Hadda be ED ehhh... Man now discoverin LDR

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 17th, 2015, 5:22 pm

INHUMAN wrote:Hadda be ED ehhh... Man now discoverin LDR

???

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:25 pm

was my first post on this thread on page 2. And I knew about LDR like 3 years now so not sure where you going with this. She is just fantastic and never gets old so everytime I hear this woman is like I now discover her so you right take win.

Anyways who didn't see this yet, amazing live performance, no playback rubbish here.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 17th, 2015, 9:49 pm

I miss steffy :(

But hold some Inna

She is like sooooo hottttt!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 24th, 2016, 12:26 am

Didn't know this one even existed, its unreleased and it actually sounds better when the speed is reduced. Which is why you notice some people upload this with a slower recorded play speed than the Original.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Postby baigan » October 24th, 2016, 4:26 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Didn't know this one even existed, its unreleased and it actually sounds better when the speed is reduced. Which is why you notice some people upload this with a slower recorded play speed than the Original.

Sounds nice
Never heard this one myself

Damn, all of lana's songs make me feel like calling up all my exes lol

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 31st, 2019, 7:06 pm

well well well the decade is over and its good to know that Lana's song Video Games won Song of the Decade at Q Awards

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50080526

Her new album Normam Fcking Rockwell is highly ranked as one of the best Album of the Decade

Q magazine just called her America's finest singer-songwriter singer of the decade.

A far cry from the days when those big boy reviewers mocked her and called her a fake.

All in all those award shows are meaningless, it is just political ass kissing and lots of LGBTQ nonsense. Am very happy Lana doesn't make music for radio stations or stupid videos for youtube views like that annoying one Ariana Grande does, hope Lana continues to stay classy making great stuff like this not giving a damn about clicks

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » January 1st, 2020, 4:39 pm

Holy fakkin erectile dysfunction bump

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 1st, 2020, 6:23 pm

she arite inno if i hear she on d radio i wont change d station , a bit too laid back bordering on boring but i eh go rate she up on a pedestal like how ed doing

i wonder if ED even know who is barbra streisand & ever take a listen to her & plenty other female artists from d 70s .... like comparing chalk n cheese

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 1st, 2020, 6:47 pm

Rovin wrote:she arite inno if i hear she on d radio i wont change d station , a bit too laid back bordering on boring but i eh go rate she up on a pedestal like how ed doing

i wonder if ED even know who is barbra streisand & ever take a listen to her & plenty other female artists from d 70s .... like comparing chalk n cheese

Barbra Streisand, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Ray Charles is the kinda stuff I listen to.

I don't listen to modern music especially not people like Ariana Grande, however Lana happens to be one of the very few good ones worth listening to these days, the Norman Fcking Rockwell in my book is easily the best album of the decade but I could be biased since I always liked Lana's style. I also like Post Modern Jukebox you should check out their channel on youtube they do some really good covers turning modern music into 1940's and stuff. I also like to listen to traditional Chinese music

I like a lot of piano music also, I listen to experimental music by Yosi Horikawa, he in is top notch in my book.

My music tends to be mainly stuff that fits into an audiophile headphone setup.

Any other recommendations for female singers from the 70's and 60's? you look like have good taste in music from what I see.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 1st, 2020, 7:18 pm

good boy ED , nice to see a youth not engulfed in a bunch of modern crap

60s didnt have that much mostly men

u cud google it but female artist\groups from 70s-80s i can recall off d top of my head .......

abba - yes i know d guys sang lead on a few songs
blondie
rita coolidge
linda ronstadt
randy crawford
carpenters - bro & sis duo
cher
tina turner
expose
cyndi lauper
laura branigan
donna summer
olivia newton john
carly simon
anne murray
chaka khan
dionne warwick
gloria estefan
heart - band , more on d rock side
carole king

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 1st, 2020, 7:23 pm

Rovin wrote:good boy ED , nice to see a youth not engulfed in a bunch of modern crap

60s didnt have that much mostly men

u cud google it but female artist\groups from 70s-80s i can recall off d top of my head .......

abba - yes i know d guys sang lead on a few songs
blondie
rita coolidge
linda ronstadt
randy crawford
carpenters - bro & sis duo
cher
tina turner
expose
cyndi lauper
laura branigan
donna summer
olivia newton john
carly simon
anne murray
chaka khan
dionne warwick
gloria estefan
heart - band , more on d rock side
carole king

wonderful list, some of them I never heard of, gonna check it out thanks. I always appreciate this kinda stuff :)

This is a sample of Postmodern Jukebox, they really do know how to find talent, just can't help but love these damn covers they do

I slowly building up a Audiophile Floor Standing Tower Speaking setup taking me a few years to save up money but building it myself in parts using parts-express.com to get everything. Can't wait to have it completed will post some pics when its completed. I probably not including a subwoofer because most of the music I play don't require that kind of bass since I mainly like classic stuff

But yeah check out Postmodern Jukebox you might like it.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 1st, 2020, 7:43 pm

from ever since i listened to what popular from d 50s elevis & beatles time come back to learn what existed from then til now so i can say i know alot

dem 70s soul brothas & sistas had some really unique music back then , they in a category by themselves & a few of those mixed race bands too , u couldnt tell if was black or white ppl playing instruments &\or singing

in front my car audio store i play all kinds of stuff & when i played certain songs ppl passing by who havent heard it in ages they come in just to tell me that

just last wk a old man probably in his 70s with a walking cane & with health problems including not so good eye sight for some1 of his age walked into my store , man said anytime he passes in front my store he hears stuff that takes him back in time & he enjoys it , he asked me to burn some some cds & dvds to play on his 30yr old bose system , been ages since i burn a cd\dvd but i did it for him for absolutely free , d man was so happy & i was glad to make his day

good music is something that unites us all ... 8-)

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 1st, 2020, 7:56 pm

its VERY rare that i like music covered by another artists especially when modern new comer "artists" take songs way much older than them & put their dotish tasteless style on them, i practically hate that stuff , imo thats like lazy talentless plagiarism

a prime example is what u posted there with that aerosmith song , what a horrible atrocity compared to d unique classic from 1973

a good example of a well done cover song especially by ppl who already well established & actually have great musical talent is like this 1 ...

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 1st, 2020, 8:05 pm

For real jed Phil Collins really too good for this world yes

I didn't even know Groovy kind of love was a song from another artist, always thought Phil was the original singer.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 1st, 2020, 8:20 pm

Rovin wrote:its VERY rare that i like music covered by another artists especially when modern new comer "artists" take songs way much older than them & put their dotish tasteless style on them, i practically hate that stuff , imo thats like lazy talentless plagiarism

a prime example is what u posted there with that aerosmith song , what a horrible atrocity compared to d unique classic from 1973

a good example of a well done cover song especially by ppl who already well established & actually have great musical talent is like this 1 ...

that group there, they genera bend a lot of covers. the girl there can sing. if u can tolerate their translation of the song, then u might get some nice listening on a good system. me, i dont like what they do, only really one song i came across that i thought was done well.. it was different from the original, and different from the more serious covers.
the original is like a pre grunge 80 rage against the system sound, the serious covers, emphasized the doom and gloom of the world. and the cover from the post modern juke box was like a cynical/satirecal take on the original rage quit material.

i like it, i think it worked... but thats the only one i can tolerate, the others are too much of them smelling them selves as being jazz stylists

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 1st, 2020, 9:03 pm

Producer of this is Song/Album is Jack Antonoff, he is a 4 time Grammy Winner

Thus far NFR is pending but expected to win a double Grammy for Album of the year and song of the year. Even tho I don't see how its possible since Lana doesn't make mainstream music anymore and hasn't been for many years. I always thought the Grammy was basically a popularity contest?

The scene at 3:47 with the 1970's style of trombone playing and the Americana pepsi cola sail feels like something that falls between the ending of Shawshank Redemption and Gilligan's Island, has a crazy nostalgic vibes to it, very underrated musician if you ask me.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 1st, 2020, 10:19 pm

ldr is an artist. she has her own perspective on things, and her own unique voice to tell her stories. her unique style is not mainstream, so it will not become popular. they will have their own niche followings. why she will be making music and money, is that she is good, and makes good music. she will have her own place in the industry, with her own followers.

i like manson and deadmau5 and bouty killa, her music isnt my style. but she makes good stuff. i was amazed by born to die, blue jeans and ride.
and yes, those awards are popularity contests. it doesnt mean the artists arent 'good' its just that the focus is on the popular or the social justice flavor of the week, instead of on the 'goodness' of the artist.

ariana grande is good, pop, but good. so to is taylor swift. but they tailor their compositions to suit billboard top 100, rather than tell a unique story or tell it in a unique way. it doesnt mean they are fake, just means they not as deep as the others that stick to thier own thing.
lana will not get as many top 100 positions, but she WILL be respected.

so, dont get tie up in awards, or praises, or positions. u listen to what u want to listen to, because u like it. i mean, back in the day , i was a big aqua and venga boys fan.
music is NOT racing. u should not make music to come first, and u shoudl not listen to music because it came first.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 1st, 2020, 10:28 pm

^
Wow Smash you nailed it, didn't expect such a perfect and simple explanation on basically the entire music industry.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 1st, 2020, 10:42 pm

smash is a bright dude , well said

google\youtube new age artist YANNI , man makes some unique modern orchestra type music & held numerous well attended concerts over d past few decades , he released over a dozen albums too .... he never makes it even remotely near billboard top 100 but i bet his bank acct is doing nicely & his fans just love his stuff , i am a fan of him too

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”