Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

johncel
Street 2NR

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby johncel » December 5th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Digicel is brilliant they always have a shot while the entry level is great internet and all the major networks, the 349 plan has nothing to watch not one good channel no bet no mtv no a&e so you have to pay more for something to watch they are the smartest thing on earth, give with one hand and take twice as much with the other.

m3993
Riding on 13's

Postby m3993 » December 6th, 2015, 2:42 am

johncel wrote:Digicel is brilliant they always have a shot while the entry level is great internet and all the major networks, the 349 plan has nothing to watch not one good channel no bet no mtv no a&e so you have to pay more for something to watch they are the smartest thing on earth, give with one hand and take twice as much with the other.

I don't know what you're complaining about because a 30Mb/s package and base cable package(89 channels) from flow costs $575 together, Digicel has another package with 142 channels(which includes a&e mtv bet etc) for only $419, even the package with 172 channels cost $499 which is still cheaper than flow and btw it's fibre internet -_-

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 6th, 2015, 10:49 am

^ Flow problem isn't because of the last mile Coaxial though, seems to be over-subscription. But you are right Digicel is simply better than Flow in every single way and a last mile of fiber straight in your house is eliminating an extra 12ms latency which does make it better at the end of the day.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Re: Digicel 100 down 30 up fibre optic internet.

Postby killercow » December 6th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Shio wrote:Digicel finally came

very happy with everything for now
tv is ok too (basic package though)
definitely faster than flow 15mb for the same $200

Is online sign-up the only way to sign up?
What about the time-frame between sign-up and installation?
Which area specifically in the north-west do you have the service?
Definitely interested in switchin from FLOW asap

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » December 7th, 2015, 11:54 am

What is needed to get digital fibre ? I see they are running their stuff in bamboo so should be available here in a few days I guess

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 7th, 2015, 12:12 pm

^ nah look how long they run everything up Piarco / St Helena here and I can't get as yet.

I think there is a lot more to do so expect a few months rather than few days.

m3993
Riding on 13's

Postby m3993 » December 7th, 2015, 1:01 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ nah look how long they run everything up Piarco / St Helena here and I can't get as yet.

I think there is a lot more to do so expect a few months rather than few days.

I doubt that, I spoke to someone and they said by Christmas week it should be available to sign up and they only ran lines 5 days ago where I live

SimSimmer69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SimSimmer69 » December 7th, 2015, 1:55 pm

My daily speed test from my Digicel fibre internet is usually 55Mbps Down/30 Mbps Up with less than 5 ms latency.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » December 7th, 2015, 9:14 pm

Saw them working endless here...halfway done

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » December 7th, 2015, 9:48 pm

noshownogo wrote:No blocking of Torrents or restrictions that I'm aware of and I've been using for weeks now, also play COD Blops3 on PS4 with less latency than Flow.

doesn't block the torrents or online gaming outright but it does restrict it in torrents... usually with utorrent once forwarded on TSTT it will show a green icon for fully open... but with the digicel it is restricting it so you don't get max connections... p2p apparently same.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

why not just allow for a certain amount of P2P bandwidth per month? is that possible?

Rather than limiting number of p2p connections?

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » December 7th, 2015, 10:21 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:why not just allow for a certain amount of P2P bandwidth per month? is that possible?

Rather than limiting number of p2p connections?

There is no "low priority" for p2p traffic on digicel...

Shio
Sweet on this forum

Postby Shio » December 8th, 2015, 12:15 am

killercow wrote:
Shio wrote:Digicel finally came

very happy with everything for now
tv is ok too (basic package though)
definitely faster than flow 15mb for the same $200

Is online sign-up the only way to sign up?
What about the time-frame between sign-up and installation?
Which area specifically in the north-west do you have the service?
Definitely interested in switchin from FLOW asap

Some ppl passed around and i signed with them
Time frame 1 mth with some harsh language involved
Located in diamond vale

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 8th, 2015, 12:25 am

Is there any chance that Flow would start working better if tons of people switch over to Digicel?

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » December 8th, 2015, 6:17 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Is there any chance that Flow would start working better if tons of people switch over to Digicel?

No...

Evoloution
Ricer

Postby Evoloution » December 9th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Did they say how many boxes r u allowed and d cost of the extra box. Right now i have 5 boxes with flow. Pay for 4.

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » December 10th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Evoloution wrote:Did they say how many boxes r u allowed and d cost of the extra box. Right now i have 5 boxes with flow. Pay for 4.

Any amout u want.. they extend on with a switch as all connections are ethernet after the fibre modem

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 10th, 2015, 2:58 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Is there any chance that Flow would start working better if tons of people switch over to Digicel?

Actually yes, given that their main problem is over subscription.

And funnily enough Digicel will start to slow down when more people go on. Simply by the nature of GPON which multiplexes multiple connections from a strand of fiber. Thing is fiber is a lot harder to saturate. But in theory in terms of the multiplexing it works no different to flow other than medium of connectivity.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 10th, 2015, 3:34 pm

^ well lets see what takes place, maybe when the customers split between flow and digice, flow will suddenly start to work better and perhaps these 2 ISPs will be able to support enough customers in this country. Then massy coming to split even more customers and take away the load from both digicel and flow.

So perhaps this is what we needed enough ISP to split the workload?

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » December 10th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Would that spit matter? Isn't it one cable running down from murica or that changed now? It's been a while since I was up to date.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 10th, 2015, 6:51 pm

amd-dude wrote:Would that spit matter? Isn't it one cable running down from murica or that changed now? It's been a while since I was up to date.

Flow, TSTT and Digicel has their own. But that main submarine cable isn't the problem at all, its the equipment that flow and TSTT has cannot accommodate the amount of subscribers and also flow and tstt tech have little knowledge and are also very ignorant of how computers and the internet works.

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » December 10th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Pure conjecture on your part. Let's talk about it and compare notes in 12 months time.

Comparing GPON sharing 2.5Gbps downlink between no more than 32 customers, and DOCSIS sharing 400Mbps amongst 125 customers leads me to think that there will be no comparison.

daxt0r wrote:And funnily enough Digicel will start to slow down when more people go on. Simply by the nature of GPON which multiplexes multiple connections from a strand of fiber. Thing is fiber is a lot harder to saturate. But in theory in terms of the multiplexing it works no different to flow other than medium of connectivity.

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » December 10th, 2015, 10:58 pm

amd-dude wrote:Would that spit matter? Isn't it one cable running down from murica or that changed now? It's been a while since I was up to date.

http://www.submarinecablemap.com/

And also, the whole brochure for those who didn't see it:

http://imgur.com/a/wyUDP

And it look like they update the site with some more info.
http://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/play.html

Please note that these prices are for a trial period only

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 11th, 2015, 2:07 am

Just imagine a couple months ago FLOW had an ad in the papers about their new revolutionary internet they even had the pics on facebook page. Was the GPON thing they were advertising coming to everyone's home at 1Gbps.

Then when I went on flow facebook page last week and I asked them where is this new revolutionary internet gigabit you all were so boldly advertising in the newspapers and on facebook. Flow facebook sent me a private message asking me where I got all this information from and where was this ad. They said they have no knowledge of any such thing that took place.

Do you all see the issue here? These people asking me about THEIR product ad they THEY spent thousands of dollars to post up in the express and newsday as if its something from another planet. They have absolutely 0 knowledge about any of this and strongly denies any such thing ever took place.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 11th, 2015, 2:18 am

It appears that you do not have to pay for any equipment from Digicel

http://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/play/ ... ernet.html

Says there you get free modem and installation etc. So where this talk come out from about paying $450 for equipment? I am not seeing any mention of this on the link that Shiro was talking about.

What you all think the prices would be after the trial period? since they made clear $199 is only for the trial period and how long will the trial period last.

I hte when companies behave so unscrupulous, tell us the damn price that you want let us know what your intentions are, my guess is they go hit we a 6 for 9. You have to take a 1 year contract but the trial period will be only for a few months and then they will charge you $300 a month and you will hence end up paying a sheit ton more.

This behavior Digicel done start with has me concerned, I am not taking this even if they have free installation I want the smoke to clear, see what the dry internet only package gonna cost etc, cause I doh trust these people.

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » December 11th, 2015, 6:38 am

First off effective stop complaining you can open an isp if none of the existing meets your needs. The 450 is a deposit that digicel holds for the contract period.

Second where the fu.ck do you people get your information? Docsis sharing 400mb? Unless you actually worked with the equipment dont just google something and tie that to an isp. Flow's issue is no longer congestion. That issue was fixed.. if u guys read what i said then you would understand that the issue is the BRAND ARRIS MODEMS. Flow's core is very strong. Digicel's core and ran is better due to the capacity we have on our transport system.. we have aggregated fibre links between hubs. If you dont know flow or digicel's backbones then ask someone who does before you all go on a public forum with false information

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » December 11th, 2015, 1:19 pm

I called FLOW too. Asked for the Gigabit service which they had been advertising, and what had been promoted by the gaming community.

"Not available" was the reply. Not in Westmoorings, not in Goodwood Park, not in Petit Valley, not in Maraval, not in Signature Park. I forgot to ask about Lange Park.

I gave up asking about specific locations, and could not get an answer about where it is available.

They refused to admit it was vaporware though.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Just imagine a couple months ago FLOW had an ad in the papers about their new revolutionary internet they even had the pics on facebook page. Was the GPON thing they were advertising coming to everyone's home at 1Gbps.

Then when I went on flow facebook page last week and I asked them where is this new revolutionary internet gigabit you all were so boldly advertising in the newspapers and on facebook. Flow facebook sent me a private message asking me where I got all this information from and where was this ad. They said they have no knowledge of any such thing that took place.

Do you all see the issue here? These people asking me about THEIR product ad they THEY spent thousands of dollars to post up in the express and newsday as if its something from another planet. They have absolutely 0 knowledge about any of this and strongly denies any such thing ever took place.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » December 11th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Caribnomad wrote:Pure conjecture on your part. Let's talk about it and compare notes in 12 months time.

Comparing GPON sharing 2.5Gbps downlink between no more than 32 customers, and DOCSIS sharing 400Mbps amongst 125 customers leads me to think that there will be no comparison.

daxt0r wrote:And funnily enough Digicel will start to slow down when more people go on. Simply by the nature of GPON which multiplexes multiple connections from a strand of fiber. Thing is fiber is a lot harder to saturate. But in theory in terms of the multiplexing it works no different to flow other than medium of connectivity.

even so' for someone as myself who has spent 5+ years paying $230 per month to TSTT for 2mb (usually less). any slow down on digicel's part will still be faster.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » December 11th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Caribnomad wrote:I called FLOW too. Asked for the Gigabit service which they had been advertising, and what had been promoted by the gaming community.

"Not available" was the reply. Not in Westmoorings, not in Goodwood Park, not in Petit Valley, not in Maraval, not in Signature Park. I forgot to ask about Lange Park.

I gave up asking about specific locations, and could not get an answer about where it is available.

They refused to admit it was vaporware though.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Just imagine a couple months ago FLOW had an ad in the papers about their new revolutionary internet they even had the pics on facebook page. Was the GPON thing they were advertising coming to everyone's home at 1Gbps.

@effectic

Code: Select all

http://i.imgur.com/iConD5B.jpg?1

@caribnomad there was a thread here by a certain "flow" moderator "what would you do with gigabit speeds" think it was mentioned that is was gulf city. not surprised the thread cannot be found now

:|

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » December 16th, 2015, 6:58 am

I saw some trucks running cables in penal. Had nova communications or technology on the side. Please tell me that is digicel.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”