Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby zoom rader » May 10th, 2020, 2:17 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:People dont have the money to do that.
Lawyers not going to waste the time either unless it worth the money
zoom rader wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:So i now went tropical express to collect a package i was overcharged on.
Its been under query for the last 2 weeks

Them tell me i need to get legal representation, send letter to customs and provide copies of my bank statement to prove i pay for the item and take customs to court to re-value the item, even tho i emailed them the order details and sent them a print out too.

I done dey yes....

Me aint ordering nothing with them again

Rel MC BS
1% getting to you bro. They winning .

Take them to court . Every one needs to so the same and clog up customs , goverment and the courts.

You will see how fast they will rethink their actions .
Write letters to the President, PNM prime minister, your MP, the PNM media houses, call in talk shows and social media.

People need start to highlighting it.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » May 10th, 2020, 6:45 am

I was told by my skybox company that the issue is packages with no invoice in it. They are encouraging customers to include the invoice in the package. Customs will process duties based on the invoice attached. If no invoice then they will do the scan/research thing and with that will come the overvaluation.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 10th, 2020, 9:29 am

Kronik how much they jam u?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 10th, 2020, 9:44 am

Nope
Tropical making ppl pre-alert pkgs now and they still overcharging ppl
greggle71 wrote:I was told by my skybox company that the issue is packages with no invoice in it. They are encouraging customers to include the invoice in the package. Customs will process duties based on the invoice attached. If no invoice then they will do the scan/research thing and with that will come the overvaluation.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 10th, 2020, 9:46 am

About 300
And the charges was on the customs sextion of the bill
Phone Surgeon wrote:Kronik how much they jam u?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 10th, 2020, 11:21 am

Have a laptop charger this week. Will report back how the episode unfolds.
Also a vacuum hose from China that seems to be lost in the US for the last month.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 10th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Kenjo wrote:^^^^^this was business accounts , not private accounts . But it’s real random because some friends got charged way less than they were expecting too
With near-zero passenger arrivals, there should be quite a few additional customs officers to inspect incoming packages and check values.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm

greggle71 wrote:I was told by my skybox company that the issue is packages with no invoice in it. They are encouraging customers to include the invoice in the package. Customs will process duties based on the invoice attached. If no invoice then they will do the scan/research thing and with that will come the overvaluation.
I lived in the Cayman islands for a year and the customs would not release any packages if an invoice was not supplied with it. The shipping company would add an addition fee if they have to chase you up for the invoice. You had to email invoice to shipping company for them to supply to Cayman customs.

Simply no invoice no package and they don't care.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 10th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Understood

But if i supply the invoice, why they assigning a different value to rob me?
I sent a soft and hard copy
Plus the item came direct from amazon with the packing slip.

They just digging out ppl eye for nothing.
zoom rader wrote:
I lived in the Cayman islands for a year and the customs would not release any packages if an invoice was not supplied with it. The shipping company would add an addition fee if they have to chase you up for the invoice. You had to email invoice to shipping company for them to supply to Cayman customs.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 10th, 2020, 12:49 pm

These were my charges for a $185 usd soundbar with websource
Screenshot_20200507-204043_Email.jpeg

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 10th, 2020, 12:51 pm

That rel good for airfreight
Phone Surgeon wrote:These were my charges for a $185 usd soundbar with websource
Screenshot_20200507-204043_Email.jpeg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 10th, 2020, 1:09 pm

International trade has also decreased. Non energy exports and I assume all imports are down so the officers usually on that side also not busy.
adnj wrote:
Kenjo wrote:^^^^^this was business accounts , not private accounts . But it’s real random because some friends got charged way less than they were expecting too
With near-zero passenger arrivals, there should be quite a few additional customs officers to inspect incoming packages and check values.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 10th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Import permits no longer needed to buy seeds

FOOD SECURITY now has legislative backing through amendments to existing law, which will make it easier to import seeds for local production securing TT's ability to feed itself amidst covid19.

Last Sunday, Nirmala Debysingh-Persad, CEO of National Agricultural Marketing and Development Corporation (Namdevco) said the country can sustain itself if covid19 restrictions tighten and food exporting countries shut their doors.

In response to questions last week, Minister of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries, Clarence Rambharat, agreed that TT is food secure, but that is predicated on external factors which he hopes will not adversely affect TT.

“In relation to the question of food security and our ability to feed ourselves – we should be mindful that even with local manufacturing of food and local growing of fresh fruit, vegetables and ground provision – there is reliance on imported seeds, fertilisers, insecticides and herbicides as well as raw material for manufacturers and packaging material. Our food supply is, therefore, constrained by global prices, availability of supplies, reliability of shipping, weather conditions here and abroad and most importantly – availability of Forex.”

President of the Trinidad Unified Farmers Association Shiraz Khan told Newsday last week that uncertainties over imports of products to make feed, limited access to water for irrigation and domestic use, and the harsh weather patterns in the dry season have all come together to put dairy farming in TT and agriculture on the whole, at risk.

Khan, a livestock and dairy farmer by trade, called for immediate investment in food production, and said his trade, dairy farming and livestock farming, could end up in an even worse position because of the economic crisis stemming from covid19 than it is in now, after decades of mistreatment.

That investment, Rambharat said, came in the form of legislation that gave him the power to waive import permits on food items. A special committee was set up to treat with food security chaired by Rambharat, Trade Minister Paula Gopee-Scoon and Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan. Coming out of that committee was the suggestion to amend Section 3 of the Plant Protection Act of 1975.

“Even after it was agreed globally that processed agriculture products should not require import permits, TT had left in place 1975 measures to require import permits on all agricultural produce. This caused bureaucratic delays, increased costs, inefficiencies, delays, disruptions, inequalities, excessive plant quarantine overtime costs, corruption, and low productivity. A measure was included in the Miscellaneous Bill approved by the House of Representatives last Wednesday, to allow the Minister of Agriculture, Land and Agriculture to exempt by order, any item from the import permit requirement set out in the Plant Protection Act.”

Section 3 of the Act states no person shall import into TT any fruits, planting material, plant pest, pathogens, plant products, soil, vegetables or any other prescribed articles (hereinafter referred to as “restricted articles”) unless he first obtains a permit. Failure to adhere to that will result in a $5,000 fine or two year jail term for the first time offender and $10,000 or two years in jail or the repeat offender.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/05/10/import-permits-no-longer-needed-to-buy-seeds/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 10th, 2020, 8:35 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Understood

zoom rader wrote:

Bro, I can't really say.

Once I got an item on sale for half the price and I supplied paid invoice. Customs then went on line and found item and they charged duties on the full cost and not the sale price.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 11th, 2020, 3:12 am

So this is a bit scary as GM (genetically modified) seeds only yield once; you can't plant the seeds from the crop produced as it is essentially sterile. It is also designed to systematically wipe out the natural crop when cross pollination occurs. I mean if we using GM seeds a while now, the "natural" produce is already doomed.

It was designed to make people and countries dependent
NR8 wrote:Import permits no longer needed to buy seeds

FOOD SECURITY now has legislative backing through amendments to existing law, which will make it easier to import seeds for local production securing TT's ability to feed itself amidst covid19.

Last Sunday, Nirmala Debysingh-Persad, CEO of National Agricultural Marketing and Development Corporation (Namdevco) said the country can sustain itself if covid19 restrictions tighten and food exporting countries shut their doors.

In response to questions last week, Minister of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries, Clarence Rambharat, agreed that TT is food secure, but that is predicated on external factors which he hopes will not adversely affect TT.

“In relation to the question of food security and our ability to feed ourselves – we should be mindful that even with local manufacturing of food and local growing of fresh fruit, vegetables and ground provision – there is reliance on imported seeds, fertilisers, insecticides and herbicides as well as raw material for manufacturers and packaging material. Our food supply is, therefore, constrained by global prices, availability of supplies, reliability of shipping, weather conditions here and abroad and most importantly – availability of Forex.”

President of the Trinidad Unified Farmers Association Shiraz Khan told Newsday last week that uncertainties over imports of products to make feed, limited access to water for irrigation and domestic use, and the harsh weather patterns in the dry season have all come together to put dairy farming in TT and agriculture on the whole, at risk.

Khan, a livestock and dairy farmer by trade, called for immediate investment in food production, and said his trade, dairy farming and livestock farming, could end up in an even worse position because of the economic crisis stemming from covid19 than it is in now, after decades of mistreatment.

That investment, Rambharat said, came in the form of legislation that gave him the power to waive import permits on food items. A special committee was set up to treat with food security chaired by Rambharat, Trade Minister Paula Gopee-Scoon and Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan. Coming out of that committee was the suggestion to amend Section 3 of the Plant Protection Act of 1975.

“Even after it was agreed globally that processed agriculture products should not require import permits, TT had left in place 1975 measures to require import permits on all agricultural produce. This caused bureaucratic delays, increased costs, inefficiencies, delays, disruptions, inequalities, excessive plant quarantine overtime costs, corruption, and low productivity. A measure was included in the Miscellaneous Bill approved by the House of Representatives last Wednesday, to allow the Minister of Agriculture, Land and Agriculture to exempt by order, any item from the import permit requirement set out in the Plant Protection Act.”

Section 3 of the Act states no person shall import into TT any fruits, planting material, plant pest, pathogens, plant products, soil, vegetables or any other prescribed articles (hereinafter referred to as “restricted articles”) unless he first obtains a permit. Failure to adhere to that will result in a $5,000 fine or two year jail term for the first time offender and $10,000 or two years in jail or the repeat offender.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/05/10/import-permits-no-longer-needed-to-buy-seeds/

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 11th, 2020, 3:52 am

Yeah but many heirloom varieties can be easily sourced too. Perhaps this is something the agriculture ministry can launch an educational campaign on.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » May 11th, 2020, 11:49 am

zoom rader wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Understood

zoom rader wrote:

Bro, I can't really say.

Once I got an item on sale for half the price and I supplied paid invoice. Customs then went on line and found item and they charged duties on the full cost and not the sale price.

Yea if this is what they are doing then it really has no explanation unless it’s part of the customs act and how it’s being applied. I am not versed in that so I will leave it for those more knowledgeable. Seems unreasonable to me, if that is what they are doing then what is the need for an invoice?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 20th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Ok got my charger last Friday, charges were $30 local charges which is only vat and online tax. Item was wrong so new one expected early next week.
Got my vacuum replacement hose today, $6 total, vat and online.

No real difference in my opinion on my end. Provider is Trincargo.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » May 20th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:These were my charges for a $185 usd soundbar with websourceScreenshot_20200507-204043_Email.jpeg

based on the OPT, customs added close to $8 USD to your item

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » May 25th, 2020, 5:05 pm

I need something shipped, asap Its approx 140lbs, two items (small but heavy)
Who's the best nowadays? I know the usual, but quality slipping with these companies
so need to be updated. Last time i shipped something heavy
was a desktop printer with SeaBox, 45lbs for $880 about 2 years ago,

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » May 25th, 2020, 5:13 pm

U can try laparkan and have it sent to swissport and go clear it yourself

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 27th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Got replacement charger today, 12tt for online and vat.
Some vitamins in transit and a shoe up for when I actually start back going out to work is next. Hopefully doesn't dry rot lol.

LAKERS-_-BOSS-_-24
Riding on 13's

Postby LAKERS-_-BOSS-_-24 » May 30th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Last edited by LAKERS-_-BOSS-_-24 on May 30th, 2020, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onsite
Riding on 13's

Postby Onsite » May 30th, 2020, 6:53 pm

jamesblunt1
Street 2NR

Postby jamesblunt1 » May 30th, 2020, 7:08 pm

What courier have you all decided on is the best in terms of fees, then reliability? Websource?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 31st, 2020, 12:18 am

X_Factor wrote:U can try laparkan and have it sent to swissport and go clear it yourself

Been a while since I heard about them. Might have to give them a call.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » May 31st, 2020, 6:07 am

jamesblunt1 wrote:Hope you’re all safe during this time. Anyone ever heard of or used Xivoya? What’s your experiences?

A few weeks ago I drive through Twin Walls and didn't see a single store/sign with this name.

No I didn't call the number for more info because I not really looking to switch at the moment.
Not sure why their prices are hidden unless you call them or write to their inbox.

jamesblunt1
Street 2NR

Postby jamesblunt1 » May 31st, 2020, 4:10 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
jamesblunt1 wrote:Hope you’re all safe during this time. Anyone ever heard of or used Xivoya? What’s your experiences?

A few weeks ago I drive through Twin Walls and didn't see a single store/sign with this name.

No I didn't call the number for more info because I not really looking to switch at the moment.
Not sure why their prices are hidden unless you call them or write to their inbox.

I got a pdf with their info. Their rates start from $25 a lb. Seems like you come up to around the same as the others. They do offer free consolidation though.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » June 2nd, 2020, 11:54 pm

Anybody uses aeromarine and what is the rates/delivery times/customer service is like?

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » June 16th, 2020, 11:20 am

With tropical express for about a year and my experience is that they have been getting progressively worse. Bought items from amazon and it took more than a week from the time Amazon indicated that the packages were delivered, for them to show up on TE tracking as being received in Miami. Then three days for the packages to being shown as "in transit". They have now been in transit more than a week as of today. I just called TE (16/6/2020 11:02am) to find out what is going on. The woman who answered had the scant courtesy to say that they only have two flights per week so I can expect the packages next week, and I should be glad because some people's packages are not even showing up on their tracking service. My wife who is with websource bought items on amazon after i did, (she has prime though) and in five days her package was home.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”