Forums

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby Cooper » March 30th, 2021, 9:10 am

Anyone knows if there is a local company that rents Field & Brush Mowers?

This "wet dry season" is giving me a lot of extra work on my property and I don't have a lot of time these days to do it myself. The wackerman and tractor owners in my area charging thousands to clear a few lots of land.

I figure the brush mower can do the job a lot quicker than using a wacker.

Just want to compare the costs.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 31st, 2021, 8:57 am

Bought this off Amazon via aeropost. US$300 landed
Getting 25 minutes from a full charge at full throttle. Full recharge in 50 min
Surprisingly powerful
Very light but I still adapted an old wacker shoulder strap for easier handling. I still prefer the traditional bicycle handle / throttle setup
Power string reload is an awesome feature too. Literally push the line through the head and press a button
Also folding shaft, so fits easily in a car trunk
Cons: can’t chap tall grass in one go. You need to make multiple passes and bring it down to height, or risk drag on the motor
The head has a fan that needs to be kept clear of debris so occasionally I will dismantle and inspect
Can’t spray it down after using. Wipe only
All in all, very nice for an average sized yard
Also not nearly as noisy as gasImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by MG Man on March 31st, 2021, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 31st, 2021, 8:57 am

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 1st, 2021, 6:32 am

impressive, i saw some reviews for a few, very decent for a homeowner with a small property to maintain.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 1st, 2021, 5:11 pm

MGman, how does the final landed cost of that compare to what is being sold by Hadden as they are the local agents for the same?

I mean I know it'll be cheaper as Hadden is expensive to say the least, but how much cheaper was it?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » April 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm

I saw total have a 2hp gas Wacker for sale.. around 1300$, that looking real tempting right now to replace my old Stihl 55. Anyone dip their hand in and of the power tools??

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 8th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Looking to get either a map gas or propane torch kit.Its for general use from lighting coals to brazing a line.Which would you recommend and why?

I'm leaning towards the map gas because I've read it burns hotter and I previously had a propane kit that caught a fire when trying to light it.I think the propane tank refills are like $40 while the map is around $70.Also the map has a variety of different tip configurations ranging from $200+ to $500+ whereas the propane is basically around $200 in most places for the same tip.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 8th, 2021, 8:53 pm

Bernzomatic
Bhagwansingh has from basic to expert
I had a real nice one my fatber-in-law gave me with built in igniter
One day it sprung a leak and gas start running down my hand burning....
No injuries, surprisingly

I replaces with the cheapest basic model. Works good.
supercharged turbo wrote:Looking to get either a map gas or propane torch kit.Its for general use from lighting coals to brazing a line.Which would you recommend and why?

I'm leaning towards the map gas because I've read it burns hotter and I previously had a propane kit that caught a fire when trying to light it.I think the propane tank refills are like $40 while the map is around $70.Also the map has a variety of different tip configurations ranging from $200+ to $500+ whereas the propane is basically around $200 in most places for the same tip.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 8th, 2021, 8:54 pm

New member to the family

20210406_162519.jpeg

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 8th, 2021, 8:57 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:Looking to get either a map gas or propane torch kit.Its for general use from lighting coals to brazing a line.Which would you recommend and why?

MAP for sure. Many times I wished I had gotten the MAP gas setup. Something like heating a seized bolt takes a while with propane. Better to have it and not need it and all that.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 8th, 2021, 9:41 pm

I bought MAPP/oxygen for brazing and cutting small items and propane for sweating copper pipe. I have multiples of each. All are Bernz-o-matic. None have an igniter. I prefer the old fashioned flint igniter.

MAPP and propane tanks are interchangeable. MAPP gets a little hotter than propane with air and much hotter with oxygen.

Different tips and torches will give you different flame fronts and heat ranges, too. A simple, well-made torch will probably still be around long after anyone here.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 8th, 2021, 11:30 pm

Thanks for the advice so far everyone

@Kronik...The same exact thing happened to me with the built in igniter.No injuries as well

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 8th, 2021, 11:37 pm

Nice. Locally purchased or freighted down from overseas?
*KRONIK* wrote:New member to the family

20210406_162519.jpeg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 9th, 2021, 7:10 am

BTW, MAPP is discontinued but I still have some. The replacement is MAP-Pro. It's supposed to have very similar properties though.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 9th, 2021, 9:23 am

Amazon

Lol
carluva wrote:Nice. Locally purchased or freighted down from overseas?
*KRONIK* wrote:New member to the family

20210406_162519.jpeg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 9th, 2021, 10:12 am

FWIW and for those interested, I got these two along with a reciprocating saw back in 2015. They came with the 18V NiCad batteries. Those batteries no longer good and weren't holding charge.

I found a DeWalt 18V to 20V Li battery adapter online but needed the tools asap. I ended up buying a generic 18V to 20V adapter at Protocols on the eastern main road close to Bermudez factory. I tried their 2.0Ah generic battery and bought the DeWalt 4.0Ah at Ft Farfan. Ft Farfan didn't have the adapter.

The tools themselves not much heavier than using the NiCad batteries. But the power is superb and the batteries hold charge wonderfully.

Only gripe is that the generic adapter is a bit difficult to remove when I have to plug it on the jigsaw. A flat head screwdriver is needed. Other than that, no complaints.

Definitely recommend for those with the 18V DeWalt tools.
IMG_20210409_100311475.jpeg
IMG_20210409_100309084.jpeg
IMG_20210409_100303241.jpeg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 9th, 2021, 11:37 am

i myself have 2 older maybe 8-10yrs old dewalt cordless drills in very good condition with dead batts , i need to do d same as u

i have seen tests on YT [project farm] where d original company batts still do better than d aftermarket generics ....

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 9th, 2021, 11:52 am

Don't doubt the better performance of the manufacturer's compared to generic. But the 2.0Ah was cheaper than the original and I figured I'd just give it a try. That's why I bought the 4.0Ah as original.

Try them out. I'm sorry tho but I can't remember how much I paid for the protools items.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 9th, 2021, 3:28 pm

carluva wrote:MGman, how does the final landed cost of that compare to what is being sold by Hadden as they are the local agents for the same?

I mean I know it'll be cheaper as Hadden is expensive to say the least, but how much cheaper was it?

tbh I can't remember the Hadden price when I checked in December
I was actually planning to buy it from them (Support local) and was trying to call a Saturday morning to confirm they had stock before taking the drive. Nobody was answering the phone so I said fhuck it and checked it out on amazon

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 9th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Seen. Not surprising. I found that their customer service is poor... I am still waiting on feedback from since September last year on whether they got the Ego mowers. And that is just one example.

Got a gas mower tho, so no need for the Ego anymore.

I hear you on supporting local, but with fecal customer service I just don't bother. But that's for a different thread...

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 9th, 2021, 7:37 pm

I started up with these 18v
Hammer drill and impact i bought from a tuner here.
Those tools worked really well, no issues.
At the time dewalt was transitioning into the 20vMax line.
I was able to sell the same tools to another tuner and upgraded to the 20v line

But TBH, had i known there was the 18v-20v adaptor, i would have never sold them.
That hammer drill outperforms most corded hammer drills (at the time) and never failed me once.
carluva wrote:FWIW and for those interested, I got these two along with a reciprocating saw back in 2015. They came with the 18V NiCad batteries. Those batteries no longer good and weren't holding charge.

I found a DeWalt 18V to 20V Li battery adapter online but needed the tools asap. I ended up buying a generic 18V to 20V adapter at Protocols on the eastern main road close to Bermudez factory. I tried their 2.0Ah generic battery and bought the DeWalt 4.0Ah at Ft Farfan. Ft Farfan didn't have the adapter.

The tools themselves not much heavier than using the NiCad batteries. But the power is superb and the batteries hold charge wonderfully.

Only gripe is that the generic adapter is a bit difficult to remove when I have to plug it on the jigsaw. A flat head screwdriver is needed. Other than that, no complaints.

Definitely recommend for those with the 18V DeWalt tools.
IMG_20210409_100303241.jpeg
IMG_20210409_100309084.jpeg
IMG_20210409_100311475.jpeg

bassotronics
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby bassotronics » April 10th, 2021, 11:06 am

Where can I get this post digger to buy locally??

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 12th, 2021, 9:48 pm

Hello guys. I need some advice.

I'm considering having a battery operated hedge trimmer and chain saw sent via sea freight, in a box/barrel that someone will pack for me.

I know that Li-ion and Li-Po batteries are considered Hazmat and require special documentation as a Hazmat cargo.

For those who brought in such tools recently, are there special requirements or any foreseeable issues with these tools being sent in a barrel/box via sea freight?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » April 12th, 2021, 11:42 pm

carluva wrote:Hello guys. I need some advice.

I'm considering having a battery operated hedge trimmer and chain saw sent via sea freight, in a box/barrel that someone will pack for me.

I know that Li-ion and Li-Po batteries are considered Hazmat and require special documentation as a Hazmat cargo.

For those who brought in such tools recently, are there special requirements or any foreseeable issues with these tools being sent in a barrel/box via sea freight?
I never had issues bringing down battery operated tools, I even brought just the battery alone

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » April 13th, 2021, 8:09 am

laparkan wanted me to pay an exorbitant hazmat fee for a 100usd cordless impact/drill combo....and it reached the point where i told them to ship the tool alone and send the battery to some family in the US,

if however someone is packing the barrel, and just drop in the cordless kit you should not have a problem.....once they get a package and it has the UN code for lithium, they can insist you pay hazmat.
I have sent cordless items via seabox and they didnt have any issue

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 13th, 2021, 8:17 am

I used aeropost's plug-in for amazon.....they handled everything

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » April 20th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Guys anywhere locally sells metal working tools in particular this specific type of tinsnips? 16"or more long for high leverage thanks
20210420_193206.jpeg

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 21st, 2021, 10:03 pm

nick639v2 wrote:I saw total have a 2hp gas Wacker for sale.. around 1300$, that looking real tempting right now to replace my old Stihl 55. Anyone dip their hand in and of the power tools??

bike handle or loop?

i have a bike handle fs85 and I hating that more and more everytime I use it, its so awkward to operate, I cutting 4-5" grass so its horrible.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 21st, 2021, 10:20 pm

These are somewhat outdated, modern snips have double lever action and work much better
Plus you can get snips that cut to the left or to the right.

hindian wrote:Guys anywhere locally sells metal working tools in particular this specific type of tinsnips? 16"or more long for high leverage thanks20210420_193206.jpeg

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » April 24th, 2021, 2:47 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:I saw total have a 2hp gas Wacker for sale.. around 1300$, that looking real tempting right now to replace my old Stihl 55. Anyone dip their hand in and of the power tools??

bike handle or loop?

i have a bike handle fs85 and I hating that more and more everytime I use it, its so awkward to operate, I cutting 4-5" grass so its horrible.
Bike handle as well from total. I in the same boat, the 55 catching hell just to deal with some 6" grass.. don't talk about the square type blade, woft

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”