Forums

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby Ted_v2 » October 3rd, 2020, 11:06 pm

i paid just around 3k for one of those mid torque 1/2 from SSL, a big 4.0 battery, 2.0 and a contractor bag, some good years ago. Its good, its handy but i aint using it too regular as i thought. i bought a 3/8 m12 ratchet too, its good for some applications like front covers ect, but sometimes i does like turning a ratchet because its not a million fasteners.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 4th, 2020, 3:48 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:What's the price to get those 100lb gas cylinder setups these days?

did one this year feb/march it cost $2500 including tanks and installation. the tanks located right behind the stove on the outside so it was like 2 feet ah copper and they put a valve with the normal rubber hose to the stove.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 4th, 2020, 3:50 am

using a blue and red 1500w drill a few days ago and the mc ting stick and it almost break my wrist yes as the drill spin out as the bit stick. that hole was a total failure yes.

Catastrophist
Street 2NR

Postby Catastrophist » October 5th, 2020, 11:34 am

i need to get 2000 up grit sandpaper
i have checked ali's but the most they have is 2000
anywhere else you know that sells 2000-3000 or do i have to order this online

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 5th, 2020, 11:57 am

^^^any good automotive paint shops shud easily have that ...

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » October 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Looking for one of these close quarters screw drivers, anyone knows where I can find them in south, checked the usual places, everybody looking at me like I asking for a unicorn, even showed them this same pic.
Attachments
61zybSaa5jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 5th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Catastrophist wrote:i need to get 2000 up grit sandpaper
i have checked ali's but the most they have is 2000
anywhere else you know that sells 2000-3000 or do i have to order this online

Check in an autobody shop... Tiny's and sons in Curepe most likely would have

Catastrophist
Street 2NR

Postby Catastrophist » October 5th, 2020, 8:20 pm

thanks fellas
i got through by tiny & sons
i have some scratches to remove on the acrylic door because of the cat so i want that clean finish

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 6th, 2020, 8:26 pm

Since the last time I enquired about mowers, I've done some calling around and visited a few places.

Places that have mowers available include Pricesmart (Murray and Troy bilt with Briggs and Stratton engine), Allied (Murray), Bhagwansinghs (Murray with Briggs and Stratton engine), Ft Farfan (Ariens), Ramlagan's (Ariens), Trintrac (Honda and Echo battery), Central Chemicals (Husqvarna with Honda engine), Tool house (Husqvarna, engine unknown) and finally as I've learnt, Hadden (Ego battery).

Prices range from $2300 for the Murrays up to $5000+ for the Honda. Ariens is circa $4100. Husqvarna is circa $3500.

My problem is that many people I've spoken to said that Ft Farfan sells the mowers but rarely stock parts. Plus the Ariens brand does not have a high tier engine such as B&S or Honda.

B&S, while great engines, appear to lack the local support from the dealer, Massy and same story with parts.

The Honda models are pretty decent but pricey.

Which brings me to battery... The Echo battery is circa $4200 with a 4 Ah battery. The Ego brand, which I know is big in the US, is about $4500 for a 5 Ah battery and circa $5500 for a self propelled with a 7.5 Ah battery. The Echo is the lightest of the lot at 57 lbs and has a plastic composite, not steel or aluminium deck.

Has anyone had any experience with these battery mowers and what are some views on some of these mowers I've listed? In other words, which would you say is best bang for buck for using once a week to cut approximately 4000 SF of zoysia turf on flat, not hilly, but slightly bumpy land? And from turf on land of that description, would you say I can get away with a push mower or would a self propelled be better. FWIW, the guys who do my maintenance use a real old Murray mower with a B&S engine but sometimes that mower struggles and stalls in some areas where the turf is thickest. Could be that it's a small a cc or low hp motor as well.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 6th, 2020, 8:31 pm

if you want a good piece of advice based on your research

go visit a small engine repair shop and ask them which engines are the most serviceable
nicks repair further east from central chemicals montrose can advise

the key thing is usually the type of carb they carry and availability of parts for it
some carry proprietary carbs others carry carbs which are used by many
Last edited by pugboy on October 6th, 2020, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 6th, 2020, 8:32 pm

check out this channel , they do alot of tool comparisons ....

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 6th, 2020, 9:33 pm

looking for a demolition hammer

saw total has one for $2200 or so with 1 year warranty

what you guys think?

it have the xtreme power one as well for around 2000 but no warranty

i have 4-5 things to do that require a demo hammer, and by the time i done rent that for 4-5 days (500 per day)
i might as well buy one and jam it hard for the warranty period

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 6th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Catastrophist wrote:thanks fellas
i got through by tiny & sons
i have some scratches to remove on the acrylic door because of the cat so i want that clean finish

Cool man....

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » October 6th, 2020, 10:54 pm

amd-dude wrote:Looking for one of these close quarters screw drivers, anyone knows where I can find them in south, checked the usual places, everybody looking at me like I asking for a unicorn, even showed them this same pic.

Tool house

trinivibes
Street 2NR

Postby trinivibes » October 7th, 2020, 5:11 am

SSL has
amd-dude wrote:Looking for one of these close quarters screw drivers, anyone knows where I can find them in south, checked the usual places, everybody looking at me like I asking for a unicorn, even showed them this same pic.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 7th, 2020, 11:41 am

carluva wrote:Since the last time I enquired about mowers, I've done some calling around and visited a few places.

Places that have mowers available include Pricesmart (Murray and Troy bilt with Briggs and Stratton engine), Allied (Murray), Bhagwansinghs (Murray with Briggs and Stratton engine), Ft Farfan (Ariens), Ramlagan's (Ariens), Trintrac (Honda and Echo battery), Central Chemicals (Husqvarna with Honda engine), Tool house (Husqvarna, engine unknown) and finally as I've learnt, Hadden (Ego battery).

Prices range from $2300 for the Murrays up to $5000+ for the Honda. Ariens is circa $4100. Husqvarna is circa $3500.

My problem is that many people I've spoken to said that Ft Farfan sells the mowers but rarely stock parts. Plus the Ariens brand does not have a high tier engine such as B&S or Honda.

B&S, while great engines, appear to lack the local support from the dealer, Massy and same story with parts.

The Honda models are pretty decent but pricey.

Which brings me to battery... The Echo battery is circa $4200 with a 4 Ah battery. The Ego brand, which I know is big in the US, is about $4500 for a 5 Ah battery and circa $5500 for a self propelled with a 7.5 Ah battery. The Echo is the lightest of the lot at 57 lbs and has a plastic composite, not steel or aluminium deck.

Has anyone had any experience with these battery mowers and what are some views on some of these mowers I've listed? In other words, which would you say is best bang for buck for using once a week to cut approximately 4000 SF of zoysia turf on flat, not hilly, but slightly bumpy land? And from turf on land of that description, would you say I can get away with a push mower or would a self propelled be better. FWIW, the guys who do my maintenance use a real old Murray mower with a B&S engine but sometimes that mower struggles and stalls in some areas where the turf is thickest. Could be that it's a small a cc or low hp motor as well.

Ariens is manufactured by Husqvarna these days. They were famous for ZTR mowers.
Many lawn maintenance operators don't regularly maintain their mowers.
If you sharpen the blade, clean the air filter, use clean fuel, clean the underside of the deck, regularly lube the control cables, and keep your mower garaged when not in use, you should easily get 10 years of weekend use. sometimes more.

If you have 4000 sq ft:

- you are well within limits of the residential user and just about any mower will work for your needs.
- an electric will do the job nicely and do it quietly but you will need a new battery in 10 years.
- anything that is self-propelled is a welcome bonus. RWD will always perform better than FWD except when doing a 180 deg turn.
- look up the HP ratings. 5 HP or more is what I would buy.
- B&S and Honda make different grades of engines. Both make commercial-grade engines, also.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 7th, 2020, 3:01 pm

does anyone know of any local company that can verify the calibration on a torque wrench?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 7th, 2020, 3:15 pm

The digital ones?
https://g.page/ITLtrinidad?share
the regular ones, i reckon you can do it at home with a bench vise and a known fixed mass.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 7th, 2020, 3:56 pm

trinidad label does a lot of scale work at high precision maybe they can point you

i have a digital and a clicker
been meaning to run them against each other for the longest while

MG Man wrote:does anyone know of any local company that can verify the calibration on a torque wrench?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 7th, 2020, 4:02 pm

pugboy wrote:trinidad label does a lot of scale work at high precision maybe they can point you

i have a digital and a clicker
been meaning to run them against each other for the longest while

MG Man wrote:does anyone know of any local company that can verify the calibration on a torque wrench?

bess we have a calibration lime
Mine is a click-type Snap-On that's about 30 years old
When I was younger, I didn't know you had to store it at zero, not holding tension -_-

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 7th, 2020, 6:02 pm

i believe a branch of dumore does it
"We are a San Fernando based service company specializing in providing Hydraulic Bolt Torquing, Hydraulic Bolt Tensioning, Cold Pipe Cutting, Hydrostatic Pressure Testing Services and Recalibration/Certification of manual and Hydraulic Torque Wrenches. "

http://www.dumore.co/index.php/dutorx/about-dutorx

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 7th, 2020, 6:14 pm

I called nicks and got some good advice.

Basically, his view is that the Honda are the most reliable and the ones with easiest parts availablity.

Any unit with a Briggs and Stratton is hit or miss. I was told that Massy pushes the new line of engines and the parts availablity for older models is scanty. And available new model engines in the market are limited. So it's almost a catch 22.

Dont even bother with Ariens as there are no compatible parts.

Sounds like the one to go for in gas is a Honda. Plus parts are interchangeable with pressure washers with Honda engines.

Still considering the battery. Awaiting some quotes to bring down a Greenworks 60V or Ego 56V.
pugboy wrote:if you want a good piece of advice based on your research

go visit a small engine repair shop and ask them which engines are the most serviceable
nicks repair further east from central chemicals montrose can advise

the key thing is usually the type of carb they carry and availability of parts for it
some carry proprietary carbs others carry carbs which are used by many

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 7th, 2020, 6:33 pm

i put them in a vise but hard to check using my hand as the digital very sensitive
need to hang static weights.

81AD147D-D503-4E96-88AA-8E8FA3F8A354.jpeg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 8th, 2020, 11:08 pm

need to cut a rectangular hole in a mirror for a power socket

went a few glass places and they say i hadda get somewhere with a water jet machine

watching some videos on youtube where they using diamond tile disc, diamond circular bit etc

would a dremel with a diamond disc work?

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » October 10th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Guys, I am looking for a Laminate Floor installer kit with the pry bar and spacers hammer not needed will use my rubber hammer.

Please advise where locally has these kits

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 10th, 2020, 10:20 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:need to cut a rectangular hole in a mirror for a power socket

went a few glass places and they say i hadda get somewhere with a water jet machine

watching some videos on youtube where they using diamond tile disc, diamond circular bit etc

would a dremel with a diamond disc work?

Angle grinder can do it. I use a dremel saw max to cut though, diamond disc

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 11th, 2020, 10:06 am

INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:Guys, I am looking for a Laminate Floor installer kit with the pry bar and spacers hammer not needed will use my rubber hammer.

Laminate flooring does not need this. Good quality planks will actually click together without any need for tools. Spacers can literally be anything 1\4 inch thick.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2020, 11:16 am

The older ones used to be glued together

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » October 11th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:Guys, I am looking for a Laminate Floor installer kit with the pry bar and spacers hammer not needed will use my rubber hammer.

Laminate flooring does not need this. Good quality planks will actually click together without any need for tools. Spacers can literally be anything 1\4 inch thick.

Bro Thanks just need to tool in case any pieces need to be fit with a little tap.

will use a scrap piece for the length side but at the end close to the wall to option to push it if needed.

Thanks.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 11th, 2020, 3:05 pm

Bought this aluminium and glass shower door about 3 months ago. Open it up today to install and cant figure out how to install...
Doesnt look like it can take hinges...too thin...I seeing some matching holes underneath and ontop....any ideas?
20201011_120048.jpeg
20201011_120121.jpeg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”