TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » July 5th, 2020, 11:09 pm

KM_2NR wrote:Those cheap 12000 btu units any good eg wisnow , infinity ?

Not sure about the Infiniti guts but there is a unit scrapped out on my page. Same guts as the window, I did not post the brand.

Full size condenser

12000 btu compressor that is used in the york units

quiet once installed right.

anyhew, my servicing boys in the north and central tomorrow if anyone need a service done.

Rota fan
Street 2NR

Postby Rota fan » July 6th, 2020, 9:36 pm

Peeps. Any reviews on jack frost brand?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2020, 10:14 pm

Rota fan wrote:Peeps. Any reviews on jack frost brand?

Midea built unit, same as some others mentioned above.

You get what you pay for. None of the units are bad, once installed properly they all work.

I can tell you I stayed away from brands like GE, jack frost etc when I now start up because they are all trouble. I fed up repair them. Every instance of failure was due to install issue / technician fault.

Rota fan
Street 2NR

Postby Rota fan » July 7th, 2020, 6:18 am

nervewrecker wrote:
Rota fan wrote:Peeps. Any reviews on jack frost brand?

Midea built unit, same as some others mentioned above.

You get what you pay for. None of the units are bad, once installed properly they all work.

I can tell you I stayed away from brands like GE, jack frost etc when I now start up because they are all trouble. I fed up repair them. Every instance of failure was due to install issue / technician fault.

Thanks for the response. I got a qoute for a carrier 36k inverter, a lennox inverter and a jack frost. The frost being way cheaper so was wondering

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 12th, 2020, 1:08 am

Updates

A lot of tuners ask about the inverter type. It's one I own, experiment on and wired the only trainer in the Caribbean.

My issue with it is that it has a mind of its own.

Parameters it measures are:

- Room temp (indoor unit)

- Indoor coil temp (indoor unit)

- Discharge temp (outdoor part)

- Outdoor coil temp (outdoor unit)

and

- Ambient air temp (outdoor unit)

I have seen a compressor speed sensor in some models (outdoor unit)

When ambient is low and lower than room temps, room corners and dead zones can get pretty warm due to lack of air circulation and cooling via turbulence and convection. When I say warm, I mean by almost 2 degrees difference.

I keep mine at 28 to 29 degrees and it's good enough for me during the day. During the night or during rainy weather the room gets warm and I have to drop temps to 26 - 27 to get the same cooling.

The system is telling itself that its does not need to work as hard because temps are cooler vs during the day when it works harder because its telling itself that place is warmer.

Mine - Gree 12000 btu.

Discliamer: I am not affiliated with this brand in any way as I am neutral on all brands. I was just feeling like buying one so I buy which was closest to me on that day wherever I was passing.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 17th, 2020, 6:28 am

i have a 12000 unit to take down and an 18000 to put up. the 18000 is used with no lines but i was told it is working so i am not 100% sure the installer wont get problems. can someone recommend a person in the san juan area to do the work.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 17th, 2020, 7:32 am

Very true. Have an 8,000

BTW - Is that 28-29C or F? If C is that not rather warm?

Have an 1800 btu Toshiba inverter. Started good and worked well for a couple years (with servicing every 6 months). Now it is is leaking water no matter whichever technician comes to fix it.

Most dotish excuse I heard was that the unit is too level. It never leaked for 2 years, so what is the problem?

nervewrecker wrote:Updates

A lot of tuners ask about the inverter type. It's one I own, experiment on and wired the only trainer in the Caribbean.

My issue with it is that it has a mind of its own.

Parameters it measures are:

- Room temp (indoor unit)

- Indoor coil temp (indoor unit)

- Discharge temp (outdoor part)

- Outdoor coil temp (outdoor unit)

and

- Ambient air temp (outdoor unit)

I have seen a compressor speed sensor in some models (outdoor unit)

When ambient is low and lower than room temps, room corners and dead zones can get pretty warm due to lack of air circulation and cooling via turbulence and convection. When I say warm, I mean by almost 2 degrees difference.

I keep mine at 28 to 29 degrees and it's good enough for me during the day. During the night or during rainy weather the room gets warm and I have to drop temps to 26 - 27 to get the same cooling.

The system is telling itself that its does not need to work as hard because temps are cooler vs during the day when it works harder because its telling itself that place is warmer.

Mine - Gree 12000 btu.

Discliamer: I am not affiliated with this brand in any way as I am neutral on all brands. I was just feeling like buying one so I buy which was closest to me on that day wherever I was passing.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 17th, 2020, 8:00 am

Yes it is kinda warm. I like to feel comfortable, not cold.

Just about every unit we install is bent, slightly to the right side. Bent via level but bent so it not noticeable by eye.

They probably never service it properly and thats the back drain pan clogged.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 17th, 2020, 8:06 am

nervewrecker wrote:Yes it is kinda warm. I like to feel comfortable, not cold.

Just about every unit we install is bent, slightly to the right side. Bent via level but bent so it not noticeable by eye.

A technician actually told me that the unit is too level and should have been installed with a slight tilt.

But, still, it took over 2 years for it to start leaking.

I changed technicians and the 2nd one who came actually took out the entire cover and then some to service. I was floored because the 1st one never did that.

All kinds of people out there. Right now it is leaking again and the 1st technician called me the other day but I blanked him.

Correction: Servicing was initially done 4 times a year not twice. Now, it is done twice.

Not me and inverters again. Too sensitive.

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » July 17th, 2020, 8:11 am

Good morning,
I looking to install a unit in the living room (24 or 32....how do i determine the correct size?). ANyhow, i firstly need to do the electrical; that wall from the panel box is maybe about 20 ft and I would prefer to have plug and isolator everything outside. What might be an average pricing to do this?

Thanks

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 17th, 2020, 11:06 am

Nexus wrote:Good morning,
I looking to install a unit in the living room (24 or 32....how do i determine the correct size?). ANyhow, i firstly need to do the electrical; that wall from the panel box is maybe about 20 ft and I would prefer to have plug and isolator everything outside. What might be an average pricing to do this?

Thanks
What are the dimensions?
Upstairs or downstairs?
East or west?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 17th, 2020, 11:08 am

bluefete wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Yes it is kinda warm. I like to feel comfortable, not cold.

A technician actually told me that the unit is too level and should have been installed with a slight tilt.

But, still, it took over 2 years for it to start leaking.

I changed technicians and the 2nd one who came actually took out the entire cover and then some to service. I was floored because the 1st one never did that.

All kinds of people out there. Right now it is leaking again and the 1st technician called me the other day but I blanked him.

Correction: Servicing was initially done 4 times a year not twice. Now, it is done twice.

Not me and inverters again. Too sensitive.
Plenty men don't do a good job.
Send me a pic of the leak.
They always have too many excuses.
It can be level, no harm in that. But we put a slight tilt. Level will not cause any issues however.
Can be back drain pan that is neglected a lot.
Inverters work good when men who know about it working on it

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 17th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Nerve, I have a 12k installed 7.5 yrs ago, those fins on the external condenser is turning into powder when touched and looks whitey. It works though but should I be concerned?
20200717_152844.jpeg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 18th, 2020, 5:25 pm

^^^

you have a leak on the coil.

$600.00 to repair.

Up to you....

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 18th, 2020, 10:32 pm

couple times I had leaks was due to bad algae buildup in the drain pan.
when nerve and the crew scrap it down and show me the black jello - wogooooooood

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm

He has a refrigerant leak. Quite possible from moisture existing in the system due to purging lines and not using a vacuum. Moisture reacts with the hygroscopic oil and breaks it down forming an acidic by product. Eats away the coils from inside and the weakest point breaks.
The oil dissolves in the refrigerant in its liquid form and moves through the system hence where there is a refrigerant leak you see oil reside. The wet spot on his coil is an indication of a refrigerant leak. The oil supposed too move with the refrigerant to lubricate moving parts that may be in the system like valves etc

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » July 21st, 2020, 8:46 am

Had a long standing leak on a Comfee evaporator.Nerve guided me though covid. With his help I was able to stop that leak for 3months. Many so called ac tech companies came to service over the years and none could repair the leak fully.

Yesterday it was serviced by Cool It from Arima. They spent 2.5 hours on the unit. Apparently there is rear drain pan midway up the evaporator.This was filled with slime and water.

No issues this far .

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 21st, 2020, 10:54 pm

cornfused wrote:Had a long standing leak on a Comfee evaporator.Nerve guided me though covid. With his help I was able to stop that leak for 3months. Many so called ac tech companies came to service over the years and none could repair the leak fully.

Yesterday it was serviced by Cool It from Arima. They spent 2.5 hours on the unit. Apparently there is rear drain pan midway up the evaporator.This was filled with slime and water.

No issues this far .

There is a rear and a back drain pan.

Many men will come wash out the from of the coil and leave the back. Spme of these units you seeing close to the ceiling they cant access with their pressure washer. We have an attachment that is about 3" long that can swing any angle any direction to access those.

This is why when I browsing and seeing men putting up ac and it so close to the ceiling I just smirk and keep browsing. They get what they pay for.

In other news, we put in two wisnow at st anns hospital, quiet like hell. The 12000 btu seems to be a good choice, the 24 small like an 18.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » July 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm

cornfused wrote:Had a long standing leak on a Comfee evaporator.Nerve guided me through covid. With his help I was able to stop that leak for 3months. Many so called ac tech companies came to service over the years and none could repair the leak fully.

No issues this far .

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 22nd, 2020, 9:54 pm

Someone asked so is best I clear it up one time. Lennox and Daikin, even if someone else install it I authorized to work on it and you will still have the warranty provided procedure was followed when it was installed.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » August 18th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Ok. I am asking, although it may have been asked in each page. What us the best ac for my money. Need two 12000btu one 24000btu and one 36000btu. Prices and brand. Advantages. So nerve, if it's your home which brand would you choose and why?
Thanks.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » August 18th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Might not be the right topic but bought a Lennox Central A/C and the thing so loud....such a complete waste of money.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 19th, 2020, 10:42 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Ok. I am asking, although it may have been asked in each page. What us the best ac for my money. Need two 12000btu one 24000btu and one 36000btu. Prices and brand. Advantages. So nerve, if it's your home which brand would you choose and why?
Thanks.

me?

Lennox, Daikin, Gree, Peake, Innovair, Midea, Carrier or even Comfort Star / Wisnow / Jack Frost. Even The GE or Comfee depending on budget, size of room, purpose and what is what because units vary with batches.

The dealers for Lennox / Daikin have a good relationship with me as well as the dealers for Innovair and GE (I like the Innovair 3 tonne inverter unit and some of the other sizes).

Peake are midea built, I see their new 3 tonne is a monster that different from the rest. They bring odd size units like 30000 btu and I think 21000 btu so you have a wider variety to choose from. manager at Peake treats me good.

The new GE units come with built in wifi.

The wisnow 12 and 18 units are full size and quiet as hell.

I had purchased my units from ronsin1 on the forum some years ago. I went with gree because they were rated as good units. I even replaced the gree in my bedroom with a gree inverter just because I was in the vicinity of the dealer and felt like buying an inverter type. I am glad I choose that one because its different from the lennox and daikin that I know my way around so its a learning opportunity for me. The gree I removed, I put it in another room. They are 5 years old and more and still working like day 1. Can throw up pics and show how they look. The gree 24000 btu was actually a 25500 btu.

Not all units are equal, this is what I say size it right and tell the customer what they getting for the price.

Have a look at the Gree 24000 btu we just install in dumore guard booth vs the GE 24000 btu in the room next door. I had to put in a Peak 12 to cool the room with the GE 24000 btu. I am not saying the GE is not a good unit or anyone robbing you. But if the room not big enough for a full 24000 btu explain to the customer they can get a slightly smaller unit that is rated at 24000 btu but it maybe closer to a 21000 btu which is what you might need for the room. Save some $$$ and buy the GE, heck you getting built in wifi and thats a plus (this GE is an older GE just so everyone knows).
Attachments
118012522_1005788373174198_6361018855964145111_n.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 19th, 2020, 10:43 pm

Kewell35 wrote:Might not be the right topic but bought a Lennox Central A/C and the thing so loud....such a complete waste of money.

whatapp me your issues 3731095 and who installed it.

When you say loud, you mean the outside part or the noise from the vents inside?

Now bigger commercial grade units can get noisy but newer units are very quiet once installed right. Eben the new 5 tonne units you can stand next to and carry on a conversation.

Noisier blowers are usually more powerful units. Most opt for less power to boast their own quieter than another. On full speed the mini split 12000 btu I have can make noise like a small storm or be barely noticeable when it slows down.

Also, bad duct work can result in noise.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » August 20th, 2020, 2:37 am

Sound like good advice. I'm curious about the usefulness of wifi in AC units at home. Other than turning on AC units before you get home, what are some examples where wifi is really helpful?
nervewrecker wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:Ok. I am asking, although it may have been asked in each page. What us the best ac for my money. Need two 12000btu one 24000btu and one 36000btu. Prices and brand. Advantages. So nerve, if it's your home which brand would you choose and why?
Thanks.

me?

Lennox, Daikin, Gree, Peake, Innovair, Midea, Carrier or even Comfort Star / Wisnow / Jack Frost. Even The GE or Comfee depending on budget, size of room, purpose and what is what because units vary with batches.

The dealers for Lennox / Daikin have a good relationship with me as well as the dealers for Innovair and GE (I like the Innovair 3 tonne inverter unit and some of the other sizes).

Peake are midea built, I see their new 3 tonne is a monster that different from the rest. They bring odd size units like 30000 btu and I think 21000 btu so you have a wider variety to choose from. manager at Peake treats me good.

The new GE units come with built in wifi.

The wisnow 12 and 18 units are full size and quiet as hell.

I had purchased my units from ronsin1 on the forum some years ago. I went with gree because they were rated as good units. I even replaced the gree in my bedroom with a gree inverter just because I was in the vicinity of the dealer and felt like buying an inverter type. I am glad I choose that one because its different from the lennox and daikin that I know my way around so its a learning opportunity for me. The gree I removed, I put it in another room. They are 5 years old and more and still working like day 1. Can throw up pics and show how they look. The gree 24000 btu was actually a 25500 btu.

Not all units are equal, this is what I say size it right and tell the customer what they getting for the price.

Have a look at the Gree 24000 btu we just install in dumore guard booth vs the GE 24000 btu in the room next door. I had to put in a Peak 12 to cool the room with the GE 24000 btu. I am not saying the GE is not a good unit or anyone robbing you. But if the room not big enough for a full 24000 btu explain to the customer they can get a slightly smaller unit that is rated at 24000 btu but it maybe closer to a 21000 btu which is what you might need for the room. Save some $$$ and buy the GE, heck you getting built in wifi and thats a plus (this GE is an older GE just so everyone knows).

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » August 20th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Many thanks for the reply Nerve.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » August 20th, 2020, 7:57 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:Might not be the right topic but bought a Lennox Central A/C and the thing so loud....such a complete waste of money.

whatapp me your issues 3731095 and who installed it.

When you say loud, you mean the outside part or the noise from the vents inside?

Now bigger commercial grade units can get noisy but newer units are very quiet once installed right. Eben the new 5 tonne units you can stand next to and carry on a conversation.

Noisier blowers are usually more powerful units. Most opt for less power to boast their own quieter than another. On full speed the mini split 12000 btu I have can make noise like a small storm or be barely noticeable when it slows down.

Also, bad duct work can result in noise.

People from the US install it. The actual unit inside the house making real noise when it comes on not the outside and not the vents.

It's one of the Lennox Elite series but is complete sheit. I find when it turns on I get bad sinus issues as well.

I now wondering if is bad duct work. You might be right.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 20th, 2020, 8:13 pm

Can you describe the noise?

Is it on a level surface?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 22nd, 2020, 10:18 pm

Yea, so we handling heavy equipment tooImage

warrenc_alexis
Street 2NR

Postby warrenc_alexis » August 25th, 2020, 11:17 am

nervewrecker wrote:Yea, so we handling heavy equipment tooImage

Hey I sent you a WhatsApp message last night about two units.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”