TSTT WiMax 4G/Hotspot and HSPA+ Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Re: TSTT WiMax 4G/Hotspot and HSPA+ Thread

Postby toyota2nr » October 30th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Looking like what pete?

That's a Star Trek theme I have on the phone.

But you all see the 4G icon/symbol on the top?

:evilbat:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 30th, 2012, 1:48 pm

How come it doesn't look like this

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 30th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Because that's the plain boring look. My phone looks and feels better. Star Trek ringtones, notifications etc, much better.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 30th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Nah, I just find your "4G" lookin a bit like its hanging down.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 30th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Now that you mention it the G looking kinda tired lol......

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 30th, 2012, 4:19 pm

the bmobile 4G service is not launched as yet and only special testers have access.
What you are experiencing there is not 4G

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 30th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Thought so. But it's closer to 512 speed though.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 30th, 2012, 5:40 pm

That's a Star Trek theme?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 30th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Yes it is.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » October 31st, 2012, 9:16 am

:D it not fully launched i guess hence the low speed but yeah.... 4G ftw!
Attachments
SC20121031-091113.png
SC20121031-091113.png (66.01 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

Prototype-Tuner
Sweet on this forum

Postby Prototype-Tuner » October 31st, 2012, 9:56 am

toyota2nr wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:Anyone experiencing a severe power drain on the iPhone 4S with the bmobile 4G?

Battery runs out in a few hours once I turn on the cellular data.

how are you getting bmobile 4G?

Well I believe it's 4G. Check out the screenshot. Now and then it changes to the EDGE symbol and changes back. Not that fast though but I can stream youtube videos.

Theme ???

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 31st, 2012, 10:09 am

that theme looks nothing like what I have seen in Star Trek though.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » October 31st, 2012, 11:06 am

loving that pricing.... :D
Attachments
SC20121031-110231.png
SC20121031-110231.png (33.76 KiB) Viewed 1913 times

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2012, 11:25 am

Yes got the text woot. 80cents per MB is good for a start.

And also where I live just a mile from the old airport you get 1 bar to mostly NO 4G with digicel

But with Bmobile I am getting full blown H+

I used the Digi 4G when it first came out but stopped after 2 months because of the prices were too high. And I wasn't interested in paying no full $220 a month for that service when all I wanted was to check email or update my weather widget.

So I stuck with bmobile pre paid EDGE 4$ per megabyte and they reduced it to $2 / MB

Now its 80 cents so thats fine by me. Most cases I never even used the Digi 2GB per month anyways.

Price wise you really can't touch Bmobile. Atleast for me their reception was always far better than Digicel.

Seriously you pay $27 for a 1 day pass with digicel. Thats just 1 DAY. Bmobile you could make that last 1 WEEK. Lets be real most use this service for BBM or Wats APP or Emails. Disable images with cyanogen mod on your android and you can browse plenty websites for that price.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on October 31st, 2012, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » October 31st, 2012, 11:26 am

pete wrote:Ick.. you really like your phone looking like that?

I was like "WTF kinda theme is that?"

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 31st, 2012, 11:29 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
I used the Digi 4G when it first came out but stopped after 2 months because of the prices were too high. And I wasn't interested in paying no full $220 a month for that service when all I wanted was to check email or update my weather widget.

so you beat up all them months leading up to the launch for just email and weather widget update?

allyuh good yes :lol:

and like was said in the past, everyone who begging for it go bawl when the price hit them :lol: :lol: :lol:

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » October 31st, 2012, 11:33 am

Allyuh fine 80cents per MB is a good price :shock:

Like I have to go back to mathematics class, but with digicel 4G you pay around $250 for 1GB of data, that's 1024 MB, how is 80 cents per MB comparing to that?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2012, 11:33 am

tr1ad wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

so you beat up all them months leading up to the launch for just email and weather widget update?

and like was said in the past, everyone who begging for it go bawl when the price hit them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I was ashamed to admit that I start to bawl when I see the price. So I kept it silent lol.

For no reason at all I realized after watching a couple videos on youtube I was like meh. Yuh know I is one arse, all that beating up for 4G and look I gone back to using what EDGE could very well do LOL

I am pleased to see its only like 80 cents /MB thats more than enough for watts app, weather widget and emails. And well some light web browsing LOL TSTT rules!!

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » October 31st, 2012, 11:35 am

pricewise, mb for mb, digi is cheaper. however, bmo is better because of flexibility, you can pay per mb and not for a package

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2012, 11:36 am

achillies wrote:Allyuh fine 80cents per MB is a good price :shock:

Like I have to go back to mathematics class, but with digicel 4G you pay around $250 for 1GB of data, that's 1024 MB, how is 80 cents per MB comparing to that?

Most don't use 1GB, and to even get internet from Digi YOU MUST HAVE $200 Atleast!!!

And their $27 1 day pass sucks. I can make that $27 last 1 WEEK on Bmobile 80 cent/MB

Its true that Pre paid 80 cent /MB is more expensive than Digi over $200 for 1GB

But atleast with TSTT if yuh just wa use watts app or check ah email you can do that with 80 cents.

I rather spend 80 cent to check my email and update my weather widget when I need to, than pay $200

Just saying LOL

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » October 31st, 2012, 11:36 am

achillies wrote:Allyuh fine 80cents per MB is a good price :shock:

lol ent. I wondering the same thing :S

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2012, 11:38 am

^ as stated before. Most rather spend 80 cent to update my weather widget or check an email. IF I need to, rather than spend $200.

And with cyanogen mod 9 I can disable images when browsing and that 80 cents per MB can go a long way if I top up with a $20 card.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 31st, 2012, 11:40 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

Yes I was ashamed to admit that I start to bawl when I see the price. So I kept it silent lol.

For no reason at all I realized after watching a couple videos on youtube I was like meh. Yuh know I is one arse, all that beating up for 4G and look I gone back to using what EDGE could very well do LOL

I am pleased to see its only like 80 cents /MB thats more than enough for watts app, weather widget and emails. And well some light web browsing LOL TSTT rules!!

so with that in mind, 99 a month wouldn't be better for you? in the event you need to do more on the smartphone?

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » October 31st, 2012, 11:41 am

Well that has to be prepaid data rates and/or the rate per MB if u go over ur postpaid data plan limit.

More interested in the postpaid data plan packages...

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » October 31st, 2012, 11:43 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ as stated before. Most rather spend 80 cent to update my weather widget or check an email. IF I need to, rather than spend $200.

And with cyanogen mod 9 I can disable images when browsing and that 80 cents per MB can go a long way if I top up with a $20 card.

Hoss, what kinda scringy mingy talk you on about 80 cents, that is real micro-managing fadder, so you telling me, you going and find ways and means to stretch a MB

Turn off Images, and flash ROMS to maximize a MB, IMO opinion, that is real high class madness you talking yess, I not crippling my experience to stretch a MB

But to each his own

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2012, 11:44 am

tr1ad wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

so with that in mind, 99 a month wouldn't be better for you? in the event you need to do more on the smartphone?

^ sure. Sounds like a damn good deal!!!!

If they did offer a $99 a month plan I would gladly pay it because at the rate of 80 cents per MB I would spend about the same.

And $99 would give more data. I have no problem spending $100 a month for data.

But that $200+ with Digi was outrageous. Cause in the end if you start to over do it with youtube then that Digi plan dead in 1 day anyways.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2012, 11:48 am

achillies wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ as stated before. Most rather spend 80 cent to update my weather widget or check an email. IF I need to, rather than spend $200.

Hoss, what kinda scringy mingy talk you on about 80 cents, that is real micro-managing fadder, so you telling me, you going and find ways and means to stretch a MB

Turn off Images, and flash ROMS to maximize a MB, IMO opinion, that is real high class madness you talking yess, I not crippling my experience to stretch a MB

But to each his own

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Look if they give me a plan for $99 a month for Data I eh have a problem with that, more than reasonable. But I am just pointing out in a situation like if someone can't afford digi high prices they can stretch things and make it work.

I not saying I would go and disable images and stretch 80 cents LOL

BUT with TSTT you do have the option. With digi they made sure you do not have the option.
I used both networks and I have always gotten far better reception with Bmobile in rural areas.

I mean I real bash and troll TSTT for not having 4G and what not. But as ashamed as I am to admit, I always found their service and deals to be better than Digicel. Its true their CSR is useless but in all cases their problems get sorted out in a matter of hours without even have to call them.

Truth is I bash the people for no reason, praising Digi 4G and bashing them for not having 4G while secretly using TSTT pre paid service cause it suited me better and cheaper. LOL
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on October 31st, 2012, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » October 31st, 2012, 11:50 am

so the only pricing yall got so far is the 80 cents thing, .png pics not opening on dis dotish fone

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » October 31st, 2012, 11:52 am

ismithx wrote:pricewise, mb for mb, digi is cheaper. however, bmo is better because of flexibility, you can pay per mb and not for a package

Ermm bmobile is charging me 819 dollars for 1gb and digicel its 219.... You all have to be joking

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » October 31st, 2012, 11:52 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
achillies wrote:

But to each his own

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Look if they give me a plan for $99 a month for Data I eh have a problem with that, more than reasonable. But I am just pointing out in a situation like if someone can't afford digi high prices they can stretch things and make it work.

I not saying I would go and disable images and stretch 80 cents LOL

BUT with TSTT you do have the option. With digi they made sure you do not have the option.
I used both networks and I have always gotten far better reception with Bmobile in rural areas.

I mean I real bash and troll TSTT for not having 4G and what not. But as ashamed as I am to admit, I always found their service and deals to be better than Digicel. Its true their CSR is useless but in all cases their problems get sorted out in a matter of hours without even have to call them.

Truth is I bash the people for no reason, praising Digi 4G and bashing them for not having 4G while secretly using TSTT pre paid service cause it suited me better and cheaper. LOL

Okay Bro

Well I am just waiting to see Bmobile's postpaid plans, if the prices are right, then Digicel would react to make their prices righter

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”