TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » September 14th, 2019, 8:21 am

nervewrecker wrote:Is not panasonic units nick have there yunno gastly

how the new gree units treating you btw?
There's a crystal clear gummy/jelly type buildup I noticed in the drain line, what is it??.Its not the usual white slime stuff

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 14th, 2019, 12:55 pm

algae buildup... Normal ting
nick639v2 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Is not panasonic units nick have there yunno gastly

how the new gree units treating you btw?
There's a crystal clear gummy/jelly type buildup I noticed in the drain line, what is it??.Its not the usual white slime stuff

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » October 11th, 2019, 10:34 pm

Anybody have experience with the Intense Cool brand that Achievors is selling? Looks like a Carrier knockoff.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 11th, 2019, 10:42 pm

NR8 wrote:Anybody have experience with the Intense Cool brand that Achievors is selling? Looks like a Carrier knockoff.

Saw these in olera heights, wasnt even aware that brand existed. probably rebadged.

If im not mistaken a customer I spoke with at olera heights said they also brought the "cold air" brand to Trinidad. It's also a rebadged unit, figured out which one a few weeks ago so no more headache to get parts.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » October 11th, 2019, 11:06 pm

Never heard of the cold air brand either. Someone told me about Intense Cool today so I stopped by Achievors to find out. Their official office is at the Debe business park.

Need a 12,000 BTU unit installed. Have a defective unit that I am removing and discarding. Relocating at the end of next year though so looking for something in the sub $2500 range. The PriceSmart Rheem looks tempting. I coulda install that myself but don't have a vacuum pump. Do you have anything to suit that budget?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 12th, 2019, 10:37 pm

NR8 wrote:Never heard of the cold air brand either. Someone told me about Intense Cool today so I stopped by Achievors to find out. Their official office is at the Debe business park.

Need a 12,000 BTU unit installed. Have a defective unit that I am removing and discarding. Relocating at the end of next year though so looking for something in the sub $2500 range. The PriceSmart Rheem looks tempting. I coulda install that myself but don't have a vacuum pump. Do you have anything to suit that budget?

I'd say pick any of the sticker brands and pick the cheapest and done. All are the same with just different price tags. I'd usually go with the delta because I know they have a lot of parts and can easily get stuff plus they dont hesitate to honour warranty (only once I had an issue and it was a manufacturer defect, they didnt even ask me for the bill, just picked up a new one off the shelf and hand me one time. Said if I find the bill feel free to send in a copy. That was when Narine was manager though). If not, maybe the pioneer.

Rheem is a good unit, not disputing that in any way although I havent opened one to see whats inside. But the price yo. No brackets or trunking and customer service sucks a$$

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 13th, 2020, 1:19 pm

Considering replacing my current unit as its worn and broken with either a 12k Ciac high wall or delta titan/wifi as these two units have great reviews by customers. Any users on here with experience with either and is the wifi option even worth it?
Last edited by INHUMAN on February 13th, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 13th, 2020, 9:57 pm

Is it wifi enabled or it is wifi capable and you need the required hardware?

I can verify with the manager. He is a tuner btw

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 14th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Comes with wifi chip installed. I see other places sellin the unit + 400 for chip installation.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 14th, 2020, 9:34 pm

I'd say go for it then.

There is the option on the innovair inverters as well. Impressive for the price they sell at.
I been meaning to put one in at home but time. Sigh
Would give my sister the gree 24000 btu for her house. 25500 btu of cooling sold as 24000 btu. I bought it from ronsin1 on the forum some years back. Had no regrets and his pricing was very competitive for the job done. I know more about ac now and can safely say they followed proper procedure for an install hence the units being around still.
Not sure about warranty because they now come with 1 year parts and compressor. Not sure what it was when I bought them if it was 5 years on the comp but the dealer did say something along the lines that they decrease warranty because real man buy units and screw them up and put them in a position.
Gree is the only brand I understand Neil cool cant get his hands on.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 14th, 2020, 9:42 pm

what is wifi chip about?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » February 15th, 2020, 8:56 am

INHUMAN wrote:Comes with wifi chip installed. I see other places sellin the unit + 400 for chip installation.

what's the price?

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 15th, 2020, 11:36 pm

2400-2800 avg
NR8 wrote:
INHUMAN wrote:Comes with wifi chip installed. I see other places sellin the unit + 400 for chip installation.

what's the price?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 16th, 2020, 12:02 am

pugboy wrote:what is wifi chip about?

Some units come with wifi built in and some has the option where you can add in a dongle. A lot use the same remote so the remote may have the wifi feature but the unit does not. Case in point Ted_v2 lennox units are not wifi able but the remote is the same remote as mine. None of us had time to see how to turn back on the lights so I just gave him mine and took his as I dont want the lights on on mine.
I never even try activating the wifi on mine.

Networking men may know how control them via wifi and a device they have at home. A tuner purchased a 3 tonne inverter unit. I'm not sure the remote even came out the plastic. By the time it came on he had control from his phone.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 16th, 2020, 8:24 pm

I'm seeing brands have similar looking units but different names and can't seem to find any major differences with them per say. For eg. Delta Lotuus Premium and Delta Titan and Carrier and Ciac by Carrier. What's the deal? Is there some form of generic attributes?
FB_IMG_1581898854884.jpeg
FB_IMG_1581898667995.jpeg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 16th, 2020, 9:32 pm

The carrier is different. I think you mixing something up.

The Delta lotus looks a lot like the Gree units and are very similar to the Lennox and Daikin made by gree. I haven't had the opportunity to open one as I have not sold any. Not sure if Henry or Andrew will let me open one.

Odd enough the delta titan 3 tonne carries a different line size from the rest. Not sure what's up with that (its bigger lines).

I found Mitsubishi compressors in the delta pro units. They have two coils in the 3 tonne units vs one in the new mini split units. Found an old pioneer unit to be very very similar but I didn't check what compressor it carries.

Somewhere I listed a set that are all the same. Of course, salesmen will tell you it has differences like quality control, the metal it made out of and some other male cow manure but I opened a few and its the exact damn same thing inside. I choose the cheapest and whichever has the best warranty when it comes to those because all are the same but carry different prices.

had 3 line up in a showroom with 3 different prices. I asked the ladies whats the differences? Well they now carry the same price :lol:

What get me vex is that one of the cheapest brands in the market is the exact same unit as a certain premium brand. I paid premium price for premium unit for my parent's bedroom only to find a "bottom of the barrel" unit being the same.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 16th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Im guessing the three u had lineup were daikin, lennox and gree. The 12k carrier and 12k ciac by carrier...the ciac is less premium i assume?
nervewrecker wrote:The carrier is different. I think you mixing something up.

The Delta lotus looks a lot like the Gree units and are very similar to the Lennox and Daikin made by gree. I haven't had the opportunity to open one as I have not sold any. Not sure if Henry or Andrew will let me open one.

Odd enough the delta titan 3 tonne carries a different line size from the rest. Not sure what's up with that (its bigger lines).

I found Mitsubishi compressors in the delta pro units. They have two coils in the 3 tonne units vs one in the new mini split units. Found an old pioneer unit to be very very similar but I didn't check what compressor it carries.

Somewhere I listed a set that are all the same. Of course, salesmen will tell you it has differences like quality control, the metal it made out of and some other male cow manure but I opened a few and its the exact damn same thing inside. I choose the cheapest and whichever has the best warranty when it comes to those because all are the same but carry different prices.

had 3 line up in a showroom with 3 different prices. I asked the ladies whats the differences? Well they now carry the same price

What get me vex is that one of the cheapest brands in the market is the exact same unit as a certain premium brand. I paid premium price for premium unit for my parent's bedroom only to find a "bottom of the barrel" unit being the same.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 17th, 2020, 7:47 am

Daikin, Lennox and Gree are no longer the same or close to being the same.

Right now the delta lotus is closest to the Gree.

it was 3 of the cheaper brands.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 17th, 2020, 9:49 am

nervewrecker wrote:
pugboy wrote:what is wifi chip about?

Some units come with wifi built in and some has the option where you can add in a dongle. A lot use the same remote so the remote may have the wifi feature but the unit does not. Case in point Ted_v2 lennox units are not wifi able but the remote is the same remote as mine. None of us had time to see how to turn back on the lights so I just gave him mine and took his as I dont want the lights on on mine.
I never even try activating the wifi on mine.

Networking men may know how control them via wifi and a device they have at home. A tuner purchased a 3 tonne inverter unit. I'm not sure the remote even came out the plastic. By the time it came on he had control from his phone.

Which models available locally have WiFi?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 17th, 2020, 11:15 pm

If I am not mistaken the Daikin have wifi. The Kiara series

Very open to correction.

Posting from the hospital here and kinda halfway out of it so lhow meh

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 18th, 2020, 6:24 am

Like you get the corona virus from one ah dem old Chiney a/c units?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » February 18th, 2020, 9:40 am

INHUMAN wrote:2400-2800 avg
NR8 wrote:

what's the price?

Who selling them? I'm in the market for 12K and 24K inverters.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 18th, 2020, 2:07 pm

rspann wrote:Like you get the corona virus from one ah dem old Chiney a/c units?
Nope, almost lost my life.
1/2" deep laceration right by my jugular.
Docs told me keep my ass put

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 18th, 2020, 2:10 pm

NR8 wrote:
INHUMAN wrote:2400-2800 avg
NR8 wrote:

what's the price?

Who selling them? I'm in the market for 12K and 24K inverters.
Kinetic, darrens and two seasons i believe. Cool wizard and neil kool may have but not sure of price difference.
nervewrecker wrote:
rspann wrote:Like you get the corona virus from one ah dem old Chiney a/c units?
When the ac units fights back!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 18th, 2020, 3:48 pm

All who you see advertising are just buying from West Indian logistics.

I suggest you find out if they know what proper install procedure is before letting them in your home.

Neil is in no way a technician, the man is a businessman. Plain talk bad manners! Man module is successful and many be jelly. I say fook dem

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » February 19th, 2020, 1:11 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

Nerve what happen pal?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 19th, 2020, 2:27 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

WTF dawg

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 19th, 2020, 2:34 pm

It not female related though?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 2:47 pm

wda
get well boi

nervewrecker wrote:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 19th, 2020, 9:34 pm

5 tonne evap slipped out a man hand and fell on me taking me down with it and the ladder.
Cut me across my neck and went in about half inch right by the jugular vein. Docs said it's dangerously close, almost cut it.
Any infection will go downhill fast.
Best part is, we worked on a walk in freezer earlier. Had bits of meat residue all over it that was decomposing. Had to soak that thing with disinfect to work in there. You was swallowing vomit to stay inside.
So there is no question as to if I have potential for infection.
Thankfully first aid training and reading taught me that hydrogen peroxide can be used to clean up. Had a bottle on the counter so I cleaned it as it happened. Image

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”