TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

.::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which major party will you be voting for in G.E. 2015?

Poll ended at April 9th, 2014, 7:52 pm

People's National Movement
100
26%
People's Partnership
205
53%
Independent Liberal Party
7
2%
Neither/Abstain
76
20%
 
Total votes: 388

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9369
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Habit7 » September 8th, 2015, 11:27 am

Habit7 wrote:The problem with the UNC's campaign is that it targeted an anti-Rowley sentiment thus galvanising its base. But PNM's campaign was all embracing.

So while UNC won their safe seats with huge margins (thus the popular vote) they lost the swing voters and undecideds.

Tomorrow I will deal with the pollsters ....

Is it clear that all the pollsters were wrong? I even saw NACTA's Vishnu Bisram live on CNC3 wining like a pickaxe say PP going to win 21-22 only for him to disappear from the screen but still declare PNM will win.

HHB was the closest http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09- ... voured-win but Nigel Henry get knocked down a few notches in terms of respect in my view.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1158
Joined: August 25th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby EmilioA » September 8th, 2015, 11:31 am

Habit7 wrote:HHB was the closest http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09- ... voured-win but Nigel Henry get knocked down a few notches in terms of respect in my view.


Ent Nigel say 18 seats sure for each party but 5 too close to call.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11906
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Dizzy28 » September 8th, 2015, 11:34 am

PariaMan wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
intern wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
intern wrote:Just when you think they can't get any cruder, they do. I don't know what kinds of people are on UNC's FB. These people are crazy.


yup the diehard ones are pretty crazy but so are the pnm ones and they do in fact hate indian
the only race Trinidadians dez bend over for is the white people

So you are saying I hate Indians because I supported the PNM? Is that it? After all the corrupt things done by the outgoing UNC administration, you still cannot see any other possible reason for me supporting the PNM. This kind of idiocy is why you have no understanding.


no moron what i meant was for every racist ufc fanboy there is a racist pnm fanboy i wasn't generalizing all pnm supporters but the way you talk you make it seem as though pnm is clean as a whistle

i like how quick yuh jump on the defensive though yuh antsy oar 8-)


Actually you are wrong PNM voters will swing if motivated enough. Recall 33-3 for the NAR

UNC voters are sheep and will not change their voting patterns despite whatever is shovelled on them.

It might take generations before this blind loyalty is no more!


Despite the huge unpopularity of Manning in 2010 there was a "We vex but still voting PNM" campaign and the PNM still managed to gain 40% of the votes cast. Your broad brush of UNC voters being sheep also applies to PNM as well. The PNM just happens to have slightly less sheep!!

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2155
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby PariaMan » September 8th, 2015, 11:41 am

Not slightly less .A whole lot less . Recall 33 - 3 for the NAR.

UNC in the foreseeable future will always have 18 guaranteed seats.

There are vast hordes of UNC sheep.

That is just the reality.

Hopefully the the great grand children of current UNC voters will see the light.

For me I have always voted out parties who I do not consider up to scratch.

This started with the PNM in 1986.

Personal question can you ever vote for anyone but UNC

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11906
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Dizzy28 » September 8th, 2015, 11:50 am

33-3 happened one time. Not quite enough to claim its a pattern.
Lemme add some numbers to your argument i.e. PNM votes in each election for the past 5 elections
2010 - 284,244
2007 - 299,885
2002 - 298,629
2001 - 251,283
2000 - 267,608

UNC/PP
2010 - 430,711
2007 - 202,528
2002 - 273,028
2001 - 270,464
2000 - 298,729

Both sides seem to have an unwavering core with the PNM moreso given the fact that in 2007 when the COP came on the scene the UNC had a marked decrease In support whereas the PNM actually had an increase.
Why do you fail to see there are red sheep, yellow sheep, blue sheep, green sheep!!

And yes I have voted for parties/individuals other than UNC.

User avatar
PariaMan
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2155
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby PariaMan » September 8th, 2015, 11:59 am

Thats two times pal 2010 (430000)

and 1986.

It is clear that if things are bad enough a vast majority PNM will in fact shift.

UNC will always have that 18 seats.

That is a fact.

A population of sheep will get a government of Wolves.


That is what the discerning third force of voters have done to allow the country to escape from

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19987
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby AllTrac » September 8th, 2015, 12:16 pm

lawd 322 pages? dont have time to read all that just tell me from what page yard fowl ah kick up

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9369
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Habit7 » September 8th, 2015, 12:16 pm

EmilioA wrote:
Habit7 wrote:HHB was the closest http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09- ... voured-win but Nigel Henry get knocked down a few notches in terms of respect in my view.


Ent Nigel say 18 seats sure for each party but 5 too close to call.
Yeah but 18-18 is an easy call. To be a good pollster you have to be able to predict the outcome. At least HHB pointed the marginals to PNM

User avatar
rfari
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19165
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby rfari » September 8th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Image

User avatar
b14inb12
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 444
Joined: January 25th, 2008, 5:57 am
Location: trinidad and tobago
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby b14inb12 » September 8th, 2015, 12:30 pm

PariaMan wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
intern wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
intern wrote:Just when you think they can't get any cruder, they do. I don't know what kinds of people are on UNC's FB. These people are crazy.


yup the diehard ones are pretty crazy but so are the pnm ones and they do in fact hate indian
the only race Trinidadians dez bend over for is the white people

So you are saying I hate Indians because I supported the PNM? Is that it? After all the corrupt things done by the outgoing UNC administration, you still cannot see any other possible reason for me supporting the PNM. This kind of idiocy is why you have no understanding.


no moron what i meant was for every racist ufc fanboy there is a racist pnm fanboy i wasn't generalizing all pnm supporters but the way you talk you make it seem as though pnm is clean as a whistle

i like how quick yuh jump on the defensive though yuh antsy oar 8-)


Actually you are wrong PNM voters will swing if motivated enough. Recall 33-3 for the NAR

UNC voters are sheep and will not change their voting patterns despite whatever is shovelled on them.

It might take generations before this blind loyalty is no more!

It might take generations before this blind loyalty is no more!
well said pariaman but UNC does make their followers look like dunce

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19987
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby AllTrac » September 8th, 2015, 12:36 pm

rfari wrote:Image



when did they stop doing this?

User avatar
rfari
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19165
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby rfari » September 8th, 2015, 12:43 pm

AllTrac wrote:
rfari wrote:Image



when did they stop doing this?

Apparently since 2010

User avatar
j.o.e
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5209
Joined: October 5th, 2008, 8:56 pm
Location: On tuner

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby j.o.e » September 8th, 2015, 12:49 pm

ZR thought Sando East was a marginal and Ashaki Scott (COP) had a chance?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby desifemlove » September 8th, 2015, 12:52 pm

rfari wrote:Image

in the past, did mudders used to sniff glue whilst pregnant?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby desifemlove » September 8th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
PariaMan wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
intern wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
intern wrote:Just when you think they can't get any cruder, they do. I don't know what kinds of people are on UNC's FB. These people are crazy.


yup the diehard ones are pretty crazy but so are the pnm ones and they do in fact hate indian
the only race Trinidadians dez bend over for is the white people

So you are saying I hate Indians because I supported the PNM? Is that it? After all the corrupt things done by the outgoing UNC administration, you still cannot see any other possible reason for me supporting the PNM. This kind of idiocy is why you have no understanding.


no moron what i meant was for every racist ufc fanboy there is a racist pnm fanboy i wasn't generalizing all pnm supporters but the way you talk you make it seem as though pnm is clean as a whistle

i like how quick yuh jump on the defensive though yuh antsy oar 8-)


Actually you are wrong PNM voters will swing if motivated enough. Recall 33-3 for the NAR

UNC voters are sheep and will not change their voting patterns despite whatever is shovelled on them.

It might take generations before this blind loyalty is no more!


Despite the huge unpopularity of Manning in 2010 there was a "We vex but still voting PNM" campaign and the PNM still managed to gain 40% of the votes cast. Your broad brush of UNC voters being sheep also applies to PNM as well. The PNM just happens to have slightly less sheep!!
sheep who does say cos UNC got more votes, you should ah won election? You got more votes cos the candidate winning margins in the UNC areas was higher. Singh got 18,000, Ms. Gopeesingh and Dr. Moonilal high too.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby desifemlove » September 8th, 2015, 12:58 pm

York wrote:the race of races was won. well said rowley. sounded really mature.

just hope yuh better than manning cause i cant forget all the nonsense calda hart, waste we money projects from the last pnm...

we now getting service and drugs from the public health sector, in comparison to the past, so keep improving and lowering taxes too. cheers!

lulz..

User avatar
Bezman
Admin
Posts: 6633
Joined: April 24th, 2003, 2:47 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Bezman » September 8th, 2015, 1:11 pm

some of my thoughts

1) VAT reduced to 12% almost immediately with the new budget, removed completely from more items.
3) Super Gasoline raised $0.25 in 2016 budget
3) Dollar devalues to $7:1 by Q2 2016
4) Super/Diesel increased by another $0.25 in subsequent Budgets till 2020

Comment.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15284
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby sMASH » September 8th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Manning had his chances and made messes at the end. Panday had chances and made messes at the end. Kamla had a chance and her wolf pack made a mess of her term.

Rowley has a chance now. The PNM slate is a bit different from the manning era. Rowley also has a very hard term with little revenue.
Go forth, you have the fore.


Rowley's victory speech was overall impressive... So was Kamla's.

But one undertone stood out to me. It was about his efforts towards patriotism. I don't believe in patriotism, its just a wider version of a tribe.
What stood out was the words he used to describe his future actions. He didn't want to instill a sense of patriotism from early, by modfying th school curriculum.



All the same, I wish Rowley success, bcause successful governing would mean the country would benefit.

I mean, we don't want to go down he same road as Greece

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9369
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Habit7 » September 8th, 2015, 1:20 pm

I look forward to the UNC supporters seeing the last 5 years as a golden age in T&T, where everything was perfect and we got the best governance ever.



But now that Dr. Rowley is PM and the UNC supporters are preaching doom and gloom of taxes, crime and job losses, isnt that an indictment on the last administration. Rowley aint even get a ride in PM1 yet but everybody knows he has harsh decisions to make because of our economy. Maybe if UNC/PP didn't increase expenditure with new revenue resources, run 5 deficit budgets and lowered our credit rating, Dr. Rowley probably could have continue the PP freeness.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15284
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby sMASH » September 8th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Wait, kiss bread increased? I stopped buying bread a while now.
Fuel priceing should be made real, but slowly.
Vat should not be decreased because the government still needs money. It should not be increased because it gonna drive inflation in an upward spiral.


Ye government needs to get revenue. Any upset in revenue collection from citizens gonna drive inflation up. The problem is if they do things too hard and too fast it gonna spiral upwards and out of control.
We will be the Zimbabwe of the western hemisphere.

Taxation increases, subsidy reduction need to be paced very cautiously.


For the off roaders; we are descending a slippery slope. We can't go too fast nor too slowly, all actions need to be made cautiously.

Rowley has a difficult time ahead. And for the country not to descend into chaos, everybody needs to chip in.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11906
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Dizzy28 » September 8th, 2015, 1:33 pm

PariaMan wrote:Thats two times pal 2010 (430000)

and 1986.

It is clear that if things are bad enough a vast majority PNM will in fact shift.

UNC will always have that 18 seats.

That is a fact.

A population of sheep will get a government of Wolves.


That is what the discerning third force of voters have done to allow the country to escape from


Are we not discussing sheep?

Despite 2010 being the UNC/PP zenith the PNM still got 285,000 votes and experienced a minor 5% overall drop in votes from 2007. Therefore it is safe to say the PNM also has sheep.

My beef is not with who win and who loses, but in fairness you cannot label one party's followers as sheep and not the other.

A system of seats does not place a significance on the actual number of voters. You keep referring to 1986....how much votes did the PNM actually get in comparison to the total votes cast?

User avatar
Conrad
punchin NOS
Posts: 4126
Joined: June 15th, 2006, 7:38 am
Location: 3NE2NR

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Conrad » September 8th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Bezman wrote:some of my thoughts

1) VAT reduced to 12% almost immediately with the new budget, removed completely from more items.
3) Super Gasoline raised $0.25 in 2016 budget
3) Dollar devalues to $7:1 by Q2 2016
4) Super/Diesel increased by another $0.25 in subsequent Budgets till 2020

Comment.



Remove the control on fuel pricing all together.
Bring land tax. Dissolve large estates that aren't contributing to the GDP.
Reduction in VAT and Duties, stronger enforcement by tax related agencies.
Remove age limit on motor vehicles but strongly enforce the monitoring of road worthiness.

A fully dedicated arm of the police force equipped to monitor high profile persons of interest in society wrt source of income/funding of political parties etc.

Government contracts that run significantly over budget should result in the penalising of the said contractor with the ability for the AG to 'lift the veil' and go behind private assets to settle the bill.

Continue developing our local tertiary education system (send high achievers abroad to return to T&T and benefit US) not just doling out free education.

Disband local government, at least the present iteration.

Setup proper sports academies not after school clubs.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1158
Joined: August 25th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby EmilioA » September 8th, 2015, 1:39 pm

There are three tribes in Trinidad --PNM, UNC and "usually I dont vote but once a generation I go vote for NAR or PP"

This rounds the UNC mistakenly though the third tribe was actually UNC and so was shocked when they returned to not voting.

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9733
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby pete » September 8th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Bezman wrote:some of my thoughts

1) VAT reduced to 12% almost immediately with the new budget, removed completely from more items.
3) Super Gasoline raised $0.25 in 2016 budget
3) Dollar devalues to $7:1 by Q2 2016
4) Super/Diesel increased by another $0.25 in subsequent Budgets till 2020

Comment.


So long for a devaluation? Hoping to get a vacation in before it happens. Next month. :|

Daran
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1989
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Daran » September 8th, 2015, 1:45 pm

anyone have the full breakdown of results?

EmilioA
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1158
Joined: August 25th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby EmilioA » September 8th, 2015, 1:46 pm

Daran wrote:anyone have the full breakdown of results?


EBC ent release it yet. Check tom papers

User avatar
rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16923
Joined: June 29th, 2009, 8:21 am
Location: Ain't got no chill!

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby rollingstock » September 8th, 2015, 2:06 pm

Now that she gone how to get that bye bye Kamla song out of my head?

User avatar
rfari
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19165
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby rfari » September 8th, 2015, 2:08 pm

rollingstock wrote:Now that she gone how to get that bye bye Kamla song out of my head?

Dais a ched by itself. Srs

User avatar
rfari
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19165
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 11:20 am
Contact:

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby rfari » September 8th, 2015, 2:09 pm

What Ollur saying for house speaker and senate president? Ralph maraj? And one of the previous independent senators,?

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9369
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Habit7 » September 8th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Image

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: axe, Duane 3NE 2NR, Rovin and 132 guests