Forums

86 KFCs in UK go Halal

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

86 KFCs in UK go Halal

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 1st, 2014, 3:49 pm

A diner was left fuming after a KFC restaurant took his favorite meal off the menu because it breached their new halal regulations.

Alan Phillips was told he would have to travel five miles to another branch if he wanted the Big Daddy, a chicken burger, topped with bacon, cheese and salad.

The branch, in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, is one of 86 KFC restaurants which is running trials of a scheme where they sell nothing other than halal meat.

The company has taken the burger off the menu because Islamic dietary law forbids Muslims to eat anything which has been prepared on the same premises as pork, which is itself strictly forbidden.

It said it was responding to ‘increased demand’ for a halal menu in the areas of Britain with growing Muslim populations.

Mr Phillips said he found the change ‘extremely unfair’ on non-Muslim customers.

‘I can’t believe a chain like this has taken this stance,’ he said. ‘Staff told me that due to the dietary laws halal meat could not be prepared in the same place as other meats, so I couldn’t have my bacon.

It was like they were saying I couldn’t buy bacon because it might offend people.’

Mr Phillips was told he would have to travel to another KFC five miles away to buy his bacon burger. He protested that this was too far for him to travel.

‘It is getting silly,’ he said. ‘I have many friends who are black, white and Muslim but they wouldn’t be forced to eat non-halal meat.

‘I have no problem with them selling halal meat, but I would like the choice.’

Traditionally, halal meat must be slaughtered by hand, although KFC, which has more than 750 restaurants in the UK, said its chickens are not killed in this way.

The meat must also be blessed in the name of Allah and cannot be kept on the same premises as banned substances including pork and alcohol.

KFC spokesman Nina Arnott said the halal trial was expected to last ‘a few months’.

She said: ‘We’ve responded to requests to provide halal food in some parts of the UK and the Middleway Park restaurant in Burton is one of the restaurants taking part in our trial.

‘The Big Daddy is the only product we’ve taken off the menu at our trial stores and we’re using exactly the same ingredients and exactly the same tasting chicken as before.’

K74T
TunerGod

Re: 86 KFCs in UK go Halal

Postby K74T » April 1st, 2014, 6:12 pm

Halalujah

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » April 1st, 2014, 6:39 pm

stupid..

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » April 1st, 2014, 6:43 pm

Eating my fry pork normal....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 1st, 2014, 7:05 pm

Not slaughtered by hand? So the chicken not really halaal?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 1st, 2014, 7:20 pm

Duane. This is what causes the divide. Nutrina uses shock and mechanicla slaughtering and therefore the darul uloom doesnt certify them halaal. But maulana waffie certifies them. Arawak and fine choice doesnt use shock and mechanical. So tyey are certified by darul uloom

At the end of the day everyone should have a choice. If someone doesnt eat halal I can understand that. Then kfc should offer halal meat as a choice or simply not offer it at all.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » April 1st, 2014, 7:23 pm

But, but, but, it's....bacon. What kind of demonic religion forbids something like bacon?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » April 1st, 2014, 7:31 pm

Team Loco wrote: maulana waffie

ahahaahahahaha dai ah real name or u now make up dah??

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 1st, 2014, 8:07 pm

Mmmmm bacon

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 1st, 2014, 8:08 pm

so why 5 miles is so far away?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 1st, 2014, 8:18 pm

redmanjp wrote:so why 5 miles is so far away?
Cuz 1st world problems

eurogirl
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby eurogirl » April 1st, 2014, 10:07 pm

Team Loco wrote:Duane. This is what causes the divide. Nutrina uses shock and mechanicla slaughtering and therefore the darul uloom doesnt certify them halaal. But maulana waffie certifies them. Arawak and fine choice doesnt use shock and mechanical. So tyey are certified by darul uloom

At the end of the day everyone should have a choice. If someone doesnt eat halal I can understand that. Then kfc should offer halal meat as a choice or simply not offer it at all.

Same darul ul loom that certified herrs bacon flavoured potato chips in dey green newsletter?

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » April 1st, 2014, 10:19 pm

I figured they would have all been situated in Bradford. Staffordshire? :shock:

pluggie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pluggie » April 2nd, 2014, 3:35 am

A172 wrote:
Team Loco wrote: maulana waffie

ahahaahahahaha dai ah real name or u now make up dah??

hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 2nd, 2014, 4:19 am

ha....Muslims taking over our country....And if we go to Pakistan, we're "racist" and "neo-colonial" if we tell them what to do...

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 2nd, 2014, 6:02 am

eurogirl wrote:
Team Loco wrote:Duane. This is what causes the divide. Nutrina uses shock and mechanicla slaughtering and therefore the darul uloom doesnt certify them halaal. But maulana waffie certifies them. Arawak and fine choice doesnt use shock and mechanical. So tyey are certified by darul uloom

Same darul ul loom that certified herrs bacon flavoured potato chips in dey green newsletter?

U serious? Well yes

pluggie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pluggie » April 2nd, 2014, 6:14 am

desifemlove wrote:ha....Muslims taking over our country....And if we go to Pakistan, we're "racist" and "neo-colonial" if we tell them what to do...

so where exactly is 'our' country ?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 2nd, 2014, 7:32 am

remember the 'situation in Saudi Arabia years ago......- a tape recording of the prayer said during slaughter...as the chickens travelled down the 'line' getting their necks cut & bleeding out as they went down...?
well they got an actual cleric to say those prayers in the factory & now it's 'okay'.
my thought here is 'Why don't muslims forsake the groceries/supermarkets which sell pork/pork products & buy their food elsewhere ? :? :? :?
these colonial bigots sure know how to sabotage 3rd-worlders.......we should do like Australia.......'u want to come here & live // EVERYONE IS WELCOME !! ...but if u want to impose your beliefs on us, please leave....'
rgds

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 2nd, 2014, 8:15 am

link wrote:

remember the 'situation in Saudi Arabia years ago......- a tape recording of the prayer said during slaughter...as the chickens travelled down the 'line' getting their necks cut & bleeding out as they went down...?
well they got an actual cleric to say those prayers in the factory & now it's 'okay'.
my thought here is 'Why don't muslims forsake the groceries/supermarkets which sell pork/pork products & buy their food elsewhere ? :? :? :?
these colonial bigots sure know how to sabotage 3rd-worlders.......we should do like Australia.......'u want to come here & live // EVERYONE IS WELCOME !! ...but if u want to impose your beliefs on us, please leave....'
rgds

its the few extreme that make others look bad. we here in Trinidad live in a multicultural society and therefore we muslims must fit in and accept the belief and culture of others. therefore we should not be thinking of buying from supermarkets that do not sell pork etc. we presently accept purchasing from places that have the meat seperated. most of us do.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 2nd, 2014, 8:17 am

Not affected>il have a dinner special...

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 2nd, 2014, 9:16 am

pluggie wrote:
desifemlove wrote:ha....Muslims taking over our country....And if we go to Pakistan, we're "racist" and "neo-colonial" if we tell them what to do...

I have British roots.

pluggie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pluggie » April 2nd, 2014, 9:41 am

desifemlove wrote:
pluggie wrote:

I have British roots.

these muslims you speak of that taking over YOUR country lived in the UK for several generations , pay taxes , contribute to the country ... I would safely say its more their country than somebody who has probably never seen heathrow nor gatwick...

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » April 2nd, 2014, 9:55 am

Price of bodi... unaffected.

Price of chicken tho ?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 2nd, 2014, 12:03 pm

pluggie wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
pluggie wrote:

I have British roots.

these muslims you speak of that taking over YOUR country lived in the UK for several generations , pay taxes , contribute to the country ... I would safely say its more their country than somebody who has probably never seen heathrow nor gatwick...

lolwut?

Only time I ever "saw" Heathrow or Gatwick is leaving there for foreign countries.

That said, I have Afro from Africa (not exclusively Caribbean) family. Most Ghanaians/Nigerians doh make white British wear Kente, eat yam, speak Akan or Igbo, or openly oppose the "liberal" society we have now. I may not have "distant ancestry" dating back to Anglo-Saxon times or earlier, but so what, I like the culture without some dope Muslim saying what is what. Again, if a Brit went to his country, it would be a major affront. It may seem ironic, even hypocritical, for me to say but immigration should really be contained and/or limited.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » April 2nd, 2014, 12:19 pm

turbosingh wrote:Not affected>il have a dinner special...

Like dem need a MFC.

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » April 2nd, 2014, 5:52 pm

WTH is Halal???

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » April 16th, 2014, 1:02 pm

This has become a very controversial issue in the UK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... first.html

rodfarva
Riding on 17's

Postby rodfarva » April 16th, 2014, 1:41 pm

The branch, in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, is one of 86 KFC restaurants which is running trials of a scheme where they sell nothing other than halal meat.

Its a Trial.
KFC is a business.
If they get complaints, the responsible move is to investigate those complaints and try to resolve them (if its feasible)
When the trial ends, If there are more complaints about the new menu than there were about the old menu, then its likely they'll revert.
Otherwise, why not please their customers?

triniboy
18 pounds of Boost

Postby triniboy » April 16th, 2014, 1:57 pm

lol, i thought this was an April fools joke.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » April 16th, 2014, 2:47 pm

In other news... How come a Charlies black puddin open on Ramsaran St. in Chag? They have a Hallal certificate?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”