 2020, 11:26 am

gee dem fyaz (literally) and stunts in the right lane carrying a heavy load.
65 km/hr in left lane with a heavy tray? wuhz dat?!?!!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 8th, 2020, 1:26 pm

MG Man wrote:
GixxerMan wrote:The truck driver was convicted, he is presently doing 10 years..... also the van driver was charged and his case is still beforethe courts..because it was a panel van he was transporting passengers with...

The driver Balton Barnwell was 79 in 2019 when the trial date was set IIRC
If he ever serves even 1/2 of that 10 years he did good.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 8th, 2020, 3:07 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

The driver Balton Barnwell was 79 in 2019 when the trial date was set IIRC
If he ever serves even 1/2 of that 10 years he did good.

it's heartbreaking every time I pass there and see the Spongebob memorial to one of the kids
Imagine the pain of those parents
That kid is forever locked in time at the age he passed, and all they can think of is how old he would have been with each passing year, and what his life would have been by now
I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a kid, especially like that

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 10th, 2020, 10:42 am

QPS!!!!
Attachments
IMG-20200910-WA0078.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 10th, 2020, 9:46 pm

Those were my relatives. I remember it like yesterday. The rest of the family was out for the weekend and my GF was coming to spend the weekend at home with me. Was waiting to pick her up after work and she called me saying there was a terrible accident on the creek. Hospital got a call saying "send all the ambulance". The state we met them in at San Fernando General, I walked pass them not knowing it was them. Blood and bone showing.

Seeing that man walking free and not running him over was hard. He was a known racist drunk and would walk across the road on purpose in front people vehicle. My mother is not exactly indian but he would walk across the road in front her ranger, did it twice with me in the front seat. She contemplated flooring the x on both occasions as well as her brother that was in the panel van. I myself contemplated riding pavement and showing him under whatever I driving.

He is our neighbor.

One of the boys from in that panel van is with TTPS as well as his first cousin and another relative. Jail was something that man had coming.

We didn't even know he in jail, is not like anyone misses him because many a day he drunk in a drain or side the road.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 10th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Nervewrecker, he's not in jail.

A decade after five killed, truck driver still awaiting trial
KHAMARIE RODRIGUEZ AUGUST 27, 2019

5d653fc4a5bf2.image.jpg

Charged: Balton Barnwell

5ab12a40aec07.image.jpg
5ab12a40aec07.image.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 3788 times

FLASHBACK: The scene of the accident at Mosquito Creek, La Romaine, in which five people were killed. Photo: TREVOR HACKETT

TEN years after a crash that killed three boys and two men at Mosquito Creek, South Oropouche, the driver of the truck involved in the tragedy is yet to go on trial.

Balton Barnwell was committed to stand trial on five offences of causing death by dangerous driving on August 15, 2009.

The 79-year-old was granted $100,000 bail on committal and allowed to go home.

The case has slipped from the minds of most, but not to the families of the victims or the people of Fyzabad.

On Sunday, members of the Citizens against Dangerous Driving held an annual Remembrance Day walkathon in Fyzabad. It was attended by the representatives of the MP for Fyzabad, Dr Lackram Bodoe.

The group honoured the memory of Sachin Maharaj, 9, Sachin Singh, 12, Rajkumar Deonarine, 14, Rishi Ramlochan,23, and Rajesh Ramnarine, 38, who died that day.

All five were from Fyzabad.

The group, Citizens Against Dangerous Driving, was formed to advocate and spread awareness about the effects of reckless driving on our roads in the memory of the five.

According to an Express report in 2009, Sachin Maharaj’s father Mahendra said: “It was around 11.30 a.m. We were all (17 people) heading along the Mosquito Creek for the “Balls of Fire’ cricket game in Port of Spain when a truck crashed into us.

“We were in a small maxi. Of all 17 of us, only one suffered minor injuries.

Nobody could possibly imagine the horror that we have all faced on that day and what we still have to deal with. I spent 21 days in the hospital. My other son, Darshan, suffered brain damage. All of our lives were changed.”

Sunday’s walk started at the South Oropouche Community Centre and went through the community of Oropouche, St Johns Trace and ended at the starting point.

Barnwell was charged by Sgt Vijay Ramdhanie and represented by attorney Jagdeo Singh.
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ec23b.html

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 11th, 2020, 1:33 am

As we on history, whatever happened to:

The son of a now deceased controversial construction tycoon that was driving an audi Q7 and killed a father and son who just came from the market to sell produce?

Altezza girl who knock down the police officer?

Relative of now a deceased former President of the Senate who knock down another police officer with a miata? Last I heard he got bail.

What about the fella, the son of a well known Tunapuna businessman, who was driving a VW Touareg and like an argument took place while driving and there was some tugging of the steering wheel?

If anyone has updates, please share, thanks.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » September 11th, 2020, 6:12 am

agent007 wrote:As we on history, whatever happened to:

The son of a now deceased controversial construction tycoon that was driving an audi Q7 and killed a father and son who just came from the market to sell produce?

Relative of now a deceased former President of the Senate who knock down another police officer with a miata? Last I heard he got bail.

What about the fella, the son of a well known Tunapuna businessman, who was driving a VW Touareg and like an argument took place while driving and there was some tugging of the steering wheel?

Money made these disappear especially Q7

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 11th, 2020, 7:37 am

This is the NORM now in Maraval and around the savannah, so many of them, and some even have "T" registration and pulling bull, know your rights people, if you ever get into an accident with one of these ILLLEGAL fvkers, go straight to the police station, they have NO CASE as technically they have no insurance for driving on the roads doing something other than what their policy covers, 9 out of 10 times the driver is just the driver and the owner will more than settle out of court and fix your car for fear of being prosecuted...
ALl of this ILLEGAL PH and now HT should have been stopped a long time ago... cant remember which government did it , but they are the reason for the surge in private taxis as they allowed it.

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » September 11th, 2020, 8:12 am

The article implies that there were 17 passengers in that van. No wonder the outcome was so tragic.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 11th, 2020, 8:58 am

Chase village this morning
Attachments
IMG-20200911-WA0037.jpg

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » September 12th, 2020, 4:01 pm

agent007 wrote:As we on history, whatever happened to:

That last one with the tugging of the steering, was that where the vehicle crossed the median and hit a pickup?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 13th, 2020, 7:25 am

I may have to revisit the article but I dont recall any pickup nah. The only pickup I recall is the mazda in which Mr K wiped out a father and son and had produce scattered all over the road.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 13th, 2020, 8:07 am

Khalil Karamath

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 13th, 2020, 8:17 am

The guy who knocked down the family on the Beetham....?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 13th, 2020, 8:29 am

Redman wrote:The guy who knocked down the family on the Beetham....?

The police officer?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 13th, 2020, 9:35 am

Yes..

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 15th, 2020, 10:59 am

One can only hope that criminal charges will be brought up against the driver. His judgement told him that 9 people was ok to transport in a car laid for 5 persons.

Drivers warned against overcrowding vehicles after weekend crash

Carrying more people than a vehicle was designed to carry risks the lives of passengers and other road users.

The warning comes from the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) following a serious accident in Central Trinidad on Sunday which left the nine victims, including six children, with brain trauma, factures and other injuries.

The victims were taken to hospital for treatment and officers of the Couva Police Station are continuing investigations.

The vehicle involved in the accident, an AD Wagon, is licensed for five people, including the driver.

The TTPS said having additional people in the vehicle places the occupants and other road users at extremely high risk, as evidenced by the multiple injuries sustained in the collision due to the unrestrained occupants.

The TTPS continues to appeal to all road users to obey road traffic rules to ensure their safety.

Overcrowding of a motor vehicle is an offence under the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, Chapter 48:50, under Regulation 38 Rule 16 carrying a fine of TT$1,000 and three demerit points.

TTPS Road Safety Coordinator, Sgt Brent Batson, warns drivers that overcrowding vehicles can compromise the safe operations of a motor vehicle by negatively affecting its steering, suspension and braking capabilities due to excessive weight, elements essential to maintaining vehicle control. occupants.

“Everyone has an important role to support road safety to save lives and keep families together,” he said.

A total of 65 people have lost their lives in road traffic crashes compared to 90 for the same period last year.
http://www.looptt.com/content/drivers-w ... kend-crash

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 15th, 2020, 11:12 am

Worse yet in an AD

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 16th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Earlier today
Attachments
IMG-20200916-WA0203.jpg
IMG-20200916-WA0204.jpg
IMG-20200916-WA0206.jpg
IMG-20200916-WA0202.jpg

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 17th, 2020, 8:05 am

Only one person who has the right of way in a t-bone accident

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 17th, 2020, 11:25 am

d toyota sink in d 14 rel deep yes but d front eh looking like it did so much damage to d 14 ....

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » September 17th, 2020, 11:28 am

Idk nah. It look like airbags deployed. But thats why tbone accidents are so dangerous. There is no crumple up zone on the sides of a car. Yet still men does be rushing out side streets without a care in the world.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”