Forums

Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby stev » November 22nd, 2020, 12:09 am

also a very simple...especially the dowel to cover the hole.

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » November 23rd, 2020, 12:27 am

Got it sold already but thanks for the info.
Last edited by Tortilla_Man on December 16th, 2020, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 23rd, 2020, 10:00 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
pugboy wrote:looking for a supplier/installer of tempered glass shower enclosure

You checked Delta Glass?
I installed a tub shower and got a pane of glass from them at a fairly good price

someone was telling me to check Delta as well but to install the normal glass instead of tempered...

has anyone used normal glass in their showers?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am

Tortilla_Man wrote:Anyone interested in buying a lot of land in Freeport? Was gonna build on it but i decided to sell it instead and build a house closer to my few remaining relatives up on the north side. I'm selling it for $250, 000. (negotiable) but if anyone is serious about taking it before the year is over i'll give you for $225, 000.

My # is 386-5990, you can whatsapp me or call if you interested.

can you provide the google map coordinates?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 23rd, 2020, 10:29 am

blaine wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:anyone got quartz countertops done in the last year or two?
whats the average price per sq ft to install?

also for spc/vinyl plank flooring, average price for installation?
Got my counters installed today actually. Cambria quartz 83 sq ft @ $433 per square ft.
20201105_192420.jpeg
20201105_141216.jpeg

Kitchen looks great!
I like shaker style cabinets

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 23rd, 2020, 10:31 am

st7 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
pugboy wrote:looking for a supplier/installer of tempered glass shower enclosure

You checked Delta Glass?
I installed a tub shower and got a pane of glass from them at a fairly good price

someone was telling me to check Delta as well but to install the normal glass instead of tempered...

Not a good idea.

“Tempered glass is about four times stronger than "ordinary," or annealed, glass. And unlike annealed glass, which can shatter into jagged shards when broken, tempered glass fractures into small, relatively harmless pieces. As a result, tempered glass is used in those environments where human safety is an issue.”

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 23rd, 2020, 8:56 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
st7 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

You checked Delta Glass?

Not a good idea.

“Tempered glass is about four times stronger than "ordinary," or annealed, glass. And unlike annealed glass, which can shatter into jagged shards when broken, tempered glass fractures into small, relatively harmless pieces. As a result, tempered glass is used in those environments where human safety is an issue.”

daz what i know. sorry for the people who would listen to him yes

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 23rd, 2020, 9:07 pm

True and very important to keep in mind
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
st7 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

You checked Delta Glass?

Not a good idea.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 23rd, 2020, 10:02 pm

Laminated glass is also a very good choice for shower enclosures and not as costly as tempered. Many suppliers sell the laminated glass.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 23rd, 2020, 11:22 pm

carluva wrote:Laminated glass is also a very good choice for shower enclosures and not as costly as tempered. Many suppliers sell the laminated glass.
There is laminated annealed and laminated tempered glass. Laminated annealed glass is normally used in windows and doors but not shower doors because of safety concerns. A person can fall into laminated annealed glass and trap a limb.

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » November 24th, 2020, 2:52 am

Sold.
Last edited by Tortilla_Man on December 16th, 2020, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » November 24th, 2020, 7:31 am

Heard a radio ad recently about a business place called "Shower Glass" maunfacturacting tempered glass locally. May be worth checking out.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 24th, 2020, 8:32 am

Tortilla_Man wrote:Not really sure how to do it but i can give you directions if you want to go see it or arrange a viewing if you call. It's located in Freeport Mission Road, Calcutta #3 / Ramkalia Trace, about 10 minutes from the highway.

Open Google maps
Find the location and long-press to drop a pin
Click SHARE
Select COPY TO CLIPBOARD
Paste that link anywhere you want

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... google-map

dso
Riding on 13's

Postby dso » November 25th, 2020, 7:38 am

Good day Tuners,

I built the ground floor which is fully completed to my two story house a few years ago. And as with some previous posters, the decking has started to leak. I want to just frame the upstairs (30 x 40 feet) with blocks (windows and exterior doors as well) and do a roof doesn't have to be fully sealed yet. Want to take my time and eventually finish the interior upstairs as budget permits.

What would be an estimate for this? And what would be considered in putting a steel frame instead of blocks/ or even prefab. Thanks

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 25th, 2020, 7:58 am

take care the rebar in the upper decking dont start to rust and expand resulting in cracking of the slab

dso wrote:Good day Tuners,

I built the ground floor which is fully completed to my two story house a few years ago. And as with some previous posters, the decking has started to leak. I want to just frame the upstairs (30 x 40 feet) with blocks (windows and exterior doors as well) and do a roof doesn't have to be fully sealed yet. Want to take my time and eventually finish the interior upstairs as budget permits.

What would be an estimate for this? And what would be considered in putting a steel frame instead of blocks/ or even prefab. Thanks

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 25th, 2020, 7:59 am

If anybody looking for a kitchen faucet
I found an unused Moen single hole faucet

wanna get rid of it $300

dso
Riding on 13's

Postby dso » November 25th, 2020, 8:25 am

pugboy wrote:take care the rebar in the upper decking dont start to rust and expand resulting in cracking of the slab

Thanks, the leaks are coming from the edge of the decking where the ground floor wall meets it. Honestly, checked out the guys who do the rubber membrane/bitumen to seal right along the edges which was about 20$ sq ft. But it would have been a temporary fix, so wanted to go up with roof and blocks.

dso
Riding on 13's

Postby dso » November 25th, 2020, 8:25 am

pugboy wrote:take care the rebar in the upper decking dont start to rust and expand resulting in cracking of the slab

Thanks, the leaks are coming from the edge of the decking where the ground floor wall meets it. Honestly, checked out the guys who do the rubber membrane/bitumen to seal right along the edges which was about 20$ sq ft. But it would have been a temporary fix, so wanted to go up with roof and blocks.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 25th, 2020, 8:28 am

you can use roofing compound, just paint it on the sides
but either way concrete is somewhat porous so water will eventually penetrate the main surface

dso wrote:

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 25th, 2020, 12:30 pm

So if the decking starts to crack, is there any way to repair this? Or you'll have to do over a new decking?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 25th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Musical Doc wrote:

So if the decking starts to crack, is there any way to repair this? Or you'll have to do over a new decking?
If the crack is localized and doesn't cause structural issues, it can be chipped out and filled. To retard rust reoccurence, the rebar will require cleaning of the rust scale, treatment with phosphoric acid and painting with a high-zinc coating.

Otherwise a section is removed to expose clean rebar, the rebar is tied back with 12 inches of overlap and the the section is cast.

If the repair is through the entire slab, supports have to be used and that is always messy.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 25th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Is now a good time to build?
I know there are dips and swings in the market that is tied to the economy. There are periods over time where it is very costly to build (from both a labour and material standpoint), but also the inverse (low cost materials and labour).

What is the macro view over the next 12-24 months for a ground up build?

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » November 25th, 2020, 4:57 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Is now a good time to build?
I know there are dips and swings in the market that is tied to the economy. There are periods over time where it is very costly to build (from both a labour and material standpoint), but also the inverse (low cost materials and labour).

What is the macro view over the next 12-24 months for a ground up build?

currently undertaking this sheit show, the only problem i see in the future (and right now) is getting red blocks,rumor is the 1% gonna send their plant to guyana and we would be importing red blocks soon,which would be costly. Its already a current issue to get red blocks right now as the demand far exceeds how much they can put out, I even got a few blocks that literally C shaped,really sheit quality being put out

dso
Riding on 13's

Postby dso » November 25th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Musical Doc wrote:

:shock:

Got to get on that asap. Not see any visible cracks, but should get an expert to check it. Great advice again.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 26th, 2020, 7:52 am

Contact SCL... They have products that can be injected into the crack to seal and provide rust retardation of rebar. I am sure there are cementitious coatings that can be used to cover the decking as well.

I contacted a guy named Dominic a few months ago and he gave me excellent advice on a project I was undertaking. Although my work was not the same as yours, the advice was sound and I got the products from SCL to purchase.

PM me for his number.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 26th, 2020, 11:56 am

adnj wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:

If the crack is localized and doesn't cause structural issues, it can be chipped out and filled. To retard rust reoccurence, the rebar will require cleaning of the rust scale, treatment with phosphoric acid and painting with a high-zinc coating.

Otherwise a section is removed to expose clean rebar, the rebar is tied back with 12 inches of overlap and the the section is cast.

If the repair is through the entire slab, supports have to be used and that is always messy.

I have a decking that exposed to weather since 2014. Looking to use some kind of sealant next year on it but I was advised to plaster it first and then seal it because of roughness. Project for next year dry season.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 26th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Good day folks.

Can anyone recommend a person to replace the glass on a UPVC window? One of the window panes broke on my casement and need to get it replaced asap, hopefully this weekend.

As a side note, is this something a DIYer can do? I saw some YT videos for double glazed glass replacement and wonder if the same process will apply.

Thoughts and recommendations are welcome.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 26th, 2020, 8:06 pm

Anyone has a good 'glass man'?
Have a sheet of laminate glass to cut for some kitchen cupboard doors.
Anyone know if I can do glass alone for the doors? I have the wooden frame, but prefer the look of full glass if possible

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 26th, 2020, 8:10 pm

You trolling o wah? Lol

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 26th, 2020, 8:13 pm

You can use all glass but may be limited by size and weight of glass pane. You will need a glass hinge. You will also need a magnetic catch to keep the door closed.

Google glass door hinge...
worksux101 wrote:Anyone has a good 'glass man'?
Have a sheet of laminate glass to cut for some kitchen cupboard doors.
Anyone know if I can do glass alone for the doors? I have the wooden frame, but prefer the look of full glass if possible

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”