Forums

plz delete

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

crunch14
Riding on 13's

Re: Need advice: Attack by bosses what can i do (Info Tech J

Postby crunch14 » October 11th, 2013, 7:52 am

antlind wrote:Kronik don't quit your job because of an audit. It is very difficult to get IT work in Trinidad. I have been in IT for over 25 years and have been audited before. While an audit is painful, I have found that an audit often identifies areas where I can improve. It's a learning experience. If you run from a job because of an upcoming audit you will be forever changing jobs.
As one previous post stated, use the next few days to tidy up the environment and prepare yourself for the audit.
Hopefully you come out looking good and you get that raise you were asking for. It's better than quitting and having to look for another job.....that may not pay as well as the one you have.
My advice is to stick it out, prepare yourself for the audit, go through the audit, learn as much as you can from the audit and hopefully things will work out for you.
From your previous posts you don't come across as the type of guy to quit when the going gets tough, so hang in there.
This is my 'fatherly' advice to you.
Good luck with your decision.

Thats the best pc of Advice that was given to you here, DON`T quit, jobs not that easy to come by atm, IT is Saturated and you are Permanent atm, finding a job where you become Permanent at this time isn't as easy as it seems.

AFFORDABLE AUTO ADS
Street 2NR

Postby AFFORDABLE AUTO ADS » October 11th, 2013, 7:53 am

1UZFE wrote:U are permanent yes? Quick question are u in a union even though its a small company?

Actually its a family owned company but non-family members make up over 50% of the staff so we are considering this move. Any advice on this tuners?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » October 11th, 2013, 7:58 am

Kronik_Pain wrote:Based on my duties outlined in the post are you capable at $9000? Why i ask is cause i want to know your opinion as if it is fair for the amount of duties and the compensation. Hope you understand the question.
It's not about paying you what you are worth! It's about paying you as little as possible but still retaining your services! The most basic rule of business is "Making as much money as you can off of other persons efforts!".

saxman642
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby saxman642 » October 11th, 2013, 8:07 am

^^ to to put it another way:

pay them the least salary possible that [satisfies them just enough to] keep them coming to work every day

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » October 11th, 2013, 8:08 am

crunch14 wrote:
antlind wrote:Kronik don't quit your job because of an audit. It is very difficult to get IT work in Trinidad. I have been in IT for over 25 years and have been audited before. While an audit is painful, I have found that an audit often identifies areas where I can improve. It's a learning experience. If you run from a job because of an upcoming audit you will be forever changing jobs.
As one previous post stated, use the next few days to tidy up the environment and prepare yourself for the audit.
Hopefully you come out looking good and you get that raise you were asking for. It's better than quitting and having to look for another job.....that may not pay as well as the one you have.
My advice is to stick it out, prepare yourself for the audit, go through the audit, learn as much as you can from the audit and hopefully things will work out for you.
From your previous posts you don't come across as the type of guy to quit when the going gets tough, so hang in there.
This is my 'fatherly' advice to you.
Good luck with your decision.

Thats the best pc of Advice that was given to you here, DON`T quit, jobs not that easy to come by atm, IT is Saturated and you are Permanent atm, finding a job where you become Permanent at this time isn't as easy as it seems.

top advice here.
CYA as Trac said.
and on the Union/Staff association.... in a family organization, dont. They will start operating in defensive mode and that will make life harder for you non family members.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » October 11th, 2013, 8:46 am

Audits are necessary to ensure proper work is being done... if you fear one.. you're probably doing something wrong... then I saw you are reading private emails... that is worse.... personally... you should be fired... not audited.

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » October 11th, 2013, 9:28 am

I was in the same position and my company hired a consultant to audit. He was a moron :lol:
He got 3x my salary per month and left the network in a worst state than I had it.
He made me look good. :mrgreen:

*Nebula*
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby *Nebula* » October 11th, 2013, 9:38 am

IT Audits are now mandatory in all companies, the evaluation determines if the information systems are safeguarding the information assets so don't take it as a "sabotage mechanism".
All companies want the long hours, the weekends and they would even go as far as to provide you with a nifty laptop secured with VPN to work from home, to ensure their business are taken care off.

Another thing salary will always remain and issue, they want value for every cent. Even if you feel unjustified and being treated unfairly it makes no difference, it is the nature of the game. Start testing the market, go to a couple of interviews and determine if you would want to take that leap of faith. Also factor in your career goals, where you want to be in the next five years and start working on a plan. Leaving is an option but make sure you done enough groundwork before you move forward such as (securing a job/position you want and with the salary you think is deserving, having a start up business etc.)

Remember even if you choose to leave you have already invested years with the company; and therefore leaving in a good stance will prove useful to obtain recommendation/references. You may be even lucky to gain loyal clients from the business to move with you if you begin your own consultancy business. You already have eight years ground work, start developing your own portfolio and sourcing clients. Having a sideline business always comes in as an advantage, but it will require commitment.

I wish you all the best.

stig
Street 2NR

Postby stig » October 11th, 2013, 10:15 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Yep, next thing you know after the audit they propose an increase in your salary or the addition of staff to help with your duties.

But the fact that you intercepted a mail that was not meant for your viewing does not reflect well on your behalf.

And posted it on a public forum.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » October 11th, 2013, 10:29 am

saxman642 wrote:^^ to to put it another way:

pay them the least salary possible that [satisfies them just enough to] keep them coming to work every day
have a man on work here I try to teach that and he vex with me. He wondering why he not getting a raise and when I point out that he gets the crumbs that was decided he would accept is level sabotage thing. I explain that me losing that work not going to get him a raise but he has it out for me.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 11th, 2013, 10:36 am

X2 wrote:Audits are necessary to ensure proper work is being done... if you fear one.. you're probably doing something wrong... then I saw you are reading private emails... that is worse.... personally... you should be fired... not audited.

seems like the OP is rather troubled by an audit

makes me wonder if there is more to the story

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » October 11th, 2013, 10:40 am

never leave your job without another job waiting. Every job i quit I always had another waiting and when i didnt have another waiting i just toughed it out until I found one.
I will tell you one thing tho, you spent the majority of the awake time at your job. Not with your family, not with your children, not with your friends, but at your job. When it comes to the point that you have to drag yourself out your bed to go to your job and you dread every living day getting up to go to your job then its time to change. Ive been there before and I can tell you being taxed mentally is twice as hard than being taxed physically.
With physical drain you can recover with food and rest. Mental drain and stress is not that easily reversible and you dont recover with just 2 weeks vacation out of 52 weeks in a year. My job was taking a toll on me so bad that it affected my personal life and it was beginning to spill over to my physical well being, i decided to leave and it was the best decision ever this was earlier in my years and I have kept that mentality ever since.
If you feel the same then start looking for another job while you hold on to this one dont ever leave a job for nothing.

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » October 11th, 2013, 11:37 am

stig wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Yep, next thing you know after the audit they propose an increase in your salary or the addition of staff to help with your duties.

But the fact that you intercepted a mail that was not meant for your viewing does not reflect well on your behalf.

And posted it on a public forum.

Yes. Social Media is a funny thing. If someone at your office is on Tuner they may be able to identify you....Particularly if that blue wagon on your signature with the exposed number plate is your car. If you could delete this post you should IMHO.

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » October 11th, 2013, 12:39 pm

^^ same here I work as the sole IT manger, network admin,tech, support and the list goes on, heck I even do some accounting we are audited quarterly. When they did their first audit I learned alot and it identified areas I was weak in and I worked on improvements

In my second year just like Sky a consultant was brought to "revamp" and he left the systems in a mess, we have very specific needs and it didn't seem like he could meet them as we use specialty equipment for our field and it seems he didn't really care about the requirements of these pieces of equipment.

Personally I would say stick around if you receive criticism use it to improve your abilities and service.

saxman642
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby saxman642 » October 11th, 2013, 12:53 pm

AllTrac wrote:never leave your job without another job waiting. Every job i quit I always had another waiting and when i didnt have another waiting i just toughed it out until I found one.
I will tell you one thing tho, you spent the majority of the awake time at your job. Not with your family, not with your children, not with your friends, but at your job. When it comes to the point that you have to drag yourself out your bed to go to your job and you dread every living day getting up to go to your job then its time to change. Ive been there before and I can tell you being taxed mentally is twice as hard than being taxed physically.
With physical drain you can recover with food and rest. Mental drain and stress is not that easily reversible and you dont recover with just 2 weeks vacation out of 52 weeks in a year. My job was taking a toll on me so bad that it affected my personal life and it was beginning to spill over to my physical well being, i decided to leave and it was the best decision ever this was earlier in my years and I have kept that mentality ever since.
If you feel the same then start looking for another job while you hold on to this one dont ever leave a job for nothing

Solid advice.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 11th, 2013, 2:05 pm

yep, some companies dont know how to properly value an IT person. they only realize what they had when it's gone and they cant find anyone that fills your shoes. yep they end up calling u back and paying u on ur own terms. they will most likely lose the amount of organisation your dedication has brought them with a new person. they will forget stuff and 10 to 1 will have to call on u for help later on as the only person that really know what going on.

handle your business.

drunkenscorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby drunkenscorpion » October 11th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Lorkan bussin yuh balls there pal......try neteffect...see if they hiring.... :-)

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 11th, 2013, 3:49 pm

drunkenscorpion wrote:Lorkan bussin yuh balls there pal......try neteffect...see if they hiring.... :-)
[quote="drunkenscorpion"]

NAHHHH....infotech still stable and more trust worthy than neteffect.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » October 11th, 2013, 4:01 pm

i does see infotech looking for employees every week on caribbean jobs

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » October 11th, 2013, 4:11 pm

AllTrac wrote:i does see infotech looking for employees every week on caribbean jobs

From what I gathered so far, they want you qualified like a consultant, call you a software/systems engineer and treat/pay you like a technician.
Worked with a girl from there. She was installing a new domain for me, along with some servers.
Went outside for a smoke, came back and see this tiny girl toting this Dell R710 to slide in the cabinet, so I was like wtf lemme do that, or at least both of us. She say she used to doing stuff like that. :?

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » October 11th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Sky wrote:
AllTrac wrote:i does see infotech looking for employees every week on caribbean jobs

From what I gathered so far, they want you qualified like a consultant, call you a software/systems engineer and treat/pay you like a technician.
Worked with a girl from there. She was installing a new domain for me, along with some servers.
Went outside for a smoke, came back and see this tiny girl toting this Dell R710 to slide in the cabinet, so I was like wtf lemme do that, or at least both of us. She say she used to doing stuff like that. :?

yup.. :lol: :lol:

former coworker went for an interview there a time...ask for relative small money (~16k) and they were like "wow, we can't afford to pay that"

:|

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 11th, 2013, 4:51 pm

16k/mth eh small money fuh IT unless its a manager or consultant

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » October 11th, 2013, 5:00 pm

infotech folding up jus now

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » October 11th, 2013, 5:04 pm

redmanjp wrote:16k/mth eh small money fuh IT unless its a manager or consultant

what is your definition of "IT"? fixing pc and troubleshooting printer? :roll:

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » October 11th, 2013, 6:15 pm

redmanjp wrote:16k/mth eh small money fuh IT unless its a manager or consultant

The consultant I mentioned was getting 36k/mth because he didn't have much experience.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » October 11th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Sky wrote:

so yuh gutz it while running dcpromo?

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 11th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Have ah whale by we do ah associate in costatt and she calls herself ah computer engineer...

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 11th, 2013, 7:30 pm

5K TTD for the audit, that real good but you pay for what you get.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » October 11th, 2013, 7:32 pm

pioneer wrote:Have ah whale by we do ah associate in costatt and she calls herself ah computer engineer...

associate in costatt = Com. Lit.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » October 11th, 2013, 7:45 pm

She say dey teach dem to open PC case and solder wire an ting

Songin like srs ting

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”