Forums

What brand of dog food do u use?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kai khan
Riding on 13's

Re: What brand of dog food do u use?

Postby kai khan » September 2nd, 2013, 1:45 pm

I know this too. I gradually get her to eat the food by mixing it in little by little. But she doesn't seem to like anything else but the pro plan.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » September 2nd, 2013, 1:51 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:My rott does not be too enthusiastic to eat the Purina either, but when he get hungry, he does eat it. So i goes mix it up with food, rice and chicken parts.

Same thing happened to me. I started mixing it with rice and meat from what I cook but then they start to eat around it. :(

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » September 4th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Does anyone use Nutri Source or Science Diet?

Sheriff
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sheriff » September 5th, 2013, 10:20 am

Used Nutri Source before and pups/dogs loved it.

heavy rollers
Street 2NR

Postby heavy rollers » September 5th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Using Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit Meal and my 5 mth old rottie loves it. Had him on Nutri Source large breed puppy chicken and rice before and i think he used to eat just so meh pothound wouldn't eat he food but eventually he stopped eating it. Since i switch him to NV he does be over excited when is food time. His coat improved, he much more active AND less poop in d yard. I does mix in a little NV with meh pothound Purina. LOL. It damn expensive!!

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » September 6th, 2013, 12:20 am

^^^Is it a completely balanced meal? Dry or gravy, and where is it available?

Rock Thor
Street 2NR

Postby Rock Thor » September 6th, 2013, 1:02 am

Corollaman wrote:Royal Canin - German shepherd puppy chow.

Started with Purina Pro Plan but they hated it.

Where do you get this dog chow ? Price ?

kai khan
Riding on 13's

Postby kai khan » September 6th, 2013, 1:05 am

I tried natures variety with my bully pup but she didnt like it at all. I've heard about science diet but haven't tied it yet. Anyone knows where I can get it?

gunsmoke
Street 2NR

Postby gunsmoke » September 6th, 2013, 1:25 am

Old bones etc left over

heavy rollers
Street 2NR

Postby heavy rollers » September 6th, 2013, 3:09 pm

gt4tified wrote:^^^Is it a completely balanced meal? Dry or gravy, and where is it available?

So it claims on the packaging and on their website.It is dry. I get it at Royal Pets in Gopaul Lands compound in Marabella. They also have Salmon meal, Chicken meal and limited ingredient lamb and another one i can't remember. They say they also getting the Merrick brand in the near future.

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » September 6th, 2013, 6:28 pm

heavy rollers wrote:Using Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit Meal and my 5 mth old rottie loves it. Had him on Nutri Source large breed puppy chicken and rice before and i think he used to eat just so meh pothound wouldn't eat he food but eventually he stopped eating it. Since i switch him to NV he does be over excited when is food time. His coat improved, he much more active AND less poop in d yard. I does mix in a little NV with meh pothound Purina. LOL. It damn expensive!!

why would you feed one of your dogs a less healthy food than the other? does it matter that its a mongrel, shouldn't you not love and treat both your animals equally? stupess

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by TriniVdub on September 6th, 2013, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » September 6th, 2013, 8:27 pm

kai khan wrote:I tried natures variety with my bully pup but she didnt like it at all. I've heard about science diet but haven't tied it yet. Anyone knows where I can get it?

Barkin' Dogs is the distributor for science diet.

heavy rollers
Street 2NR

Postby heavy rollers » September 7th, 2013, 9:05 am

TriniVdub wrote:
heavy rollers wrote:Using Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit Meal and my 5 mth old rottie loves it. Had him on Nutri Source large breed puppy chicken and rice before and i think he used to eat just so meh pothound wouldn't eat he food but eventually he stopped eating it. Since i switch him to NV he does be over excited when is food time. His coat improved, he much more active AND less poop in d yard. I does mix in a little NV with meh pothound Purina. LOL. It damn expensive!!

why would you feed one of your dogs a less healthy food than the other? does it matter that its a mongrel, shouldn't you not love and treat both your animals equally? stupess

:roll: :roll: :roll:

He Purina ent finish yet.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 2nd, 2013, 12:29 am

Think I going to switch to either NutriSource or Blue Buffalo.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » October 2nd, 2013, 1:13 am

Got a lil mix mastiff and read a little about types of dog food to get. Recommended to start of with adult food rather than puppy chow since its a large breed fast growin dog. Bought a little sample package of sum spanish name dog food and pro plan savor with both having chicken or chicken meal as the 1st ingedient as i didnt know what to get having gotten the dog the same day and b4 i did further research. Went to royal pets in gopaul lands and bought a sample of the blue buffalo duck wilderness as its a top notch line. The salmon is available in large bags @ 5xx

Has anyone tried the kirkland chicken from pricesmart? Ingredients looks goodish. Better than those off the shelf crap.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » October 2nd, 2013, 5:34 am

dman wrote:What brand of dog food do u use? if not what is your home remedy?

these days...any brand once it shows 10% & more fat content. Of course...all 'house food' also goes into the mix........
rgds

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » October 2nd, 2013, 11:23 am

1 rott and 1 pit and they both eat Blue Wilderness Weight Chicken.

adhnarth
Riding on 13's

Postby adhnarth » December 3rd, 2013, 12:38 pm

Can you guys share the contacts of the various distributors (importers) of these different dog food brands?

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » December 4th, 2013, 11:29 am

i'm having real good results with that, no grain, no poultry, everybody licking they bowl, stool is a lil large but that's ok, three dogs one chow.
1 rednose, 1 bully, 1 cane corso.

DrunkenMaster16
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » December 4th, 2013, 11:42 am

EXODUS wrote:Got a lil mix mastiff and read a little about types of dog food to get. Recommended to start of with adult food rather than puppy chow since its a large breed fast growin dog. Bought a little sample package of sum spanish name dog food and pro plan savor with both having chicken or chicken meal as the 1st ingedient as i didnt know what to get having gotten the dog the same day and b4 i did further research. Went to royal pets in gopaul lands and bought a sample of the blue buffalo duck wilderness as its a top notch line. The salmon is available in large bags @ 5xx

Has anyone tried the kirkland chicken from pricesmart? Ingredients looks goodish. Better than those off the shelf crap.

Using the kirkland chicken adult over a year now, good results, healthy coat. As long as your dog is not alergic to chicken then it'll be fine. My dog gets bad bumps from Lamb! tried all the lamb mixes same issue. bumps and sores. Since then i've stuck to kirkland from pmart.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » December 4th, 2013, 11:47 am

just my opinion but i would stay away from those budget chows, always chk the first 5 ingredients for corn, soy, wheat or some other cheap grain, if it does i wont buy that.
dogs should eat meat, full stop

DrunkenMaster16
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » December 4th, 2013, 12:32 pm

as I said i've tried different brands and this one seems to work the best overall. 1 1/2 yrs, 85 lbs hybrid pothound.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » December 4th, 2013, 1:06 pm

ray786 wrote:1 rott and 1 pit and they both eat Blue Wilderness Weight Chicken.

[img]

I afraid of giving my German Shepard mix pot hound this. He does done be hyper and wild with regular Blue Buffalo.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » December 4th, 2013, 1:08 pm

play with the dog or carry him on walks nuh big man

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » December 5th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Halfbreed07 wrote:just my opinion but i would stay away from those budget chows, always chk the first 5 ingredients for corn, soy, wheat or some other cheap grain, if it does i wont buy that.
dogs should eat meat, full stop

You're either overstating a point or ignorant of the fact that a well-balanced diet is most important....and I'd like to think its the former. Do you know that studies have proven that too much protein in the younger stages can lead to liver problems later on in dogs?

I agree with you re: the 5 ingredient thing though.

I currently use ProPlan large breed pup formula for my 6mth RR and NutriSource Lamb&Rice formula for my 7yr old GSD/RR cross. Really good results.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » December 5th, 2013, 7:17 pm

My research has lead me to understand that a dog and a wolf share a similar digestive system, and in the wild a wolf eats meat.
I have experimented feeding my dogs the raw diet consisting of lean meat, fat and bones. My dogs did very well, I only stopped because the clean up was a task.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 7th, 2013, 6:36 am

A lot of the time ppl forget to add organs when feeding the raw diet. If clean up was a task, then either your dog had a food allergy or something else was wrong. Raw fed dogs tend to excrete a lot less than they put in.
But in truth, a raw diet of meat bones fat & organs is always going to be better for dogs, providing there are no underlying health issues.

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » December 7th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Have my Mastiff on Vets Choice Health Extensions Lamb and Rice, she loves it and has no allergic reactions.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » December 7th, 2013, 6:29 pm

88sins wrote:A lot of the time ppl forget to add organs when feeding the raw diet. If clean up was a task, then either your dog had a food allergy or something else was wrong. Raw fed dogs tend to excrete a lot less than they put in.
But in truth, a raw diet of meat bones fat & organs is always going to be better for dogs, providing there are no underlying health issues.

Jeez, I meant clean up after feeding, and yes, they got liver and gizzars also.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » December 10th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Took my GSD/RR cross off the Alpo and onto the NutriSource Lamb meal...she loves it! Seeing good results in her coat and weight too! I will continue feeding the RR pup the ProPlan large breed puppy food until he gets to abt 1 yr old and then NutriSource for him too!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”