Forums

***THE OFFICIAL TRAFFIC IMPROVEMENT THREAD***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

badandy
3NE 2NR for life

***THE OFFICIAL TRAFFIC IMPROVEMENT THREAD***

Postby badandy » June 23rd, 2014, 8:34 pm

This thread will deal with suggestions for things that will make driving easier on our roads.

e.g. Identify specific areas where there is a need for signs, road markings, lay byes, lane widening/lengthen, exclusive turning lanes, traffic light time adjustments,even new traffic lights, traffic plans etc.

Please include a proper location, the problem and the possible solution/s.

Crackpot
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: ***THE OFFICIAL TRAFFIC IMPROVEMENT THREAD***

Postby Crackpot » June 23rd, 2014, 8:41 pm

A change of government :|

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 23rd, 2014, 10:10 pm

First thing is to get all them Ole scrap iron cars that looking like they gonna fall apart off the road.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » June 23rd, 2014, 10:18 pm

Have roundabout awareness seminars, could even host them right in Woodford Cafe, Price Plaza.

olvoGTL
Ricer

Postby olvoGTL » June 23rd, 2014, 10:18 pm

Start a free bus shuttle service for cars with only driver from / to Brian Lara "stadium" to PoS during peak weekday hrs. 20$TT /day parking fee.

Install traffic lights at busy roundabouts for control at peak hrs. Uncaring persons enter and lock roundabout even though their exit is backed up.

1 policeman checking drivers' permits & ins at turnoffs to "cheat backroads" esp off highways.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » June 23rd, 2014, 10:32 pm

olvoGTL wrote:Start a free bus shuttle service for cars with only driver from / to Brian Lara "stadium" to PoS during peak weekday hrs. 20$TT /day parking fee.

Install traffic lights at busy roundabouts for control at peak hrs. Uncaring persons enter and lock roundabout even though their exit is backed up.

1 policeman checking drivers' permits & ins at turnoffs to "cheat backroads" esp off highways.

This would cause more traffic than you could ever imagine.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » June 23rd, 2014, 10:32 pm

olvoGTL wrote:Start a free bus shuttle service for cars with only driver from / to Brian Lara "stadium" to PoS during peak weekday hrs. 20$TT /day parking fee.

This would cause more traffic than you could ever imagine.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 23rd, 2014, 10:36 pm

move all traffic wardens and srp's from directing traffic.they cause more

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » June 23rd, 2014, 10:44 pm

pp.jpg

they should open back the north bound lane and the south bound lane on the Endeavour Flyover , to allow traffic to flow from Price plaza to exit onto the hi way north , instead of going all the way down to medford gas station and cause a traffic jam , and people heading from medford gas station to exit south on the flyover instead of going all the way to the round about causing more traffic
4 pm traffic ther is the worst :|

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 23rd, 2014, 11:32 pm

Actually I think they should build an on ramp off the road by republic bank there so people coming from price plaza to go north world turn left onto that road and then left again onto the highway so they never have to cross traffic like they do by the gas station.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » June 23rd, 2014, 11:51 pm

Project-JDM wrote:
pp.jpg

they should open back the north bound lane and the south bound lane on the Endeavour Flyover , to allow traffic to flow from Price plaza to exit onto the hi way north , instead of going all the way down to medford gas station and cause a traffic jam , and people heading from medford gas station to exit south on the flyover instead of going all the way to the round about causing more traffic

and how would this movement be regulated?....Traffic lights would need to be turned back on and this will take us back to square one.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » June 24th, 2014, 12:10 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Project-JDM wrote:
pp.jpg

and how would this movement be regulated?....Traffic lights would need to be turned back on and this will take us back to square one.

No lights and lets see if the traffic will ease up a bit , i feel it would not drastically but it may reduce the long wait to go up the ramp to exit onto the hi way

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » June 24th, 2014, 12:12 am

pete wrote:Actually I think they should build an on ramp off the road by republic bank there so people coming from price plaza to go north world turn left onto that road and then left again onto the highway so they never have to cross traffic like they do by the gas station.

i dont think they will build a nex ramp you forget they only build stuff in this country to get votes not ease up traffic or so the say :|

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » June 24th, 2014, 12:18 am

Project-JDM wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Project-JDM wrote:
pp.jpg

No lights and lets see if the traffic will ease up a bit , i feel it would not drastically but it may reduce the long wait to go up the ramp to exit onto the hi way

no way bro....I have experienced this on the chase village flyover....stuck on the middle of the flyover ....one car stop to turn right to head down the ramp to head up north.....bumper to bumper traffic so he cant move ...no space to head down the ramp...... and another driver in front of me indicator on ready to turn right to head down ramp towards south......same situation as stated....BOTTLENECK,,,,,,!!!!

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » June 24th, 2014, 7:24 am

MAke sure TAxis CANNOT STOP on the roads unless theres a designated Taxi shoulder.
If they did that ST James, The Savannah, Wrightson rd and many others would have much LESS traffic.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 24th, 2014, 7:52 am

What I mean

niso
Street 2NR

Postby niso » June 24th, 2014, 9:11 am

Employ more traffic wardens and traffic police on the interim to be deployed all around the country between 6-9am and 2-6pm weekdays until theres a permanent fix

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » June 24th, 2014, 9:14 am

1) Decentralize government services. Utilize e-services and deploy consolidated administration centres in towns and cities.
2) Implement traffic lights on minor entrances to highways. This will stop merging (like what happens at Caroni and Cunupia on mornings). Less merging means less slowing down and less traffic.
3) Utilize traffic monitoring systems to identify patterns and areas for improvement.
4) On the east-west corridor, implement U-turns and flyovers
5) All heavy equipment must only use the left most lane.

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » June 24th, 2014, 9:33 am

its very Hard to decentralize after the previous govt went and basically stumped that idea in the groin by building multi million dollar towers for govt offices in the heart of POS.
Aka
Board of inland revenue TOWER
Ministry of legal affairs TOWER
Customs house
LEase on private owned building in woodbrooke (formerly Toy store) now rented to Ministry for MILLIONS and millions

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » June 24th, 2014, 10:07 am

stop wimen and old farts from driving

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 24th, 2014, 10:12 am

But half breed, that means yuh go hotta travel dan.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » June 24th, 2014, 10:29 am

crazybalhead wrote:But half breed, that means yuh go hotta travel dan.

lol u to fass

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » June 24th, 2014, 10:50 am

Project-JDM wrote:
pp.jpg

the whole reason for the new traffic arrangement was to prevent traffic crossing the path of oncoming vehicles.....your idea is what they were trying to avoid.

pete wrote:Actually I think they should build an on ramp off the road by republic bank there so people coming from price plaza to go north world turn left onto that road and then left again onto the highway so they never have to cross traffic like they do by the gas station.

still have to cross oncoming traffic to get onto that road....
Last edited by UML on June 24th, 2014, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » June 24th, 2014, 11:02 am

RIPEBREDFRUIT wrote:its very Hard to decentralize after the previous govt went and basically stumped that idea in the groin by building multi million dollar towers for govt offices in the heart of POS.
Aka
Board of inland revenue TOWER
Ministry of legal affairs TOWER
Customs house
LEase on private owned building in woodbrooke (formerly Toy store) now rented to Ministry for MILLIONS and millions

they live for today and beg tomorrow...they lack the intelligence and insight to see otherwise...hence look at their followers

i guess it was a political move to force taxpayers to pay for their train system :wink:

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » September 16th, 2016, 12:39 pm

BRING back the ONE ways in Woodbrook.
That scheme where they made Arapita and Tragarete ONE ways was WORKING to the favor of Everyone leaving the city.
It was only a deterrent to business people and residents who have their places located within woodbrook who refuse to give in to change for the better of the country.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 16th, 2016, 1:19 pm

there is a serious need for a road between chase village to fens that would take u out on the north bound lane of the highway

another spot is between curepe lights and uwi....if they open up one of those side streets to the highway....it will pull most of the traffic build up by uwi and curepe

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » September 16th, 2016, 1:25 pm

Government should look into encouraging cycling to reduce traffic congestion. Something like around the QPS but more nationwide or at least start with POS. Develop cycling lanes, laws, areas to park etc.

When I went to Europe for the first time it was a culture shock but in a good way. So many people content to ride their bikes to work because the facilities were put in place to encourage it.

Of course what we need is a change in mentality as well.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2016, 1:48 pm

daas wrote:Government should look into encouraging cycling to reduce traffic congestion. Something like around the QPS but more nationwide or at least start with POS. Develop cycling lanes, laws, areas to park etc.

When I went to Europe for the first time it was a culture shock but in a good way. So many people content to ride their bikes to work because the facilities were put in place to encourage it.

Europe's weather and ours is two completely different phenomena. Some Trinis smell rancid and they drive, could you imagine the smells in the office with even 50% of the persons having cycled.

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » September 16th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
daas wrote:Government should look into encouraging cycling to reduce traffic congestion. Something like around the QPS but more nationwide or at least start with POS. Develop cycling lanes, laws, areas to park etc.

Europe's weather and ours is two completely different phenomena. Some Trinis smell rancid and they drive, could you imagine the smells in the office with even 50% of the persons having cycled.

You know when I went in the 'summer' the sunny days was just like in Trinidad...maybe even worse because of humidity. Granted it isn't always like that.

About the body odor idk, if you can't maintain body hygiene then there are bigger problems than wanting to use your car.

Cycling won't be good for those coming from South etc. but maybe just maybe it can be implemented in pos, you can drive to work but in pos pay to use your car...(I really have no idea how this will work that's why you guys vote for people to make those decisions)

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » September 16th, 2016, 2:17 pm

I go hadda take a fresh in work every morning after cycling, because 7am is already hot af

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”