Forums

Town and country planning approval

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

CkBais
Riding on 13's

Re: Town and country planning approval

Postby CkBais » June 20th, 2019, 2:18 am

@crazymofo really lol I was studying if I had to pay someone to do it...i might as well do that an done

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 20th, 2019, 6:55 am

Isn’t the whole system changing for town and country approval to some new computerized system ?

CkBais
Riding on 13's

Postby CkBais » June 20th, 2019, 10:52 am

Computerized not that I am aware off...i reached the outline phase..they require tcp 3, cadastral...a location sketch...with light pole land Mark an roads indicated....copy of deed an reference number

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » November 1st, 2019, 4:00 pm

Anyone ever appeal a drawing by town and country

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 1st, 2019, 4:03 pm

its not uncommon but obviously the violation must be subjective enough and not blatant
like building 2ft from the boundaries.

R.P.J wrote:Anyone ever appeal a drawing by town and country

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » November 1st, 2019, 9:21 pm

Help me understand something from the front wall to the boundary is 16 Feet Isnt that enough space to erect a open front shed?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 2nd, 2019, 4:43 am

The setback is measured to the dripline of the building. The 15 ft setback is for minor roads only. Not sure if you're trying to add something in front of an existing building but no structures can be erected within the setback envelope.

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » November 2nd, 2019, 6:45 am

^^ True.
There is a minimum setback distance depending on where you are located,
Front 3.5 - 4.5 meters
Rear 3 - 4.5 m
Sides 2 - 3.5 m
for 2story buildings.

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » November 3rd, 2019, 2:28 pm

I have a flat house living San Fernando
From the front face of my house to the boundary Picket is 16 Feet and from the boundary picket to the road is 9 Feet. I did a drawing for a Front Shed an they Refused it.

Is that you have to have 15 feet from the road to your boundary or you have to have 15 feet from your boundary to the front wall?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 3rd, 2019, 3:01 pm

R.P.J wrote:I have a flat house living San Fernando
From the front face of my house to the boundary Picket is 16 Feet and from the boundary picket to the road is 9 Feet. I did a drawing for a Front Shed an they Refused it.

Is that you have to have 15 feet from the road to your boundary or you have to have 15 feet from your boundary to the front wall?
You must have a 15 ft "setback" from your property boundary to the exterior of your building including overhangs.

At 16 ft from your boundary, you will likely not be approved for any structure to the front of the building.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 3rd, 2019, 4:04 pm

if a simple lil shed they aint gonna stop you from building it
look at how many ppl have that to cover their car garage etc

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 3rd, 2019, 5:15 pm

What you went to them for? Boy, do like everybody else and build. Nobody's coming to stop you unless you close to a pesky neighbour or somebody envy you.

Mowally
Street 2NR

Re: WTK: Town and Country Approval

Postby Mowally » November 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm

I'm bumping an 11yr old chead... I need info. Does d Johnny Walker work?? :o :P

rdegannes87
Riding on 13's

Postby rdegannes87 » March 10th, 2021, 5:11 pm

Any idea how long it takes to get a hearing date from your appeal of a decision by Town & Country?

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » March 10th, 2021, 6:16 pm

rdegannes87 wrote:Any idea how long it takes to get a hearing date from your appeal of a decision by Town & Country?

Who cares? Do your thing. TCPD don't matter.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 11th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Sadly, if T&C decide to team up with RC's across the country to enforce their will on unapproved structures then 70% or more of current commercial and residential infrastructure would be demolished.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 11th, 2021, 2:49 pm

once u dont need a loan or to use it as collateral in the future, go full steam ahead. them not studying what eh reach them.

t/c pursuing people is political suicide, cause barely any thing would be in compliance, even some govt offices.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 11th, 2021, 4:06 pm

sMASH wrote:once u dont need a loan or to use it as collateral in the future, go full steam ahead. them not studying what eh reach them.

t/c pursuing people is political suicide, cause barely any thing would be in compliance, even some govt offices.

Without T&C approval, no future potential buyer will be able to secure a mortgage, either. With about 4 out of 5 home buyers using financing, the pool of possible buyers shrinks considerably, if that's important to you.

Eliminating the possibility of leveraging any property simply reduces its investment value by a considerable percentage.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 11th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Truth
adnj wrote:
sMASH wrote:once u dont need a loan or to use it as collateral in the future, go full steam ahead. them not studying what eh reach them.

Without T&C approval, no future potential buyer will be able to secure a mortgage, either. With about 4 out of 5 home buyers using financing, the pool of possible buyers shrinks considerably, if that's important to you.

Eliminating the possibility of leveraging any property simply reduces its investment value by a considerable percentage.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 14th, 2021, 6:14 pm

While it is stressful to run down T/C and Reg Corp, it is worth it in the end if you have to sell, or take out a second mortgage. Oddly, I got more trouble with Reg than T/C, almost two facking years! :shock:

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » March 17th, 2021, 10:17 am

De Dragon wrote:While it is stressful to run down T/C and Reg Corp, it is worth it in the end if you have to sell, or take out a second mortgage. Oddly, I got more trouble with Reg than T/C, almost two facking years! :shock:

I'm in the same boat. Just this morning i was sitting and thinking that its almost two years for me dealing with R/C.

They are the absolute worst. No lie. Swear its like you begging them. Something really needs to be done about them.

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » March 17th, 2021, 11:59 am

2 years yuh say???
which corporation are you dealing with?
were you given a defect sheet?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 17th, 2021, 8:58 pm

GRIM wrote:2 years yuh say???

CTTRC, and no
The sickening thing was, they would say" you need to have a drain"
OK, drain built
R/C ok you need to cast it
OK, cast
R/C you need to cap it
OK :?
This went on with several items, they would never give you one complete list. The inspector would come by every week IF you were lucky :roll:
I thought he was looking for a bribe, but it turns out he was just difficult

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 17th, 2021, 9:05 pm

They supposed to send you a "notice of defects"

But sometimes you will meet a backside inspector who just aint like yuh head
De Dragon wrote:

CTTRC, and no
OK, drain built
OK, cast
R/C you need to cap it
This went on with several items, they would never give you one complete list. The inspector would come by every week IF you were lucky :roll:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 17th, 2021, 10:15 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:They supposed to send you a "notice of defects"

But sometimes you will meet a backside inspector who just aint like yuh head
De Dragon wrote:

CTTRC, and no
OK, drain built
OK, cast
R/C you need to cap it

Never saw any list, just weekly attitude from this Inspector. I don't want to bring race in it, but he went on vacation for 2 weeks, and the Indo Inspector assigned to cover granted the approval, saying he couldn't understand why I was getting the runaround.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » March 19th, 2021, 1:29 pm

De Dragon wrote:

CTTRC, and no
OK, drain built
OK, cast
R/C you need to cap it

This sounds very familiar.

I'm Dealing with ABC.

I got 3 lists and each time they added something or removed something.

It's totally unbearable and unacceptable.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 13th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Anybody went through the steps in getting T&C approval for an existing structure on a property?

This structure has been in existence for approx 40 years with lights, water, road access and drainage. There was an issue with the title during that time but it has been fully resolved. Can the land alone be approved? or both house and land requires T&C approval?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 13th, 2021, 9:42 pm

i went thru this a few years ago in order to renew a woodbrook property lease(change of type from residential to semi)

you need all the drawings done up.
i hired a guy who knew the ropes and handled all the drawings etc. but most competent architects or draftsmen may know the run

The_Honourable wrote:Anybody went through the steps in getting T&C approval for an existing structure on a property?

This structure has been in existence for approx 40 years with lights, water, road access and drainage. There was an issue with the title during that time but it has been fully resolved. Can the land alone be approved? or both house and land requires T&C approval?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » November 15th, 2021, 6:03 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Anybody went through the steps in getting T&C approval for an existing structure on a property?

Have a surveyor do a cadastral sheet for you, apply for a Status of Land letter and submit the necessary documents to TCPD using the DevelopTT website.

If it isn't a bonafide lot, you can submit the same cadastral and apply for Planning permission for the lot on the aforementioned website.

Once you receive Final Approval from the Corporation that your site falls under you can submit for Retention Approval for the structure. You will need to contact a civil engineer that's registered with the Board of Engineering of Trinidad and Tobago to prepare a Structural Integrity Report for the building. Contact a draughtsman as well to draw your site plan, floor plans, elevations, septic details and plumbing isometric.

Note that you won't get final approval without providing proof of ownership or an authorization letter from the owner that's done by a JP.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 16th, 2021, 10:02 am

pugboy wrote:i went thru this a few years ago in order to renew a woodbrook property lease(change of type from residential to semi)

you need all the drawings done up.
i hired a guy who knew the ropes and handled all the drawings etc. but most competent architects or draftsmen may know the run

kerwinishere wrote:Have a surveyor do a cadastral sheet for you, apply for a Status of Land letter and submit the necessary documents to TCPD using the DevelopTT website.

If it isn't a bonafide lot, you can submit the same cadastral and apply for Planning permission for the lot on the aforementioned website.

Once you receive Final Approval from the Corporation that your site falls under you can submit for Retention Approval for the structure. You will need to contact a civil engineer that's registered with the Board of Engineering of Trinidad and Tobago to prepare a Structural Integrity Report for the building. Contact a draughtsman as well to draw your site plan, floor plans, elevations, septic details and plumbing isometric.

Note that you won't get final approval without providing proof of ownership or an authorization letter from the owner that's done by a JP.

Thank you very much for your answers. Have a better idea now on the process, will check a surveyor for more guidance and to start.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”