Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby MG Man » July 6th, 2020, 1:24 pm

nun fancy, just plenty wukk to notch the flats so they would slot together
I need to relocate the padlock tho. I didn't specify the spot. I'll probably weld some rings so I can just slide a bar along the full width of the window
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 1.05.47 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 1.05.47 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 1.05.48 PM.jpeg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 6th, 2020, 1:56 pm

those are 3/8” flat ?
once they welded good so nobody can put a crescent wrench on the flat and wring them out

padlock really looking terrible there

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 6th, 2020, 2:07 pm

pugboy wrote:those are 3/8” flat ?
once they welded good so nobody can put a crescent wrench on the flat and wring them out

padlock really looking terrible there

yeah 3/8
Those things ain't moving for shyt, not even if you try a car jack
Welds have good penetration, and they interlocked, so I can't see anyone wringing those out
But no matter what you have, they will find a way. The idea really is a deterrent / something to slow them down

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 6th, 2020, 2:12 pm

the common windows made with flat bars are the easiest to break with a wrench
a padna got broken into so

i ended up adding round bars to my windows to reduce chance of using a wrench.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 6th, 2020, 2:31 pm

pugboy wrote:the common windows made with flat bars are the easiest to break with a wrench
a padna got broken into so

i ended up adding round bars to my windows to reduce chance of using a wrench.

that's why I went with the 3/8 x 1 1/2 flats. THose are insanely strong, especially with the spacing of the horizontals limiting leverage. Even if you pry two of them apart, you need a reaaaaaaal maga chile to squeeze thru
The verticals are spaced about 4" apart so you not even getting 2 inches belly on either side, unless you have something with enough force to break the welds
Plus the verticals are slotted into the horizontals, so they can't slide along the horizontals even if you manage to break the welds

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 6th, 2020, 2:42 pm

carluva wrote:Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea. Sometimes, the land on a cul de sac tends to be a larger lot, as it has been surveyed to be able to easily portion out the adjacent lots. The flip side is true as it can be smaller, for the same reasons.

If it's a large cul de sac, like some of those in Millennium Park in Trincity, that's nice.

If it is small like the one in Valsayn South heading down the road from Superpharm, well bleh.

I think a lot on a cul de sac is not bad if it's large enough the cul de sac itself is not too small (I.e. it's a nice wide arc). Safety wise, it's a plus as no bandit ought to head into a dead end. It's also a negative in that regard as it may be easy to get ambushed.
Joshie23 wrote:Tuners,

What are your thoughts on buying land on/in a cul de sac?

Thanks for the advice man. One of the spots I'm looking at is about 7,000 sq. ft., to offer some clarity. Any other advice, tuners?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 6th, 2020, 2:46 pm

parking in front your gate, and parking for guests side the road is a btch in a cul-de-sac....similarly when your neighbours have a lime, it can get sticky

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 8th, 2020, 3:44 am

where can i get a complete steel for ground beam already tied up an just to drop in trench ? remember seeing it in d hardware years ago but now i just seeing the stirups to tie an not the complete tie up pieces.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 8th, 2020, 6:24 am

screwbash wrote:where can i get a complete steel for ground beam already tied up an just to drop in trench ? remember seeing it in d hardware years ago but now i just seeing the stirups to tie an not the complete tie up pieces.

I never saw a whole beam selling , but Reesal Hardware has stirrups and also make to order any size you want .

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 8th, 2020, 7:02 am

screwbash wrote:where can i get a complete steel for ground beam already tied up an just to drop in trench ? remember seeing it in d hardware years ago but now i just seeing the stirups to tie an not the complete tie up pieces.
https://www.facebook.com/103435994415209/posts/259500008808806/

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 8th, 2020, 7:14 am

not to mention if any of them is mechanic shop

MG Man wrote:parking in front your gate, and parking for guests side the road is a btch in a cul-de-sac....similarly when your neighbours have a lime, it can get sticky

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 8th, 2020, 9:16 am

i watching pics on the trinidad auger piler limited an i could tie that myself just need to buy the stirups. how far apart do i need to tie it for a flat house foundation?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » July 8th, 2020, 2:20 pm

rspann wrote:

I never saw a whole beam selling , but Reesal Hardware has stirrups and also make to order any size you want .

Trinrico Steel and Wire Products.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 8th, 2020, 9:37 pm

pugboy wrote:not to mention if any of them is mechanic shop

MG Man wrote:parking in front your gate, and parking for guests side the road is a btch in a cul-de-sac....similarly when your neighbours have a lime, it can get sticky

Good points as well. Noted.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 12th, 2020, 11:44 pm

What might be a labour cost to do a 200 foot long chain link fence. 2 inch galvanize posts in ground. 1.5 inch galvanize posts across at top and middle. Concrete underneath

And secondly a labour cost to put razor wire along the whole thing

Mr Jay
Riding on 13's

Postby Mr Jay » July 13th, 2020, 1:47 am

What length of 3/8" steel do you need to make a 8x8 stirrup?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 13th, 2020, 5:56 am

Need to do something similar soon too.
But i think i wont put any horizontal pipe.
Phone Surgeon wrote:What might be a labour cost to do a 200 foot long chain link fence. 2 inch galvanize posts in ground. 1.5 inch galvanize posts across at top and middle. Concrete underneath

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 13th, 2020, 6:21 am

Where is con man Rahtid?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 13th, 2020, 6:58 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Need to do something similar soon too.
Phone Surgeon wrote:What might be a labour cost to do a 200 foot long chain link fence. 2 inch galvanize posts in ground. 1.5 inch galvanize posts across at top and middle. Concrete underneath

Why not? Aesthetics?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 13th, 2020, 7:52 am

Its just to keep intruders out.
Will like to build a wall there eventually.
So i can reuse the chainlink elsewhere afterwards
De Dragon wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Need to do something similar soon too.

Why not? Aesthetics?

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » July 13th, 2020, 10:51 am

Anyone knows if I can get patterned concrete stamps locally?
Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Southwest-Single ... B079SHX7BN

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 15th, 2020, 6:05 pm

demented wrote:Anyone knows if I can get patterned concrete stamps locally?

what about stucco ? is that the same a plastering a block wall or is it a finish product that can be just a tile ? i looking at some youtube videos but it looking like plastering to me.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 15th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Stucco is like a high density styrofoam they use to make the patterns and then they use a premade compound from a bucket to plaster over the styrofoam to make the nice shiny top layer you see

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 15th, 2020, 9:25 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Stucco is like a high density styrofoam they use to make the patterns and then they use a premade compound from a bucket to plaster over the styrofoam to make the nice shiny top layer you see
screwbash wrote:

what about stucco ? is that the same a plastering a block wall or is it a finish product that can be just a tile ? i looking at some youtube videos but it looking like plastering to me.
Now for the technical:

Stucco is an Italian word that refers to decorative plaster. Ornate medallions and reliefs are also referred to as stucco.

Plaster is a wall coating used inside of a structure.
Render is a wall coating used outside of a structure.

You can stucco in gypsum plaster (inside) or Portland cement render (outside). Gypsum is sometimes also referred to as cement. Portland cement plaster (inside) is often used in the tropics.

Gypsum plastering or wet plastering is a skill unto itself. Plasterers usually make a mix that has the drying and finish characteristics that they want for that particular job. I worked with a master plaster restorer one summer and he would float an entire wall in less than a hour that required little, if any, finish sanding.

Edit: these are all examples of stucco:

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » July 16th, 2020, 9:25 am

screwbash wrote:

looking to use this on flooring not walls.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 16th, 2020, 10:25 am

The was / is a place in Rambhaju St. Aranguez that does decorative concrete like that.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 16th, 2020, 2:55 pm

demented, that picture is decorative concrete, To get that effect, there is more than simply a concrete stamp. In some cases, a specific type of decorative concrete mix is required. However, you may be able to use a concrete stamp on regular concrete, but...

... in all cases, to get that or a similar effect, you will need release agents, colours and sealers. Without the release agent, your stamp will likely remove some of the fresh concrete and you will not get the desired effect. It is not as simple as pouring a slab and then stamping as there is more in that process. Then there is the concrete finishing that's required even before stamping (i.e. troweling and/or fresno, control cracks, edges etc.).

Anyhow, what you are asking for is in the decorative concrete alley. There's Creteart who do decorative concrete services and sells the products. And there's Specialty Chemicals Ltd. (SCL) who has a decorative concrete "division" and who sells all the related products.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 16th, 2020, 2:57 pm

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » July 16th, 2020, 3:16 pm

demented wrote:
screwbash wrote:
Like this: <a class="vglnk" href="https://www.amazon.com/Southwest-Single-Concrete-Seamless-Texture/dp/B079SHX7BN[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>amazon</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>Southwest</span><span>-</span><span>Single</span><span>-</span><span>Concrete</span><span>-</span><span>Seamless</span><span>-</span><span>Texture</span><span>/</span><span>dp</span><span>/</span><span>B079SHX7BN</span><span>[/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

looking to use this on flooring not walls.
[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://forums.trinituner.com/upload/data/87/d7a04cd7d71cee20f474ff8ec2c61c2e.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>forums</span><span>.</span><span>trinituner</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>upload</span><span>/</span><span>data</span><span>/</span><span>87</span><span>/</span><span>d7a04cd7d71cee20f474ff8ec2c61c2e</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Crete Art does some really good work like this. They specialize in concrete applications.

https://www.facebook.com/cretesprayart/

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » July 16th, 2020, 5:26 pm

Building a perimeter wall with some rhs running between sections. Anything I need to note in order to get most longevity. My father in law telling me don't do the rhs design because hollow section degrades quickly

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”