Forums

so i buy a a/c comp 2day

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

azoturbo
Riding on 16's

so i buy a a/c comp 2day

Postby azoturbo » May 14th, 2012, 11:20 pm

yeah i buy a a/c comp 2 day and 1st time this ever happen to me eh but it real sheit up put it on gas up d system worked bess a couple hours after it start 2 make noise gone back by d ac man he say d bearing like it bad so 2morrow i hadda carry it back but i hadda pay d a/c man a smaller fee 2 regas d new one cause he did his part and the compressor thing isnt his fault so d parts place should give me some sort of refund even a friggin $200 self(but i know dat not happening) they sell me a bad compressor and their mistake costing me money any one ever went tru dis ???

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: so i buy a a/c comp 2day

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 14th, 2012, 11:24 pm

the guy who sold you the compressor not responsible for putting gas in your system.
The guy who put the gas not responsible for the condition of the compressor

it's tough, but you will have to stand that cost yourself.

was it a brand new compressor?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » May 14th, 2012, 11:36 pm

azoturbo wrote:yeah i buy a a/c comp 2 day and 1st time this ever happen to me eh but it real sheit up put it on gas up d system worked bess a couple hours after it start 2 make noise gone back by d ac man he say d bearing like it bad so 2morrow i hadda carry it back but i hadda pay d a/c man a smaller fee 2 regas d new one cause he did his part and the compressor thing isnt his fault so d parts place should give me some sort of refund even a friggin $200 self(but i know dat not happening) they sell me a bad compressor and their mistake costing me money any one ever went tru dis ???

Translator wrote:I bought a compressor for my a/c today, but it seems to be broken. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.
It was installed and the system was pressurized and it worked really well for a couple hours before it started to make a noise. I returned to my a/c technician who suggested that it sounded like a bad bearing and that I should return it, but that I should pay a smaller fee to re-install the new one since he isn't culpable here. So he said the parts place should give me some sort of refund, if even $200 since he insists they sold me a faulty compressor and their mistake is costing me.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Verily?

Did the place from which you purchased this compressor have a guarantee/warranty on it?

Because, if not...well...

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 14th, 2012, 11:51 pm

I'm guessing it's a used comp, you have to accept it, the chances you take buying used parts.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » May 15th, 2012, 6:06 am

lack of punctuation is one hell of a thing

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 15th, 2012, 6:31 am

I almost pelt my monitor to the floor trying to read that sheit :x

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » May 15th, 2012, 7:06 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:I almost pelt my monitor to the floor trying to read that sheit :x

i stale drunk and tried to read it. not fun. :lol:

Quicksilver
Riding on 17's

Postby Quicksilver » May 15th, 2012, 7:18 am

I guess its safe to assume that it was a used compressor. I had similar experiences before but in each case had 1-2 weeks warranty from the FU dealer, plus the A/C man regassed for free.

BTW some A/C shops have a system to remove and reuse the gas from your system if you have problems after a fresh install.

bigchief3679
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby bigchief3679 » May 15th, 2012, 7:22 am

Mango Tree A/C technician = No Vacuum pump.

Quicksilver
Riding on 17's

Postby Quicksilver » May 15th, 2012, 7:27 am

^^^ :lol: If Im not mistaken there is an A/C shop in Arima that has that system, and there is/was a big mango tree over the shop and yard.. :lol:

King Kool
3NE 2NR for life

so i buy a a/c comp 2day

Postby King Kool » May 15th, 2012, 7:27 am

Is the compressor making noise only with the A/C on? Be very careful with the cheap or mis- labelled refrigerant on the market also most shops use cheap ester oil which would contribute to the problem, did you see the oil bottle? What was wrong with the initial compressor? An improper job can also cause problems, you just can't take off a failed compressor, reinstall another & recharge your A/C system=trouble. Used parts also have no reliability, just think about the failure rate of new factory parts? They just don't make them like they used to. We can test your refrigerant for purity $69. Check out our Facebook page to see how many passed & failed tests we come across. We post pics of all tests so don't think we strategically posting more failed tests. Most failed tests already caused the compressor to fail. We have no equipment to test your oil. Most people think we are expensive but our customers get the best deal on parts because we import our own & we supply other shops, call & compare a simple everyday used part such as a drier, we also do very detailed jobs & use proper materials which cost more but creates customer satisfaction & goodwill for us. Our prices are very competitive on the auto A/C market, always remember you pay for what you get. Between the used compressor & the materials your A/C tech most likely using, sounds like you're in for a long ride. Hope you enjoy it!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 15th, 2012, 8:25 am

Hook wrote:
azoturbo wrote:yeah i buy a a/c comp 2 day and 1st time this ever happen to me eh but it real sheit up put it on gas up d system worked bess a couple hours after it start 2 make noise gone back by d ac man he say d bearing like it bad so 2morrow i hadda carry it back but i hadda pay d a/c man a smaller fee 2 regas d new one cause he did his part and the compressor thing isnt his fault so d parts place should give me some sort of refund even a friggin $200 self(but i know dat not happening) they sell me a bad compressor and their mistake costing me money any one ever went tru dis ???

Translator wrote:I bought a compressor for my a/c today, but it seems to be broken. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.
It was installed and the system was pressurized and it worked really well for a couple hours before it started to make a noise. I returned to my a/c technician who suggested that it sounded like a bad bearing and that I should return it, but that I should pay a smaller fee to re-install the new one since he isn't culpable here. So he said the parts place should give me some sort of refund, if even $200 since he insists they sold me a faulty compressor and their mistake is costing me.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Verily?

Did the place from which you purchased this compressor have a guarantee/warranty on it?

Because, if not...well...

Hmmmm Translator eh......hmmmmm ok

PARTS2go
3NE 2NR for life

Postby PARTS2go » May 15th, 2012, 11:09 am

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 15th, 2012, 11:26 am

in before king ko... oh wait never mind :|

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 15th, 2012, 11:41 am

r3iXmann wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:I almost pelt my monitor to the floor trying to read that sheit :x

i stale drunk and tried to read it. not fun. :lol:

And you in de people dem wuk??? Try not to frig up nobody servers today eh dan!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TK!
Riding on 18's

Postby TK! » May 15th, 2012, 11:45 am

pioneer wrote:lack of punctuation is one hell of a thing

I was gonna tell him the secret to getting used compressors to work but I get vex jus by reading dat sheit.

TK!
Riding on 18's

Postby TK! » May 15th, 2012, 11:48 am

King Kool wrote:Is the compressor making noise only with the A/C on? Be very careful with the cheap or mis- labelled refrigerant on the market also most shops use cheap ester oil which would contribute to the problem, did you see the oil bottle? What was wrong with the initial compressor? An improper job can also cause problems, you just can't take off a failed compressor, reinstall another & recharge your A/C system=trouble. Used parts also have no reliability, just think about the failure rate of new factory parts? They just don't make them like they used to. We can test your refrigerant for purity $69. Check out our Facebook page to see how many passed & failed tests we come across. We post pics of all tests so don't think we strategically posting more failed tests. Most failed tests already caused the compressor to fail. We have no equipment to test your oil. Most people think we are expensive but our customers get the best deal on parts because we import our own & we supply other shops, call & compare a simple everyday used part such as a drier, we also do very detailed jobs & use proper materials which cost more but creates customer satisfaction & goodwill for us. Our prices are very competitive on the auto A/C market, always remember you pay for what you get. Between the used compressor & the materials your A/C tech most likely using, sounds like you're in for a long ride. Hope you enjoy it!

another post in need of translation.

do these ppl go to school?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 15th, 2012, 4:25 pm

^duane should put in a translator feature

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

so i buy a a/c comp 2day

Postby Hook » May 15th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Ent?! Dem does come in and talk about checking for all kinda information that the customer is not privy to!

How exactly is the average Joe to know the wrong gas/oil with the right labels are being used? How is the customer getting access to it in the first place? Any of the big name shops does show u the labels on the bottle before they gas up? *steups*

If I had to do all that research just to verify that my a/c shop does everything by the book, best I just do it myself ent?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 15th, 2012, 6:44 pm

King Kool wrote:Is the compressor making noise only with the A/C on? Be very careful with the cheap or mis- labelled refrigerant on the market also most shops use cheap ester oil which would contribute to the problem, did you see the oil bottle? What was wrong with the initial compressor? An improper job can also cause problems, you just can't take off a failed compressor, reinstall another & recharge your A/C system=trouble. Used parts also have no reliability, just think about the failure rate of new factory parts? They just don't make them like they used to. We can test your refrigerant for purity $69. Check out our Facebook page to see how many passed & failed tests we come across. We post pics of all tests so don't think we strategically posting more failed tests. Most failed tests already caused the compressor to fail. We have no equipment to test your oil. Most people think we are expensive but our customers get the best deal on parts because we import our own & we supply other shops, call & compare a simple everyday used part such as a drier, we also do very detailed jobs & use proper materials which cost more but creates customer satisfaction & goodwill for us. Our prices are very competitive on the auto A/C market, always remember you pay for what you get. Between the used compressor & the materials your A/C tech most likely using, sounds like you're in for a long ride. Hope you enjoy it!

I'm confused....

Are u trying to promote ur business or just trolling?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » May 15th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Hook wrote:Ent?! Dem does come in and talk about checking for all kinda information that the customer is not privy to!

How exactly is the average Joe to know the wrong gas/oil with the right labels are being used? How is the customer getting access to it in the first place? Any of the big name shops does show u the labels on the bottle before they gas up? *steups*

If I had to do all that research just to verify that my a/c shop does everything by the book, best I just do it myself ent?

agreed

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 15th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Hook wrote:Ent?! Dem does come in and talk about checking for all kinda information that the customer is not privy to!

true, makes sense but hook remember research is good. Once one knows the ins and outs of how something works and what is supposed to be done no one can BS you - not even the so called "technician".

case and point in the example above a simple questions to ask would be " so what gas you using in the system".what psi should the system be charged at? is it normal to see mist coming from the vents?? Me personally i ask ALOT of questions - once my money jumping out of my pocket is my right. if in fact someone as a technician cant answer the question properly or givin me BS.i gone.
i understand that the avg joe may not be able to verify what is actually being done on the vehicle but thats the chance you take whenever you pay someone to do something- it could be a case of

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 15th, 2012, 9:16 pm

an air conditioning compressor

PARTS2go
3NE 2NR for life

Postby PARTS2go » May 15th, 2012, 10:25 pm

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 16th, 2012, 1:50 am

op was upset dan....lol....

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » May 16th, 2012, 6:55 am

Quicksilver wrote:^^^ :lol: If Im not mistaken there is an A/C shop in Arima that has that system, and there is/was a big mango tree over the shop and yard.. :lol:

yup right next to the muffler man... :lol:

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Postby Bareback » May 16th, 2012, 3:48 pm

So where de OP gone??????????????????

Gaggles, is that you?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”