Forums

Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby Dave » April 17th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Crikey! Just maybe but I will always maintain when I do get what I pay for it is sufficient for my household needs. I will always be in battle with flow as they say upgrade but I tell them I don't get the speed I pay for, they will railroad you into upgrading, frustrate the hell out of u with slower than regular speeds but I won't be suaded. I will cut before I up package.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 17th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Yeah they could have waited till this global crisis is over to implement to existing customers. But paradoxically it probably was the decisive factor to roll it out now, when the demand for bandwidth is crazy high worldwide since everyone is at home. Hence the $25 discount to maybe ease people up. Short term it's bad, long term it's good.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 18th, 2020, 3:30 am

So they could argue with you on a technicality; usually the wording says speeds up to ###mbps.

Has anyone been able to achieve more than 75% of there "package" bandwidth for sustained periods when needed?
Dave wrote:Crikey! Just maybe but I will always maintain when I do get what I pay for it is sufficient for my household needs. I will always be in battle with flow as they say upgrade but I tell them I don't get the speed I pay for, they will railroad you into upgrading, frustrate the hell out of u with slower than regular speeds but I won't be suaded. I will cut before I up package.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 18th, 2020, 6:27 am

they need a package between the 75 mb and 250 mb thats a strong jump in price

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 18th, 2020, 12:51 pm

They probably realise that people will switch to the cheaper package so they just axe it.

In the end business is business yes, they have to do what is right for them....and so should their (ex-)customers...:|

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 3rd, 2020, 5:35 pm

Just got my flow bill for May... i move from 234 to 280... those fawkers tell me the basic 75 MBPs package is 250 for the first 3 months or sum bullshiz so... i didnt know that that was 250 before VAT... jesus wept... these people have no heart... so the new package is 275 before VAT... after VAT is 310... my bill went up by almost 100 dollars... overnight... wow... flow take win... the heartlessness is ridiculous

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » May 3rd, 2020, 5:43 pm

elec2020 wrote:Just got my flow bill for May... i move from 234 to 280... those fawkers tell me the basic 75 MBPs package is 250 for the first 3 months or sum bullshiz so... i didnt know that that was 250 before VAT... jesus wept... these people have no heart... so the new package is 275 before VAT... after VAT is 310... my bill went up by almost 100 dollars... overnight... wow... flow take win... the heartlessness is ridiculous

Apparently they just upgraded their billing website and all , I am even trying to figure out this hboGO nonesense as a combo adds nothing to my life but I’m sure if I call them it can’t be removed for a decreased bill

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 3rd, 2020, 5:47 pm

U not even getting a rep to answer u on the site... also u not even getting 75 mbps... i did two speed tests recently... 35 mbps on average... i dont understand... for 25 mbps extra u charging me almost 100 dollars more?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 3rd, 2020, 6:30 pm

meanwhile Flow teefing ppl USA network cable and selling it here. 1000% profit.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » May 3rd, 2020, 7:35 pm

maj. tom wrote:meanwhile Flow teefing ppl USA network cable and selling it here. 1000% profit.

Lol yes telecommunications authority told all our local providers they getting a Bligh because of corona so that we could remain informed

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 3rd, 2020, 8:41 pm

Kenjo wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Just got my flow bill for May... i move from 234 to 280... those fawkers tell me the basic 75 MBPs package is 250 for the first 3 months or sum bullshiz so... i didnt know that that was 250 before VAT... jesus wept... these people have no heart... so the new package is 275 before VAT... after VAT is 310... my bill went up by almost 100 dollars... overnight... wow... flow take win... the heartlessness is ridiculous

Apparently they just upgraded their billing website and all , I am even trying to figure out this hboGO nonesense as a combo adds nothing to my life but I’m sure if I call them it can’t be removed for a decreased bill

i think i supposed to have hbo go with the ultra package. how do i access it?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 4th, 2020, 10:40 am

Runs to check online bill.
Yip still Flow Basix Broadband at $142/month

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 4th, 2020, 11:27 am

Guess they havent reached your suide of trinidad yet

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 4th, 2020, 11:38 am

elec2020 wrote:Guess they havent reached your suide of trinidad yet

Or probably cuz of the legacy services I have. I also still have Flow Basix cable which is not a TV package one can get now. A box wasn't working the other day and they replaced it with a used one as they say they do not stock those old boxes again. They say at some point I will have to take the new package but tbh they been saying that 3 years now.

I don't watch much TV so don't really care at this point.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » May 4th, 2020, 11:49 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Or probably cuz of the legacy services I have. I also still have Flow Basix cable which is not a TV package one can get now. A box wasn't working the other day and they replaced it with a used one as they say they do not stock those old boxes again. They say at some point I will have to take the new package but tbh they been saying that 3 years now.

Hi, so which modem you have now. I'm on AVS 2 years now and it been fine i get 110Mb on a 100Mb plan... Flame Bundle which ends in Nov. AVS has no late fee's

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 4th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Oh ok... given the circumstances we in... last thing i want to lose is my internet... so when they spoke to me... while i was not pleased about the switch... i just accepted it... cause end of the day... we have no real customer affairs body (with teeth) to lodge predatory pricing complaints with or to protect us against companies reactions (disonnecting internet because accorsing to them u violated something in their terms and conditions)

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 4th, 2020, 12:34 pm

elec2020 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Oh ok... given the circumstances we in... last thing i want to lose is my internet... so when they spoke to me... while i was not pleased about the switch... i just accepted it... cause end of the day... we have no real customer affairs body (with teeth) to lodge predatory pricing complaints with or to protect us against companies reactions (disonnecting internet because accorsing to them u violated something in their terms and conditions)

If Flow tries to force me to take any package for $300 I would just switch to TSTT. We have a TSTT landline (archaic I know but when You have old people in the house you keep things just for them) and just before Carnival TSTT came and put the 4G LTE Antennae and Huawei modem and wifi device to replace the copper lines for the phone service. There are two broadband packages using this device - 6mbps and 10mps at $149 and $179 Vat ex. Since I already have the hardware switching would be easy. [Speed is not a concern for me as my household is a moderate user of internet - Netflix is the highest use application]

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 4th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Lol ditto too.

However tstt called and gave me two mths free internet to try using that wireless land line business. It is so slow! It isn't encouraging if at the end of it you want ppl to switch over to you.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 4th, 2020, 1:00 pm

Dave wrote:Lol ditto too.

However tstt called and gave me two mths free internet to try using that wireless land line business. It is so slow! It isn't encouraging if at the end of it you want ppl to switch over to you.

Shucks.............you happen to have a sample of speed tests for the TSTT package?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 4th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Just did!
It's slow lol. Works but painfully slow. This was a wireless test with only my phone hooked up.
Knock wood the flow has been working pretty good before the announced upgrade.

Screenshot_20200504-130456.jpeg

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 4th, 2020, 1:22 pm

I do alot of online gaming... thats my outlet for stress... online gaming with a s8 connection is the absolute worst... I had TSTT, Digicell and Flow... at different points of my life... and TSTT had the worst connection speeds and consistency... i would have gone to digicell... but i had a terrible experience at their head office um around qps... i wrote them off since then... so yh Flow till better comes along... sigh

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 4th, 2020, 1:26 pm

I have heard the same so very hesitant to switch but if price point happens I won't be left with much choice as that's my only wired connection available.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 4th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Digicell product is quite good... the after sales service is the worst... i was interested in Ampalia... but that zee-tv leak had me worried... in terms of staff showed they willing to leak classified info for social media clicks... the fool... while the woman was wrong and outta timing... there are ways to pull her up... breaking confidentiality is not one of those ways... so yh i dont feel safe with Amaplia

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » May 4th, 2020, 4:43 pm

NR8 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

i think i supposed to have hbo go with the ultra package. how do i access it?

first time i hearing hbo go with ultra is this true?

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » May 4th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Dave wrote:Just did!
It's slow lol. Works but painfully slow. This was a wireless test with only my phone hooked up.

Is that supposed to be the 6Mbps or the 10 Mbps service?
Aside from internet, how has the regular voice "line" been performing on that wireless service?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 4th, 2020, 5:16 pm

No idea what speed it supposed to be. They just called and said they are giving it free for two months and how to hook up to it.
The landline service has no issues.
Just that I fished a new line two years ago as the old was toast. Literally brand new line sitting doing nothing again.
2ndchance wrote:

Aside from internet, how has the regular voice "line" been performing on that wireless service?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 4th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Ours gives a lot of trouble. The box constantly needs refreshing and the call quality is like Viber from 2011.
2ndchance wrote:

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 4th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Our unit is the totally in house contained unit, believe it is a Huawei unit with a Sim card inside. In laws and parents have the big unit on the outside.
I can't say I remember what type of unit I now have and if they had any issues I would have heard about them.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 4th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Ours is the external unit, a grey box. From that coaxial cable to the white Huawei modem. Will take a pic in daylight tommorow
Dave wrote:Our unit is the totally in house contained unit, believe it is a Huawei unit with a Sim card inside. In laws and parents have the big unit on the outside.
I can't say I remember what type of unit I now have and if they had any issues I would have heard about them.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 5th, 2020, 4:41 am

Ok same here. Mine standing white box looking modemish with two antenna sticking out on either side.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”