TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Over 2 billion obese and overweight people worldwide.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Re: Over 2 billion obese and overweight people worldwide.

Postby STORM1234 » April 23rd, 2015, 10:20 am

I am 12 pounds overweight.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » April 24th, 2015, 12:42 am

iz simple....eat a balanced diet, take regular exercise...

people balling, but is human body designed to eat so much fat and sugar? lol.. :lol: nutrition really is a simple science....

maybe some tax on unhealthy foods, or even ah ban....people will ball at dat, but then if people cyah eat fattening foods responsibly, so be it....freedom ent absolute..

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 24th, 2015, 3:40 am

desifemlove wrote:iz simple....eat a balanced diet, take regular exercise...

people balling, but is human body designed to eat so much fat and sugar? lol.. :lol: nutrition really is a simple science....

maybe some tax on unhealthy foods, or even ah ban....people will ball at dat, but then if people cyah eat fattening foods responsibly, so be it....freedom ent absolute..

They will say its a poor man tax...

UML will then twist it to a indian tax (don't as me how, but she will) because Yuh know-victim narrative.

Basically what I'm saying is, taxing unhealthy foods is a slippery slope.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 24th, 2015, 6:30 am

And what do you construe as unhealthy foods? Since when does eating fats make you fat or cause cardiovascular disease? Yes, the human body was designed to eat a lot of fat for energy. It was not designed to intake sugar like we do today, and not the kinds that we do today.

Also good to know that nutrition is "simple science" which is why we have an unprecedented medical crisis in the world today based on nutrition. The WHO is looking for you to advise them!

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 24th, 2015, 6:40 am

To be fair Major Tom de si is basically saying the same thing you yourself highlighted highlighted in the bbc article you posted.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 24th, 2015, 7:01 am

So this is the indoctrination that most doctors cannot let go of. That fat makes you fat. That we shouldn't eat so much fat. That fat causes heart disease and obesity. It doesn't. Never did. No experiment ever correlated or showed this result. Ever. We're supposed to get energy from fat not sugar.

What you saw in the article was comment about how exercise does nothing to help with weight loss. Because a calories is not a calorie. Everything was going well, even understanding that sugar is the cause of the epidemic today. Then the doctor dabbled in his weak knowledge of biochemistry in the last paragraph and fell back on demonizing salt and fat as culprits once again. That's typical medical gravy train indoctrination. No experiment in humans links this ever, and since we stopped eating fat in our diet, everyone has got sicker over the last 40 years. No, salt does not cause high blood pressure. A high carbohydrate diet coupled with salt causes chronic high blood pressure.

"He said the industry was encouraging a balanced diet by voluntarily providing clear on-pack nutrition information and offering products with extra nutrients and less salt, sugar and fat."

So if you cut sugar AND fat, where do we get the required daily energy from then?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 24th, 2015, 7:17 am

I think the key points were exercise alone were not enough and excess food wasn't a good thing. Basically moderation.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 24th, 2015, 7:24 am

It's always a good idea to do things in moderation. That's such a good theory. Except in nutrition it doesn't work. Because you can't actually count calories and make them matter. What, are you going to make sure you eat 2000 Calories a day exactly? How? What if you eat 2100 Cals a day for 20 years? (100 Calories is about 1 slice of bread, or 25 grams of corn flakes or 1 apple). In theory you're going to be overweight right?

See how practical application of nutrition is very different from the theoretical approach? If you eat the right foods, quality foods that do not create a large insulin response, then hunger and satiety hormones work as they should and we feel less hungry and automatically eat the right amounts... WHEN we feel hungry. Not three times a day because you think that's what humans are supposed to do. If you eat things that stimulate insulin 4 or 5 times a day in large amounts you're always going to be hungry in a few hours and then you store fat, because this is just one of the things that insulin signals the body to do.
Last edited by maj. tom on April 24th, 2015, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 24th, 2015, 7:26 am

better just do the stomach surgery like moonilal and the rest of the cabal

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » April 24th, 2015, 7:44 am

Maj. Tom correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are basically saying the calories in = calories out (i.e. used in day to day activities) theory is wrong. In which case I agree. I have had many trainers tell me the to follow the calories in = calories out rule and they can't answer when I ask them if our body digests all foods every day with the same efficiency.

I'm sure you body can get rid of excess calories through excretion and it is possible to gain weight and look flabby with a caloric deficit through water retention. Not to mention like you said, with the wrong diet it is near impossible to maintain a caloric deficit.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » April 24th, 2015, 7:51 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:I think the key points were exercise alone were not enough and excess food wasn't a good thing. Basically moderation.

NO! We must make this more complicated.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » April 24th, 2015, 7:55 am

BTW "counting calories"...or even macros isn't that difficult/impractical...I've done it :lol:

Sometimes I think we make things more complicated than they need to be for our individual goals...then we never meet our goals but have all the answers.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 24th, 2015, 8:00 am

The theory of calories in = calories out could never be wrong. Things like water retention could be down to salt not eaten in moderation or the person not drinking sufficient water as well. No?

And yeah maj. tom in 20 years you'd put on at least 208 pounds :lol:

Maybe we should just say what works for you works for you cuz I had no problem maintaining a calorific deficit using moderation and simple exercise to take care of that 100 calorie discrepancy scenario. You aim for a 2000 calorie diet and do some walking to burn a couple hundred calories. I think that is very reasonable.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 24th, 2015, 8:00 am

Slartibartfast: It's not wrong. The 1st law of thermodynamics is never wrong. It's just that the human body isn't a car engine or an engineering problem. It's regulated by specific enzymes and hormones. 100 Calories of Coca Cola isn't the same as 100 Calories of almonds despite what the ads from Coke tell you. You can't exercise the same amount to burn the calories. And 100 Calories of food is quite meager. Do you know how much exercise you need to do to burn just 100 Calories? Take a look: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1777

That's BS broscience. Hormones dictate how foods are digested into macro-nutrients and how the micro-nutrients are utilized ultimately in the citric acid cycle to obtain energy. To lose weight you have to maintain a caloric deficit. Obviously. This is the 1st law of thermodynamics. But you can't utilize stored fat for energy if you are eating the wrong foods which make you overeat or cause insulin to be chronically high.

Yes this is so complicated. And you can see the responses above me. Sounds simple like just moderation, but it isn't. The majority of the human population is carbohydrate intolerant, meaning we cannot eat so many carbs for energy. We evolved for hundreds of thousands of years hunting before we invented agriculture a mere 10, 000 years ago. It causes many problems later in life chronically. We call this complications of diabetes. The few people that are ok with high carbs and are fit and do the gym thing, they truly believe in the broscience. Because it works for them, it should work for everyone else. Alas, most people who think they're healthy are really not. Fat on the inside, fit on the outside.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » April 24th, 2015, 8:09 am

Lack of fat is not fit :lol:

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 24th, 2015, 8:19 am

Are we weight loss or healthy eating? You'd be right about different foods affecting our health and the body treating different inputs likewise, there's been enough research on the effect of refined foods on indigenous peoples. All calories aren't equal in effect but the energy never changes, it's still that defined unit of potential to do work if burned. But weight loss is simple and it works on that basic principle that if you use more net calories than you consume you'll lose weight and the opposite is also true. There's an endless amount persons in the world who have lost weight just restricting calories.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/0 ... professor/

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » April 24th, 2015, 9:38 am

Wow maj. tom thanks for the reply.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » April 24th, 2015, 10:21 am

Back in the days the only options for fast food were KFC/Marios/Pizza Boys. Chinese restaurants were few and far between and the regular doubles man.

Now it's:

KFC/Marios/Pizza Boys/Wendy's/Burger King/McDonalds/Pollo Tropical/Papa John's/Dominos/Subway/Popeye's/Japs/TGIF/Ruby Tuesday's etc. A massive amount of Chinese restaurants, with even more doubles men. Also the added bbq spots and gyro/punch/burger carts in every city hub.

Trinis are eating far worse this generation and our waistlines are paying the price.

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » April 24th, 2015, 11:55 am

is it true that the prevalence of heart disease in trinidad is double that of America?

If it's true that is sad, it seems that trinis always snacking on something, at home, on the roads, at work, food intake should be limited only breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even then in shoud be in moderation. I drive home with a padnah yesterday, the man stop off for sugarcake, tam-brand ball, nuts, and he almost stop to eat ah doubles too. And he already had a 2000 calorie lunch to boot and that's not counting breakfast and dinner, people in trinidad need to exercise discipline and self-control.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » April 24th, 2015, 12:33 pm

people just to damn greedy....when you buy food at a grill place for example, the serving size is pretty huge, i myself can't eat it out nor do i try to but people spend dey morney so of course they gonna try to shovel down everything even if they're to the point of being full

its also sad when you see people going "hard" in the gym on a regular basis but eat like hog and they can't for the life of them figure out why they can't lose that added weight

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » April 24th, 2015, 12:52 pm

#skinnygenescrew checking in.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 24th, 2015, 6:48 pm

maj. tom wrote:

And what do you construe as unhealthy foods? Since when does eating fats make you fat or cause cardiovascular disease? Yes, the human body was designed to eat a lot of fat for energy. It was not designed to intake sugar like we do today, and not the kinds that we do today.

Also good to know that nutrition is "simple science" which is why we have an unprecedented medical crisis in the world today based on nutrition. The WHO is looking for you to advise them!

the human body was designed to eat transfats?

and the crisis is based on many eating the wrong types of foods on a regular basis. we didn't evolve to eat the sugars/fats we do in the world now. even if yuh ent believe in evolution, it's clear we cannot handle it.

unhealthy foods are foods not in balance, too much fats (the bad fats), and with no balanced nutritional content. this includes not only KFC, McDs, Wendy's, but local foods like doubles, even roti, macaroni pie. as for fats, we all know there's different kinds of fats, but not the transfats in most food we get now. the fats we should be eating in regular quantity are poly/monosaturated, which are in animals and plants naturally.
Last edited by desifemlove on April 24th, 2015, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 24th, 2015, 6:53 pm

teems1 wrote:Back in the days the only options for fast food were KFC/Marios/Pizza Boys. Chinese restaurants were few and far between and the regular doubles man.

Now it's:

KFC/Marios/Pizza Boys/Wendy's/Burger King/McDonalds/Pollo Tropical/Papa John's/Dominos/Subway/Popeye's/Japs/TGIF/Ruby Tuesday's etc. A massive amount of Chinese restaurants, with even more doubles men. Also the added bbq spots and gyro/punch/burger carts in every city hub.

Trinis are eating far worse this generation and our waistlines are paying the price.

this...by a trillion...

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 24th, 2015, 6:54 pm

RASC wrote:

They will say its a poor man tax...

UML will then twist it to a indian tax (don't as me how, but she will) because Yuh know-victim narrative.

Basically what I'm saying is, taxing unhealthy foods is a slippery slope.

so if people continue to eat bad sheit, what go happen? not jus here, but globally? for here, whoever is PNM or UNC PM in 20/30 years, has to consider this. we need to consider it now.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Eating fresh at subway - "all the sauces, slight pepper"

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 24th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Trini Hookah wrote:#skinnygenescrew checking in.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/he ... isease_too

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... nd_healthy

not connected to size...

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » April 24th, 2015, 7:51 pm

desifemlove wrote:
Trini Hookah wrote:#skinnygenescrew checking in.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/he ... isease_too

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... nd_healthy

not connected to size...

Review thread title, i never mentioned health.

My habits are far from healthy.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 28th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Was watching this recently I think many of you guys need to see it. This mom says having kids did this to her as she eats healthy.

Plenty bamcee here for the guys who like extra meat on the side.

Corn bread business, just a note when she skin that bamcee on TV she wasn't wearing any underwear of any sort.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 28th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Forward to 6:30 to see her show off the bikini body. You guys who like corn bread, really really want to see this trust me. Look how she skin that bamcee for Springer.

I think this is a sign for many of our local Trini women who are also reaching this state. I went Japs yesterday and when I saw a woman like this walked in, I walked out and went home. Boiled some quick oats and call that a night.

Also 4:30

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 28th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Yankeeland black chicks have that supersized fat backside and hips as a norm now,

It did not exist locally 5 or 10 years ago, it is very common now.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”