Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby dtopshottas » October 26th, 2020, 10:03 pm

Hello All,
Has anyone had luck running Roblox App on Android/PC on a Digicel Home Internet connection? It only works when the VPN is activated or I connect to Flow/TSTT. What gives?

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 27th, 2020, 1:33 am

dtopshottas wrote:Hello All,
Has anyone had luck running Roblox App on Android/PC on a Digicel Home Internet connection? It only works when the VPN is activated or I connect to Flow/TSTT. What gives?

what model modem u have? u may need to port forward the following:

UDP: 49152-65535

let us know if u need guidance.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 27th, 2020, 11:52 am

redmanjp wrote:^ does that apply to hbo max or hbo now as well?

:lol: hope you eventually saw the dates in the poster.

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » October 28th, 2020, 4:48 am

stev wrote:
dtopshottas wrote:Hello All,

what model modem u have? u may need to port forward the following:

UDP: 49152-65535

let us know if u need guidance.

Using the HG8245Q router. Tried the port forwarding thing with no luck. Not even Digicel's Techs could figure it out. Told me to search port forwarding. LOL.

slymester
Riding on 13's

Postby slymester » October 28th, 2020, 5:33 am

Nice spelling lol.
From https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/home ... ernet.html

Edit: Looks like that page has more grammatical errors.
Step 3 : Submit your request here and a representation from our customer care team will reach out to complete the set up!

Think they mean a representative

Its that easy. Sign up today for your Modern Fibre Package

It's that easy ...
Attachments
Capture.JPG

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » November 3rd, 2020, 3:42 am

Anyone attempted to pay their bill online since Digicel updated their website? It seems to be giving trouble.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 3rd, 2020, 12:45 pm

psychomatic wrote:Anyone attempted to pay their bill online since Digicel updated their website? It seems to be giving trouble.

yeah i had issues last week.
but this link eventually worked for me Digicel Pay Site logged in via email.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 3rd, 2020, 7:45 pm

psychomatic wrote:Anyone attempted to pay their bill online since Digicel updated their website? It seems to be giving trouble.

https://billpaynow.digicelgroup.com:808 ... ypeValue=0

i use this link all the time.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » November 4th, 2020, 6:42 am

was getting problems logging in , so i used the mydigicel app

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » November 6th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Real bad packet loss, totally unusable internet tonite, anyone else getting issues?

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » November 7th, 2020, 1:50 am

no speed issues but my bill went up by $300 for some reason. wtf?

even digicel support confused. :lol:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 25th, 2020, 9:44 am

Bill Pay site down again. Anyone had any luck paying via live chat? Going to the store is not preferred.

chatted with a CSR.
online bill payment via app or website is not expected to be resolved anytime soon.
payment via lotto booth takes 24-48 hours to apply to account. today is the 25th bill's are considred past due on the 27th.
payment should be applied during the course of the day if paid at one of their stores.
i'm now forced into the masses.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 25th, 2020, 10:53 am

wagonrunner wrote:Bill Pay site down again. Anyone had any luck paying via live chat? Going to the store is not preferred.

chatted with a CSR.
online bill payment via app or website is not expected to be resolved anytime soon.
payment via lotto booth takes 24-48 hours to apply to account. today is the 25th bill's are considred past due on the 27th.
payment should be applied during the course of the day if paid at one of their stores.
i'm now forced into the masses.

i got in... try the password option instead of the code texted to you

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » November 25th, 2020, 9:45 pm

Anyone using a VPN to stream Netflix, HBO Max etc? Any issues doing so?

Considering switching from Flow to Digicel...

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » November 25th, 2020, 10:27 pm

Swisha wrote:Anyone using a VPN to stream Netflix, HBO Max etc? Any issues doing so?

Using it for Netflix and Disney+ no issues. You will just get the Caribbean content. Express VPN works flawless with the Netflix USA/UK. Cat and mouse with the Disney+. Haven't tried HBO Max or Hulu.

Only issue I have is Roblox for the children. I need the VPN for that.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 26th, 2020, 11:19 am

st7 wrote:i got in... try the password option instead of the code texted to you

i only use the password option (pc web browser).
and got in once or twice. but get an error whenever attempting to pay bill.
Were you able to pay a bill?

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » November 26th, 2020, 4:37 pm

dtopshottas wrote:
Swisha wrote:Anyone using a VPN to stream Netflix, HBO Max etc? Any issues doing so?

Using it for Netflix and Disney+ no issues. You will just get the Caribbean content. Express VPN works flawless with the Netflix USA/UK. Cat and mouse with the Disney+. Haven't tried HBO Max or Hulu.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you switch from Flow by chance?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 26th, 2020, 9:30 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
st7 wrote:i got in... try the password option instead of the code texted to you

i only use the password option (pc web browser).
and got in once or twice. but get an error whenever attempting to pay bill.
Were you able to pay a bill?

oh ho... nah i didnt try to pay anything. was checking for you lol

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 28th, 2020, 8:20 am

Ps4 users with digicel...have u guys done the speed test on ps4 and gotten ip fragmentation error? And nat type2 taking long to pop up? I changed my mtu settings and it fix the error temporary

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » November 29th, 2020, 10:33 am

Swisha wrote:
dtopshottas wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Did you switch from Flow by chance?

Switched from Flow about 4 years ago. The issue was the fact that I live in the bush and everyone in the street was on the splitter from Flow the bandwidth took a hit when everyone got home. Technician stated the distance of the lines caused "noise". But Roblox worked normal and the PlayStation as they don't need much bandwidth. Not the streaming services on your 1080p + television, quality did take a hit. But Digicel customer service is hit or miss :roll:

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » November 29th, 2020, 11:41 am

dtopshottas wrote:Switched from Flow about 4 years ago. The issue was the fact that I live in the bush and everyone in the street was on the splitter from Flow the bandwidth took a hit when everyone got home. Technician stated the distance of the lines caused "noise". But Roblox worked normal and the PlayStation as they don't need much bandwidth. Not the streaming services on your 1080p + television, quality did take a hit. But Digicel customer service is hit or miss :roll:

I haven't really had any issues with Flow all these years but I can't understand their crappy upload speeds. I have 150Mbps down but only 15Mbps up? Madness.

I decided to finally get rid of the cable package I'm paying for and depend on the internet service instead for the streaming services so that's why I'm trying to decide if to switch to Digicel or not...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 17th, 2020, 2:56 pm

i now have service from digicel in my area - a rep called me and said that unlike other ISPs there is no slow down due to everyone in your street being on at peak times. is this true?

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » December 17th, 2020, 3:27 pm

redmanjp wrote:i now have service from digicel in my area - a rep called me and said that unlike other ISPs there is no slow down due to everyone in your street being on at peak times. is this true?

My entire street has Digicel (35+ houses) and I never experienced any decrease in speeds during peak times....

...not sure if anyone else has issues during peak hours.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » December 18th, 2020, 4:49 am

stev wrote:
redmanjp wrote:i now have service from digicel in my area - a rep called me and said that unlike other ISPs there is no slow down due to everyone in your street being on at peak times. is this true?

My entire street has Digicel (35+ houses) and I never experienced any decrease in speeds during peak times....

...not sure if anyone else has issues during peak hours.
I agree, never have speed issues, peak time or not, my biggest issue is connection quality, had a time before internet used to stop responding for a minute and that used to happen like every 10-15 mins. Haven't had that issue in a while

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 31st, 2020, 12:26 am

Well i got connected a week ago and enjoying my 100mb speed. however i only get that on my laptop when connected via a lan cable direct to my router. on wireless i get anywhere between 20-40 max. from digicel router. on my personal wireless router (connected to digicel's router) and a wireless extender i had in order for the tv which is far away from both routers to get coverage i'm only getting between 8-15 mb as measured on my phone. when i check the latency/ping to the router from a laptop on wifi it ranges from 10ms to as much as 300ms. imagine getting from the modem to their speedtest server is faster (2-3ms) than my laptop to the router right here in my home.

i was considering whether:
1. to get a wifi6 wireless router but not sure if there will be any benefit as i don't have wifi6 devices,
2. to get a pair powerline wifi adapters and use the house wiring as the connection,
3. the final option which i tried tonight- i used the lan cable for the tv cable box, plugged it into my laptop to see if i would get internet and i did! full 100mb.
so i'm wondering if digicel have any objections to using the cable for the cable box for internet. anyone else has done this? i could simply use the extender and buy a small 4 port switch and have 1 cable for the cable box and the other going to the extender so hopefully i eliminate at least some of the wifi latency.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » December 31st, 2020, 1:52 am

^^
doesn't matter if it the cable connects to the digiplay box, or a switch or a router, even the wifi repeater.

as far as the wifi goes, i'm betting the encryption is set to use TKIP, check it, and if so change it to use only AES.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 31st, 2020, 2:57 am

The Digicel router uses TKIP+AES. However the latency is mainly on my wifi router which I am keeping for now as I setup many smart devices on that SSID.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 1st, 2021, 11:32 pm

I realized the tv box can also act as a wifi hotspot so I'll try using that to see if that's better.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » January 2nd, 2021, 6:10 am

redmanjp wrote:I realized the tv box can also act as a wifi hotspot so I'll try using that to see if that's better.
I was now going to tell you about this, saves having to run more wire and it works properly, I tried it out, less latency too

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 2nd, 2021, 2:13 pm

Kronik wrote:
redmanjp wrote:I realized the tv box can also act as a wifi hotspot so I'll try using that to see if that's better.
I was now going to tell you about this, saves having to run more wire and it works properly, I tried it out, less latency too

Yes so I'm getting between 30-40 mb from the hotspot, not quite the 100mb I get with a wired connection but better than the 8-15 mb i was getting with my extender. The latency of the hotspot is 3-5 ms to the Digicel router.

The only thing is the hotspot turns off when the box is off so if the tv and box are off (the box's remote is programmed to turn off both) we would still need my extender to fall back on for wifi on phones while in the tv room as well as 1 or 2 smart switches. The Digicel router signal is stronger than my router so perhaps that would be enough elsewhere.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”