this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby Kronik » January 2nd, 2021, 3:38 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Kronik wrote:
redmanjp wrote:I realized the tv box can also act as a wifi hotspot so I'll try using that to see if that's better.
I was now going to tell you about this, saves having to run more wire and it works properly, I tried it out, less latency too

Yes so I'm getting between 30-40 mb from the hotspot, not quite the 100mb I get with a wired connection but better than the 8-15 mb i was getting with my extender. The latency of the hotspot is 3-5 ms to the Digicel router.

The only thing is the hotspot turns off when the box is off so if the tv and box are off (the box's remote is programmed to turn off both) we would still need my extender to fall back on for wifi on phones while in the tv room as well as 1 or 2 smart switches. The Digicel router signal is stronger than my router so perhaps that would be enough elsewhere.
That never happens with mine, programmed the blue button for the TV power so only the TV comes off.

And for you to actually get 100mbps over WiFi is very difficult, maybe over a 5Ghz network and very close proximity to the router, or if you have two compatible devices using MIMO

Amit
Sweet on this forum

Postby Amit » January 14th, 2021, 9:39 pm

Good night
Your review of digicel packages . I’m considering taking the 500 package.
At present we have flow

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 15th, 2021, 10:30 pm

Kronik wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Kronik wrote:
redmanjp wrote:I realized the tv box can also act as a wifi hotspot so I'll try using that to see if that's better.
I was now going to tell you about this, saves having to run more wire and it works properly, I tried it out, less latency too

Yes so I'm getting between 30-40 mb from the hotspot, not quite the 100mb I get with a wired connection but better than the 8-15 mb i was getting with my extender. The latency of the hotspot is 3-5 ms to the Digicel router.

The only thing is the hotspot turns off when the box is off so if the tv and box are off (the box's remote is programmed to turn off both) we would still need my extender to fall back on for wifi on phones while in the tv room as well as 1 or 2 smart switches. The Digicel router signal is stronger than my router so perhaps that would be enough elsewhere.
That never happens with mine, programmed the blue button for the TV power so only the TV comes off.

And for you to actually get 100mbps over WiFi is very difficult, maybe over a 5Ghz network and very close proximity to the router, or if you have two compatible devices using MIMO

yeah i realize. but i was hoping for at least 60.

anyone using the new wifi 6 routers? im wondering if this can give faster speeds without the clients also having to be wifi 6. i feel the lower speed is because of interference- we have quite a few wifi routers nearby and with digicel now in the area it is increasing.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 16th, 2021, 7:48 am

The poor wireless speed is most likely due to poor hardware on your devices. There are about 20 Digicel APs and about 5 Huawei (TSTT) around my apt building not to mention android and firestick wifi etc all with strong signal from my laptop and i still receive d full 250Mbps using the default modem, when i saw this i throw my WiFi6 NFR FortiAP back in d box lol.

djjerry
Riding on 13's

Postby djjerry » January 16th, 2021, 1:21 pm

hay eveyone i have a digicel data only sim in a huawei 4g routher it works perfictly with regular sim that has data but this specific data only sim dosent work can someone help me out idk if the apn is different from the regular sim or if there is other settings i may have to change

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 22nd, 2021, 1:35 pm

had some trouble using the Mydigicel app over the weekend specifically when i select Bills and activity, it was saying check your internet connection although i could browse website and youtube.

I'm getting through via a wifi connection at work though.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » February 22nd, 2021, 2:39 pm

Same here. Was trying to pay my Digicel+ bill in the app and the account page wasn't loading when I switched to that account. When I closed the app and tried to reopen, it kept crashing. Had to delete the app and reinstall.

Ended up paying the bill through the website instead

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 31st, 2021, 6:32 pm

Anyone ever successfully setup an incoming VPN on a Digicel Huawei HG8245whatever modem?

The connection installed for redundancy (digicel) is only good for outgoing traffic.
I'm using a multiWAN router.

ALL the FLOW port forwards work. (30, 7731, PPTP, L2TP). Only the 7731 port forward on the Digicel works.
I can connect to (30, 7731, PPTP, L2TP) using the internal IP while connected to the Digicel LAN ports.
The ports (30, 7731, PPTP, L2TP) also show as closed on the Digicel modem using online port checkers.

Rivalry
Ricer

Postby Rivalry » April 1st, 2021, 12:14 pm

Anybody know how to open ports for gaming on the Digicel Modem/Router

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » April 2nd, 2021, 8:12 pm

I have been searching this port forwarding issue with the router and I just can't get it. I really think Digicel doesn't allow it on the router even though your settings are inputed. Someone with more I.T. knowledge can help me. If I use a VPN it works if the VPN is off it doesn't :cry: but no issues with Flow or TSTT

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 3rd, 2021, 1:22 am

dtopshottas wrote:I have been searching this port forwarding issue with the router and I just can't get it. I really think Digicel doesn't allow it on the router even though your settings are inputed. Someone with more I.T. knowledge can help me. If I use a VPN it works if the VPN is off it doesn't :cry: but no issues with Flow or TSTT

Digicel CSR - Digicel allows VPN connections.
From what I have seen so far, apparently only outgoing. Why is why im so curious if anyone has a working incoming VPN connection.
It's a Huawei Router.
The firmware on it via Digicel 's request is the issue
The exact same router with either Huawei's "stock" firmware, or firmware to other ISPS does not have these issues.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » April 6th, 2021, 1:27 am

wagonrunner wrote:
dtopshottas wrote:I have been searching this port forwarding issue with the router and I just can't get it. I really think Digicel doesn't allow it on the router even though your settings are inputed. Someone with more I.T. knowledge can help me. If I use a VPN it works if the VPN is off it doesn't :cry: but no issues with Flow or TSTT

Digicel CSR - Digicel allows VPN connections.
From what I have seen so far, apparently only outgoing. Why is why im so curious if anyone has a working incoming VPN connection.
It's a Huawei Router.
The firmware on it via Digicel 's request is the issue
The exact same router with either Huawei's "stock" firmware, or firmware to other ISPS does not have these issues.

there's your problem....ask a CSR to log a ticket for you with an engineer...insist if necessary

explain to the engineer what you are trying to accomplish and they will try their best to assist...if the engineer is reluctant, ask for an explanation or request another engineer....you have the right to do so.

my issue was related to a minecraft and plex server I hosted and it turned out to be ''restrictions'' on their end that I had removed just by explaining my intention to an engineer.

the so call "restrictions" were never explained or justified but my service is working as intended.

i initiated the ticket via their chat:

"good day, I would like to xxxxx can you please open a ticket with one of your engineers? thank you"

don't bash the CSRs...they just doing what they are paid to do.

VLDS
Street 2NR

Postby VLDS » April 6th, 2021, 9:53 am

This routing issue is my gripe with Digicel.
We converted to our office to Digicel and unlike flow there's no one button modem only mode. And there seems to be no way of getting it set to modem only mode after much communication with our reps from Digicel.
Port forwarding never sticks on the Digicel router and due to this our remote back up solutions do not work properly and constantly lose the connection.
At home I am sticking with Flow, even though the uploads aren't great, it does allow me to go into modem only mode which I need to do my own routing as I host my own VPN server, a plex server and self hosted cloud storage, among other things I need port forwarding for.
Digicel really needs to do something about this. For the average home user most of these are not a concern, but for a business environment its a real headache.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 15th, 2021, 9:51 pm

Looking to change ISP. Any opinions on the following would be appreciated:
- How often does Digicel's (residential) internet service go down unexpectedly?
- When it does go down, how long is the down time typically, minutes or hours?
- What's their customer support like, helpful or frustrating?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 15th, 2021, 9:58 pm

from chaguanas. had digicel for about 5 yrs i think..and i cant recall when it ever went down.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » April 15th, 2021, 10:05 pm

2ndchance wrote:Looking to change ISP. Any opinions on the following would be appreciated:

For someone with that name you sure ain't giving your current ISP one if you want a change. :)

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 15th, 2021, 10:12 pm

DMan7 wrote:
2ndchance wrote:Looking to change ISP. Any opinions on the following would be appreciated:

For someone with that name you sure ain't giving your current ISP one if you want a change. :)

:lol:

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 16th, 2021, 12:51 am

Customer service poor and constantly declining. I think they send home some people recently now it seems impossible to get to talk to a csr.

Technological capabilities seem to be on the decline too as the old version of the multiscreen app used to allow pause, rewind and playback. After they finally get the new version to work after months, none of that.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 16th, 2021, 9:33 pm

st7 wrote:from chaguanas. had digicel for about 5 yrs i think..and i cant recall when it ever went down.

Wow! An ISP whose internet service does not go down? Didn't think that existed.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 16th, 2021, 9:40 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Customer service poor and constantly declining. I think they send home some people recently now it seems impossible to get to talk to a csr.

Technological capabilities seem to be on the decline too as the old version of the multiscreen app used to allow pause, rewind and playback. After they finally get the new version to work after months, none of that.

Hmm. Doesn't sound good. What about your internet service? Is it reliable?
Can you actually talk to a Digicel csr, like hold a conversation, not typing in a chat box? The last time I called Digicel support, it was all automated.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » April 16th, 2021, 10:16 pm

2ndchance wrote:
st7 wrote:from chaguanas. had digicel for about 5 yrs i think..and i cant recall when it ever went down.

it prolly has, but either it happened when i wasnt home, or it happened a few times and it didnt really register to me cause... a few in 5 yrs is like few grain of sand

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 16th, 2021, 10:31 pm

Yup the internet doesn't really "drop" like some others.

But when you call them it's just a big run around of automated messages. I think Digicel now operating with a very small staff. We had work to do with the technicians and they doing 3 jobs a day in all different areas. They only came on the third occasion they were scheduled come. 2nd time they didn't even call to say they weren't coming.

They used to be really good.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 16th, 2021, 10:35 pm

st7 wrote:
2ndchance wrote:

it prolly has, but either it happened when i wasnt home, or it happened a few times and it didnt really register to me cause... a few in 5 yrs is like few grain of sand

I've had my current provider for a bit under 2 years and the data stopped flowing a few times well. Sometimes it was down for less than an hour but most times it was more.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 16th, 2021, 11:47 pm

hasn't gone down since i took it late december a few days b4 xmas.

i suppose it would have only gone down when there was the under sea cable had a problem a couple months ago or something like that which affected all ISPs.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 16th, 2021, 11:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:

have only had to call my sales rep when they overcharge me in the beginning but never had to call customer service.

i suppose it would have only gone down when there was the under sea cable that had a problem a couple months ago or something like that which affected all ISPs.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 17th, 2021, 8:25 pm

stev wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:Digicel CSR - Digicel allows VPN connections.

"good day, I would like to xxxxx can you please open a ticket with one of your engineers? thank you"

you may be surprised that Digicel's engineers and managers are CSR's.
they have witnessed the issue posed, and are working on it.

there are no issues i have seen with forwarding ports over 1023.
Could you say which ports and protocols you required an engineer ticket to get opened?
stev wrote:my issue was related to a minecraft and plex server

https://portforward.com/minecraft/ and https://support.plex.tv/articles/200289506-remote-access/
the port forwards for both are well above 1023, what was the issue?

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » April 18th, 2021, 12:46 am

wagonrunner wrote:
stev wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:Digicel CSR - Digicel allows VPN connections.

you may be surprised that Digicel's engineers and managers are CSR's.
they have witnessed the issue posed, and are working on it.

there are no issues i have seen with forwarding ports over 1023.
Could you say which ports and protocols you required an engineer ticket to get opened?
stev wrote:my issue was related to a minecraft and plex server

https://portforward.com/minecraft/ and https://support.plex.tv/articles/200289506-remote-access/
the port forwards for both are well above 1023, what was the issue?

:lol: wouldn't doubt that

dred...my Minecraft server just refused to work no matter what I did.....after the guy 'did something' it started working....he didnt even say what was the issue. My PCP configs were removed 'in the process' though....when I added them back it worked.

but one thing to note.....when I first got Digicel, my server used to work fine via port mapping option (not PCP)....since my last upgrade, the WAN option only shows the IPTV, not the internet...

Untitled.png

i'll contact them tomorrow and see if i can get to the bottom of it...

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 18th, 2021, 1:49 am

stev, or anyone else actually,
can you do a PCP forward for TCP 1023 to any internal IP (tv box is fine) , no pcp port proposal
and say if it shows as successful or unsuccessful.

Do not post images with your IP.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 18th, 2021, 3:15 am

Almost 4 months. Not bad.
redmanjp wrote:

i suppose it would have only gone down when there was the under sea cable had a problem a couple months ago or something like that which affected all ISPs.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » April 18th, 2021, 3:29 am

wagonrunner wrote:stev, or anyone else actually,
can you do a PCP forward for TCP 1023 to any internal IP (tv box is fine) , no pcp port proposal
and say if it shows as successful or unsuccessful.

Do not post images with your IP.

Port 1023 unsuccessful wtf

ok this is sheit.....i need to know why :evil:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”