this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

chippy
Street 2NR

GATE - Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses

Postby chippy » September 11th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Well I dunno what to say again about GATE. *SMFH*
Just a warning to all GATE students:

If you received GATE funding and did not complete the program, you need to PAY DEM BACK!!

Just paid over $7000 in reimbursement fees!!
:roll:

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Re: GATE - Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses

Postby ADONI » September 11th, 2014, 4:31 pm

I would sure hope so OP!

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 11th, 2014, 4:32 pm

chippy wrote:Well I dunno what to say again about GATE. *SMFH*

:| I would say "Good going GATE. Make all those lazy MOFOs pay back the money that they have wasted by not completing the programmes!"

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » September 11th, 2014, 4:32 pm

So y u jus didnt complete the program??

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » September 11th, 2014, 4:38 pm

well is your fault OP you is a cacahole delinquent

spanish
Sweet on this forum

Postby spanish » September 11th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Look bacchanal now...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 11th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Seeing OP didn't read the document before he signed it.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 11th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Feel i owe dem ah 3k

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » September 11th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Opee doh tell meh yuh went Costaatt n fail a Management course?

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » September 11th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Those terms and conditions were on the GATE forms you signed.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » September 11th, 2014, 5:04 pm

If u cannot read d GATE form how d hell u expect to pass yuh exams.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » September 11th, 2014, 5:44 pm

I always this was a myth with ple paying GATE back for an incomplete course

Good Going
Hope there are more honest individuals who can do the same.

javishm
punchin NOS

Postby javishm » September 11th, 2014, 5:45 pm

hoss opieee....u set urself up with this one....

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » September 11th, 2014, 6:23 pm

It damn good, kudos to GATE.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 11th, 2014, 6:32 pm

thanks to many who don't pay back or complete
http://www.nationnews.com/articles/view ... s-fees-up/

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Finally GATE taking action. Why do a course and not take it seriously? waste of time and money if you ask me. Offcourse there are those who had financial problems take SAM for example there is pounds so if you fall short you fack up GATE but not necessarily your fault.

If the government goes after every single one of them who took GATE for a Joke they would be able to recover enough money to buy a new rapid rail train system.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » September 11th, 2014, 7:30 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Finally GATE taking action. Why do a course and not take it seriously? waste of time and money if you ask me. Offcourse there are those who had financial problems take SAM for example there is pounds so if you fall short you fack up GATE but not necessarily your fault.

If the government goes after every single one of them who took GATE for a Joke they would be able to recover enough money to buy a new rapid rail train system.

Well he had that coming.

What I don't understand is GATE funding being pulled 2 years into a program with no reason given. Students left to pay outstanding debts left by GATE and then forced to withdraw from said program because they couldn't afford it under normal circumstances.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » September 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Take a student loan like everyone else did.

Pay it back when you graduate and find employment.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 11th, 2014, 7:46 pm

friday come early

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2014, 8:09 pm

neexis wrote:Well he had that coming.

What I don't understand is GATE funding being pulled 2 years into a program with no reason given. Students left to pay outstanding debts left by GATE and then forced to withdraw from said program because they couldn't afford it under normal circumstances.

Not quite sure I understand.

Why would GATE pull funding 2 years into a program with no given reason?
By law you are allowed GATE as long as you hold true to your obligated contract and you FINISH what you started.

I do not think GATE pulls out of any program that you are doing that would be childish. Also would that also not go against their agreement?

I mean you are retaining your 2.0 GPA obligation and doing everything the correct way. Why would GATE pull funding? this would be illegal. It has a girl in my class currently who well she comes for a resit class for Maths. Anyways today she was telling me she lost gate funding when I inquired why, after much harassing and being a nuisance she gave up and admitted to me that her GPA was 1 just to get me to piss off.

I was satisfied I got the answer so atleast I know it wasn't pulled magically for no reason as she had made me originally believe.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on September 11th, 2014, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 11th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Didn't read the contract, I see.
good going GATE, get rid of the freeloading abusers

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2014, 8:18 pm

I imagine if I had to refund GATE for SAM I would have owed them $25,000 TT
This is taking into account these private schools charge a premium price for tertiary education that consists of ms word and power point that you do in high school. Government needs to pull GATE from most of these private schools as they are currently selling degrees worth absolutely NOTHING.

I know quite a number of people right now who went SAM and dropped out that owe gate that money and they does be right here on tuner. I pray they don't see this thread because it is clear that GATE intends to collect whats owed to them!!

To everyone I suggest you go back to these schools and beg to resit your exams. It will cost much cheaper than refunding GATE because incase you didn't know, these private schools are charging far more for tuition than what they would normally charge since they know its the government footing the bill. So in the end its the students who getting shaft if they fail, you will end up paying double!!

This is why GATE should never have covered private for profit schools. Even Obama is pulling all these loans and grants for people going to for profit schools in the US to do degrees. Many of these places are scammers only looking to make money and do not care about students at all. The solution is simple if you want to get into a state school like UTT or UWI then go to high school and write your CXC and A levels. Do it the long and hard way as the reward is far greater than shortcuts. Slow and steady wins the race!!!

Just imagine these private schools allow you to do Bsc degrees without even CXC. Its no wonder the degrees are worth nothing in the end and it has tons of people end up working for regency and becoming sufferers with these useless British degrees.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2014, 8:33 pm

Another thing I would like to point out, many of these private for profit schools allow students to enter Bsc Programs without basic secondary school education which is a recipe for disaster. 90% of these students will fail because of this and the schools do not care at all. All they care about is getting money so they let anyone even vagrants do these Bsc british degrees now.

So to be a bit fair its not entirely the fault of all students when they fail, there are entry requirements for these degrees for a reason. Look at a real University like UWI if you do not meet a strict requirement then you are simply rejected. So people end up going to these private schools who take them saying doh worry nah bai we go take yuh with yuh 2 cxc O level even though yuh fail maths and english.

The government is slack on this matter. Because they are essentially allowing 18 year old people now out of school who knows nothing about serious decisions like this and who eh pass anything in CXC to do these degrees that has no entry requirements and even if they say CXC in the newspaper ad in reality they still take you or offer you some jokey useless "business certificate" essentially a sufferer paper to cover their ass but in reality you just as clueless when you got that 2 cxc o levels.
Because guess what they still give you that "focus class" which is essentially questions coming for exams.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on September 11th, 2014, 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 11th, 2014, 8:39 pm

you doh talk to people in real life?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2014, 8:43 pm

^ No... I also have no intentions of doing so as its usually a waste of my time and I would have a far greater chance of being physically assaulted. Therefore I prefer the keyboard warrior life.

If however you disagree with anything I said feel free to point it out and I will respond as politely and best as I can.

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » September 11th, 2014, 9:05 pm

The nerve of some people. This guy thinks he was victimized. Hahahahaha

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » September 11th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Effectic talkin sense, all those fly by night places offering business degrees are very questionable

Just test any roytec graduate with their "degree" to appreciate how clueless they really are
Last edited by pioneer on September 11th, 2014, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 11th, 2014, 9:17 pm

silent_riot wrote:Those terms and conditions were on the GATE forms you signed.

Yup it was.

However you can say I am in the OP's shoes as well. I was victimized by a lecturer at that UWI SCS for CBMT. Went to the principal at the time with the complaints all the way to where my grades were being kept. There was no submission of my mid term exam marks when they checked. All they could say to me was "Well you will have to do it over".

Not with the same kant there. Also I started working so I had no time for full time school to repeat that moron's class when I passed everything else comfortably.

If they think they getting back money from me, they crazy. I am all for the recovery of fees that was wasted behind ungrateful people by not completing the courses. But I completed mine, just didn't do over his subject and did not get my certificate. I did not leave the course half way through but as I did not get the cert, they consider it as being "uncompleted" which led me to having to pay in FULL my entire tuition etc at SBCS to pursue another program which was GATE funded.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » September 11th, 2014, 9:20 pm

You let a uwi lecturer pwn you so?

Bobolee

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2014, 9:49 pm

pioneer wrote:Effectic talkin sense, all those fly by night places offering business degrees are very questionable

Just test any roytec graduate with their "degree" to appreciate how clueless they really are

Yes if you ask these graduates very simple questions they cannot answer you. That in itself shows you the quality of education they received. And one of the main reasons those places actually has graduates with degrees who know nothing at all is not just because their degree holders lack basic high school education but because of the so called "focus classes"

The only exception to A levels would be if you did a UTT Diploma because UWI accepts diplomas from UTT as a guaranteed entry into their Bsc programs if you do not have A levels. Notice UWI does not recognize most of those "british" "foreign" diplomas. Thats because UWI is fully aware of whats going on in these places.

http://sta.uwi.edu/eng/electrical/admissions.asp

UWI entry requirements

UTT/TTIT Mechanical or Electrical Technician Diplomas with a 3.5 GPA or above;

NEC EEET and MEET Diplomas (Trinidad and Tobago) with a 3.5 GPA or above and a B+ in final year Mathematics;

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”