Forums

The *Official* [IDIOT DRIVER OF THE DAY] Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: The *Official* [IDIOT DRIVER OF THE DAY] Thread

Postby elec2020 » March 23rd, 2020, 8:54 am

men/women (a woman driving a PDP black cerato was up on my bumper this morning weaving in and out trying to pass me when i doing 90 kmph.... where u wanna go like that?) playing up... i don't usually wish misfortune on anyone... but unfortunately these people only learn the hard way

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 25th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Asking for a friend, since when bobbing and weving is something wrong?
The way cars spread out you have no choice but to Bob and weiv to get in front them.
I had an instance recently where a woman in a grey wagon refused to let me pass by hogging the right lane. She would speed up on me and went on to mouth me off in the car while doing it.
There are ways of forcing them off the road though. Just saying ....

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » March 26th, 2020, 6:52 am

Could be wrong but the motor vehicle act calls for responsible driving... if u can't see why switching lanes every 5 seconds on the highway is irresponsible driving (when you only supposed to overtake on your right)... then i can't help you

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 26th, 2020, 7:47 am

You are also supposed to keep left except when overtaking.

These days all the cars on the right lane.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 26th, 2020, 8:22 am

Bob and weaving on the highway is irresponsible driving if there is flowing traffic. Switch to a single lane, maintain the speed of the lane and wait 5 to 10 seconds. Then indicate to switch to another lane, check your mirrors and then switch. You want to do this so that other drivers can have the time to process your moves on a speeding highway. They can't predict your behaviour when you're driving like that, and may twist the steering in a jerk to the left in a sudden panic and hit another car or run off the road when they glance your zig-zag moves at high speed in the rear-view mirror. Even if the road is completely clear, you can lose control of your vehicle at any high speeds with such manoeuvres.

As for the keep left except when overtaking, yes. Yes. But you cannot control other drivers. Just you and your own car. SO if someone blocking you, overtake the safe way through the slower lanes. 30 seconds later after proper and careful switching lanes gradually, you will be back speeding to your fate's glory in the right lane. Other people's behaviour on the roads is not an excuse for you to drive recklessly. And if a police stop you, you will tell him that?
Last edited by maj. tom on March 26th, 2020, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » March 26th, 2020, 8:22 am

Two wrongs don't make a right. Can't wait for the demerit system to wake people up

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 26th, 2020, 9:47 am

I have no problem waiting to pass but what gets me is when everyone driving same speed and you try to pass, they speed up or act like they not doing anything wrong.
At that point is there a difference between switching lanes and bobbing and weiving?
I too can wait for the demerit system and hope the law is enforced for people who hog the right lane

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » March 26th, 2020, 10:03 am

I can understand the weaving, the bobbing I'm trying to grasp. Are you ducking whilst driving or are your struts faulty?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » March 26th, 2020, 10:16 am

While the speed limit is 100 the average right thinking individual will go between 80 to 90 as speed guns are known to have a margin of error... are u in such a hurry that u have to border on or exceed the speed limit to pass someone? My car has cruise control so i know i am at 90 and men continue to ride my bumper or zig zag between traffic to get around me... as someone said when u drive that erratically u risk throwing off other drivers who may unconciously jerk to the left/right to avoid u which may cause an accident... if someone is way below the speed limit i can understand going around them when u can... when someone is 10 to 15 kph below the speed limit rushing to get ahead of them can be reckless

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 26th, 2020, 10:21 am

I would really love to see you on the highway, counting those seconds after every Lane change. You have to be fluid in your approach to driving and adapt to the situation.

People who constantly switch Lanes don't really upset me but if you drive with the intention to keep the left half of your vehicle in one lane and the right half in another... Then we have a problem.

Other than that it helps if you can properly read the road ahead. Don't just overtake for overtaking sake; unless the driver directly in front of you is doing stupidness.

You can control some drivers in front of you(or more precisely: you can get a reaction out of them), but they have to be paying attention and the movements to do it are subtle.

My suggestion is adapt to the situation. If it calls for weaving, speeding (which you do from the time you go 1kph over the speed limit; lidar gun accuracy is +/-2 kph), etc.

Edit: torsion beam front suspension bobs.

maj. tom wrote:Bob and weaving on the highway is irresponsible driving if there is flowing traffic. Switch to a single lane, maintain the speed of the lane and wait 5 to 10 seconds. Then indicate to switch to another lane, check your mirrors and then switch. You want to do this so that other drivers can have the time to process your moves on a speeding highway. They can't predict your behaviour when you're driving like that, and may twist the steering in a jerk to the left in a sudden panic and hit another car or run off the road when they glance your zig-zag moves at high speed in the rear-view mirror. Even if the road is completely clear, you can lose control of your vehicle at any high speeds with such manoeuvres.

As for the keep left except when overtaking, yes. Yes. But you cannot control other drivers. Just you and your own car. SO if someone blocking you, overtake the safe way through the slower lanes. 30 seconds later after proper and careful switching lanes gradually, you will be back speeding to your fate's glory in the right lane. Other people's behaviour on the roads is not an excuse for you to drive recklessly. And if a police stop you, you will tell him that?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 26th, 2020, 11:43 am

I just using the bob word. Meem know.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 26th, 2020, 11:46 am

X2 on fluid movements.
Usually there is way ahead. Build momentum and keep moving.
This mash and brake, mash and brake consumes fuel and makes you look like an ass doing it.
If you passing, pass.
Also, pay attention to what's behind you. I keep seeing people pulling in front of loaded trucks. It amazes me on the small amount of accident and deaths we have from trucks. Some people should be dead

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 26th, 2020, 4:53 pm

elec2020 wrote:men/women (a woman driving a PDP black cerato was up on my bumper this morning weaving in and out trying to pass me when i doing 90 kmph.... where u wanna go like that?) playing up... i don't usually wish misfortune on anyone... but unfortunately these people only learn the hard way

Were you in the left lane or the right lane?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 26th, 2020, 11:33 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
elec2020 wrote:men/women (a woman driving a PDP black cerato was up on my bumper this morning weaving in and out trying to pass me when i doing 90 kmph.... where u wanna go like that?) playing up... i don't usually wish misfortune on anyone... but unfortunately these people only learn the hard way

if you hadda ask. :lol: :lol:

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » March 27th, 2020, 4:41 am

Middle lane actually but there was not enough space to proceed on the left nor right lane at the time... when she got the chance she took the left and went around me... i have a rear and front dashcam next time i will put up videos of the nonsense i see... sure i will get one or two today

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » March 27th, 2020, 8:20 am

wagonrunner wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

if you hadda ask. :lol: :lol:

:lol: I knew s/he could have never been in the appropriate lane, but I believe in innocent until proven guilty...and it looks like...
elec2020 wrote:Middle lane actually but there was not enough space to proceed on the left nor right lane at the time... when she got the chance she took the left and went around me... i have a rear and front dashcam next time i will put up videos of the nonsense i see... sure i will get one or two today

Guilty!! Now it's one thing if coincidentally, you switched to the middle to overtake and then the aggressive driver ran up behind you right after (which I doubt), but we'll give you a bligh. Anything outside of that, the law says 'KEEP LEFT EXCEPT WHEN OVERTAKING'.

I'm often confused by the 'vigilante justice' doled out by those who attempt to force people to obey the speed limit through speed-matching the car next to them (which is obviously at speeds much lower than 100km/h) and refusing to move when asked via flashing lights, effectively blocking the right lane ..when the reality is, you're breaking the law yourself!! :lol: Irony, eh.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » March 27th, 2020, 10:42 am

Sorry joshie i didnt realize u were behind me and saw everything

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 11:14 am

Keep 3 to 4 seconds behind cars and you will be good to have enough stopping distance. If someone riding your bumper and you're in the correct left lane, release the accelerator to reduce speed slowly and increase the distance in front even more to so there will be no sudden braking on your part. This is defensive driving. I would rather arrive home alive and in one piece rather than right but dead.

You cannot control what other drivers do on the roads. You cannot control other people's minds and actions.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 27th, 2020, 11:25 am

maj. tom wrote:
You cannot control what other drivers do on the roads. You cannot control other people's minds and actions.

I beg to differ.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 11:27 am

right.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 27th, 2020, 1:05 pm

maj. tom wrote:Keep 3 to 4 seconds behind cars and you will be good to have enough stopping distance. If someone riding your bumper and you're in the correct left lane, release the accelerator to reduce speed slowly and increase the distance in front even more to so there will be no sudden braking on your part. This is defensive driving. I would rather arrive home alive and in one piece rather than right but dead.

most trinis simply cannot process what you just stated there...
Slow down????? Ohhgaard dan ah go NEVER reach wey ah goin?
Leave ah GYAP????? nah dan, ten cars go fill up da gyap now fuh now
:|

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 1:11 pm

From some of the replies in this thread it seems you're quite right.

I am realizing that a lot of drivers don't know the basic regulations, did not learn how to drive with proper instruction and lessons from a professional driving instructor/school, never attempted to further their driving education at a defensive driving course, and they feel dem is Ken Block or Sebastien Loeb on our roads. Had a man arguing with me a time on how he go know if the tire treads bald when driving. Like the thought of running through a simple checklist before operating a vehicle is an obscene idea.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » March 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm

maj. tom wrote:I am realizing that a lot of drivers don't know the basic regulations, did not learn how to drive with proper instruction and lessons from a professional driving instructor/school

Little things like parking close to a corner makes me wonder about these drivers.

A few days ago a van swung into a no entry street and there was a few cars parked up on the road so I just swing and block him. We parked there for a good 2 mins. He was blowing up horn and getting on in his van then some cars came behind me and he was forced to reverse. After when i passed side by side he rolled down his glass and telling me "yuh fking mc jack@ss, fking learn to drive nah yuh mc jack@ass, is people like you does dead on d fking road fking arsehole" I calmly replied "this street is one way Prakash, how much you pay for your license?" He got more furious and opened his door, that's when I drove off.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 27th, 2020, 2:26 pm

ppl driving like real aholes today
worser than the carnival fresh waters

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm

maj. tom wrote:From some of the replies in this thread it seems you're quite right.

I am realizing that a lot of drivers don't know the basic regulations, did not learn how to drive with proper instruction and lessons from a professional driving instructor/school, never attempted to further their driving education at a defensive driving course, and they feel dem is Ken Block or Sebastien Loeb on our roads. Had a man arguing with me a time on how he go know if the tire treads bald when driving. Like the thought of running through a simple checklist before operating a vehicle is an obscene idea.

sadly there are a few fundamental flaws in our system:
We buy a license and then learn to drive
The vendors selling drivers licenses don;t even understand the fundamentals
Our driving exam and test are jokey and disgracefully outdated

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 27th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Yesterday on the CRH, police in the middle lane sirens blaring responding to a report of men in tiida armed with firearms who just committed a robbery. Jackarse drivers unable to pull to the side because almost everyone is up in the driver in front craws

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 27th, 2020, 8:21 pm

kamakazi wrote:
maj. tom wrote:

I beg to differ.
X2

When they realise a loaded vehicle wants to pass they know to move because if at 100km/h they brake stupid they getting cleared away.

Move or get driven over.

With low condenser pressures and IAT cabin cold and acceleration nice.

3raser
Ricer

Postby 3raser » May 9th, 2020, 8:52 am

This driver almost hit my car and ran me onto the shoulder and did the same to another vehicle. Let her be known
20200509_083342.jpeg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 9th, 2020, 8:58 am

The front left of that car has evidence of the driving habits. 90% of the time it's these drivers too busy on Whatsapp while driving. It never had a single day you on the road and didn't see drivers texting while driving.

Glad you safe.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 9th, 2020, 9:43 am

PDY and it already carrying damage... lawd

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”