TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Over 2 billion obese and overweight people worldwide.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Over 2 billion obese and overweight people worldwide.

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 29th, 2014, 11:24 am

Global population of obese and overweight tops 2.1bn

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27586365

The number of people in the world who are obese or overweight has topped 2.1 billion, up from 875 million in 1980, the latest figures published in the Lancet show.

And not one country is succeeding in treating it, said the research.

US, China and Russia had the highest rates and the UK was third in Western Europe, the 188-country study said.

Experts said the rise was due to the "modernisation of our world", causing "physical inactivity on all levels".

Gender split

Researchers across the world were led by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) in Washington, in a study they said is the most comprehensive to date.

Scientists analysed data from surveys, such as from the World Health Organization, government websites, and reviewed "all articles" about the numbers of obese or overweight people in the world.

The study said rates of obesity were rising across the world, although the rates in developed countries remain the highest.
line break

More than half of the world's 671 million obese people live in 10 countries, ranked in order:

US
China
India
Russia
Brazil
Mexico
Egypt
Germany
Pakistan
Indonesia

Source: The Lancet
line break

The UK has the third highest rates in Western Europe, with 67% of men and 57% of women overweight or obese, it said.

The study called for "urgent global leadership" to combat risk factors such as excessive calorie intake, inactivity, and "active promotion of food consumption by industry".

Prof Ali Mokdad, of the IHME, said no country was beating obesity as it was a relatively new problem.

"It takes a little bit of time to see success stories," he said.

The study reported more obese women than men living in developing countries.

Rates tended to be higher for women in developing countries as they were multi-tasking, looking after the family and working, said Prof Mokdad, so did not have the time to dedicate to managing their weight.

But more obese men than women lived in developed countries, said the study.
'Classical eating' loss

Prof Mokdad said rates were higher for men in developed countries because of longer commutes to work, fuelled by a move to the suburbs, and spending more time inactive, using computers, he said.

Prof Hermann Toplak, at the University of Graz, in Austria, said: "Over the past decades the modernisation of our world, with all the technology around us, has led to physical inactivity on all levels."

Inactivity caused self-control to spiral, he said.

Children and adults were not building up enough functioning muscle mass, and "classical eating" had been replaced by "uncontrolled food intake" spread over the day. he said.
Britain's action

Prof John Newton, chief knowledge officer at Public Health England, said poor nutrition and lack of exercise were a big risk factor in Britain's most deprived areas.

PHE ran campaigns to help families be healthy, more active, and cut down on fat and sugar, he said.

He added: "Obesity is a complex issue that requires action at national, local, family and individual level; everyone has a role to play in improving the health and well-being of the public, and children in particular."

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Re: Over 2 billion obese and overweight people worldwide.

Postby Bareback » May 29th, 2014, 12:13 pm

That post was to big to read!!!

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Postby Bareback » May 29th, 2014, 12:14 pm

That post was to big to read!!!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 29th, 2014, 12:17 pm

1 of the 2 billlion cheking in!!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 29th, 2014, 12:20 pm

another one of that 2 billion checking in.

However I need to do something about this. I did get thin one time den I get back fat again.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » May 29th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Another :grin::sad:

drunkenscorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby drunkenscorpion » May 29th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Present sir!

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 29th, 2014, 12:34 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:another one of that 2 billion checking in.

However I need to do something about this. I did get thin one time den I get back fat again.

D yo yo ting is d worst. All I want to do is sleep now. How I will get back thin if I sleeping??

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 29th, 2014, 1:24 pm

This is all going to put a great strain on our healthcare systems. I'm not obese in any way ... have perfect BMI however, thin ppl need to also look at their diet and lifestyle ... being slim is not being healthy.

To this end I've eliminated the following from my diet:
Meat except fish
Processed meats
Processed foods
Egg yolk
soft drinks and sugared drinks ..... drink lots of water now
Butter, cheese
All fast food
Confectionary except dark chocolate
Cow's milk

Have added:
Lots of vegetables
Fresh fruit as substitutes for snacks
Oats, wheatgerm
Multi grain bread/whole wheat bread
Provision ... to cut down on rice
Brown rice
Quinoa
Whole wheat pasta
Legumes (red beans, black beans, lentils, etc)
Have also significantly reduced salt intake.

If you do some research on the net you will quickly realise that nearly everything you eat on an average day is not good for you. Our bodies are not designed for modern food ... that's the real issue

Unfortunately our busy modern lifestyles makes it difficult to maintain proper nutrition, it takes more time ti create nutritious meals than to simply stop somewhere and buy some food.

It seems that you can have either a healthy life or a convenient life but not both.

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » May 29th, 2014, 1:27 pm

^ lost weight by doing this?

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » May 29th, 2014, 1:28 pm

ek4ever wrote:I'm not obese in any way ... have perfect BMI

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr.Bollywood » May 29th, 2014, 1:32 pm

dhal belly Indian checking in!!!

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » May 29th, 2014, 1:49 pm

@ek4ever why did you remove cow's milk from your diet?

oh, good living crew checking in

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 29th, 2014, 1:56 pm

uncle sam wrote:^ lost weight by doing this?

Not really ... weight is staying almost constant, however my goal was not to lose weight. Reduce fat is more important to me so I've noticed that I'm losing body fat but this is prolly being compensated by muscle gain. It's not drastic but noticeable in terms of fat reduction and fat is less dense than muscle.

I did not do this for weight reduction .... my concern was nutrition and reducing as much as possible things that are bad for the body. The physical gains are just a by-product of a more healthy diet.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 29th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:@ek4ever why did you remove cow's milk from your diet?

Humans are not designed to consume and digest cows milk. When the body digests cow's milk it produces acidic compounds which leads to increase in inflammatory compounds. To combat the acidity the body produces alkaline compounds using calcium which is taken from your bones. This is why older women are advised to use calcium supplements rather than drink milk to combat osteoporosis.

Remember the human body was only designed to consume milk for a certain period after which calcium requirements can be met through a healthy diet. This is why you see ppl becoming lactose intolerant because your body has no need to consume milk .... especially cow's milk which is very different from human milk. The nearest animal milk to human I believe is goat milk.

Not to mention cows are fed with hormones to increase milk production and also fed a corn supplemented diet which they themselves cannot process.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 29th, 2014, 2:10 pm

ek4ever wrote:This is all going to put a great strain on our healthcare systems. I'm not obese in any way ... have perfect BMI however, thin ppl need to also look at their diet and lifestyle ... being slim is not being healthy.

To this end I've eliminated the following from my diet:
Meat except fish
Processed meats
Processed foods
Egg yolk
soft drinks and sugared drinks ..... drink lots of water now
Butter, cheese
All fast food
Confectionary except dark chocolate
Cow's milk

Have added:
Lots of vegetables
Fresh fruit as substitutes for snacks
Oats, wheatgerm
Multi grain bread/whole wheat bread
Provision ... to cut down on rice
Brown rice
Quinoa
Whole wheat pasta
Legumes (red beans, black beans, lentils, etc)
Have also significantly reduced salt intake.

If you do some research on the net you will quickly realise that nearly everything you eat on an average day is not good for you. Our bodies are not designed for modern food ... that's the real issue

Unfortunately our busy modern lifestyles makes it difficult to maintain proper nutrition, it takes more time ti create nutritious meals than to simply stop somewhere and buy some food.

It seems that you can have either a healthy life or a convenient life but not both.

After all this you might get hit by a bus though.

What wrong with legumes?

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 29th, 2014, 2:17 pm

so u doh eat meat because the body not designed to digest meat?

u gonna tell me that meat does take years to digest?

ztune
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ztune » May 29th, 2014, 2:18 pm

inside...

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 29th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Heard about the cow's milk, especially for baby formula not being that good. Cow's milk is supposed to assist in turning an calf into something that weighs 800lbs. Actually saw that there is a goat milk based baby formula on the market now. My daughter has been on soy as she had problems at first with milk based forumlas.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » May 29th, 2014, 3:24 pm

ek4ever wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:@ek4ever why did you remove cow's milk from your diet?

Humans are not designed to consume and digest cows milk. When the body digests cow's milk it produces acidic compounds which leads to increase in inflammatory compounds. To combat the acidity the body produces alkaline compounds using calcium which is taken from your bones. This is why older women are advised to use calcium supplements rather than drink milk to combat osteoporosis.

Remember the human body was only designed to consume milk for a certain period after which calcium requirements can be met through a healthy diet. This is why you see ppl becoming lactose intolerant because your body has no need to consume milk .... especially cow's milk which is very different from human milk. The nearest animal milk to human I believe is goat milk.

evidence?

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 29th, 2014, 3:37 pm

dougla_boy wrote:so u doh eat meat because the body not designed to digest meat?

u gonna tell me that meat does take years to digest?

Our digestive system lies somewhere between herbivore and carnivore .... so yes humans can eat meat, however it's the quantity you consume and the type.

Beef takes long to digest ... it can take almost 3 days to digest a steak and have it removed from your body. In that time it consumes more energy to digest and puts greater strain on other systems.

My issue is the saturated fat that accompanies meat. I would like to limit this hence my choosing fish and sometimes lean chicken such as the breast. I have also significantly reduce my portions of meat however I sometimes go overboard with fish.

My other issue with meat is the way in which it is prepared in our local cooking ... usually involving addition of salt and cooking in excessive oil which tends to make the final dish less healthy.

I also find you feel a lot less lethargic after consuming meals without meat or with just fish.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » May 29th, 2014, 6:21 pm

ek4ever wrote:
My issue is the saturated fat that accompanies meat. I would like to limit this hence my choosing fish and sometimes lean chicken such as the breast. I have also significantly reduce my portions of meat however I sometimes go overboard with fish.

I also find you feel a lot less lethargic after consuming meals without meat or with just fish.

What about all the mercury and other toxins you consuming in that fish?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 29th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:1 of the 2 billlion cheking in!!

:lol:

Fastmetabolism #Notaffected.

That's a lot though. The food companies and pharmaceutical companies working hand in hand... perfect symbiosis.
Last edited by shogun on May 29th, 2014, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » May 29th, 2014, 6:29 pm

ek4ever wrote:Beef takes long to digest ... it can take almost 3 days to digest a steak and have it removed from your body. In that time it consumes more energy to digest and puts greater strain on other systems.

3 days?? Is this in a diet completely void of fibre or anything else?

What kind of strain does it put on other systems?

Isn't requiring more energy to digest a good thing? As in.... the body burns more calories digesting it?

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » May 29th, 2014, 6:34 pm

pete wrote:Heard about the cow's milk, especially for baby formula not being that good. Cow's milk is supposed to assist in turning an calf into something that weighs 800lbs. Actually saw that there is a goat milk based baby formula on the market now. My daughter has been on soy as she had problems at first with milk based forumlas.

Almond Milk ftw.

Cow's milk has all the BGH they feed the cows etc.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 29th, 2014, 6:55 pm

and for some reason all 2 billion people does be travelling, meen ha no room in dem maxi :(

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 29th, 2014, 6:55 pm

neexis wrote:
ek4ever wrote:Beef takes long to digest ... it can take almost 3 days to digest a steak and have it removed from your body. In that time it consumes more energy to digest and puts greater strain on other systems.

3 days?? Is this in a diet completely void of fibre or anything else?

What kind of strain does it put on other systems?

Isn't requiring more energy to digest a good thing? As in.... the body burns more calories digesting it?

24 to 72 hours depending on how it's cooked, how well you chew it and what you eat it with.

When the digestive system works harder it increases blood pressure and in turn your heart must work harder increases workload on the coronary system.... the same goes for when you overeat that's why nutritionists emphasise proper portion size. Typically any portion you get in a fast food restaurant like Friday's, Ruby, Chili's etc is oversized. Remember the body will need to produce not only the additional enzymes and other digestive compounds but also to transport the nutrients from the gut to the relevant organs and storage systems

@Allergic .... very true but I look at it this way. If I get hit by a bus it's an accident, nothing I could do about that but if I develop a life threatening condition and die early all because of what I chose to eat well then it was preventable and I could've done something about it.

@neexis .... it's far less a health issue than the contaminants in beef and pork and the chemicals in processed meats. Take a look at Food Inc. and see if you still want to eat beef and pork

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » May 29th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Know what also causes your heart to work harder, increasing blood pressure, pulse and workload on the coronary system?

Exercise

Even worse, it can cause shortness of breath, excessive sweating, muscle soreness and even pain, thirst and fatigue.
Last edited by neexis on May 29th, 2014, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » May 29th, 2014, 7:30 pm

ek4ever wrote:Remember the body will need to produce not only the additional enzymes and other digestive compounds but also to transport the nutrients from the gut to the relevant organs and storage systems

Doesn't the body have to do this regardless of what is consumed?

It seems you are very confused and hold many misconceptions about digestion.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 29th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Dat exercise ting sounding real dangerous. Meem think I gonna do that. Gonna avoid all that fatigue and stress.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”